Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Vicxas wrote: »
    Sarri fighting with his own players now.

Completely lost the dressing room he has
    Never, ever, saw or heard anything like that before! Surely once the sub is announced a player has to go?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

NukaCola wrote: »
    Kepa refused to be substituted?

Yep. They pretty much had a screaming match at each other in front of 60k people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Well what can you say about that display? Insipid, disjointed, pathetic would be some words I would use for it, like seriously wtf were we doing? Utd with a patched up walking wounded side were there to be swept away and yet we can feel lucky we came away with the draw. Not good enough, yes I would have probably took a point pre game but you when actually take the context of how it played out into consideration, which seems difficult to comprehend in some cases, then yea it just wasn't good enough.

Why Klopp brought on Sturridge that early I do not know, bizarre because he had favoured Origi in recent weeks so then he drops Sturridge in at the deep end, in fairness at least he managed to retain possession occasionally unlike Salah and Mane in particular, both of those played like they were drunk.

I can't see us winning the league with the way we are playing and with Firmino possibly out for a while, but let's hope something clicks very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Well chelsea keeper just took the weekend highlights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Well chelsea keeper just took the weekend highlights

I think he just got himself sold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Blondie919 wrote: »

Genuinely hope City win now, after seeing that fiasco.

Chelsea players are disguting for sticking up for him

Absolutely vile club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You leave the remonstrations for after the game. More strife would just make a bigger mess of things. He should be strung up from the rafters tomorrow though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Player power always wins at Chelsea.

Sarri is gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

The sturridge sub feels like it was klopp saying to him this is your chance, away in a big game and they've a lot of problems but it ultimately failed. Even more odd whens its origi he's been subbing on lately when chasing a goal. It really doesn't make any sense.

Gbear wrote: »

You leave the remonstrations for after the game. More strife would just make a bigger mess of things. He should be strung up from the rafters tomorrow though.

I think the captain and all other players should say get off the pitch u ejit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Brewster has never played a minute of senior football that would some doing if he gets minutes before the end of the season and plays a part in the title race.

Federico Macheda says hello.

Sarri is gone now.

Sarri should never have backed down, and who was captaining Chelsea today? Captain should've dragged Kepa off the pitch.

But yeah, that's the end for Sarri now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

klose wrote: »
    The sturridge sub feels like it was klopp saying to him this is your chance, away in a big game and they've a lot of problems but it ultimately failed. Even more odd whens its origi he's been subbing on lately when chasing a goal. It really doesn't make any sense.

Don't buy into that all, like this is Sturridge chance to do what exactly? I can't believe Klopp would do something like that in a humongous match. Sturridge will be gone in the summer even if he got a hat trick today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭facehugger99

When the ref came over to Sarri, why didn't he just stand his ground and say he wanted to make the substitution?

I hate to see that kind of bolloxolgy from Kepa working - he should have been carted off the field if necessary.

Delighted to see him fcuk up the Augero penalty.

Comfortable my second least favourite team despite competition from PSG and Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

klose wrote: »

Maybe he was playing the long game, and with the way players were dropping was more willing to risk losing the nothingness Sturridge brings than risk Origi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Sarri is gone now.

Quite possible but whoever takes over is unlikely going to be happy with a keeper who doesn't obey his manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

superg wrote: »
    Federico Macheda says hello.

He deserved a medal for that goal

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

I love seeing Chelsea fall apart. Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Sarri should never have backed down, and who was captaining Chelsea today? Captain should've dragged Kepa off the pitch.

But yeah, that's the end for Sarri now.

Azpilicueta - Who, when he won the coin toss for the shootout, paused to find Luiz and ask him which end he should choose. Like ffs that's not exactly a difficult decision

So to answer your question, no one. Chelsea had no captain on the pitch today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

x43r0 wrote: »
    Azpilicueta - Who, when he won the coin toss for the shootout, paused to find Luiz and ask him which end he should choose. Like ffs that's not exactly a difficult decision

No Captain and the manager was in goal going by the debacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Is this a Chelsea page??? Seems to be the topic over the last few pages.......Just saying like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm sure I have seen it countless times where a player is down injured and the manager prepares a sub only for the player to give thumbs up that he's okay to continue. I've seen it many times, this incident was blown out of proportion, the whole vibe from the experts was he was being subbed for the penalty expert keeper to come on, but it was not the case, Sarri just stated it himself. He thought he was injured.

Henderson done the same today, yes he came off but he disrespected Klopp and Shaq coming on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

x43r0 wrote: »

I think they won the first coin toss and he picked the end.
    They then won the second coin toss for who goes first- he went looking for help then - very poor from the 'captain'.
    He didn't half stick his pen away though and then Luiz missed his :pac:

Liverpool go top
    Utd go 5th
    Utd fans giving it large.

Some change.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Liverpool go top
    Utd go 5th

Some change.

Ah come on - Utd won the game 0-0, fair and square.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Liverpool go top
    Utd go 5th

Some change.

I couldn't care about them. I care about my own team's performance and the lack of creativity against a skeletal side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Thank fcuk that OG wasn’t given.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then anything happen while I was at work? 0-0 you say? Nope! Well as they say I'd have taken the point beforehand.

Having just seen the starting 11, I'm rather surprised TAA didn't feature.

How was the midfield set up, was it a "pure" 3 or did it ended up a double six plus with an 8? I have visions of Fab/Hendo both sat deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I'm sure I have seen it countless times where a player is down injured and the manager prepares a sub only for the player to give thumbs up that he's okay to continue. I've seen it many times, this incident was blown out of proportion, the whole vibe from the experts was he was being subbed for the penalty expert keeper to come on, but it was not the case, Sarri just stated it himself. He thought he was injured.

Henderson done the same today, yes he came off but he disrespected Klopp and Shaq coming on.

Thats not what happened at all.

So then anything happen while I was at work? 0-0 you say? Nope! Well as they say I'd have taken the point beforehand.

How was the midfield set up, was it a "pure" 3 or did it ended up a double six plus with an 8? I have visions of Fab/Hendo both sat deep.

Midfield was very flat, when Bobby went off the lack of initiative in the middle of the park couldn't like mo and mane and Sturridge was Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Forget about it. It's not worth revisiting at all. I can't believe we all keep hyping up this fixture.

Thank god there's 2 more games in the next week. On to the next one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

66 Liverpool
    65 Man City
    60 Spurs
    53 Arsenal
    52 Man Utd
    50 Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ardinn wrote: »

Nah there was no score

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

Difficult to say as there was no pattern to the game or any sustained period of good Liverpool play or possession. Midfield did ok defensively. We neutralised their counter attacking game and kept Pogba fairly quiet. Their main threat was from set pieces. Wijnaldum probably played the furthest forward of the 3. We really struggled in possession though. Slow passing, inaccurate passing, little movement from front 3 meant we kept trying these little chip over the top type balls, none of which came to anything. Tried to force passes that were never on. Milner was wasteful from some decent positions to cross and Robertson saw very little of it.

The result is decent in the context of the entire season but it was poor if you analyse the game on its own. Utd lost 3 players with first half injuries and they were there to be got at. They still came closest to scoring and we created absolutely nothing. We really miss a goal threat from midfield or the bench when the front 3 aren't on their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Really don't want Sturridge getting any more than a final 5-10 minutes when we're piling on pressure. Today isn't even the final straw - that was a long time ago. Today was the straw that was just casually tossed onto the poor camel's long-dead corpse. He just adds nothing to an actual football match.

Would have much rathered Shaq or Keita to come in for Bobby.

And it's a shame, because I like Danny. He was once brilliant for us, is an interesting guy, and clearly quite different from your average footballer. But on the field, he brings next to nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Ardent

What happened between Henderson and Klopp today. Henderson was not happy to come off - understandably as he was playing well - and looked like there were words exchanged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Ardent wrote: »
    What happened between Henderson and Klopp today. Henderson was not happy to come off - understandably as he was playing well - and looked like there were words exchanged?

German press reporting that Henderson refused to shake Klopps hand coming off and Klopp pulled him on it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

Ardent wrote: »

He was upset to be taken off but I didn't like to see him do what he did. He should still have shaken Klopp's hand. Klopp was right to let him know straight away. Childish from Henderson, regardless if he felt he was playing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Didnt see the game ... but most reports saying Liverpool were poor.... I got slated here recently for suggestion the team have not been right since Christmas ... They look to be running on fumes ... Salah needs a month off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Didnt see the game ... but most reports saying Liverpool were poor.... I got slated here recently for suggestion the team have not been right since Christmas ... They look to be running on fumes ... Salah needs a month off.

Pretty much had a month off since Xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We've been very poor since after Xmas. Like we've ran out of ideas going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

They’ve all had plenty of time off lately with no involvement in the domestic cups. What we’re really missing is a real goal threat from midfield. Would be nice to see Ox getting some game time to add something different, I’d imagine his reintroduction will need to be managed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Ardent

Klopp's substitutions didn't help today. Sturridge should not have come on for Firminho. The only other option was Origi so that's who should have come on.

Couldn't believe my eyes when Sturridge came on. And he was predictably sh*t. Why not Shaq instead, and move Salah to the centre!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PhuckHugh wrote:

Those overseas training camps have done sweet f*ck all so far but give the team a few illnesses.
    Looked as cold today as we did against Bayern, before that it was Leicester & West Ham games after the first warm weather camp. Guess it means they'll do better midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Can we bottle every game now if it means we go top ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ERG89 wrote: »
    Those overseas training camps have done sweet f*ck all so far but give the team a few illnesses.
    Looked as cold today as we did against Bayern, before that it was Leicester & West Ham games after the first warm weather camp. Guess it means they'll do better midweek.

Breaks away aren’t for the now though, they’re for a month or two from now.

The best thing for the ‘now’ is always games and momentum, but without breaks it’s unsustainable for the longer term. Rafa used always say you just need to do enough for the first 3/4’s of the season to keep yourself in contention in March, and then start really putting it in, because that’s when the challenge really starts.

If you can make sure you have legs from March on, you’re in good shape. Have had a rough 2019 with injuries, but with players starting to come back, and proper rest in the legs, there’s no excuses from here on. Either they’ll do it, or they won’t, but circumstances are set up to give ‘em every chance if they can find the quality on the field.

Overall, brilliant season so far, managed well, and being disappointed by 4 points against Utd just backs that up. Need to put on a show against Watford now.

The extra rest could be invaluable in April.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement