Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hopefully the crowd are well up for it on Wednesday night and the atmosphere is electric like against Munich and push the players on into form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Time for players to stand up and take this league by the scruff.

Found it interesting in yesterday's post match conference how Klopp said that the players want to win and know what's going on.

So I'm sure they'll reflect on yesterday, look at the fixtures and go for it.

We have a great chance of winning this league and City are not going to give it to us, we have to go out and win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

5starpool wrote:
    Hindsight is a great thing, but I think leaving Keita and Alexander-Arnold out yesterday was a mistake.

As I said here yesterday he stuck with Keita when he was searching for form & dropped him when he looked better in the last 2 games.
    Most people were criticising Milners performance in the first half, saying to sub him for Trent & even got booked despite doing little defensively. Same with the Sturridge sub which left me confused. Klopp gets it right most weeks and wrong in others, yesterday it was the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Klopp doesn't deployed subs to great effect - if something happens when one comes on it feels like just an individual moment rather than anything game changing through tactical tweaking. Even when he did make such a change as with Fabinho at HT v City it was merely the right idea 45 minutes too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Klopp doesn't deployed subs to great effect - if something happens when one comes on it feels like just an individual moment rather than anything game changing through tactical tweaking. Even when he did make such a change as with Fabinho at HT v City it was merely the right idea 45 minutes too late.

Shaq vs utd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6742467/Souness-loses-cool-air-Sky-Sports-host-David-Jones-Liverpools-draw-Man-United.html

Despite his misadventures as manager I've always had a soft spot for Souness. Thought this was funny, nearly kicked off in the sky sports studio apparently.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6742467/Souness-loses-cool-air-Sky-Sports-host-David-Jones-Liverpools-draw-Man-United.html

Despite his misadventures as manager I've always had a soft spot for Souness. Thought this was funny, nearly kicked off in the sky sports studio apparently.

Found it very funny myself. He takes absolute no ****e whatsoever does Souness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Top of the league with 11 games to go and the advantage going into the second leg of the last 16 of the Champions League if you can't enjoy this maybe football's not for you.

0-0 going to an away fixture isn't an advantage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

0-0 going to an away fixture isn't an advantage.

In regards that if it's a score draw we go through we have more outs per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Watford should be easy it's not like they absolutely murdered their last opponents.
    Nothing is looking easy on paper at the moment.

I wouldn't be overly scared of Watford. Did win easily last time out, but against Cardiff so not exactly the biggest threat at the moment. At home should be looking to win against Watford though it wont be easy.

With Watford, Everton, Burnley and Fulham should be looking at getting closest to maximum points as possible. Dropping points only adds pressure when the Spurs and Chelsea games come around.

Pool haven't been great of late but the key thing is they've still be getting results or at least walking away with points. At this point need to keep that going and remain ahead or level with City when there are 5 left.

Then City will have to face Spurs and United with the pressure of chasing for the title on them.

Nothing is ever easy in football but on paper there is a big chance here, and it's reallly in Pools control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

Has Shaq been ill or injured lately or just out of favour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Thud wrote: »

Has made no impact when called upon of late. Comes on the pitch and makes no difference whatsoever, it's very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Thud wrote:

Think klopp said he didn't play v Munich because he had been injured and was missing training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

That love test thing they do every year will be interesting Fred and brinty will have more posts liked on the Liverpool thread than the United one

Souness is a legend. Takes no ****.

That love test thing they do every year will be interesting Fred will have more posts liked on the Liverpool thread than the United one

Was just noticing he likes a lot of posts here. If that's not an obsession I don't know what is. His club is in ruins, and a golden spell for them and the Messiah has returned.

That love test thing they do every year will be interesting Fred will have more posts liked on the Liverpool thread than the United one

Was just noticing he likes a lot of posts here. If that's not an obsession I don't know what is. His club is in ruins, and a golden spell for them and the Messiah has returned.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Has made no impact when called upon of late. Comes on the pitch and makes no difference whatsoever, it's very strange.

He probably needs a run of games. An impact sub is not going to be an impact sub unless they have some sharpness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Salah's never scored against Utd but what's remarkable is he's scored against every other premier league side ( I haven't fact checked this so I really hope it's true)

Couldn't believe how bad he was yesterday. Couldn't even control the ball. It was bouncing off his shins. Summed up in the first half he found himself running clear down the right with only the very slow Juan Mata in front of him to beat and he pretty much ran right into him and Mata dispossessed him.

That said Mane was no better. Couldn't pass to a team mate to save his life yesterday. 3 or 4 times in the last 15 minutes of the game he got in good positions and each time he either over hit or under hit a fairly simple pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I’d expect Henderson to be dropped for the Watford game and now Id expect it more so after he refused to shake Klopp’s hand after being subbed yesterday.

So a midfield a midfield 3 of Fab, Gini & Keita to start.

• Advertisement

Couldn't believe how bad he was yesterday. Couldn't even control the ball. It was bouncing off his shins. Summed up in the first half he found himself running clear down the right with only the very slow Juan Mata in front of him to beat and he pretty much ran right into him and Mata dispossessed him.

That said Mane was no better. Couldn't pass to a team mate to save his life yesterday. 3 or 4 times in the last 15 minutes of the game he got in good positions and each time he either over hit or under hit a fairly simple pass.

It drives me bananas when players fail to execute the simple stuff. I always thought it was one of Roy Keane's strengths. It looked very like that on Tuesday against BM, really poor passing and ball control.

Henderson needs to go else where, not sure anyone would want him though, none of the big clubs would that's for sure. He's not good enough yet he's captain. Would drive a man mad with the things he doesn't do on the pitch, simply passes he fails to make or even see. Then once in a blue moon he'd make a brilliant pass that leads to a goal, once a season though, not enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

I’d expect Henderson to be dropped for the Watford game and now Id expect it more so after he refused to shake Klopp’s hand after being subbed yesterday.

So a midfield a midfield 3 of Fab, Gini & Keita to start.

Hasn't been much mention of that incident, not very captain like to be reacting in such a manner.

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Hasn't been much mention of that incident, not very captain like to be reacting in such a manner.

If what happened in the Chelsea game didn’t happen I’d say this would have been the big story.

Kepa is the bigger story about disrespecting a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Man City’s are actually easier

Did I say Man Citys were easier??? No, Liverpools games are still very winnable.

Every title challenging team goes through a dip in form.

Man City are also contesting the FA cup, not an easy thing to do trying to win the quadruple with the champions league being the most important of the lot.

Show a bit of backbone & character, fans like you talk their teams out of the title race.

Sarri getting the sympathy vote as a result of the weekend should ensure ye win all your games now after today with the exception of spurs & ye are playing them in April. Do this and the title will be yours.

City still have to go to old trafford and will likely have the additional focus of fighting it out in the latter stages of the FA cup & champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

In my frustration yesterday I forgot to throw my two cents on on what an excellent save it was by Allison to keep out Lingard.

No way do Mig or Karius make that save.

Henderson needs to go else where, not sure anyone would want him though, none of the big clubs would that's for sure. He's not good enough yet he's captain. Would drive a man mad with the things he doesn't do on the pitch, simply passes he fails to make or even see. Then once in a blue moon he'd make a brilliant pass that leads to a goal, once a season though, not enough.

He was good yesterday and excellent against Munich.

You've an awful agenda against him.

Its blinding you.

Henderson gave Pogba nothing. Had him in his pocket. Withdrawn for tactical reasons.

Our front 3 were very poor. That's what killed us. They were getting possession but all of them had off days.

Top of the league with 11 games to go and the advantage going into the second leg of the last 16 of the Champions League if you can't enjoy this maybe football's not for you.

I have to take issue with this advantage line as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Henderson shouldn't have been taken off.

I thought Gini was poor yesterday.

Alisson,Van Dijk,Matip & Fabinho all played well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

noodler wrote: »
    In my frustration yesterday I forgot to throw my two cents on on what an excellent save it was by Allison to keep out Lingard.

No way do Mig or Karius make that save.

There was also a super reaction stop from a header. I can't remember if it was one of the ones that was flagged offside or not but I remember thinking how glad I was that it was Alisson standing there and not Mignolet or Karius.

There was a mention on here last night about how we're missing a player like Fekir and that it's a shame that the move didn't work out but I think the net gain of having spent that cash on Alisson instead is pretty significant. Hard to see us having signed both so god knows how the defence would be shaping up this season if Fekir had come in and Migs/Karius had been in goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Couldn't believe how bad he was yesterday. Couldn't even control the ball. It was bouncing off his shins..... That said Mane was no better.

Don't look up the stats of our front 3's goals compared to the same amount of games last season as I seen one earlier that was sobering.
    Show a bit of backbone & character, fans like you talk their teams out of the title race.

The team needs to show that not an internet randomer. Up to the team now to show they mean business on Wednesday night. No passing around at the back & playing balls in behind or out wide for an overhit cross to nobody.

MD1990 wrote: »

I thought Gini was ok, simular to Henderson in terms of his overall performance.

Fabinho was excellent.

Agree with the rest,

noodler wrote: »
    He was good yesterday and excellent against Munich.

You've an awful agenda against him.

Its blinding you.

Hard to see past the simply things he fails to do.

Milner in left back position plays ball to Henderson, the guy is in oceans of space to turn and play ball out to the right, that was Milners thinking in passing the ball to Henderson, but Henderson passes it straight back to Milner. Milner then clearly with a WTF look on his face bypasses Henderson and passes it over to the right side himself. It's just very very annoying how the simply tasks are forever too difficult for him to do or maybe see.

I'm impressed you picked up on Milner's incredulity in that brief passage of play Toby. Telling it like it is as ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MD1990 wrote: »

I thought Matip was poor, his constant long balls that found Utd players all the time drove me mad. Also was lucky that the own goal was off-side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Klopp should have subbed the sub yesterday, cos sturridge did the square root of f*ck all when he came on.

They were there for the talking yesterday. Such a shame we couldn't put them away. Thought we were due an ol scrappy 90th minute winner against them...god knows they've had a few against us in the past!!!

Still, a point ahead and it all in our hands. But its the Leicester game now that's standing out like a sore thumb, when you see Palace putting five past them. One up after two mins - How did we not manage to kick on in that game?

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Klopp should have subbed the sub yesterday, cos sturridge did the square root of f*ck all when he came on.

They were there for the talking yesterday. Such a shame we couldn't put them away. Thought we were due an ol scrappy 90th minute winner against them...god knows they've had a few against us in the past!!!

Still, a point ahead and it all in our hands. But its the Leicester game now that's standing out like a sore thumb, when you see Palace putting five past them. One up after two mins - How did we not manage to kick on in that game?

Sturridge done okay in regard to passing and trying to build play, but no one was capable of feeding him.

Sturridge done okay in regard to passing and trying to build play, but no one was capable of feeding him.

Really? When did you note he stood out in building play. I seen him waste opportunity to build by shooting from 40 yards

Hard to see past the simply things he fails to do.

Milner in left back position plays ball to Henderson, the guy is in oceans of space to turn and play ball out to the right, that was Milners thinking in passing the ball to Henderson, but Henderson passes it straight back to Milner. Milner then clearly with a WTF look on his face bypasses Henderson and passes it over to the right side himself. It's just very very annoying how the simply tasks are forever too difficult for him to do or maybe see.

Can't believe I'm reading complaints about Henderson, he was excellent against Munich and did well yesterday (shouldn't have been taken off). You are watching different matches if you are faulting him.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Can't believe I'm reading complaints about Henderson, he was excellent against Munich and did well yesterday (shouldn't have been taken off). You are watching different matches if you are faulting him.

Toby is a special case, and nothing he says should be taken seriously.

Fab, VVD, Matip & Alisson are the only players that played at a proper level.

Milner & Robbo were disappointing by there normal standards.

Any of Mane, Sturridge, Salah, Mane & Henderson could have been taken off yesterday.

It was Henderson who was taken off and for the club captain not to shake the managers hand was wrong.

Klopp was right to grab hold of him and tell him so.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Martin Atkinson the ref for the derby on Sunday.

He's also said Sturridge wasn't too bad. Let it slide

Fabinho is a real gem of a player. I still feel the club is missing that true playmaker in the middle of the park to play beside him. Would love to see the likes of a Ruben Neves signed to help control the tempo of a game.

ricero wrote: »
    Fabinho is a real gem of a player. I still feel the club is missing that true playmaker in the middle of the park to play beside him. Would love to see the likes of a Ruben Neves signed to help control the tempo of a game.

Apparently we have an option on Cengiz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

ERG89 wrote: »
    Don't look up the stats of our front 3's goals compared to the same amount of games last season as I seen one earlier that was sobering.

The team needs to show that not an internet randomer. Up to the team now to show they mean business on Wednesday night. No passing around at the back & playing balls in behind or out wide for an overhit cross to nobody.

Obviously, but we are on an internet forum where the vast majority of us are randomers, hence why you will get the opinions of randomers. Leave the tactics to the manager, I'm sure he has a better idea than you or internet randomers

I wouldn't mind seeing a 4 2 3 1 if Fun Bobby is out for the next few games.

I'd also like to see Mane & Salah swap sides.

Alisson

TAA
    Matip
    VVD
    Robbo

Gini
    Fab

Mane
    Keita
    Salah

Origi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

ERG89 wrote: »

It is also on the fans to show there support from the off and not be nervous silence

I wouldn't mind seeing a 4 2 3 1 if Fun Bobby is out for the next few games.

I'd also like to see Mane & Salah swap sides.

Alisson

TAA
    Matip
    VVD
    Robbo

Gini
    Fab

Mane
    Keita
    Salah

Origi

I'd rather Shaq in behind a straight 2 up top. It would be utilise his ability to pick a pass and allow him come deep.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement