Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

ricero wrote: »
    Unfortunately I reckon it's down to tv company's buying up our games and also city's fixtures with their schedule due to the fa cup and champions league.

It's wrong though it puts added pressure on us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I know Beasty said no more chat on this but what if we did a whip around and donated €5 to the poster and get him squared away? Anyone who wanted to chip in can then but no pressure. He might be able to get some sort of trip out of it anyway.

If this is against the rules feel free to delete Mods.

Forum lurker here and foolish victim. I do appreciate the kind suggestion but honestly I'll take this one as a lesson learnt and will see if the guards can be of any help.

Only told the young lad tonight we are heading over so he is delighted at the thought of doing the match day stadium tour.

Fingers crossed we don't leave it as late in Goodison tomorrow and can kick on and use the opportunity to narrow that goal difference.

shamrock55 wrote: »

We play 5 league games befre April 14th. City play 2 afaik. If City playing ahead of us for some games is an advantage then we have also have a similar advantage.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    We play 5 league games befre April 14th. City play 2 afaik. If City playing ahead of us for some games is an advantage then we have also have a similar advantage.

City play 4 we play 5 up to and including April 14th,im not counting tomorrow's game for us
    We only play before them once for rest of season

City play 4 we play 5 up to and including April 14th,im not counting tomorrow's game for us
    We only play before them once for rest of season

I was going by citytillidie's table.

I atually meant April 6th - we have 5 games between now and then. City have 2.

Date Liverpool Man City
    2nd Mar Bournemouth (a)
    3rd Mar Everton (a)
    9th Mar Watford
    10th Mar Burnley
    12th Mar Shalke 04 (GER)
    13th Mar Bayern München (GER) (a)
    16th Mar Swansea (a) FA Cup
    17th Mar Fulham (a)
    30th Mar Fulham (a)
    31st Mar Spurs
    5th Apr Southampton (a)
    6th Apr Cardiff or FA Cup Semi Final
    9th Apr UCL QF 1st Leg UCL QF 1st Leg
    14th Apr Chelsea Palace (a)
    16th Apr UCL QF 2nd Leg UCL QF 2nd Leg
    20th Apr Spurs
    21st Apr Cardiff (a)
    24th Apr Man Utd (a)
    26th Apr Huddersfield
    28th Apr Burnley (a)
    30th Apr UCL SF 1st Leg UCL SF 1st Leg
    4th May Newcastle (a) Leicester
    7th May UCL SF 2nd Leg UCL SF 2nd Leg
    12th May Wolves Brighton (a)
    18th May FA CUP Final
    1st June UCL Final UCL Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jesus talk about feeling entitled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I prefer it,we know exactly what's required,no holding back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its a reasonable assumption to say that Everton is our last tough away game in the PL.

In saying that Newcastle away would be a tough cookie if Rafa wasnt gonna do us a solid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Pressure on, city winning yesterday and the Derby. Be interesting to see who hides and who's up for it.

Can also see Everton having the game of their lives here today. Won't be easy.

• Advertisement

Jesus talk about feeling entitled.

Once or twice is fine but six times is a bit much tbh, nothing to do with feeling entitled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I prefer it,we know exactly what's required,no holding back.

A win is always required .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw today. 5 draws on the last 10 at Goodison.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Vicxas wrote: »
    Its a reasonable assumption to say that Everton is our last tough away game in the PL.

In saying that Newcastle away would be a tough cookie if Rafa wasnt gonna do us a solid

I'd have thought the Southampton game would be the toughest, depending on how the table is by then. Obviously heavy favourites, but they're playing better and are playing for survival

Rodgers tearing up the PL again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I am not a Rodgers fan but give him a bit of a chance,he can't really do anything this season good or bad,they are too low to get Europe and too high to get relegated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wonder will Sturridge end up there in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Turtyturd wrote: »

Build a team around Vardy and Sturridge eh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool really could do a hell of a summer clear out "you bought 'em once you'll buy 'em twice"

Mig, Lovren, Lallana, Sturridge, Moreno, Origi all for Maddison and Chillwell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Turtyturd wrote: »

Hopefully!

I've actually always been a fan of sturridge but he offers absolutely nothing* these days

*Chelsea goal apart

*Never forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sturridge finds it hard to score when sitting on the bench, no one did a thing against United. He worked keeper at least.
    He's a bit like Balotelli, just name him in team and take your goals, but that's all you'll get. Balotelli moved and scored 43 goals in 76 appearances, a goal every 1.7 games, just don't ask him to work on pitch.
    Sturridge if fit will move on and score 25 a season just by playing a full season, players like Sturridge will have one task when they move on, just stand still on pitch, over 90 minutes you'll get a chance so score. Not good enough for Liverpool, but the likes of the bottom half teams will just be glad of the goals.
    Others need to carry the likes of Sturridge and Balotelli, their job is to put chance away, not work, that is everyone else's problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Can’t understand these comments tbh. There’s no reason why any Liverpool fan should think badly of Rodgers.

gafferino wrote: »
    Can’t understand these comments tbh. There’s no reason why any Liverpool fan should think badly of Rodgers.

I have nothing against him, was pure mucking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Very petty comment.

:pac:

I'm absolutely bricking it for this game

I'm absolutely bricking it for this game

Less nervous than I was about the Utd game, but these last 10 games are gonna be like cup finals if we can go the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I have nothing against him, was pure mucking around.

Yeah not aimed directly at you as had a feeling you were messing but there does seem to be a lot of ill will towards Rodgers which I can’t understand. He did his best which ultimately wasn’t good enough. Can’t ask more really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Both Rafa and Roy have done the club solids this season in there games against City lets see what Rodgers can do now.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Mane, Salah, Origi.

Subs: Mignolet, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Sturridge, Lallana, Shaqiri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Happy with that

Henderson, entirely predicable. :(

Happy Origi got to keep his spot.

Will need Shaq and Keita in the second half.

Both Rafa and Roy have done the club solids this season in there games against City lets see what Rodgers can do now.

We should really be seeing what the LFC manager and squad can do now, IMO.
    Rather then hoping Leicester take points off Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Delighted to see Origi starting, really hope he can prove himself as genuine competition to Firmino for the remainder of the season.

The way Bobby Duncan & Paul Glatzel are scoring goals for fun at U18 level I'd have them on the bench ahead of Sturridge & Lallana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭patsy sally

good to see origi keeping his place hopefully another goal from him

Henderson, entirely predicable. :(

While your post is extremely unpredictable.

....... Bobby Duncan & Paul Glatzel ..... I'd have them on the bench .....

I imagine they're not quite ready for that.

• Advertisement

Good news for Klopp today with the inclement weather is that the excuse is already wrapped up with a nice bow on it, just incase it goes tits up.

While your post is extremely unpredictable.

True and I'll be proven right as this thread is calling for Keita at HT.
    Augeo wrote: »
    I imagine they're not quite ready for that.

Brewster would be more ready probably!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

just by playing a full season

BlissfulQuerulousFairybluebird-small.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Bricking it for this match, nothing the blues would love more is to take anything off us today.... need to be fast, hard and strong to get a result today COME ON YOU REDS, YNWA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Good news for Klopp today with the inclement weather is that the excuse is already wrapped up with a nice bow on it, just incase it goes tits up.

You berate Harry for his comment and you come out with this shïte?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

See the U23's are playing their derby tomorrow - anyone know if the U23's are being televised anymore? Last time I tried, couldn't find a stream in all the usual places - with their match tomorrow and Friday against the actual Derby, just wondering if there's a chance of watching Ox play.

• Advertisement

gafferino wrote: »
    Yeah not aimed directly at you as had a feeling you were messing but there does seem to be a lot of ill will towards Rodgers which I can’t understand. He did his best which ultimately wasn’t good enough. Can’t ask more really.

Don’t think it’s ill will. Most people will recognize that season as being brilliant but I do think his limitations and stubbornness ensured that the season was a once off. As said he tried his best and it wasn’t good enough, what’s more bizarre for me are the posters (not you) still wearing their ‘The Rodgers’ pyjamas who take bizarre swipes at Klopp to make themselves feel better about what happened.

SM01 wrote: »

Berate? A bit strong, no?

It's not me that talks sh1te about weather, It's Klopp.

SM01 wrote: »

As gstack166 thanked it I'm going to assume it was poker faced satire.

Edit no I'm wrong! (though yes Jurgen is big on the British weather)

As gstack166 thanked it I'm going to assume it was poker faced satire.

Edit no I'm wrong! (though yes Jurgen is big on the British weather)

Fairly sure you posted elsewhere that Klopp should stop talking about weather, no?

Sturridge finds it hard to score when sitting on the bench, no one did a thing against United. He worked keeper at least.
    He's a bit like Balotelli, just name him in team and take your goals, but that's all you'll get. Balotelli moved and scored 43 goals in 76 appearances, a goal every 1.7 games, just don't ask him to work on pitch.
    Sturridge if fit will move on and score 25 a season just by playing a full season, players like Sturridge will have one task when they move on, just stand still on pitch, over 90 minutes you'll get a chance so score. Not good enough for Liverpool, but the likes of the bottom half teams will just be glad of the goals.
    Others need to carry the likes of Sturridge and Balotelli, their job is to put chance away, not work, that is everyone else's problem.

Toby have a drink ;)

In the last 10 seasons he has scored 25 once while playing beside the best player in the world that season.

His next best season is 13 goals in a season the next best after that is 11 goals in a season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement