Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I'd say he will probably look up the road and strip 1 or 2.

Like he did with the club secretary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

L - Man City 2-1
    L - Wolves 2-1
    W - Brighton 1-0
    W - Crystal Palace 4-3
    D - Leicester - 1-1
    D - West Ham 1-1
    W - Bournemouth 3-0
    D - Bayern 0-0
    D - Manchester Utd 0-0

3 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses in last 9. We're very off form since the City game. We're struggling to score against half decent teams and really need the front 3 to step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Tusky wrote: »
    L - Man City 2-1
    L - Wolves 2-1
    W - Brighton 1-0
    W - Crystal Palace 4-3
    D - Leicester - 1-1
    D - West Ham 1-1
    W - Bournemouth 3-0
    D - Bayern 0-0
    D - Manchester Utd 0-0

3 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses in last 9. We're very off form since the City game. We're struggling to score against half decent teams and really need the front 3 to step up.

but look where we are after being off form. top. now if the form is switched on again. panzerblitzen time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

does anyone fancy going back to scoring **** loads of goals?

Yeah TBH I'm starting to feel a hankering for some kamikaze football.

I always thought that was Klopp's plan as the season wore on by conserving our energy in the first half of the season.

I'm delighted the lads are still top at this point with everything squared on games played but I don't think we're going to last much longer playing the way we are.

Yeah TBH I'm starting to feel a hankering for some kamikaze football.

actually, heres a stupid question. why cant we do the kamikaze now? i mean our defence is 10 times better than it was last year. we've got virgil, he could manage it on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

After game week 27 last season we were 3rd on 54 points and plus 30 goal difference.

This week after game week 27 we are 1st in 66 points with a plus 44 goal difference.

City were on 72 points and plus 59 last yer to 65 points plus 54 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

emo72 wrote: »
    but look where we are after being off form. top. now if the form is switched on again. panzerblitzen time.

If...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

givyjoe wrote: »
    If...

We've had rough patches every January/Feb under Klopp, before it switches back on again, so hopefully the same happens this year.

Yesterday Danny Murphy is saying Liverpool should resign Coutinho.

Today Danny Murphy say Coutinho would never be welcomed back at Liverpool.

He also say Salah would not be remotely interested in leaving Liverpool.

At one time I though he was quiet a good pundit now he is just looking more like a Garth Crooks spoofer.

givyjoe wrote: »
    If...

beeeeelieeeeeve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

At one time I though he was quiet a good pundit now he is just looking more like a Garth Crooks spoofer.

Dod you actually hear him say both? A lot of the time things can be taken out of context. The only pundits that arent spoofers are ones that dont give any opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Still better than Aldridge. Who is so clueless he probably said we should sign Messi when Firmino got injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    We've had rough patches every January/Feb under Klopp, before it switches back on again, so hopefully the same happens this year.

It's rather worrying that Klopp still hasn't got to grips with the workload of the English game in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

emo72 wrote: »
    beeeeelieeeeeve.

It's more hope than belief at this stage. That's a seriously worrying run of form. The results haven't been bad, but that's sticking your head in the sand if you ignore how badly they've played.

It's rather worrying that Klopp still hasn't got to grips with the workload of the English game in winter.

That busy winter period was our best form of the whole year though, right before the slump after. it seems to be the aftermath, when the momentum gets knocked by gaps that we struggle.

We played 8 games in December, winning all of them. The combined score in those 8 games was 23-3.

That Man City result in early January could also have hit their momentum and confidence more than we'd expected. Really were flying going into that, and maybe that missed opportunity to go 10 points ahead got into their heads a bit since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Watford only have 4 losses away from home, less than Chelsea and Arsenal and same as United. They also have a + 5 GD away from home, better than anyone outside the top 4.
    Don't assume we'll blow them away, no one has. They come here with one defeat since 10th of Dec in all competitions. They are also above us in for table by 3 places over last 5.

So an easy win ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He's rotated loads this season.

Apart from the front three and maybe no surprise that they seem to be the ones misfiring at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

If we were in for a 10, I'd take Maddison off B-rods hands before I'd have Phil back. He does one trick very well but he won't cover ground like we need.

That is part of the problem the other main issue is squad depth.

We have relied on Sturridge Origi and Lallana being the main back ups to the front line for the last two seasons.

I know we could overhaul the whole squad at once and the money was used very wisely buying VVD, Alisson, Fab, Shaq and Keita.

Those three need to be replaced this summer.

Brandt & Werner for a combined £60m would be great signings

Mane, Salah, Fun Bobby, Shaq and those two would be great to rotate across a number of systems during a season.

Along with a right back and left back squad players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

That is part of the problem the other main issue is squad depth.

We have relied on Sturridge Origi and Lallana being the main back ups to the front line for the last two seasons.

I know we could overhaul the whole squad at once and the money was used very wisely buying VVD, Alisson, Fab, Shaq and Keita.

Those three need to be replaced this summer.

Brandt & Werner for a combined £60m would be great signings

Mane, Salah, Fun Bobby, Shaq and those two would be great to rotate across a number of systems during a season.

Along with a right back and left back squad players.

Werner will cost over 40 alone. As for Brandt...he isnt consistant enough nor is he strong enough for the PL. Having watched him live a number of times this year he is a Lalana type player...when he is good he is great...but for every super game you get 5-6 average ones.

If Klopp is going to sign a player from Leverkusen then it would have to be Volland.....much better player

Werner will cost over 40 alone. As for Brandt...he isnt consistant enough nor is he strong enough for the PL. Having watched him live a number of times this year he is a Lalana type player...when he is good he is great...but for every super game you get 5-6 average ones.

If Klopp is going to sign a player from Leverkusen then it would have to be Volland.....much better player

For the £22m clause on Brandt it would be well worth the punt for him.

You won't lose anything on him if it doesn't work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If we were in for a 10, I'd take Maddison off B-rods hands before I'd have Phil back. He does one trick very well but he won't cover ground like we need.

Don't buy this tbh.

Feel like Phil fit the system grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I've been banging on about Volland ever since Firmino was signed, he'd be great. Like Werner he can play as a no 9 or wide, on the right.

We all know Sturridge and Lallana will get contract extensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm not making a case for it, but I really feel there were lots of 2-0 and 3-0 games etc where we could have brought on Sturridge but didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

No we don't, if they were it would be done already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

For the £22m clause on Brandt it would be well worth the punt for him.

You won't lose anything on him if it doesn't work out.

Ask Chelsea re Schurle, Madrid re Sahin, Munich re Goetze.......

Much better players in the Bundesliga that Klopp could get to do the same job. Klopp tried to get Kevin Volland when he was at Dortmund, a player who has been consistant and who had a good partnership at Hoffenheim with Firminio.

Alternatives could also be....Joelinton, Weston McKinnie, Jovic, Rebic, Maximilian Mittelstädt to name a few. All as good as or better than Brandt...

Ask Chelsea re Schurle, Madrid re Sahin, Munich re Goetze.......

Much better players in the Bundesliga that Klopp could get to do the same job. Klopp tried to get Kevin Volland when he was at Dortmund, a player who has been consistant and who had a good partnership at Hoffenheim with Firminio.

Alternatives could also be....Joelinton, Weston McKinnie, Jovic, Rebic, Maximilian Mittelstädt to name a few. All as good as or better than Brandt...

I agree with that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

We had and have too many experienced players who make the bench regularly who aren't good enough and just don't contribute consistently throughout the season. Clyne (when he was here), Moreno, Lallana, Sturridge and Origi. Dump this five (and they hopefully will be) and replace them with three/four players that will actually contribute and we're in great shape.

The Egyptian FA have now confirmed Salah won't be in the Egytian squad for the March Internationals.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm guessing Klopp sees Brewster as one of the options for next season, perhaps Wilson too, although I'd be more sceptical about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think you could get away with two Clyne type players on the bench to offer cover for the defence. Solid but unspectacular who could slot in and cover for a game or two every now and again.

Our attacking options are fairly sh!t though. I have a soft spot for Origi but he needs a run of games to bring out the best in him and he won't get that here, and you wouldn't feel overly confident if he was swapped in for one of the front three for a game or two. Lallana is done and is approaching Sturridge levels of injury. As for Sturridge himself, 'member Chelsea aside he hasn't contributed anything of note in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm guessing Klopp sees Brewster as one of the options for next season, perhaps Wilson too, although I'd be more sceptical about that.

I'm fine with Brewster being given a chance next year but for us to be looking to improve the front three options really needs to be

Firmino, Salah, Mane, New shiny big name player, Brewster

Wilson, I think we'll get a decent offer that will be hard to turn down and he'll be gone.

What is wrong with Wilson? He's 22 in few days, and clearly too good for the Championship. Can't believe he won't get a chance, we could do with a few of his epic winners of late. He changes a 0-0 into a victory.

Ox is at 70% training and Gomez is penciled in to return at the end of March in time for the Spurs game according to Pearce tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Ox and Gomez penciled in to return at the end of March in time for the Spurs game according to Pearce tonight.

First week of April.

First week of April.

What's the first week of April?

What's the first week of April?

Ah nothing it's me posts yesterday I'm not going searching them out

Ah nothing it's me posts yesterday I'm not going searching them out

Well go on since you seem to want to correct ever post I post.

Well go on since you seem to want to correct ever post I post.

Jesus your taking this **** very personal. But if you wanna know Ox and Gomez will be back 1st game in April.

• Advertisement

Jesus your taking this **** very personal. But if you wanna know Ox and Gomez will be back 1st game in August.

Well you seem to get the huff when I post using information Perace puts on his twitter feed.

Does his ITK out do your own ITK?

Well you seem to get the huff when I post using information Perace puts on his twitter feed.

Does his ITK out do your own ITK?

I'm not an ITK at all. I told u this when you said it the other night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Salah mane firmino brewster wilson new attacler

Hendo,keita,fab,milner,gini,ox shaq new cm

Robertson, new lb,vvd,gomez matip,lovren,taa new rb/cb

I still think that attack looks weak especially with injuries.origi should be kept but klopp isnt too fond of him imo...

Jesus your taking this **** very personal. But if you wanna know Ox and Gomez will be back 1st game in April.

Links?

Thought it was Spurs game?

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Links?

Thought it was Spurs game?

Believe what you like. We will see first week of April if I'm wrong or nkt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭giveitholly

If Gomez was back for the spurs game its hard to see klopp throwing him straight back into the team

Massive game tomorrow, on paper it's only Watford, but dam they are having a great season. They have 22 goals away from home, we have 25. Outside the top 6 sides they are the best of the rest. Not an easy game at all.

Massive game tomorrow, on paper it's only Watford, but dam they are having a great season. They have 22 goals away from home, we have 25. Outside the top 6 sides they are the best of the rest. Not an easy game at all.

They are playing some great football.

This stat from Opta Joe say a lot about them at the moment.
    26 - Watford's 4th goal against Cardiff City (scored by Troy Deeney) ended a sequence of 26 uninterrupted passes; the longest sequence leading to a goal scored by a non "big six" team in the competition since September 2014. Brazil. #watfordfc

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1099223654276177922

Deulofeu and Deeney bang in form too. Really have to stop supply to them.

We're also playing after only 3 days, while they've had 5.

But even with all that said, we should really be winning this. And in a way, their attacking form should actually help us with having a bit of space to operate in ourselves.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Deulofeu and Deeney bang in form too. Really have to stop supply to them.

We're also playing after only 3 days, while they've had 5.

But even with all that said, we should really be winning this. And in a way, their attacking form should actually help us with having a bit of space to operate in ourselves.

I thought ''Watford'' easy 3 points, but after looking at their stats more closely it's not so easy. Hope you're right, we need this 3 points!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement