Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

martyos121 wrote: »
    And Djimi Traors there too!

The hero of Istanbul, in fairness didn't he make a goal line clearance, he was last line and somehow saved it. I could have imagined that though, pretty sure he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I read that as a critique of the Citzens lack of interest in their own teams fortunes (other than that they have a fortune to back them)

More than anything, I think it just speaks to him as a person at those two different stages of life. He's speaking about the dressing room - but really, he's speaking about his interpretation of the dressing room, which is automatically coloured by how he experienced things himself. In 13/14 he was very young, and probably personally felt the pressure much more than he does now. He was also doubtless aware of the general context at Liverpool and allowed it to get to him a bit, which was starkly more potentially nerve wracking than at City - when he joined they'd already won 2 of the last 4 leagues. That's a lot of pressure off automatically. He's also a little older now, is a demonstrably stronger character as a person, and probably just doesn't feel that pressure the same way anymore.

People are different... some members of a dressing room will feel more pressure than others depending on their mentality, and stage of their career. I doubt Kolo felt anywhere near as much pressure as Sterling did in 13/14 for instance, having been there and done that twice before.

What a cast!

Just missing Xabi Alonso and Crespo to properly represent all the key players from the two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/Ifcjaames/status/1101154002945916928?s=19

Mane singing along to Alez Alez Alez in the warm-up is brilliant :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hopefully the mood won't have turned to one of utter despair in here again by the end of the weekend.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season we will be going into next season in buoyant mood in a lot of ways with a manager and squad (barring any mad outgoings that are unexpected) that we trust and believe in, and should have us challenging for great things next year too.

Still in pole position this season though and I'm hopeful we can end the drought, but even if it goes a bit tits up, the vast majority of Liverpool fans will be of one mind that we have things going very much in the right direction, with the added bonus of laughing at the opposition fans trying to genuinely say that Klopp has failed if he hasn't won anything by the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Just missing Xabi Alonso and Crespo to properly represent all the key players from the two games.

Anyone who hasn't seen this interview give it a go, Crespo candidly talking about Istanbul.

His English is really good and he comes across very likable. Always rated him because of how good he was for Lazio in Championship Manager!

Worth a watch anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I was going to post on the Everton thread but I doubt if anyone has been on there in 6 months.

We will roast them on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

martyos121 wrote: »
    And Djimi Traoré is there too!

Never mind Djimi the CL winner what's Johnson doing there?!

• Advertisement

ebbsy wrote: »
    I was going to post on the Everton thread but I doubt if anyone has been on there in 6 months.

Why would you want to do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    Hopefully the mood won't have turned to one of utter despair in here again by the end of the weekend.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season we will be going into next season in buoyant mood in a lot of ways with a manager and squad (barring any mad outgoings that are unexpected) that we trust and believe in, and should have us challenging for great things next year too.

Still in pole position this season though and I'm hopeful we can end the drought, but even if it goes a bit tits up, the vast majority of Liverpool fans will be of one mind that we have things going very much in the right direction, with the added bonus of laughing at the opposition fans trying to genuinely say that Klopp has failed if he hasn't won anything by the end of the season.

Dom is calm and long sighted. Dom is smart. Be like Dom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ebbsy wrote: »

We will roast them on Sunday.

god I hope so

i'll be there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

8-10 wrote: »
    Anyone who hasn't seen this interview give it a go, Crespo candidly talking about Istanbul.

His English is really good and he comes across very likable. Always rated him because of how good he was for Lazio in Championship Manager!

Worth a watch anyway.

I like his candor regarding his shock at seeing Gerrard lifting the trophy - "What has happened?" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Dom is calm and long sighted. Dom is smart. Be like Dom.

You’d hope people would be able to look at the big picture and see the progress that has been made by Klopp and the team. But given that more posters come crawling out of the woodwork to proclaim a player as sh!te if he misplaces a pass or the whole team as sh!te if they haven’t scored in the first 20 minutes than celebrate a win I’m sure there will be some epic meltdowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just a reminder that Everton fans threw a blue flare on the pitch at Anfield to celebrate a 0-0 draw, before T-Rex arms threw the ball to Big Div to score the easiest of winning goals ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You’d hope people would be able to look at the big picture and see the progress that has been made by Klopp and the team. But given that more posters come crawling out of the woodwork to proclaim a player as sh!te if he misplaces a pass or the whole team as sh!te if they haven’t scored in the first 20 minutes than celebrate a win I’m sure there will be some epic meltdowns.

And some posters just say i told you so :pac:

8-10 wrote: »

Worth a watch anyway.

His english is unreal. Excellent interview.

Bournemouth only have 3 defeats at home. Very solid there, Spurs for example have 5 defeats ''at home'' . Bournemouth are also 6th when it comes to GF at home, scoring more than United or Spurs at home. City will have a game there hopefully.
    Everton for us is weaker game on paper, they're consistently average home and away, but being a derby it will be tough physically, we will need to build upon that Watford performance to come away with 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd start the same team and formation that started against Watford for the game this Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'd start the same team and formation that started against Watford for the game this Sunday.

Absolutely.

Difficult to argue with that.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Absolutely.

Difficult to argue with that.

100%. Should be no qualms. Origi loves a good game against everton too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Me too - but I think Henderson will start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bournemouth only have 3 defeats at home. Very solid there, Spurs for example have 5 defeats ''at home'' . Bournemouth are also 6th when it comes to GF at home, scoring more than United or Spurs at home. City will have a game there hopefully.
    Everton for us is weaker game on paper, they're consistently average home and away, but being a derby it will be tough physically, we will need to build upon that Watford performance to come away with 3 points.

i'd be shocked if they did anything.

we battered them 4-0, and I fully expect the same from City. Bournemouth's defence is utter pants. they just keep themselves far too open.

there are games that City can slip up in. I just don't think this will be one of them.

Me too - but I think Henderson will start.

Quite likely, but if I was to make any change to the midfield it would be to bring in Keita for Milner (who was good the other day). If Firmino is fit he will start, but given Origi's performance the other day he might feel unlucky to be dropped.

Barring injury that's it though. The back 5, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Salah, Mane are all guaranteed starters you'd think, barring injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

At the moment I think Mane, TAA and Robbo are probably the three most first name on the teamsheet when it comes to the attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'd be shocked if they did anything.

we battered them 4-0, and I fully expect the same from City. Bournemouth's defence is utter pants. they just keep themselves far too open.

there are games that City can slip up in. I just don't think this will be one of them.

Fully agree. Their style of play is perfect for teams like Liverpool and City. 3 or 4-1 type result.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bournemouth only have 3 defeats at home.

Arsenal, Spurs, United, City and ourselves have battered them this season; unfortunately I don't see how or why City won't do the same again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I think it's quite simple.
    If we want to win the League, we HAVE to win each and every one of our last 10 games.

I just don't see City dropping points. United will roll over and die against them. It's kinda weird, because Everton would despise Liverpool win the league and much rather one of the Manc teams champions. (I as a Liverpool fan would love to see Everton crowned champions if it was not us). So Everton will be doing everything to put a halt to our gallop on Sunday. Utd will be doing the same when they play City :(

The only real likelihood I see of City dropping points is their game against Spurs, but I'd still be backing City in that game.

I think we should do well in most games. Spurs could be a tricky one as could Chelsea. Mind you, Chelsea are all over the shop and Spurs not the same team these days, so really we should be winning them. Other than that, we have performed so well this season at grinding out the wins in the scrappy games, I just hope we can continue because I just don't think we can play every game like we did on Wednesday

City will lose tomorrow, I just know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Do some people really think City are going to close out the season with 14 wins in a row? It's just not happening and their form this season doesn't suggest they'll put that run together. They have lost 4 and drawn 2 already and I think Bournemouth with all of their defensive problems will give City a difficult game tomorrow due to their good home form and with City missing Fernandinho and Laporte they can be got at.

And it's a very rare occasion (I can't think of any but can think of the opposite happening) a professional sports team has rolled over and took a beating to affect a rival. United will be pushing for top 4 and Ole for the job, he ain't setting them up to take a humping off City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Lads stop worrying about City and what they will or wont do.......only important thing is that LFC keep totting up their own points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Was in Anfield on wednesday night,bang in the middle of the KOP, what a noise they made(hopefully it came across on telly). Superb all round perfomance,game won after 20mins,crowd relaxed and everything flowed, TAA VVD ROBBO MATIP GINI FAB all fcuking outstanding PS; in 20 years of going to Anfield,Watford were the worst team ive seen,absolutley brutal

Was in Anfield on wednesday night,bang in the middle of the KOP, what a noise they made(hopefully it came across on telly). Superb all round perfomance,game won after 20mins,crowd relaxed and everything flowed, TAA VVD ROBBO MATIP GINI FAB all fcuking outstanding PS; in 20 years of going to Anfield,Watford were the worst team ive seen,absolutley brutal

Hodgsons liverpool are among the worst sides to have seen anfield:(

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Did you manage to control your feet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I choose to believe the Pool made them look brutal. Don't down play that performance!! Everyone was saying before the game how well drilled Watford were.

That demolition was all Liverpool and Watford could do nothing about it.

They'll do the same to Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Atmosphere wise it was night and day compared to the Bayern game. Watford were actually trying their best, even when they were 3-0 down they were still trying their best to press so I wouldn't say they were the worst team to play in Anfield in 20 years. I'd just say, that Liverpool was one of the best in the past decade. Can't really fault anyones performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Yea that has to be a gross exaggeration saying Watford were the worst team in 20 years, we made them look bad, we played brilliantly, even still they had a few flashes in the game, by no means were they that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Owl. wrote:
    Did you manage to control your feet?

I just can't,I just can't

I did till we hit Matty st,maybe I'm harsh on Watford but honestly thought they were awful,I'll RE watch over the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

"If I was making the decision with my heart, I would have been at Celtic for life. It's an incredible club that I've supported all my life. But I felt it was the time to move on to my next challenge."

Does anyone believe him? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

At the moment I think Mane, TAA and Robbo are probably the three most first name on the teamsheet when it comes to the attack.

Vvd is averaging 2 goals a game lately.

Very very lately :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

City will lose tomorrow, I just know it.

They will because I picked them in LMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Boutnemouth could do damage to city if they had a fully fit squad. They are missing too many players now to hurt them. Im fully expecting city to win there next 4 games. Its there last 6 games that are all quite tricky and where points could be dropped by them. A win on sunday would be huge for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Boutnemouth could do damage to city if they had a fully fit squad. They are missing too many players now to hurt them. Im fully expecting city to win there next 4 games. Its there last 6 games that are all quite tricky and where points could be dropped by them. A win on sunday would be huge for us.

A win on Sunday is essential. We've dropped too many easy points lately, we have slapped a plaster on it with a great performance. That needs to be built upon this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Did klopp say anything about firminio's injury today in the press conference?

Did klopp say anything about firminio's injury today in the press conference?

Firmino could well be in contention. He is back in training but Klopp needs to see how he reacted to training this afternoon to see if he could be able to play or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

"If I was making the decision with my heart, I would have been at Celtic for life. It's an incredible club that I've supported all my life. But I felt it was the time to move on to my next challenge."

Does anyone believe him? :pac:

I cant believe he moved at this stage in the season, fair enough the PL is miles ahead of the Scottish league and if he moved during the summer I couldn't really blame him but to be so close to winning three titles and becoming an absolute legend in Glasgow, I think he's an absolute donkey.

It's a strange one, few games to go in Premier League and he walks from Celtic, sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

https://youtu.be/PnmRE0-M270

Hoping Origi starts on Sunday. Just seeing him on the pitch will probably trigger a bout of PTSD for poor old Pickford.

https://youtu.be/7i7s446DT1s
    He has 3 goals against everton the most againat any other club i think

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I cant believe he moved at this stage in the season, fair enough the PL is miles ahead of the Scottish league and if he moved during the summer I couldn't really blame him but to be so close to winning three titles and becoming an absolute legend in Glasgow, I think he's an absolute donkey.

Yeah, can only assume Leicester gave him an ultimatum or something? Come now, or we'll find someone who will, sort of thing.. It's the only thing that makes any sense... could see that forcing it alright, as it really is an ideal job for him to step into. Good senior players for the present, good youth options, and money to spend.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement