Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Doff wrote: »
    Just seen the City penalty, one of the softest penalties I've seen. Don't look at it lads, its sickening.

Sure it’s only Liverpool and Salah who get soft penalties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Doff wrote: »
    Just seen the City penalty, one of the softest penalties I've seen. Don't look at it lads, its sickening.

Urgh, could not help it, had to look. Sooooo soft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

4th clean sheet in a row after a few dodgy defensive displays too. TAA and Robertson are so important in how we play, hopefully we'll have them both playing for the remainder of the season. Overall a really good night and a performance we really needed. 1 clear 10 to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Well that was a pleasant evening. City pen soft as sh!te but fúck it, do our own jobs and we are there.

Great performance.

Another clean sheet too. 16 now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Perfect tonic.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just saw the result, the perfect medicine for Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Nice easy win which was needed and cuts the goal difference down, bring on Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭giveitholly

What time is motd on tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

10-45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

10.45 except NI variations when it's on at 2.45 AM. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Great game all round - a booster for Matip, TAA, Origi in particular

All Origi did was demonstrate what he had already this season when given the opportunity - a keen aptitude to fit into this team and not look out of place doing it. Makes the Sturridge sub on Sunday even more perplexing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lads, wait till ye see Trippier’s OG. A thing of absolute beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

4 clean sheets on the bounce, best run this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just went back and checked that Robertson assisted Origi's goal, so all 5 assists today from our fullbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Speak Now wrote: »
    4 clean sheets on the bounce, best run this season.

Bottling it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I expected that tonight, not 5 but a top performance. It's the breaks are killing us we lack match sharpness, it's full steam ahead now you can see the confidence building again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Perfect timing for a perfect performance - now, just to keep it going. Liverpool, Liverpool, top of the league, top of the league!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

We gave Watford what for I tell thee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fantastic result and performance. Now let's hope the lads play the game on Sunday rather than the occasion and we should wipe the floor with Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

mada999 wrote: »
    vvd due a goal

This aged well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

martyos121 wrote: »
    Lads, wait till ye see Trippier’s OG. A thing of absolute beauty.

Hilarious

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/dngbby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

superg wrote: »
    Well that was a pleasant evening. City pen soft as sh!te but fúck it, do our own jobs and we are there.

You know it was a dodgy pen when even the City fans think it was soft. Ah well.

Hopefully we repeat that performance against Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Wasnt impressed with lineup, but to be fair the middle 3 allowed the 2 FBs to really drive forward, TAA in particular. Fabinho excellent again, but though Millie was superb, overlapping on right early and then on left. Big Al again showing what a difference a top class keeper makes. And special word for Divock, haven't really rated him, but fitted in really well on left, cutting in on to his right foot like Mo on other side, who incidentally was magnificent tonight even though he didn't score. Superb performance all round, maybe those trips abroad now starting to show dividends, energy tonight of a level we haven't seen in quite a while.

You know it was a dodgy pen when even the City fans think it was soft. Ah well.

Hopefully we repeat that performance against Everton.

I thought the FA, the refs, the government etc all wanted Liverpool to win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

They key was the early goal tonight. Took the pressure and gitters at bay. Good for the lads' confidence after a few awful performances.

City peno very soft ffs. Though we can't complain really on that front!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Stroll in the park scoreline but Alisson made some very crucial saves, he might be a little hairy in decision making at times but he sure does make up for it with his shot stopping capabilities.

Top signing.

Himself and Virgil has really made the difference.

The good thing about poor runs of form is, much like good runs of form, they end at some point! We haven't been great in January or February. If we've put that to bed now and still managed to come out of it top of the league, happy days. Time will tell if it is put to bed though,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Lads 10 wins and its ours lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

So, does this mean we haven't bottled it after all????

Ah no, very good performance against a big, physical team that's going well. Solid all around really, excellent width by the fullbacks, that emphasises again to me the folly of playing millie ahead of trent on Sunday, but that's a ship that's sailed.
    Origi looked sharp again, to be fair, he's looked lively any time he's come on recently, looks fit and strong and puts himself about. He's not the most skillful player in the world, but he's decent back up, and is way ahead of sturridge IMHO in every aspect.
    I've been critical of Virgil's scoring record. It's down to more than him alone, but he took his chances well tonight. He should be weighing in with 6-8 league goals per season IMHO, he's a huge man and we should provide better set piece deliveries to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

So, does this mean we haven't bottled it after all????

Ah no, very good performance against a big, physical team that's going well. Solid all around really, excellent width by the fullbacks, that emphasises again to me the folly of playing millie ahead of trent on Sunday, but that's a ship that's sailed.
    Origi looked sharp again, to be fair, he's looked lively any time he's come on recently, looks fit and strong and puts himself about. He's not the most skillful player in the world, but he's decent back up, and is way ahead of sturridge IMHO in every aspect.
    I've been critical of Virgil's scoring record. It's down to more than him alone, but he took his chances well tonight. He should be weighing in with 6-8 league goals per season IMHO, he's a huge man and we should provide better set piece deliveries to him.

Yeah our set pieces and deliveries have been poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Lads 10 wins and its ours lol

Terrifying thought. We probably have to win all to seal it it means equalling our best streak of all time (11). Which we've only done twice in the past.

It's a pity city aren't missing laporte/fernandinho for anyone decent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

All 7 teams on 69 points at this point went on to win the league before- I hate facts like this. It really shows you how good a year City and us are having.
    MOTD were salivating regarding Trent and rightly so. He was the difference and Milner looked far more comfortable in midfield aswell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That was a ridiculously soft pen for City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Missed the 2nd half...assume everyone was sh!te and we’re still a sh!te team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Great night- 5 0 Liverpool 4 0 Rangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Anyone got a link to Mane's 2nd goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Grueller

Not saying he will ever be as good, but cpuld TAA develop into a midfield playmaker a la De Bruyne for Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

5-0!!!
    Found a lovely smooth stream with (I think) some Dutch commentators who let me hear the atmosphere and singing and only pipped up for the offensive play. :D

Really pleased for Milner and Origi and I fcuking love Mane.

Oh and 5 assists for our fullbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/karlmatchett/status/1100880013791031297?s=19

Nobody got by him today lads. We better watch out though because Trump will be after him to protect the boarder if his wall ain't built soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

City playing a day ahead of us for the next two weekends so we’ll likely be playing catch up.

Safe to say nobody wants rid of him in the summer now?

Great night- 5 0 Liverpool 4 0 Rangers.

90 goals, must have been some game !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is it just me or does Mane score a lot of headers for a pacey winger style player?

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    90 goals, must have been some game !

I’d say most in here only care about 50 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Exactly what was required, onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mane would probably score 30 in the league as a centre forward, faultless there tonight. Firmino's lack of goals there is costly at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching Motd was a nice surprise ! I had thought 3-0 was the final score for some reason , great performance all round

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I’d say most in here only care about 50 of them.

You'd be surprised. Few bears here.

Mane would probably score 30 in the league as a centre forward, faultless there tonight. Firmino's lack of goals there is costly at times.

You're a strange one. Bobby is a fulcrum in our attack.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement