Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

8-10 wrote: »
    Man of the Match for me was Michael Keane. We played into his hands a bit but he seemed to win everything. Great in the air and his challenge on Salah was excellent. We can talk about Salah's touch but he's a very dangerous player who regularly makes defenders look silly so to dive in and make that challenge in the 6-yd box and get it completely right was brave and probably saved them a goal. A different defender either let's him shoot or gives away a penalty.

Coleman was also decent but Keane gave one of those performances that average enough defenders annoyingly give against us regularly

VVD was easily motm, he looked like a colossus playing amongst little kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Have to win the 2 games before the break.

Need our attackers to step up & play Fab,Gini & Keita in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think people have to realise that with 9 games to go anything can happen.

I don't understand why people think that City will all their remaining games when they most likely won't.

City have already shown that they are capable of bad performances as we saw in December. Guardiola will certainly not be thinking he's won the league.

We've had a few poor games as well and that is why there's only 1 point between us. They are two very evenly matched sides who are going to battle it out.

Injuries are going to play a part. Pressure will play a part. Nobody knows the future.

So Klopp & Co have to keep fighting and make sure they're in the mix at the end and they'll have a great chance of coming out on top.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm annoyed that we didn't win. I'm annoyed that our attackers (Mane aside mostly) have forgotten how to score. I'm annoyed that we are now second.

However, I'm also annoyed that our results are only seen in context of those around us. If we had these exact same results any other season, other than this and the 2 previous ones probably, we would be lauded as one of the best teams ever. Not winning the league would be a shame, but to completely disregard the fact that City will still probably get a top 3 points total ever to win the league is to only focus on the negatives.

In 2 games time we could (and should) have more points than last seasons total, and the same as the year before. We could still win the league although we are clearly not favourites and need to discover how to win tight games again, but there are still far more positives than negatives out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    It was a derby, they put a dent in Liverpools title race, why would they not celebrate it? Considering their position and poor results of late, keeping a clean sheet and grabbing a point was a good result

You're correct.

If they were celebrating a good performance and a clean sheet against a title contender, that's fine. But let's call a spade a spade.

https://twitter.com/squadxtra/status/1102271855623327750?s=19

The majority of Everton fans' only focus yesterday was stopping Liverpool, and that young fan is the personification of what the fans wanted to achieve. Don't kid yourself.

If as an Everton fan, you're just delighted with a draw, go for it. Celebrate. It's your entitlement and right. But I suspect if Everton fans were honest with themselves, it was far more about fúcking us up a bit. And there's nothing wrong with that. But own it. Say it. Don't pretend it was about a performance and all about Everton.

Be honest. Their happiness is more about what they did to Liverpool than what they achieved themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Wish Klopp would stop with the excuses again yesterday blaming the wind it’s getting embarrassing at this stage between wind and rain this season guess we will have to stop singing “walk on through wind walk on through the rain” 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

shamrock55 wrote: »
    This team just doesn't have the stomach for a fight

Will, you ever fcuk off. We don't have the fight are you having a laugh ?.

If we didn't have the fight we wouldn't be where we are now.

Like these fcuking twats on BBC radio last night calling for the managers head, Liverpool bottlers etc.

We have lost 1 game away to the champions

Were city bottlers when they lost to Newcastle and Palace ?. No, they weren't. the media just love to spin the narrative that Liverpool can't handle the pressure etc.

I have been a Liverpool fan 35 years, through thick and thin. We are in the best position we have been in the last 20 years. The problem is there has never been a team like City in the past and that's including the United (during Fergie's glory years), Arsenal (Invincibles) and Jose's Chelsea.

They are a juggernaut of a team and the fact that we are even in the same title conversation says a lot about how well we are doing this season.

Let's say we finish above 93 pts, but City wins the league well they deserve it cause they have been the best fcuking team no complaints.

I'll be there end April in Anfield cheering us on whether we in contention for the league or not.

There are 9 games left, lots of points to be played for by both teams. Let's enjoy this fcuking ride and see where we come in the middle of May.

YNWA .

UP THE FCUKING REDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

SlickRic wrote: »
    You're correct.

If they were celebrating a good performance and a clean sheet against a title contender, that's fine. But let's call a spade a spade.

https://twitter.com/squadxtra/status/1102271855623327750?s=19

The majority of Everton fans' only focus yesterday was stopping Liverpool, and that young fan is the personification of what the fans wanted to achieve. Don't kid yourself.

If as an Everton fan, you're just delighted with a draw, go for it. Celebrate. It's your entitlement and right. But I suspect if Everton fans were honest with themselves, it was far more about fúcking us up a bit. And there's nothing wrong with that. But own it. Say it. Don't pretend it was about a performance and all about Everton.

Be honest. Their happiness is more about what they did to Liverpool than what they achieved themselves.

They were singing Blue Moon leaving the ground, sums up that club.

5starpool wrote: »
    However, I'm also annoyed that our results are only seen in context of those around us. If we had these exact same results any other season, other than this and the 2 previous ones probably, we would be lauded as one of the best teams ever. Not winning the league would be a shame, but to completely disregard the fact that City will still probably get a top 3 points total ever to win the league is to only focus on the negatives.

If we don't win it, the narrative is set. We've bottled it.

As you've said, any other season, a couple of draws is tricky away games would be seen as tremendously gutsy.

Pep's City have changed the metrics of what is acceptable of a title challenger. That is being forgotten. Lineker keeps saying nobody has ever had our points total at this stage and not won the League, yet regularly and conveniently forgets to finish the equation - that no team with our total has ever had less than a 7 point lead at this stage.

And we're doing it with no discernible, reliable backup to any of our front 3 when their form goes momentarily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Listening to BBC radio is comedy gold when results go awry. Although I don't tune in after Liverpool have a bad result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

If we don't win it, the narrative is set. We've bottled it.

As you've said, any other season, a couple of draws is tricky away games would be seen as tremendously gutsy.

Pep's City have changed the metrics of what is acceptable of a title challenger. That is being forgotten. Lineker keeps saying nobody has ever had our points total at this stage and not won the League, yet regularly and conveniently forgets to finish the equation - that no team with our total has ever had less than a 7 point lead at this stage.

And we're doing it with no discernible, reliable backup to any of our front 3 when their form goes momentarily.

Pep's Citey have to be put into context though. They basically have an oil rich state bankrolling them. I'm not crying "that's not fair", but it's worth remembering when comparing the 2 sides, and bemoaning our lack of back up up front especially. Their goal on Saturday was scored by a fringe player, who cost close to what we payed for VVD. Comparing apples and oranges really.
    Anyhow, happy birthday to the King, 68 years young today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

Gini's lob and the other 4 goals came in games that we were already winning. Our midfield haven't put a single point on the table, they are not turning a 0-0 into a win.
    Shaq's brace against Utd?
    We've needed his long range ability in recent weeks but he's in Klopp's bad books for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Thud wrote: »
    Shaq's brace against Utd?
    We've needed his long range ability in recent weeks but he's in Klopp's bad books for some reason

What has been up with Shaq recently, hasn't had a look in the team in what feels like ages

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Klopp getting mad when questioned about 7 draws but City have 4 defeats but are above us, hinting at fact we don't go for the win when we should be. If we did go win one of those drawn games we would be top, it's a fair point I think.

Klopp makes a fair point. At no point this season has it ever looked like Liverpool were setting up to actually play for a draw. They go for the win, but you need balance in the team otherwise you could get crucified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Don't get the whole "pressure is on City now they are top" angle. Surely pressure is on pool knowing that realistically another game or two with dropped points and it's game over in terms of winning the league.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Pep's Citey have to be put into context though. They basically have an oil rich state bankrolling them. I'm not crying "that's not fair", but it's worth remembering when comparing the 2 sides, and bemoaning our lack of back up up front especially. Their goal on Saturday was scored by a fringe player, who cost close to what we payed for VVD. Comparing apples and oranges really.
    Anyhow, happy birthday to the King, 68 years young today

Not crying that’s not fair whilst crying about it not being fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Don't get the whole "pressure is on City now they are top" angle. Surely pressure is on pool knowing that realistically another game or two with dropped points and it's game over in terms of winning the league.

My only saving grace is that City winning their remaining 9 games doesnt seem possible. We could trade top spot a few more times. Also, has Pep's City faced a challenge this late into a season yet? Dont think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    It was a derby, they put a dent in Liverpools title race, why would they not celebrate it? Considering their position and poor results of late, keeping a clean sheet and grabbing a point was a good result

Meh, it's incredibly small time to the point of being irrelevant. They were actually wasting time at the end, a complete lack of ambition for a game they arguably enjoyed the upper hand in late in the second half. That type of attitude ensures they will never be relevant in a competitive sense. It's an attitude that creates a cancer at a club, choking its ability to push on and compete throughout every facet of how the club is run.

Everton have finished ahead of us in the table twice in 20 years - on both occasions we went on to lift a trophy a few weeks later. Their draw yesterday was the footballing equivalent of getting a stone stuck in your shoe. Mildly irritating, but you discard it and move on with your day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think we still have a good chance.

Much easier schedule compared to City.

City have Palace away & Man Utd away. Spurs at home,Leicester at home after a tough schedule will be tough as well. Burnley away not easy either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I keep hearing Everton could of won that game yesterday.

When? I can't remember Alisson making a save.

• Advertisement

70 points after 29 games with a goal difference of +49.

I'm not going to be annoyed, why would you be bothered? We have a great team in the midst of a great season. What will be will be, they've been great regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Meh, it's incredibly small time to the point of being irrelevant. They were actually wasting time at the end, a complete lack of ambition for a game they arguably enjoyed the upper hand in late in the second half. That type of attitude ensures they will never be relevant in a competitive sense. It's an attitude that creates a cancer at a club, choking its ability to push on and compete throughout every facet of how the club is run.

Everton have finished ahead of us in the table twice in 20 years - on both occasions we went on to lift a trophy a few weeks later. Their draw yesterday was the footballing equivalent of getting a stone stuck in your shoe. Mildly irritating, but you discard it and move on with your day.

This genuinely made me laugh out loud at my desk :D

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think we still have a good chance.

City have Palace away & Man Utd away. Spurs at home,Leicester at home after a tough schedule will be tough as well. Burnley away not easy either.

We don't have a much easier schedule. We will quite likely drop somewhere between 2-7 points more this season. I hope we don't, but we probably will. I expect us to win our next 2 games easily enough though, so we should be getting to the 31st March ahead in the table by at least 2 points (although City will have a game in hand).

We will likely drop points in one/more games that we aren't expected to, and City may also do so as well. I hope that however it turns out that City don't just steamroller all teams between now and the end of the season, but even in the unlikely scenario that both teams win all remaining games we will have been seen to have 'bottled it' which is an opinion that would require anyone who actually believes it to be committed to an asylum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

City play before Liverpool in the majority of weekend games remaining. Pressure will be on both to win every game: City to stretch their league and then Liverpool to catch up.

It'll ebb and flow hopefully for the rest of the season. City had the league won by this time last year, it's great having a conversation about somebody being able to challenge them.

The one factor that might distract either team is the Champions League. Both teams are capable of going all the way in that competition and I really hope we go for it against Bayern. We've come a long long way in only 4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not been an ideal run in the past few games with a few draws thrown in but anybody saying its a bad season is on drugs - look at all the greens on this

D0xLbN_XcAE4_CH.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

City play before Liverpool in the majority of weekend games remaining. Pressure will be on both to win every game: City to stretch their league and then Liverpool to catch up.

It'll ebb and flow hopefully for the rest of the season. City had the league won by this time last year, it's great having a conversation about somebody being able to challenge them.

The one factor that might distract either team is the Champions League. Both teams are capable of going all the way in that competition and I really hope we go for it against Bayern. We've come a long long way in only 4 years.

This weekend City will play 1st. Weekend after Liverpool will play in the league while Man City will be playing in the Cup, so Liverpool will go a game ahead until Man City play Man Utd on 24th April, they could go 2 games ahead if Man City win in the Cup then City will have to squeeze in a 2nd game in hand against Cardiff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

We can talk all we like about what City are doing, but if we can't win our games....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The nature of this specific title race though, I really don't see how the pressure is on city. The feverish longing of every Liverpool supporter to see them win it, the almost giddy anticipation of the majority of other football fans waiting for them to "bottle" it, city squad have been there and done it while pool haven't yet, pool having been top of league since December when same games were played and now chasing again. It's not game over and there's still a chance, but IMO pressure is all on Liverpool after yesterday.

ebbsy wrote: »
    We can talk all we like about what City are doing, but if we can't win our games....

We can't win all our games. We never were going to win all our games though, were we?

2.41 ppg. We're on course to finish with 92 points. If that doesn't win the league so be it. What can you do? If the standard is perfection or near to it well that's just a tough beat - I can happily take losing under those circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Yeah I don't get that neither. What pressure? They were 7 points behind and now 1 point ahead. Sounds a bit dumb to me if someone thinks behind a point ahead has more pressure than being 7 behind.

Pressure is all on Liverpool. We have went from clear favourites to win the league to a laughing stock(for non LFC fans) within 2 months.

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't get that neither. What pressure? They were 7 points behind and now 1 point ahead. Sounds a bit dumb to me if someone thinks behind a point ahead has more pressure than being 7 behind.

Pressure is all on Liverpool. We have went from clear favourites to win the league to a laughing stock(for non LFC fans) within 2 months.

Obviously neither were / are true.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea it’s pure nonsense.

Same with all this “City won’t win all their games” stuff. Just trying to put a positive spin on what has been a disappointing spell.

City might not win all their games. Neither will we. We need city to completely bottle it at this stage, seems incredibly unlikely given their experience at being in this position.

Yesterday’s result is not even the problem. That was not a bad result. Neither was a point away to United. Getting beat by City not an issue either. Dropping points against Leicester and West Ham is what is going to cost us. Those were the games you need to win so that you can afford to drop points in the tough fixtures. We’d be sitting three points clear if we had got the results we should have got.

But now we’re sitting here talking about how Watford might beat City. Just blind hope really. Or how were first if you ignore city in the table, cause I hear there’s a trophy for that nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Sky Sports Germany reporting this morning that Klopp wants to replace Matip with Matthias Ginter at the end of the season. Spurs and Arsenal also in for Ginter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Obviously neither were / are true.

I'm not saying they're true. I'm ain't saying we have become a laughing stock, a joke, a meme in recent weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I'm not saying they're true. I'm ain't saying we have become a laughing stock, a joke, a meme in recent weeks.

I think Liverpool club and fans will always be laughed at by other fans and talked about. E.G. Dermot and Dave on Today FM talking about Liverpool's implosion!

Liverpool are still in a title race, yes not as good a position as before, but it isn't over yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

awec wrote: »
    Yea it’s pure nonsense.

Same with all this “City won’t win all their games” stuff. Just trying to put a positive spin on what has been a disappointing spell.

City might not win all their games. Neither will we. We need city to completely bottle it at this stage, seems incredibly unlikely given their experience at being in this position.

Yesterday’s result is not even the problem. That was not a bad result. Neither was a point away to United. Getting beat by City not an issue either. Dropping points against Leicester and West Ham is what is going to cost us. Those were the games you need to win so that you can afford to drop points in the tough fixtures. We’d be sitting three points clear if we had got the results we should have got.

But now we’re sitting here talking about how Watford might beat City. Just blind hope really. Or how were first if you ignore city in the table, cause I hear there’s a trophy for that nowadays.

What is all this take of "bottling" it all the time? It's become the most annoying phrase/mentality over the last season.

If either team wins the league by a up to 3 points then it does not mean the second place team have bottled it.

For Liverpool to win the league they just need to get 2 more points than City in the next 9 games each.

That could come down to one drawn game by City, that is not bottling it.

Teams draw and lose games, it's completely normal.

Hoping that Watford beat City is not blind hope it's just hoping. Nobody expected Newcastle to beat City but it happened.

Nobody expected Liverpool to draw against Leicester but it happened.

There's going to be more tough games ahead for both and nobody knows what's going to happen except neither team is going to bottle it.

we were never clear favourites for anyone with a modicum of sense.

that was a combination of media hyperbole, and rivals wanting to put us on pedestal so that if we win, they can go 'well you should have, you were favourites', and if we lose, they can call us bottlers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

We're not in a bad spot at all.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

murpho999 wrote: »
    What is all this take of "bottling" it all the time? It's become the most annoying phrase/mentality over the last season.

If either team wins the league by a up to 3 points then it does not mean the second place team have bottled it.

For Liverpool to win the league they just need to get 2 more points than City in the next 9 games each.

That could come down to one drawn game by City, that is not bottling it.

Teams draw and lose games, it's completely normal.

Hoping that Watford beat City is not blind hope it's just hoping. Nobody expected Newcastle to beat City but it happened.

Nobody expected Liverpool to draw against Leicester but it happened.

There's going to be more tough games ahead for both and nobody knows what's going to happen except neither team is going to bottle it.

It could come down to one drawn game for city, if Liverpool win every single match. Why do people always ignore the second half of the equation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

we were never clear favourites for anyone with a modicum of sense.

that was a combination of media hyperbole, and rivals wanting to put us on pedestal so that if we win, they can go 'well you should have, you were favourites', and if we lose, they can call us bottlers.

This is absolute drivel on the 30/1/2019 Liverpool were 1/4 to win the league and you say we were never favourites ����

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Win our next two games and we will be top going into the international break all be it playing a game more than Man City.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

MD1990 wrote:

Debatable. Both have 2 noticeably tough games. The biggest threat to City now is fatigue; for us it's the Jekyll and Hyde performances as of late. I'm not holding out hope for them to implode or be distracted in Europe as I feel Liverpool need City to drop off in the run in.
    Sky Sports Germany reporting this morning that Klopp wants to replace Matip with Matthias Ginter at the end of the season. Spurs and Arsenal also in for Ginter

Plays with Gladbach. Was playing on Saturday there vs Bayern. Not blaming it all on him but they were as bad a team defensively as I've seen this season in that game. If it wasn't for Sommer in goal they'd have lost by more than 4, conceded a minute in & Lewandowski had nearly scored after 30 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is absolute drivel on the 30/1/2019 Liverpool were 1/4 to win the league and you say we were never favourites ����

Bookies odds are massively influenced by fools and their money though. They were probably seeing a heap of bets coming in on Liverpool to win the league and just slashed the odds to try and protect themselves somewhat if they did actually win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

0-0 and we replace Gini and Mane with Milner and Lallana.......Lallana....let that sink in

Klopp tried to not lose the game rather than win it......a few weeks ago Keita was one of the first names on the team sheet, now he cant get any minutes.

I wouldnt be too upset had we drew or lost trying to win the game.

Cmpare this to Utd in their pomp.......Ferguson would have made changes to force the game....we didnt. I fully expect City to win all their games, bar maybe Utd away......we have Spurs and Chelsea which are tougher than Everton away

It looks like we are losing a league title, by being afraid to try and win it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

ricero wrote: »
    Win our next two games and we will be top going into the international break all be it playing a game more than Man City.
    Yep, bang on, and I'm focusing on the fact they play Spurs and Utd in a 5 day period when Utd will still be fighting for a CL place, especially if Chelsea can win their game in hand and get back some consistency. It's not fun, it's stressful but that's what being a fan is all about. Up the Reds

• Advertisement

Laughing stock. Dermot & Dave.

Fcking hell. The nonsense that is peddled at times is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Grueller

5starpool wrote: »
    Laughing stock. Dermot & Dave.

Fcking hell. The nonsense that is peddled at times is amazing.

Dermot and Dave says it all. Pair of bell ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Boom_Bap wrote: »

People panicking and complaining just come across as throwing their toys out of the pram to me tbh.

1 points behind, on pace for 92 points, and people are losing their mind. As if the last 10 years of supporting this team has seen us anywhere near this level. Baffling tbh.

Anfield should be rocking and fans should be buzzing with the situation we are in, but instead its somehow souring and there's a large contingency who are fearful, angry, and bizarrely entitled. As if we should be steamrolling our way through every game and anything below that gets whistled like the Bernabeu crowd booing their all time greats.

I think a lot of the noise has to be ignored, gather some perspective, and focus on how far this team has come and the platform we have to push on and challenge for not only this title, but many others of the next few years.

Stop ****ting the bed as fans and enjoy the run.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think a lot of the fans remember a few years ago and are fearing the worst.
    At the moment we are in a week by week shoot out with City, and in my eyes, it's super f*cking exciting and this weekend was just another twist in the tale.
    Even if we don't win the EPL this league, it's been excellent so far and a rollercoaster ride of emotions.
    City are hitting a bit of an injury crisis like what we had a few weeks back so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

As fans you see the pressure because it's been so long since we've seen a league win but as I've said before we have plenty of players with league medals elsewhere: Wijnaldum, van Dijk, Salah, Mané, Fabinho, Milner, Alisson, Lovren, Sturridge, Shaqiri and Klopp himself.

It's not like 2014 when it was the first chance for the squad to win a league and the manager as well. This is a good team with youth and experience. City are the best team in the history of the league coming off a 100-pt season.

I can't wait for the Burnley game. This isn't something I'd have said a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement