Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's no way over. Long way to go.

I wouldn't bother talking some lads round, they conceded the league as early as October in some cases.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

What are you on about. He never mentioned them playing today.

Why bring City into it, Liverpool droped points and he already blaming City for Spending. Maybe was it because Liverpool didnt step up today .

Why bring City into it? Probably because we're in a title race with them? No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The wind was at fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

VVD & Fab again head and shoulders above anyone else in this squad.

VVD was perfect today, Fab gave the ball away twice towards the end that could have cost us the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I know there'll be a lot of fallout from that, but a moment first to revel in the absolute monster that is Virgil Van Dijk.

Bar the first few minutes when Calvert-Lewin was a raving lunatic, he won everything.

Coleman tries to cross it, he blocks it.
    Digne hits a corner in, he clears it.
    Long ball forward, he reads the flight and clears it.
    He yells the orders.
    He tells people to cop on when standards on passes slip.
    He even puts a chance on a plate for Fabinho.

You sometimes hear from parents that they don't remember what life was like before having children.

I don't want to remember what life was like without VVD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

AHh you know what i mean going against City for the league is going to be hard with the funds City have to spend at will

Klopp has spent a fortune himself. Broke 2 world records in the process, regardless of money recuperated he’s still spent it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Bloody hell sky are really taking the p1ss having Mo's misses replaying again and again. Creating their narrative I assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Burley , Fulham next.
    Need to chill, it's 6 pts it has to be. This is going to the wire, and we're right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Very frustrating match all round. Still can't get my head around Lallana over Shaqiri.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

It may not be palatable but there's a good chance yee will all have to become raging United fans for two hours on the 24th of April, it's a Wednesday evening keep it clear you won't get to do it many times without feeling dirty.

Even the United fans will be City fans that day. "Rivals" my arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Why bring City into it, Liverpool droped points and he already blaming City for Spending. Maybe was it because Liverpool didnt step up today .

That has been answered already in my 1st post going toe to toe with City for the league.

If you look back through the premier league when if a team has had as many points as City or Liverpool at this stage of the season they are usually 12-15 points clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

We desperately need a midfielder who can control the tempo of the game.

Guy interviewing Klopp,
    ''5 draws in last seven, worrying.''

It would be if we had 5 draws in last seven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sky going with the Salah at fault narrative it clearly seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

murpho999 wrote: »
    So 1 point behind with 9 games to go you're conceding the league?

We were 7 points ahead wtf makes you think we will win it now, we are on a downward spiral we will not be winning the lge now

• Advertisement

We desperately need a midfielder who can control the tempo of the game.

We need one who can score and create goals too. Aside from a brief flurry from Shaqiri we don't get any.

gstack166 wrote: »
    Klopp has spent a fortune himself. Broke 2 world records in the process, regardless of money recuperated he’s still spent it.

Yea he spent it but also had to sell to spend it. City can just go and spend what they want and not worry about recuperating the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Klopp mentioned the wind again!!!!!!! Stop it man, it's maritime Atlantic weather.

At least we will set another record of being on top at Xmas and not winning it, we will have the honor of being the team to have done it twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Guy interviewing Klopp,
    ''5 draws in last seven, worrying.''

It would be if we had 5 draws in last seven.

We do. (Bayern)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

shamrock55 wrote: »
    At least we will set another record of being on top at Xmas and not winning it, we will have the honor of being the team to have done it twice

3 times it'll be now

We were 7 points ahead wtf makes you think we will win it now, we are on a downward spiral we will not be winning the lge now

Blip has to be over now, and what a blip, last 8 games 4 wins, 4 draws.
    We have a decent run now ,Burley, Fulham. Spurs at home. 9pts I feel.

Its been coming for a while now that they'd overtake us, being top dog doesn't suit these lads clearly so you'd have to hope now that its happened they can forget about it and refocus on the task at hand, win the games and see where it takes us. I still think we're a year ahead of where we should be, another summer of improvement and then leagues will be on but this is a chance still.

In my adult life I've never seen us win anything the easy way this is no different.

It took City till the last seconds of the last match to win their first premier league, we just need to keep in there and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We’ll win our next two and so will City and the league will be decided in April when City will likely have a crazy schedule of games and how they deal with it.

Jasus it seems like your revelling in the fact we may not win the league.

Gotta agree with Souness we need more creative midfielders.

Benimar wrote: »
    We do. (Bayern)

Yes, but why talk of another competition when talking about title race.

mightyreds wrote: »
    3 times it'll be now

Oh christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Capture6543.jpg

Still a twist to come, regardless it will go to the wire. Our form is the most worrying

When the pressure was really on, there's your answer to bottle. Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Blip has to be over now, and what a blip, last 8 games 4 wins, 4 draws.
    We have a decent run now ,Burley, Fulham. Spurs at home. 9pts I feel.

You are saying that with every match,how can you feel confident of 9 points with the way we are playing

Yea he spent it but also had to sell to spend it. City can just go and spend what they want and not worry about recuperating the money

Cou is all he sold that he would of held onto surely? Don’t start that craic, the team he inherited was mikes off challenging as the placings in the final table since he took over proves, he would never of touched this job without assurances he was to be given the money he wanted & needed to have them challenging.

He would of had his pick of top jobs in Europe before Liverpool, he knew he was going to be backed in the transfer market & he has been backed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Because it goes in cycles and can change quickly.

City could easily draw a game and Liverpool will have a chance.

Players can regroup, talk together and resolve issues and grow more determined.

They should not just give up and do nothing which is what you are proposing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ricero wrote: »

If we win it he’d complain we didn’t get 100 points.

ricero wrote: »

No far from it I actually feel physically sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Klopp's decision making was far too like the United match for my liking..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yes, but why talk of another competition when talking about title race.

Ok then, it’s 4 of our last 6. Not quite as sh1t, but still sh1t enough to have cost us the league. IMO of course...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

On the subs thing, I'm far from convinced Keita or Shaq would've had the bottle to come into that bear pit and change the game.
    Edit: Bottle's not the right word. I don't think Milner lacks for bottle, but he wasn't at the races much either.

I'm not disagreeing with the praise he's gotten on here, but I think even Fabinho struggled with it at times. It was a really tough environment.

We've nothing for a week, and then Sunday Wednesday it's Burnley Bayern, so I think maybe we'll see a few more attack-minded players in to try and unpick Burnley before Klopp redeploys this same team (+Bobby) for Bayern, because ultimately this is the best we can put out.

That midfield goal-scoring thingy isn't a problem if your attackers turn up, you have more attacking mids on the bench, and hopefully it'll be further mitigated next season with the addition of another quality attacker. Origi did alright, but we probably needed another serious threat, or someone who could get on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Very frustrating result. As good as Liverpools attacking play has been the last season and a half, they're is always an underlying lack of killer instinct, particularly among the front three. Salah had 2 brilliant chances and really should have scored both.

No far from it I actually feel physically sick

Well then you need to relax and maybe not take it as serious. It's only a game. Maybe try get behind the lads for this run in and enjoy it. Who knows maybe we will get over the line. Don't give up until it's over.

Why wouldn't he bring on keita he waits a year for him then doesn't even play him, how the hell did klopp actually win the bundesliga his decision making leaves a lot to be desired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Front 3 crap so many sloppy wayward passes

Midfield doesnt have any creativity at all , if strikers dont score we are ****

gstack166 wrote: »
    Cou is all he sold that he would of held onto surely? Don’t start that craic, the team he inherited was mikes off challenging as the placings in the final table since he took over proves, he would never of touched this job without assurances he was to be given the money he wanted & needed to have them challenging.

He would of had his pick of top jobs in Europe before Liverpool, he knew he was going to be backed in the transfer market & he has been backed.

He has still had to sell to make the money to buy better players. He was not handed a blank cheque book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Feels like the league is lost now. We're not playing well enough to think we'll win more more points than City, and with a harder run-in too.

Klopp is looking at keita all week, I'm sure there's good reason why he didn't feature today.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I regret coming on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

1 point behind. 9 to play... this **** storm could have a great ending yet.

• Advertisement

He has still had to sell to make the money to buy better players. He was not handed a blank cheque book

Who has he sold bar Cou to recuperate the £40m on Salah & Ox, £60m on Alison, £70 odd on VVD, £50m on Fab around the same for Keita.

I know it’s not as much as Mourinho & Pep but he’s spent big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Klopp certainly seems bottling it under pressure, think we're starting to see why so often he's the bridesmaid and not the bride.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Not enough today. Very disappointing. Salah form worrying, only playing well in patches but just not razor sharp and we need him to be.VVD is the man in fairness.
    I think people are right on Klopp today, subs and decisions on the line were wrong imo. We needed to change things in midfield, Shaq I think was the call, not Milner. We have to go for this title , no point asking questions afterwards.
    2 points dropped again.
    Very difficult to see city stumbling in 2/3 matches now.
    We can only keeping plugging away in hope. A fighting chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Augeo wrote: »
    Klopp is looking at keita all week, I'm sure there's good reason why he didn't feature today.

He also said he was one of the first names on the team sheet about two weeks ago so its a weird one.....I dont understand how he brings on Lallana and leaves both Keita and Shaq on the bench when we need a goal. I'm sure theres a reasonable explanation but I'm struggling to think of one. Surely if they are on the bench they could play 10-20mins if fitness was an issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The subs weren't great.

But, bigger picture, it's a derby. These games are normally frantic and won on moments.

We had the best chances, and arguably our best attacker and finisher couldn't finish, or couldn't put a simple cross onto Mané or Milner's head. It happens.

As a whole, we were fine, and despite Tyler's orgasms at Everton's play, they were an awful lot of huff and puff and we weren't really in any danger.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement