Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Bournemouth have been humped by all the bigger team recently so Howe correctly changed the tactics and defended from the start, clearly hoping to keep it tight (which they did) and have a go in the last 20 minutes but City had too much control of the game and Bournemouth couldn't do anything. Would rather they played like that against them then how they have recently and let City stick four or five past them. Boruc was brutal for the goal as well.

Now to stick a few past Everton tomorrow, get the three points and chip away at that goal difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

superg wrote: »
    On the surface it would seem that City aren't creating great chances right now so hopefully that will hurt them eventually. Other team has to have a go though! At least with Watford next, if our game is anything to go by, they very much will have a go.

23 efforts on goal today and 10 of them on target would say your not right statistically. They should of hammered Westham last time round did It see the game today yet.

Strikers start finding the spot again creating that many attempts on goal they will fire they ain't even putting on as much energy as other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

garra wrote: »
    Shake and gone

His hand or your lad :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

jayo26 wrote: »
    23 efforts on goal today and 10 of them on target would say your not right statistically. They should of hammered Westham last time round did It see the game today yet.

Strikers start finding the spot again creating that many attempts on goal they will fire they ain't even putting on as much energy as other teams.

Their xg was 1.6 today so the stats back up they didn't create much quality chances. I agree they should have thumped West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Whats the problem lads, we all knew city would win today so nothing has changed, we had to win tomorrow anyway did we not

• Advertisement

If we win tomorrow we will have double Evertons pts total after 29 gamed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Whats the problem lads, we all knew city would win today so nothing has changed, we had to win tomorrow anyway did we not

Of course nothing change only they have one more game out of the way.

It's looking like a fun end to the season between top two and then the 3rd and 4th spot and final relegation spot going to be many interesting games to watch for the next few weeks.

It's rarely easy for us at goodison but if we could manage an early goal I reckon we will batter them, easier said then done in these games though

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

While it'll always be hilarious beating Everton with injury time winners it would be nice to have the 3 points wrapped up by halftime tomorrow. Let us all relax a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

City have looked tired and well below their best this week but have ground out two 1-0 wins. Annoying.

They’ll keep winning too unless some teams actually try and score against them.

It's amusing though that when they do it, the narrative is usually 'They've not been at their best today, but they did well to grind out the result.' (which of course can be true)
    When we do it, though, it tends to be 'There's a tightness to their play which suggests that the pressure is telling.'

It's as if we're the only ones who will feel the pressure on the run-in. Both sides will definitely drop points between now and May.

Knex. wrote: »

Nice one. Didn't someone say it was definitely April. Fantastic news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Is firmino fit for tomorrow

I think grove on the bench and only used for the last 20 if we need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

5starpool wrote: »
    ebbsy wrote: »
    I was going to post on the Everton thread but I doubt if anyone has been on there in 6 months.

Why would you want to do that?

Because it wouldn't be the same if Ebbsy didn't get another ban on the eve of a big game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Nice one. Didn't someone say it was definitely April. Fantastic news!

Best itk since Moley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

jayo26 wrote: »

Fromvert wrote: »
    Their xg was 1.6 today so the stats back up they didn't create much quality chances. I agree they should have thumped West Ham.

This.

I didn't see either league game recently but they weren't great against Chelsea in the final either having battered them 6 zip a week before so something has changed. Half of me thinks Watford will give them trouble because they'll have a go, the other half thinks City will have more space and make good use of it because Watford will have a go!

As long as Liverpool win who cares really, I can't see us winning 11 on the bounce and I can't see City winning 14 so twists and turns to come still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Wonder who will be midfield tomorrow? Reckon it could be the same team as the Watford game except Henderson in for milner

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Seems like the new itk is ripping off Irish Liverpool fans for tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capturetr.jpg

City are playing well and racking up the wins. 10 games to go, can we win them all ! We need to start tomorrow! Have to win tomorrow or this form will ring true

john why wrote: »

Just reading through the thread, fairly pathetic stuff.

Means we probably won’t get any more vague insights like ‘Keita passed fit’ 3 minutes before the line up comes out with no sign of him in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Disgusting thing to do.

Disgusting thing to do.

Shocking stuff. He had it in for you for some reason. Hopefully he won't be back.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just reading through the thread, fairly pathetic stuff.

Means we probably won’t get any more vague insights like ‘Keita passed fit’ 3 minutes before the line up comes out with no sign of him in it.

He's the mma itk as well. He's gone to ground now. Hopefully that lad gets him money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Who's itk? and what's after happening? I only pop in every now and again so have no clue.

southdublin6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He's the mma itk as well. He's gone to ground now. Hopefully that lad gets him money back.

I'm lost as well tbh.

Read the soccer tickets and travel thead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Honestly you all deserve it for believing in any itk other than our saviour IndyKaila

I'm lost as well tbh.

Read the soccer tickets and travel thead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Who's itk? and what's after happening? I only pop in every now and again so have no clue.
    I'm lost as well tbh.

Read this.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109567773&postcount=4276

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Scumbag! I hope that guy somehow gets his money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Scumbag! I hope that guy somehow gets his money back.

And hopefully the culprit is charged with theft as well.

Yeah hopefully he gets the money back. Sounds like there’s a few more similar stories floating around .

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm looking into the tickets issue. If anyone has any useful info could they PM me. If they have info within any PMs received could you report them. In the meantime, please can we stop the discussion in this thread

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Some people have no shame at all.

Still has a week to go so fingers crossed something good might come about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Henderson 0
    Keita 0
    Fabinho 1
    Gini 2
    Milner 3

I dunno how many goals City have from their midfielders but I can imagine it's 20+ . Someone needs to step up, attempt to change a draw to a win like City do. Virgil also has a role to play in 10 remaining games, this is it, the fight has begun. This is where winners win, where they become the difference, where history is written.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

How much is it usually for a ticket package off a Irish travel agent?? Thinking of going over for the day or even stay a night early next season.

Depends on the travel agent, I had a feeling last summer that we'd be involved at the business end of this season so I booked the wolves game for 300 with two nights hotel. Absolute rip off but no other reliable chance of tickets for me. It was the cheapest deal about too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

superg wrote: »
    Depends on the travel agent, I had a feeling last summer that we'd be involved at the business end of this season so I booked the wolves game for 300 with two nights hotel. Absolute rip off but no other reliable chance of tickets for me. It was the cheapest too deal about.

So what does that include? Just match tickets and 2 nights accommodation? No ferry??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I know Beasty said no more chat on this but what if we did a whip around and donated €5 to the poster and get him squared away? Anyone who wanted to chip in can then but no pressure. He might be able to get some sort of trip out of it anyway.

If this is against the rules feel free to delete Mods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great news about the ox. Feel so sorry for the lad as he was really coming into his own at Lfc before his injury and feel he would of been a top player this season for us. Really hope he can kick on again, he seems like a top lad who gets what this club is all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

ricero wrote: »
    Great news about the ox. Feel so sorry for the lad as he was really coming into his own at Lfc before his injury and feel he would of been a top player this season for us. Really hope he can kick on again, he seems like a top lad who gets what this club is all about.

On this would he have any matches played behind doors or for the u23s or will it be straight into the senior squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

On this would he have any matches played behind doors or for the u23s or will it be straight into the senior squad?

I think there's some talk he might get a game with the U23s this week.

EDIT: It's in Pearce's tweet...I hadn't seen that earlier.

I watched first half of city game today and they were piss poor, only reason they won was because bournmouth are a gutless bunch and offered nothing

GiftofGab wrote:
    So what does that include? Just match tickets and 2 nights accommodation? No ferry??

Exactly that. I'm flying over. Was actually quite cheap. Last time I went Ryanair had a nasty habit of jacking up the price for weekends when Liverpool where at home. Got flight over this time for 42 quid. Home for 80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I watched first half of city game today and they were piss poor, only reason they won was because bournmouth are a gutless bunch and offered nothing

Not really true. Bournemouth had only 13 passes into City's final third today which highlights exactly how devoid of ambition their gameplan was. Impossible to look good, or fluent, when the opposition have parked the bus so deeply. I don't really blame Howe but it's hard to judge City from that performance today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I thought pep was nervous after. best match ever comment was weird. something's up.

We win tomorrow and we'll win the lge

Hate the way we play after City for the majority of our remaining games though, why is it we only play one sat but six Sundays,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hate the way we play after City for the majority of our remaining games though, why is it we only play one sat but six Sundays,

Unfortunately I reckon it's down to tv company's buying up our games and also city's fixtures with their schedule due to the fa cup and champions league.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement