Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Are we on the telly tonight?

No and just judging on the international sources streams won't be easy to come by tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Alisson is fond of odd brainfarts too but he's still held in very high regards round here.

And quite rightly. He's Brazil's no 1, keeping Ederson out of the team. Played in Italy with Roma, CL experience and has the most clean sheets in the league. He's one of the best keepers in the world and for a while the most expensive.
    At least compare like with like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Alisson is fond of odd brainfarts too but he's still held in very high regards round here.

Misplacing some passes does not mean he is fond of brain farts.

Alisson got us a point against Man Utd & Chelsea to name just two games.
    Very important against Burnley away too.

Kept us in the CL as well against Napoli.

Might be why he is held in high regard by Liverpool fans

Far better than Kepa who cost 10m more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

rob316 wrote: »
    No and just judging on the international sources streams won't be easy to come by tonight :(

SPORTS NETwork of Canada will be showing Liverpool V Watford

https://www.premierleague.com/broadcast-schedules

He a bit too cool for my liking with the ball at his feet but I've been really happy with him. People think he's going to be some super keeper due to the price, hes not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just marking the page

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

SPORTS NETwork of Canada will be showing Liverpool V Watford

https://www.premierleague.com/broadcast-schedules

My favorite Canadian network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Are we on the telly tonight?

NBC Sports Gold are showing it, if you have access to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

.red. wrote: »
    NBC Sports Gold are showing it, if you have access to it.

Harder to get than NBC Sports- which has the Chelsea game on.

Edit, Sportnet Ontario should have it, that's available from that other Mob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The blind optimism is kicking in again and I've convinced myself that West Ham are going to get a point tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

The blind optimism is kicking in again and I've convinced myself that West Ham are going to get a point tonight.

If they don't roll over its a possibility. I rather focus on us getting our side of the bargain done then worry about city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm hoping we take out Watford, but Watford do a number on City at weekend, gods knows their capable of it.
    Scary game tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MD1990 wrote: »
    Misplacing some passes does not mean he is fond of brain farts.

Alisson got us a point against Man Utd & Chelsea to name just two games.
    Very important against Burnley away too.

Kept us in the CL as well against Napoli.

Might be why he is held in high regard by Liverpool fans

Far better than Kepa who cost 10m more.

Some people will just keep pushing the agenda no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pity about Werner but as said above somewhere - German players in the national side are almost impossible to get really. Volland would do, I'm sure Bobby F would be happy to play along side him again (What's Modeste doing these days?!).

Pity about Werner but as said above somewhere - German players in the national side are almost impossible to get really. Volland would do, I'm sure Bobby F would be happy to play along side him again (What's Modeste doing these days?!).

With Koln not getting much of a turn out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sign Reus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I'm hoping we take out Watford, but Watford do a number on City at weekend, gods knows their capable of it.
    Scary game tonight.

Likely Watford will burst their boll*x to get a point tonight, and have nothing left in the tank for City at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Watford are not play Man City this weekend. City are away to Bournemouth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Have a feeling that tonight is make or break for us.

Hard to explain but I just feel that 3 points puts wind back in our sails ahead of the Derby.

Another crap performance and draw and it would take a big pick up.

Hopefully we click. Mane to make up for the weekend.

ricero wrote: »
    Watford are not play Man City this weekend. City are away to Bournemouth

If Watford want to join up with Bournemouth this weekend v City that's fine by me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Have a feeling that tonight is make or break for us.

Hard to explain but I just feel that 3 points puts wind back in our sails ahead of the Derby.

Another crap performance and draw and it would take a big pick up.

Hopefully we click. Mane to make up for the weekend.

3 days after that ****e on Sunday is a tall order for Klopp to get them in the zone tonight. Any of sort of win will do tonight .

I'd be more concerned with us playing well and getting the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

City wil put 3 past West Ham before half time. Pelegrini will go into the dressing room and tell them the game is beyond winning and they should start breaking legs for fun because of his hatred for City. Declan Rice jumps two footed at Aguero and breaks his leg. He's out for the rest of the season. Rice is banned permanently from football for life and never gets to play for England.

I can only hope....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm as guilty as anyone who has occasionally been a bit OTT in criticising the team recently. the problem I see is that there is a new norm, and it's Manchester City's fúcking fault.

I've said ad nauseum on here that Pep's Manchester City have set a new standard in terms of points accumulation targets for a league winning season. their ability to dispatch the majority of opponents is almost unparalleled. Even with the dip they have had this season, they're on course for north of 90 points. last season, as we all know, they scored 100 points.

what I do, possibly harshly, is transfer that standard onto this Liverpool team. i automatically expect them to hit a standard that basically no team has ever hit - bar maybe Chelsea in 2004/05 - just in terms of pure accumulation of points.

yes, there is a dip in form.
    yes, it's ok to criticise.
    yes, it's ok to be frustrated.
    yes, it's ok to always expect more.

but none of this will ever, and should ever, take away from what they're doing this season to keep up with this City juggernaut. the season was over by this stage last year.

it's a thrill to be involved in this race, and whether we win or not (and I'll be gutted if we don't), I'll be proud of what the team have done, because barring a collapse, our points total is probably going to be enough to win the Premier League 95% of the time.

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Have a feeling that tonight is make or break for us............

15 from 24 is respectable :)
    12/13 from 24 is much less so, IMO, for a team with title aspirations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

West Ham wont get anything from the game tonight, just have to focus on ourselves. Must win obviously, if we cant beat Watford at home at this stage of the season we can forget the league IMO. We need to be almost perfect in our run in and we have bigger tests than tonight to come.

Well I hope Origi starts ahead of Sturridge be that as a starter or sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I wouldn't be against another midfielder starting in place of Firmino. Shaq due a start. Couldn't be arsed trying to pick between Origi and Sturridge right now even though yes the former should start every day between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Any rumours on the team, Keita going to make it etc? I'd rather go with an extra midfielder than Sturridge or Origi. I wouldn't hate seeing the below

Alisson

TAA - Matip - VVD - Robertson

Fabinho - Henderson

Shaq - Keita (assuming he's fit) - Mane

Salah

Starts as a 4-2-3-1 but can also become a few different formations. Gini looked legged on Sunday and Milner needs flogging for his performance, read he put in 17 crosses! And I don't think one was decent. But I do have a sneaky feeling Lallana will pop up in the starting line especially if Keita misses out.

Hopefully not, as with Sturridge Lallana is like starting a man down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fromvert wrote: »
    Any rumours on the team, Keita going to make it etc? I'd rather go with an extra midfielder than Sturridge or Origi. I wouldn't hate seeing the below

Alisson

TAA - Matip - VVD - Robertson

Fabinho - Henderson

Shaq - Keita (assuming he's fit) - Mane

Salah

Starts as a 4-2-3-1 but can also become a few different formations. Gini looked legged on Sunday and Milner needs flogging for his performance, read he put in 17 crosses! And I don't think one was decent. But I do have a sneaky feeling Lallana will pop up in the starting line especially if Keita misses out.

I'd go

Allison
    TAA, Matip, VVD, Robbo
    Hendo/Gini, Fabby, Keita
    Salah, Origi, Mane

Then get Shaq on in the second half.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hopefully not, as with Sturridge Lallana is like starting a man down.

Oh I'm hoping he strained a hammy putting his socks on but he just seems to get a start every so often and I'm just screaming 'Why?'

Keita is fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭patsy sally

have a feeling theres going to be a big twist in one of the games in the race for the title tonight

have a feeling theres going to be a big twist in one of the games in the race for the title tonight

City and Liverpool both lose and Spurs win and are back in the title race again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool:

Alisson,
    Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson,
    Fabinho,
    Wijnaldum, Milner,
    Mane, Salah, Origi.

Subs: Mignolet, Keita, Henderson, Sturridge, Lallana, Shaqiri, Camacho.

Milner not Keita is just annoying.

Keita is fit

Not enough to start.

Alisson, TAA, Matip, VVD, Robertson, Fab, Gini, Milner, Salah, Mane, Origi

I don't like it, at least one of Shaq/Keita should be playing.

Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Milner; Salah, Origi, Mane.

https://twitter.com/iandoylesport/status/1100832983278325760

subs: Mignolet, Camacho, Henderson, Lallana, Keita, Shaqiri, Sturridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Taa is in and Origi is up front.

Kieta on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It's mad tbh.

Origi coming on for Firminho made far more sense on Sunday to me and arguably of you were gonna start Sturridge you'd do so tonight.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Not enough to start.

Alisson, TAA, Matip, VVD, Robertson, Fab, Gini, Milner, Salah, Mane, Origi

I don't like it, at least one of Shaq/Keita should be playing.

He trained yesterday deemed fit enough to be on the bench I'd expect to see him by 60 mins

Pure itk stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Well, I guess Origi gets some game time in his legs before a repeat performance against the Blues on Sunday. Be interesting to see how Fab, Gini and Millie do in terms of creativity to feed the front 3 - need to see more control and confidence after last week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

noodler wrote: »
    It's mad tbh.

Origi coming on for Firminho made far more sense on Sunday to me and arguably of you were gonna start Sturridge you'd do so tonight.

It would be nearly impossible to make an argument for Sturridge ever starting a PL game for us again tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

3 days after that ****e on Sunday is a tall order for Klopp to get them in the zone tonight. Any of sort of win will do tonight .

It might be a positive in a way... after a bad game, all you want to do is get back out there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Didn't think Milner would be in before Henderson. Wonder is Klopp making a point after their little sideline incident.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

No Henderson, he might shake his hand the next time.
    Hopefully we score a couple of early goals tonight, could do with enjoying a game after Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

An odd midfield three, have they ever played together before? I don’t recall it happening.

A nervy 1-0 victory, Mane to score in the first 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Origi to get two. Assist from each of the FBs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement