Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

I thought ''Watford'' easy 3 points, but after looking at their stats more closely it's not so easy. Hope you're right, we need this 3 points!

Definitely not 3 easy will be made to work for them and the forwards will need to be bang in form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It will be nice to have Ox back in April but unlikely we will get much of an impact, he will obviously be integrated back in very slowly, so he's more or less a write off for the season which is a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I thought ''Watford'' easy 3 points, but after looking at their stats more closely it's not so easy. Hope you're right, we need this 3 points!

3 points and a kick in the ass is what they need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was talking to a fellow Pool fan a week back about the chances of winning the league and we both agreed that to do it we would need to get 7 out of 9 points from the Utd, Chelsea & Spurs game and no less than two draws in all the others. I think with that draw at Old Trafford 6 points from Spurs and Chelsea is now essential. Spurs are going to be tough to beat, they were really impressive when they demolished Dortmund in that CL first leg.

Some quotes from Klopp.

Pressure or talking sense?
    Obviously a lot of Liverpool teams before us tried to be champion and it didn’t work out so it was always the manager or the team or other stuff like that.

There is always a moment when, if we are not 25 points ahead, a season gets tricky. Always. Leicester had that. Chelsea had it. Only City last year didn’t really have it. Winning 5-0 against us with 10 men [when Sadio Mané was sent off at 1-0] changed the season for them. Apart from that it always happens.
    One generation has to break through, to make it happen, and then for the rest it will be easier. It would be nice if we could be that. The development of this team is unbelievable. Not that I praise myself or whatever, but it is unbelievable. We played three finals. I know in the world outside it looks like finals are nice, all perfect, then you don’t win and nobody thinks about it, but I don’t know a lot of teams that have been in three finals in the last three years. We improve constantly in the table.

We are in a good moment. I cannot help if you don’t see it. We know about our responsibility and we go for it with all we have. This is not our last chance – that’s a very important thing. This is our first chance. There’s a massive difference. With the first chance, you jump in, then see if it works out. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. This will not be our last chance, 100% not

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/26/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-premier-league-title-race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Talking sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

So nice belly rub for West Ham tonight yeah?

Big Andy to come off the bench to smash them or injure himself.

Gone are the days where you could trust players like Joey Barton to do a job on City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Forgot pellers is the manager there, roll over for city

• Advertisement

Munich have agreed terms Werner but not RB is being reported in Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was talking to a fellow Pool fan a week back about the chances of winning the league and we both agreed that to do it we would need to get 7 out of 9 points from the Utd, Chelsea & Spurs game and no less than two draws in all the others. I think with that draw at Old Trafford 6 points from Spurs and Chelsea is now essential. Spurs are going to be tough to beat, they were really impressive when they demolished Dortmund in that CL first leg.

Why are you saying we can have no less than 2 draws (I presume you me no more than) in the other games but need 6 v Chelsea and Spurs?

If we draw v Chelsea and Spurs and win all the rest it's the same amount of points. Doesn't matter who we get them against

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Gone are the days where you could trust players like Joey Barton to do a job on City.

By do a job you mean get sent off for kneeing a player in the hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

It will be nice to have Ox back in April but unlikely we will get much of an impact, he will obviously be integrated back in very slowly, so he's more or less a write off for the season which is a shame.

I've said it before, people need to be prepared that Ox will simply not be the same player he was before the injury. You can't assume that he will be the same, unfortunately.

While injuries like that may not be the official career-ender of 40 years ago in that the player can still play and be available for selection they may not be as good as they were.

I think we should treat Ox coming back 100% as a bonus rather than a given.

I haven't followed Seamus Coleman too closely lately but it seems like he hasn't recaptured his form since his leg break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

What is wrong with Wilson? He's 22 in few days, and clearly too good for the Championship. Can't believe he won't get a chance, we could do with a few of his epic winners of late. He changes a 0-0 into a victory.

I think he deserves a chance, we need someone who can shoot from range however someone may disagree..
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=268716&sort=best&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2Awilson%2A&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

If West Ham are up for it, that's a tricky game for city after a tough extra time game on Sunday - + the couple of injuries. City should still have enough for them but it depends what West Ham show up.

Similarly, Watford will be equally tough if Liverpool maintain current form.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Muahahaha wrote: »

No harm in speculating obviously, but that's all it is. We could win all our games except one and still not win the league. We could lose 3 games and still win the league (unlikely though it is). All they can do is try to win each game. Speculating about games weeks away makes no odds at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭giveitholly

More worried about us dropping points tonight than thinking/hoping west ham can take points off city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I wish Cardiff would stop playing teams before us and giving them an enormous boost of confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Big Andy to come off the bench to smash them or injure himself.

Big Andy to smash himself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I wish Cardiff would stop playing teams before us and giving them an enormous boost of confidence.

Nah i see it as a good thing. they needed that win for their league position so not as important againt us now..... not that they wont be up for it of course.

Anyway, **** city and their matches. Beat Watford tonight is all that matters. An early goal could do wonders for us.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

gafferino wrote: »
    Nah i see it as a good thing. they needed that win for their league position so not as important againt us now..... not that they wont be up for it of course.

Anyway, **** city and their matches. Beat Watford tonight is all that matters. An early goal could do wonders for us.

We need to go 2 up before I will start to relax.

5starpool wrote: »

2-0..... the most dangerous scoreline in football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

5starpool wrote: »

4-0 for me. Only once ever has a PL team failed to win after being 4-0 up - Arsenal v Newcastle, Cheik Tiote wonder goal to equalise.

Given that we've only taken about 3 shots in the last month, though, I'm not necessarily expecting to go 4-0 up at any stage!!

If they're fit, I'd be rotating the side a bit to include Shaqiri, Keita and Trent. Maybe start Origi in the front 3 too and either Fab or Hendo as the sole DM.

I wouldn't underestimate Watford - they're a good side, as capable as Wolves or Leicester of beating the sides above them - but we need to give ourselves a jolt too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

More worried about us dropping points tonight than thinking/hoping west ham can take points off city

True, we are 12 pts from the last 21 (our 7 PL 2019 matches) heading into this, that's not even top4 form.

Knex. wrote: »

They'll pick up Brandt too, wasting your time even trying to get german nationals out of that league.

ERG89 wrote: »
    By do a job you mean get sent off for kneeing a player in the hole.

I'll have you know that was a Barton master plan to take a few City players down with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would be hopeful Brewster can step up.

He was a vital player in the England u17s squad containing Foden,Hudson Odoi,Gibbs Whyte & Sancho was previously a part of the squad too.

They are producing some of the best young players atm.

Wouldn't surprise me if we promote some of younger players & maybe just get some cheaper signings his summer.

A big win to kick start the season would be great ... Where's that boll-ox Gomez at? - Has the Ox played u23s or anything yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

4-0 for me. Only once ever has a PL team failed to win after being 4-0 up - Arsenal v Newcastle, Cheik Tiote wonder goal to equalise.

Given that we've only taken about 3 shots in the last month, though, I'm not necessarily expecting to go 4-0 up at any stage!!

If they're fit, I'd be rotating the side a bit to include Shaqiri, Keita and Trent. Maybe start Origi in the front 3 too and either Fab or Hendo as the sole DM.

I wouldn't underestimate Watford - they're a good side, as capable as Wolves or Leicester of beating the sides above them - but we need to give ourselves a jolt too.

Even if we go 4-0 up to watford you know they always have a goal or two in them to come back at us making it squeeky bum time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MD1990 wrote: »
    I would be hopeful Brewster can step up.

He was a vital player in the England u17s squad containing Foden,Hudson Odoi,Gibbs Whyte & Sancho was previously a part of the squad too.

They are producing some of the best young players atm.

Wouldn't surprise me if we promote some of younger players & maybe just get some cheaper signings his summer.

I think there's space in the squad next season for Adam Lewis, Ki-Jana Hoever, Curtis Jones and Rhian Brewster.

Lewis could easily fill the gap Moreno has occupied this season - 4 appearances in all comps - but you'd hope that Robertson might be given a breather every so often next season to keep him fit and firing. The others could all be fringe squad players, provided we invest in another 2/3 players to play important rotation roles too.

Even if it is just Moreno, Sturridge and Mignolet to leave in the summer, the squad still needs work and bodies. We're just too thin in some positions at the moment. And if anyone else leaves on top of that, we could be very short.

Of the players we have out on loan, only Harry Wilson looks like he'd even be considered to be part of the squad so we can't rely on those guys to fill gaps either really. Maybe Grujic? I don't know how he's doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Catching up on MOTD highlights last night and very impressed with Nathan Ake for Bournemouth. With Gomez always injured, anyone else think he would be a good signing and partner for VVD?

Ardent wrote: »
    Catching up on MOTD highlights last night and very impressed with Nathan Ake for Bournemouth. With Gomez always injured, anyone else think he would be a good signing and partner for VVD?

Smashing young player, composed and can play the Liverpool way, ball at feet footballing CB like Virgil.

• Advertisement

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    A big win to kick start the season would be great ... Where's that boll-ox Gomez at? - Has the Ox played u23s or anything yet?

Kick start the season..... from top of the table :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ardent wrote: »

Isn't he a bit fond of the odd brainfart every now and again no?
    Would rather see Gomez back in there and get some back up to right back.

gimli2112 wrote: »

Everton obviously, who else? I'm drawing a blank and c.b.a to check.

gafferino wrote: »
    . An early goal could do wonders for us.
    It could alright but probably won't going by the West Ham and Leicester games recently

Nerdlingr wrote: »

Alisson is fond of odd brainfarts too but he's still held in very high regards round here.

Nerdlingr wrote: »

Every young player is while maturing sure Trent can do also. It's part of playing your trade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ardent wrote:

He'd cost 50/60 million and Chelsea probably have a buyback clause.

Yeah I like Ake for sure. I think we'll certainly be bringing in a new CB but I don't think we'll splash out on a first choice player. What we've missed this season is a Klavan-type backup so I could see us getting in someone on the cheap to rarely play but to be there for situations like we had v Bayern. Someone like Schindler from Huddersfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

sweetie wrote: »
    He'd cost 50/60 million

Probably worth it. Think he would fit our style perfectly - he's good on the ball and really quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Ake and Wan-Bissaka would be unreal backup for the RCB and RB spots

Kolo joins Rodgers at Leicester.

Ake and Wan-Bissaka would be unreal backup for the RCB and RB spots

Wan Bissaka would be more than backup. He's better than Trent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Everton obviously, who else? I'm drawing a blank and c.b.a to check.

Watford beat them 5-1 away last week, you should know this stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Are we on the telly tonight?

tinpib wrote: »
    I've said it before, people need to be prepared that Ox will simply not be the same player he was before the injury. You can't assume that he will be the same, unfortunately.

While injuries like that may not be the official career-ender of 40 years ago in that the player can still play and be available for selection they may not be as good as they were.

I think we should treat Ox coming back 100% as a bonus rather than a given.

I haven't followed Seamus Coleman too closely lately but it seems like he hasn't recaptured his form since his leg break.

Correct. It's unpredictable how well he recovers from the knee injury.
    Coleman broke his leg, bones heal as before, shredding muscle and connective tissue is far more serious.

No Chelsea vs Spurs is the game on the box tonight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement