Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Obviously, but we are on an internet forum where the vast majority of us are randomers, hence why you will get the opinions of randomers. Leave the tactics to the manager, I'm sure he has a better idea than you or internet randomers

But fans attitude won't dictate the performances now, the team have to play much better.
    Apparently we have an option on Cengiz

Not a central midfielder or particularly creative either. We're desperate for cover out wide though. Team needs options in the final third as Origi & Sturridge aren't that.
    Need to play someone like a Keita more as 3 from Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum lack creativity. Shaqiri hasn't played well in 2019 & is an option in there too; I'm ignoring Lallana for obvious reasons and Chamberlain as he's out injured.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

ERG89 wrote: »
    But fans attitude won't dictate the performances now, the team have to play much better.

Not a central midfielder or particularly creative either. We're desperate for cover out wide though. Team needs options in the final third as Origi & Sturridge aren't that.
    Need to play someone like a Keita more as 3 from Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum lack creativity. Shaqiri hasn't played well in 2019 & is an option in there too; I'm ignoring Lallana for obvious reasons and Chamberlain as he's out injured.

He is outside right but operates across the line and he is very creative he's very very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Should be looking at Sancho or Depay for cover/rotation with Mane and Salah.

Should be looking at Sancho or Depay for cover/rotation with Mane and Salah.

Sancho will go to United. Depay not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Did I say Man Citys were easier??? No, Liverpools games are still very winnable.

Every title challenging team goes through a dip in form.

Man City are also contesting the FA cup, not an easy thing to do trying to win the quadruple with the champions league being the most important of the lot.

Show a bit of backbone & character, fans like you talk their teams out of the title race.

Sarri getting the sympathy vote as a result of the weekend should ensure ye win all your games now after today with the exception of spurs & ye are playing them in April. Do this and the title will be yours.

City still have to go to old trafford and will likely have the additional focus of fighting it out in the latter stages of the FA cup & champions league.

Utter nonsense re: talking your team out of a title race. As if a post on boards has impact on the actual team whatsoever. At this point some of the delusion with regard to dip in form is mind boggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We are not getting Sancho.

He would cost over 100 million.

A fast forward in the 30-50m range.
    Werner or a cheaper option like Gray from Leicester.

Sancho will go to United. Depay not good enough.

Definitely good enough as a squad option, the only of our attacking backups you could argue is better is Shaqiri.

Definitely good enough as a squad option, the only of our attacking backups you could argue is better is Shaqiri.

He was absolutely ****e with United and shone in the farmers league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah has 6 goals in 3 games against Watford so lets hope he has his shooting boots back on on Wednesday.

Danny Murphy thinks we should resign Coutinho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I would happily resign Coutinho on a italianesque 2 year loan deal

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He has an abundance of talent. There were moments when you'd think, oh, I get it. He has a horrible attitude however, and he can be lazy. He'd be a risk either way.

Moussa Dembele might have been a half decent option at the start of the season. Probably could have offloaded Sturridge to Brendan too in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

gstack166 wrote: »
    Sure you know I’ve a season ticket, you’ve stalked me on Facebook you weirdo, & stalking me on this too, commenting after every post.

I'll tell you something, I could really do with a curry chips & quarter pounder to digest this. Crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sturridge done okay in regard to passing and trying to build play, but no one was capable of feeding him.

That's bull

He did **** all compared to Mané and mane is getting roasted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Any update on Firminos injury yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

He is at 50% on fantasy football which I means he’ll be out for 1-3 games

• Advertisement

Go back a few pages this morning I updated. Liverpool aren't releasing his injury till morning presser. He is out for Watford depending on flare up could be worse

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

noodler wrote: »
    That's bull

He did **** all compared to Mannd mane is getting roasted

Unfortunately most people didn't expect any more from Sturridge than we ended up getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That's bull

He did **** all compared to Mannd mane is getting roasted

Could have had Messi up front yesterday and still nothing would have reached him, it all broke down before we ever created a chance. We failed to breach their back line, we had one shot on target, pretty sure it was Sturridges shot. He's no Firmino, he's a chance take, but he never had a chance to take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hard to see past the simply things he fails to do.

Milner in left back position plays ball to Henderson, the guy is in oceans of space to turn and play ball out to the right, that was Milners thinking in passing the ball to Henderson, but Henderson passes it straight back to Milner. Milner then clearly with a WTF look on his face bypasses Henderson and passes it over to the right side himself. It's just very very annoying how the simply tasks are forever too difficult for him to do or maybe see.

Or, alternatively, it's a very basic pattern of play where you pass to midfield in order to draw attention on the midfielder, who immediately passes it back with space now open behind from the opposition being drawn to the first pass, so the first player can now play the ball into a more dangerous area with less resistance.

Not saying these things all occurred in that passage, but it's a pretty basic tactic that plays out loads of times in every game that people do instinctively at this stage. You always see strikers doing the same thing to buy themselves space in behind all the time - get passed to, pass it straight back, expect that someone has closed in behind you, so you immediately turn and go, and hope for the quick pass back again.

it's true that Hendo doesn't deviate from the playbook too much, he does exactly what Klopp has instructed him to do, maintains possession, and uses his movement to open space for others to work in. And Klopp generally loves him for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

That's bull

He did **** all compared to Mané and mane is getting roasted

In the last 24 hpurs its been 60% sturridge, 20%salah,20% mané, mane is certaily not getting roasted

• Advertisement

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-robertson-says-its-time-15886243

“Manchester United is one of the toughest challenges you’ll face, especially away, in a season, and we’ve come through that with a point and that’s fine.

“We’ve got big tests coming up, Watford just beat Cardiff 5-1 so that’s not going to be an easy game, and then obviously we’ve got the derby.

“It’s a big week so we need to recover now and then look forward to Wednesday and hopefully we can be a bit more clinical with the last pass.”

189513935-Action-Images-via-Reuters-Premier-League-Manchester-Un.jpgFamilyGuy-Hurtknee-640x290.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He was very young though... look how Zaha developed after leaving Utd, or Salah after leaving Chelsea.

He may or may not do as well if he returned to the league, but its always a dangerous game to be writing off players because of form in a new country at 22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The Brodge is heading back to the premier league, look forward to seen him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Leicester I guess, potentially a good move for him. They have been firing managers quite regularly recently but who hasn't? Interesting to see how he deals with the senior players he seemed to get on ok with ours.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Leicester I guess, potentially a good move for him. They have been firing managers quite regularly recently but who hasn't? Interesting to see how he deals with the senior players he seemed to get on ok with ours.

Think it's a great job for him, the best you could get outside the top 6 and he ain't getting one of those jobs for now.
    Nice squad there with a bit of money to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wonder who’ll make it into the coveted three envelopes? My money’s on Schmeichel, Vardy and that lad with the giant afro.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Wonder who’ll make it into the coveted three envelopes? My money’s on Schmeichel, Vardy and that lad with the giant afro.

Steady

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Man City v Leicester City is the 2nd last game of the season...

Agent Rafa and Agent Roy have done their part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

rob316 wrote: »
    Steady

I like Rodgers, but that documentary is fair game for taking the piss out of tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

martyos121 wrote: »
    I like Rodgers, but that documentary is fair game for taking the piss out of tbf.

That's the joke, Sterling said that to Rodgers.

1.30 today for the press conference, Watford and Bobby's injury on the agenda.

Hope he does well. Leicester probably a decent fit for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bild are reporting that Brandt's release clause is 25m, which is nuts. Kicker apparently reported similar yesterday, saying it was the only way they could get Brandt to extend his contract last year.

Klopp was in for him before, by all accounts, so interesting if the club goes back for him. I'd love for us to get him.

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fussball/bayer-leverkusen-darum-hat-julian-brandt-eine-schnaeppchen-klausel-60352770.bild.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

~Rebel~ wrote: »

it's true that Hendo doesn't deviate from the playbook too much, he does exactly what Klopp has instructed him to do, maintains possession, and uses his movement to open space for others to work in. And Klopp generally loves him for it.

Theres a huge amount to be said for that. Anyone who has coached other people at anything will attest to how annoying it is when you have an idea, tell them exactly what to do, they agree and then go do soemthing totally ****ing different.

Keita and TAA to start as Klopp rings in changes according to Pearce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

does anyone fancy going back to scoring **** loads of goals?

1-0 will do me!

But yeah, a billion nill works too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

11 1-0 wins would do me for league games between now and May 12th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Klopp...Fun Bobby looks good tomorrow might be a little to soon but a big chance for the derby.

Klopp...Fun Bobby looks good tomorrow might be a little to soon but a big chance for the derby.

Ah agent I said this yesterday hahah

Good stuff, rest him up for tomorrow and then unleash him on woodison.

£22m on Brandt would be a great bargain when you consider Sancho who has pretty much the same stats would cost £100m and Brandt has been doing it consistently for 5 seasons at this stage and he is only 22.

Keita ruled out of training due to illness and will be assessed before the game tomorrow to see if he is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

What the f*ck is going on with all the illnesses lately??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Hope he does well. Leicester probably a decent fit for him

It'll probably help that he's inheriting a fairly settled and solid defence.

Curb his wibblier impulses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    What the f*ck is going on with all the illnesses lately??

We're not bottling this title challenge. Clearly, we're ****ting it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Gbear wrote: »
    It'll probably help that he's inheriting a fairly settled and solid defence.

Curb his wibblier impulses.

He's actually got the basis of a very good squad there, once there's no major departures.

Schmeichel, Pereira, Maguire, Evans, Chilwell, Ndidi, Choudhury, Maddison, Barnes, Gray, Vardy and, potentially, Iheanacho is a good starting point. Add another good winger and maybe a bit of depth in one or two positions and they could easily be the best of the rest...

Big thing for him is to keep the big personalities happy. If Vardy and Schmeichel turn on him, it'd be very difficult to keep the fans and other players onside.

He's actually got the basis of a very good squad there, once there's no major departures.

Schmeichel, Pereira, Maguire, Evans, Chilwell, Ndidi, Choudhury, Maddison, Barnes, Gray, Vardy and, potentially, Iheanacho is a good starting point. Add another good winger and maybe a bit of depth in one or two positions and they could easily be the best of the rest...

Big thing for him is to keep the big personalities happy. If Vardy and Schmeichel turn on him, it'd be very difficult to keep the fans and other players onside.

I'd say he will probably look up the road and strip 1 or 2.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement