Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    The extra rest could be invaluable in April.

Rest and falling out of competitions has broken our stride. We lack sharpness big time, pretty evident over the last month or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Didnt see the game ... but most reports saying Liverpool were poor.... I got slated here recently for suggestion the team have not been right since Christmas ... They look to be running on fumes ... Salah needs a month off.

Liverpool have played 5 matches in 36 days for Christ sake tiredness can’t be an issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'd say we can drop only 6 more points. I see City winning next 5, while we don't, but I see April as a big month for City, can see them lose a game and drawing a game. No way they win every game and force us to do same to claim title. We'll both drop points. I'd say we can drop 6 and win it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

No Firmino surely for a week or two at best. So what does Klopp do.

Salah up top with shaq on the right? Will he start lallana? Keita?

Origi in straight swap?

Interesting to see what he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Is the Watford game on tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

City missing fernandinho for next few weeks could be huge as we saw how much he was missed over the Christmas for them. All the games they potentially have left will have an effect on their league performances you would imagine.

It's important we find our form and swagger asap and get back to winning games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would be shocked if Fernandinho is out for anything close to ‘weeks’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

eigrod wrote: »
    Is the Watford game on tv?

Not on Sky/BT. I'm sure NBC or some such station will have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    looked like a groin strain? or has something been confirmed? groin strains can be tricky - 2/3 weeks or risk aggrevating it.

we have lacked imagination in the last few matches, strange. We need a top drawer midfielder - pay the money for next season!! I'd expect City to stumble over the next few games. Golden opportunity lost today though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

s8n wrote: »
    The biggest overreaction today was the poster that called Salah a bottler.

Another game without the greatest player of all time in the greatest team of all time scoring at Old Trafford ??

Don’t see how that’s an over reaction ??

Best of luck in the Intertoto Cup next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I saw on ssn that fernandinho and laporte will likely be out for weeks. That would be huge, 2 of their most important players. Unfortunately ssn isn't a rock solid source but hopefully they're correct this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

West Ham could be tough for City.

Lots of pace on the break & City will have fatigue & no Fernandinho & Laporte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Need to get Gomez and Ox-Cham back into contention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I’d give it consideration if Pellegrini wasn’t the manager.

• Advertisement

Laporte and fernandinho both injured today. That's something at least, look like they'll miss a few games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

rob316 wrote: »
    Laporte and fernandinho both injured today. That's something at least, look like they'll miss a few games

Are you sure? Haven't seen anything yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

awec wrote: »
    Salah is just lacking confidence. Not a lot is going for him right now in general play. Summed up today in the first half when he couldn't beat an injured Mata 1 on 1. Last season he'd have skinned him.

I think he needs to learn to use his right foot more. When he's low on confidence he wants to bring everything back onto his left and full backs can read him like a book. They just need to show him the outside.

yeah Salah always seems to have the need to cut inside to use his left foot which is making him predictable. He is being double marked a lot this season but even when he isn't he is often losing one on ones with defenders that he wasn't last season.

Dissappointed with today, 3 points were there to be taken but all we mustered up was one shot on target, it was very frustrating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

I'd love us to go back in Fekir this summer. He would be that bridge we are missing from Midfield to attack as we are seeming to take on alot of defensive midfielders.

Up top our 3 are solid but to have that explosion of Fekir in behind or in the diamond would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

I'd love us to go back in Fekir this summer. He would be that bridge we are missing from Midfield to attack as we are seeming to take on alot of defensive midfielders.

Up top our 3 are solid but to have that explosion of Fekir in behind or in the diamond would be great.

Wasn't there an issue with his knee though?

• Advertisement

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Wasn't there an issue with his knee though?

He was out Feb to april last year after an injury in 2016 to his knee, he's not been out since April last year and is apparently back fully fit.

Richie Partridge and Ivan Lennon who are part of the LFC medical and physio team decided it wasn't worth the risk. He's been on fire since

Don't think we'd have Becker if we got fekir though.

rob316 wrote: »
    Don't think we'd have Becker if we got fekir though.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wow so Physios now are invoked in medicals of players and deciding whether or not to sign players.

I thought that decision will been down to the club doctors.

Wow so Physios now are invokes in medicals of players and deciding whether or not to sign players.

Ivan Lennon makes the decision he's the doctor who ruled on it Partridge was the physio in on the check up

Why?

Money.

We pressed on with alisson transfer after fekirs collapsed.

Wow you learn something new everyday I though Dr Massey was the club doctor who was involved in all medicals and Richie Partridge was only involved with the youth teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Wow so Physios now are invoked in medicals of players and deciding whether or not to sign players.

I presume the fact that he has one season got relatively injury free is irrelevant, the club weighed up the likelihood of serious injury price etc and decided that it wasn't worth the risk

Wow you learn something new everyday I though Dr Massey was the club doctor who was involved in all medicals.

Andy is head of medical services. He doesn't sit over Medicals. It is conducted by 3 docs, cardio Vascular, muscle and structural

Good to have an ITK back on the thread.

• Advertisement

Good to have an ITK back on the thread.

By no means mate, just bits and pieces like most. But yeah watching our lull in attack since December I'd love Fekir or a Fekir type of Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

As disappointing as the Fekir deal turned out. Liverpool pay good money to people who determine whether the likes of Fekir are worth investing in. They decided he wasn’t.

It’s best to trust that judgement and move on with your lives. Onto the next target in the summer

Never seen that written anywhere before and having knowledge that you have and who was involved in the medical and the reasons he wasn’t signed is pretty much ITK.

Flyer29 wrote: »
    As disappointing as the Fekir deal turned out. Liverpool pay good money to people who determine whether the likes of Fekir are worth investing in. They decided he wasn’t.

It’s best to trust that judgement and move on with your lives. Onto the next target in the summer

Yes but medical staff make mistakes also, nobody knows how an injury will heal or if it will get worse.

Look at arsenal signing Kallstrom medical staff passed him fit

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Yes but medical staff make mistakes also, nobody knows how an injury will heal or if it will get worse.

Look at arsenal signing Kallstrom medical staff passed him fit

True but there’s taking a punt on somebody and then there’s taking a £60 million punt on somebody.

It just doesn’t make sense. The nature of the injury is just too dodgy. It’s not like he’ll spend a week or two out every now and then. If he blows out his knee he’s out for the bones of a year.

Trust me I was as gutted as you were when it fell through but just think it’s dead in the water unfortunately unless Lyon slash the price dramatically which is highly unlikely

Flyer29 wrote: »
    True but there’s taking a punt on somebody and then there’s taking a £60 million punt on somebody.

It just doesn’t make sense. The nature of the injury is just too dodgy. It’s not like he’ll spend a week or two out every now and then. If he blows out his knee he’s out for the bones of a year.

Trust me I was as gutted as you were when it fell through but just think it’s dead in the water unfortunately unless Lyon slash the price dramatically which is highly unlikely

Ah I agree mate. I'd just love us to go back in for myself hahaha not for the club. I watch him the last few months and think what if.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

James Rodriguez?

James Rodriguez?

There's talk alright, I heard there's apparently some agreement with Roma for Cengiz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So a nights sleep has calmed me down a bit.

My biggest concern now is our current performance dip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

we really haven't played well all season except in spurts, the defence has been fantastic and we've rode our luck at times. Still we're in the mix.

Saw a gif on Reddit of Klopp and Ole hugging after the game and Klopp saying "f***ng hell what a s**t game" Whether it's a good point or a lost opportunity, time will tell.

Well I sobered up and that result and performance given the problems United had was disgraceful. League title on the line here, bar van dijk and alisson no one seemed confident in themselves.

You can't blame too many games as we've had more holidays than most squads since start of the year. We look awful since wolves dumped us out of the fa cup.

Watford at home Wednesday night another tough game who are going to sit deep and we'll be asked to break them down, I hope we have answers.

City would of tore apart that average United side yesterday.

So so disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

gimli2112 wrote: »
    we really haven't played well all season except in spurts, the defence has been fantastic and we've rode our luck at times. Still we're in the mix.

Saw a gif on Reddit of Klopp and Ole hugging after the game and Klopp saying "f***ng hell what a s**t game" Whether it's a good point or a lost opportunity, time will tell.

I really don't like this narrative at all.

We're top of the table through hard work and good play not just from riding our luck.

We're on 66 points with 11 games to go. Last season we got 75 points after the entire season.

We're averaging 2.44 points per game which equates to 92 points over the season which would be a record points tally for us.

People seem to expect us to blow teams away in every game but it can't be like that.

Last season we did that which satisfies many but we lost and drew more games.

This season we're much much better and the league is in our own hands now which is a great position to be in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

You are given an opportunity to go back in time to July 2018, and tell yourself that with 11 games to go Liverpool are top of the league by a point, but that you are despondent about the situation because of how Liverpool have been playing of late.

What does July 2018 you say to future you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I still fancy Liverpool to win it, three very winnable games next. Chin up, not a bad result

Man City’s are actually easier

:confused: We were excellent first half of the season.
    Saw a gif on Reddit of Klopp and Ole hugging after the game and Klopp saying "f***ng hell what a s**t game"

That's pretty funny:pac:

• Advertisement

I hope this morning in Melwood will see Klopp address the issues of the inconsistency of the front 3 as of late (You couldn't stop us scoring first half of the season) address the issue of by passing the midfield removing any build up play, I hate saying it but we'd of had when Phil was still here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I hope this morning in Melwood will see Klopp address the issues of the inconsistency of the front 3 as of late (You couldn't stop us scoring first half of the season) address the issue of by passing the midfield removing any build up play, I hate saying it but we'd of had when Phil was still here.

The problem is the front 3 are undroppable. Any team we play against knows this, predictably could be our downfall this season. As much as I’d love to still have Couthinho we would never have gotten VVD without selling him, and I’d rather have VVD over any player.

Absolutely rubbish we were the best team in England until the city game. Leading up to that in 4 games bearing wolves United arsenal and Newcastle we scored 14 conceeding 2.

Please don't come here talking nonsense

The problem is the front 3 are undroppable. Any team we play against knows this, predictably could be our downfall this season. As much as I’d love to still have Couthinho we would never have gotten VVD without selling him, and I’d rather have VVD over any player.

Completely agree about Virgil, but the problem is we aren't has beens anymore 5 years ago we were a side who done it years ago but just couldn't quite get it done now. We are the team in England now, clubs hated playing us cause they knew we were gonna put 3 4 5 past them with Virgil our back line was solid again. THEN for whatever reason we played city and lost and it has been chase our tails since dropping silly points.

All you need to do is look at United fans crowing about how we are bottling it, bottling it my bollo× we have lost form as can happen in football, they are delighted at home getting a draw off us. That was unheard of before the last 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

spockety wrote: »
    You are given an opportunity to go back in time to July 2018, and tell yourself that with 11 games to go Liverpool are top of the league by a point, but that you are despondent about the situation because of how Liverpool have been playing of late.

What does July 2018 you say to future you?

Stop eating so many Big Macs?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement