Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well the Lallana & Sturridge cameos as subs in the last two games show they should never play for Liverpool again.

There was no dynamic presence in midfield something Keita was both to bring.

Unless he isn't fit I don't know why he wasn't used in the last two games just as he had been finding his feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Bit odd how Shaqiri has been frozen out recently. Can’t even get off the bench now.

****ss sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

A bad day at the office all round. VVD, Matip and Alisson did what they could. Fab was okay i guess but the rest were not at the races at all. Such complacency and wastefulness made it very hard to watch. It's not all doom and gloom though. We barely deserve a point and got one. City WILL drop points, just fingers crossed we drop less. Performances like that though cannot be repeated if we're to stay in the race. Klopp could do better with the subs though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

When the chips we're down against utd and here Salah and mane we're brutal,that's an honest assesment. Our game winners were shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Next two games before the international break against Burnley and Fulham. Need to go into the international break on top even if it means we played a game more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Slattsy wrote: »
    Bottlers. From Klopp to bottom.

Only VVD and Matip showed up. Said it before the game, it'll be interesting to see who turns up. Everyone else hid. The occasion got to Trent. Henderson had a great first half but then disappeared. Klopps subs clueless. Pressure.

I hate being right all the time. Sometimes.

Bottle job.

I think you should take a deep breath, step away from the keyboard and go for a poo or something.

You'll feel a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Never realised just how much I hate the bitters until now. Horrible club, horrible players, horrible fans. I detest them. Everton mate already on bragging over a draw. Sad

• Advertisement

Gap is only one ! We need Ox sooner rather than later, he inspires confidence and can actually score a goal ironically, something he never did at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sigh. Top spot is gonna be tough to wrestle back off city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

9 to go

plenty of twists and turns yet

No doubt Everton will bring out a video for this one, their cup final, celebrating a nil all is a bit sad and says it all about them and their ambition

I think even the eternal optimists now must have that sinking feeling, we've blown it. It will be scant consolation that we ran City close after being 7 points clear not long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Everton such a horrible bitter bunch of supporters

Sorry but you can say this about a select group from ever team. I wouldn’t see them as any more or less “bitter” than Liverpool supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

martyos121 wrote:
    Its Citys title to lose now, any optimism I had is draining rapidly.

To be honest we came up short against Leicester, United & Everton so we've shown we can't lead the race with conviction so Liverpool are probably better off chasing them. They won't go through a bad run though. Particularly looking at their next few games.
    Shocking game management by Klopp, Lallana for Origi was unforgettable in the circumstances.

Milner instead of Keita or Shaqiri is up there too.
    Baffled by them & would love to hear the excuse for it as much for a laugh as anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

ricero wrote: »
    Next two games before the international break against Burnley and Fulham. Need to go into the international break on top even if it means we played a game more.

You should easily turn those two over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

ERG89 wrote: »
    To be honest we came up short against Leicester, United & Everton so we've shown we can't lead the race with conviction so Liverpool are probably better off chasing them. They won't go through a bad run though. Particularly looking at their next few games.

By the time they run into a tough fixture we will have no hope of catching them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

This has been an amazing season for Liverpool. Just a pity they have to play against this billionaires play thing in Man City who can buy what ever player they like even to be going toe to toe with them this season is great.

With how much money Man City have England will slowly turn into Scotland with one team dominating

City were not even playing today, what the hell haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Salah is in danger of becoming a problem as he is unlikely to be dropped and yet maybe tweaking the front end is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A win would have been great but it was not to be. We had chances but didn't take them.
    27 points left to play for.

Many twists and turns left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Manager has had an absolute mare again today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Tough to take, 70 from 29 is excellent but too many draws now when you are going against a pretty remarkable City team. Klopps subs were poor to be fair, Lallana on when chasing a game......cant understand it at all.

Sad to see posters here slate the team on a bad day but thats football I guess, fickle fans are fickle.

1 behind with 9 to go, its not over but its out of our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Our midfield is a serious issue, especially as the front 3 haven't been as prolific, there's absolutely no creativity in there. Not sure why Keita has been left out again when it seemed as if he was becoming more confident, maybe Klopp feels he doesn't have the temperament for these type of games.

People are stating that both teams will drop points before the end of the season, perhaps, but I really can't see city dropping more than us. They are relentless and going top again is a huge psychologocial advantage which will spur them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sky annoy me. Say City are ahead of Liverpool for the first time whilst having played the same amount games and then claim the lead was once 10 points but don't point out that City had played a game more.

Also that 10 point gap was never over any time it was one night over the Christmas period and only because Liverpool played a day earlier than City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Vvd was absolutely immense BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

1 in it and both teams should expect to win all of their fixtures bar two tricky ones each

City have Spurs & United
    Pool have Spurs & Chelsea

It's far from over, could be a riveting run in, City have shown they're more than capable of throwing a few away themselves.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

City have a handy enough run of 4 games now.

I think them dropping more points than us at this stage is just wishful thinking. Hard to see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

This has been an amazing season for Liverpool. Just a pity they have to play against this billionaires play thing in Man City who can buy what ever player they like even to be going toe to toe with them this season is great.

With how much money Man City have England will slowly turn into Scotland with one team dominating

What are you on about. He never mentioned them playing today.

• Advertisement

I think even the eternal optimists now must have that sinking feeling, we've blown it. It will be scant consolation that we ran City close after being 7 points clear not long ago.

So 1 point behind with 9 games to go you're conceding the league?

NukaCola wrote:
    Sad to see posters here slate the team on a bad day but thats football I guess, fickle fans are fickle.

It's just frustration. They were rubbish Sunday v United. Brilliant then on Wed. And rubbish again today.

Having said that if Salah scores his chance then it's a different game.

2 wins since Jan 20th, we're in mid table form since turn of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Our midfield is a massive problem tbh no goals or creativity whatsoever, klopp subs were a joke, city have easier run in now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm fairly sanguine about this tbh.

City are quite a bit better than us, and while we certainly could have won the league, with a bit better luck in getting the correct reffing decisions against City and Leicester, for example, City are pretty much so good that they don't have to leave things to chance.

I no longer have any serious belief that we'll win the league, not because 1 pt is unassailable, but because what I think we're seeing at the moment isn't a run of unlucky results, but rather the normal regression to the mean you'd expect to see from a team that had the first half of the season we did, but isn't actually quite at that level.

It'll probably still be tight, and if we win our last 9 games we'll have a great chance, but City are more likely to extend their lead than have us catch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Its the way the team are playing thats the worrying thing. And they don't like it "up them"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

It'd be different if we were playing well but form isn't on our side

Yes it's over..... I will enjoy it even more if I'm wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

cmac2009 wrote: »

People are stating that both teams will drop points before the end of the season, perhaps, but I really can't see city dropping more than us. They are relentless and going top again is a huge psychologocial advantage which will spur them on.

City have scored 1 goal from play in their last 3 games, they will drop more points

Hopefully with Virgil & Allison to mind the house Klopp will revert to unleashing the hounds so to speak. With a woeful keeper and without Virgil we did it with great success not too long ago.

We're looking like a Jose team too much lately. Imo

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Bye Bye Tiltle ya bunch of bottlers

**** off

• Advertisement

Yes it's over..... I will enjoy it even more if I'm wrong

It's no way over. Long way to go.

Manager has had an absolute mare again today

We all praise the line up before hand, everyone seemed happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

What are you on about. He never mentioned them playing today.

Why bring City into it, Liverpool droped points and he already blaming City for Spending. Maybe was it because Liverpool didnt step up today .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Keep your knickers on ladies. They’ll be a couple more twists and turns yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

AHh you know what i mean going against City for the league is going to be hard with the funds City have to spend at will

Augeo wrote:
    Hopefully with Virgil & Allison to mind the house Klopp will revert to unleashing the hounds so to speak. With a woeful keeper and without Virgil we did it with great success not too long ago.

Fabinho is also fantastic at breaking it up if we get caught. It's why it's so difficult to understand the negative midfield selections.

Big part imo as to why we are drawing so much.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Thud wrote: »
    City have scored 1 goal from play in their last 3 games, they will drop more points

So will we.

Capture6543.jpg

Still a twist to come, regardless it will go to the wire. Our form is the most worrying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

It may not be palatable but there's a good chance yee will all have to become raging United fans for two hours on the 24th of April, it's a Wednesday evening keep it clear you won't get to do it many times without feeling dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

We have to be in touching distance when City play Spurs and United back to back, not looking likely now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement