Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Once again you completely miss the gist of what a poster is saying. He never said that they were breaking premier League rules he said it looks very likely that city have been diddlying their books to gain a competitive advantage. And imo if right was right city should have to face similar punishments from the FA that uefa look like they might deal out to them if city are found guilty of corruption.

P.s. any sign of that bet slip you were called out on?

Absolute rubbish, if they’re breaking no premier league rules then how are they stopping Liverpool from ‘winning number 20’ as he suggested? That’s the gist of his post and that’s what I’ve called out on.

Definitely ain’t posting what looks like a losing bet slip now am I. That would be aftertiming after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ole could be our blessing in disguise because at least United now have something to play for and, hopefully, won't roll over when city visit them. Also spurs behind dragged into the 4th place dog fight too could work for us. 9 games to go... Let's just see where it takes us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

gstack166 wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish, if they’re breaking no premier league rules then how are they stopping Liverpool from ‘winning number 20’ as he suggested? That’s the gist of his post and that’s what I’ve called out on.

Definitely ain’t posting what looks like a losing bet slip now am I. That would be aftertiming after all.

By being diddlying their books!! Jesus. How can you not grasp this :) right I'll break it down for ya what he was saying seeing as you are having difficulty understanding.

If city dont have dodgy financial deals in place then they wouldn't have been able to buy some (not all) of the players to help them to their premier league wins.

Comprende?

As for your bet slip....well now, we all know it didn't exist now did it. Just more spoofing :)

By being diddlying their books!! Jesus. How can you not grasp this :) right I'll break it down for ya what he was saying seeing as you are having difficulty understanding.

If city dont have dodgy financial deals in place then they wouldn't have been able to buy some (not all) of the players to help them to their premier league wins.

Comprende?

As for your bet slip....well now, we all know it didn't exist now did it. Just more spoofing :)

Jesus how can you not grasp this. I’ll break it down for you, what I’m saying is, if FFP wasn’t in place then City wouldn’t have had to cook the books (if indeed they have, innocent till proven guilty an all) and they could of went about their business the same as every other club who’ve spent an owners money & even double the amount that they have spent as it wouldn’t of been an issue because there’s no Premier League rule about the money you spent.

See what I’m getting at here? Cooking the books or not cooking the books has zero effect on Liverpool’s league challenge. Zero. Wouldn’t of had an effect 10 years ago, 30 years ago and for the foreseeable future. So why did he say it does?

Not sure who ‘we’ are that you mention about bet slips, you’re the only one ever on about it. Must have a Paddy Power getting maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Comprende?

City have other problems coming their way.......FIFA/UEFA are investigaging them for deals done with underage players. They could face a similar ban to Chelsea if not a little harder as it is not their first offence.

Chelseas only reason for signing Pulisic in the winter window was they knew the transfer ban was coming......people here laughed when I said it.
    City will have a similar faith...biggest name under investigation is Sancho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Jesus how can you not grasp this. I’ll break it down for you, what I’m saying is, if FFP wasn’t in place then City wouldn’t have had to cook the books (if indeed they have, innocent till proven guilty an all) and they could of went about their business the same as every other club who’ve spent an owners money & even double the amount that they have spent as it wouldn’t of been an issue because there’s no Premier League rule about the money you spent.

See what I’m getting at here? Cooking the books or not cooking the books has zero effect on Liverpool’s league challenge. Zero. Wouldn’t of had an effect 10 years ago, 30 years ago and for the foreseeable future. So why did he say it does?

Not sure who ‘we’ are that you mention about bet slips, you’re the only one ever on about it. Must have a Paddy Power getting maybe.

Guilty as hell. You've read the leaks if you're commenting on it, I assume? Flouting FFP rules has undoubtedly enabled them to strengthen their squad whilst other teams - ourselves included - have had to tighten their belts. It's pretty clear they've ignored the rules as they were written.

Exactly like you just said, city allegedly cooked the books. Just because the fa don't penalise like uefa do on breach of ffp does not make it right. That's what the poster was saying. There was all kinds of dodgy shít going on with the naming rights of their stadium along with the rest. We all know the fa don't have the same rules as uefa on ffp. Pretty damning that a corrupt organisation like uefa have a better stance on allegedly corrupt clubs like city than the fa do. Now I can't make that any clearer for you what the poster was saying. :)

You know what I mean when I said 'we' in relation to your imaginary betslip. I and two other posters called you out on it in the match thread. It was those posters who actually asked you to post it up first not me. But nope you never replied to any of their posts just scurried off back to the city thread. :)

Have a look back through it if your memory is affecting you!

mosstin wrote: »
    Guilty as hell. You've read the leaks if you're commenting on it, I assume? Flouting FFP rules has undoubtedly enabled them to strengthen their squad whilst other teams - ourselves included - have had to tighten their belts. It's pretty clear they've ignored the rules as they were written.

I’ve read them yeah, I ain’t no lawyer though. Are Der Speigel creditable now though after openingly admitting reporters fabricate stories and paid sources to tell them lies? Honest question.

If they’re proven guilty then they deserve the rightful punishment but until then let’s wait and not pass judgement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Ole could be our blessing in disguise because at least United now have something to play for and, hopefully, won't roll over when city visit them. Also spurs behind dragged into the 4th place dog fight too could work for us. 9 games to go... Let's just see where it takes us.

At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he started pandering to the fans by playing a few kids in the game. Wouldn't be surprised if they got well beaten either way anyway.

• Advertisement

Actually this is starting to take the same hilarious route as the Mahrez minutes of play shíte the same poster was banging on about a few weeks ago :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads your not going to convince gstack to change his opinion. It's like the Mahrez debate all over again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

The emails and correspondence have been published for all to read this weekend. They're guilty as hell but there'll be nothing done about it because the emails were obtained illegally and City aren't going to hand them over to UEFA and do themselves in. I do wonder if the UK financial authorities might take an interest since its essentially financial fraud to be misrepresenting incomes etc.

Back to the footy though, they're a bloody good team so I'm glad we're giving them a run for their money cos that means we're one too. As for the run in, the Chelsea game worries me most, we don't have a great record against them, especially at home, have to go back to the 2011/12 season to find a home league win against them although we've a couple of away wins more recently.

Actually this is starting to take the same hilarious route as the Mahrez minutes of play shíte the same poster was banging on about a few weeks ago :D

Then why stalk me & reply to every comment I make if it’s ****e that I talk all the time? I won’t be replying no more to you because you do not but troll posters, I’ve read your posts. I come on here & stayed from day 1 in a city fan and try engaging in chat with my opinions, sometimes I’m wrong yeah, so what? I don’t insult people, try to belittle them, call people who I don’t know as bluffers or liars for the things they say. We can’t be all high and mighty like you with elephants memory.

Take care, I’m pressing the mute button now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maxi Gomez being linked today with Suarez recommending him a £35m price tag.

Also talk about Isco at £50m.

Then why stalk me & reply to every comment I make if it’s ****e that I talk all the time? I won’t be replying no more to you because you do not but troll posters, I’ve read your posts. I come on here & stayed from day 1 in a city fan and try engaging in chat with my opinions, sometimes I’m wrong yeah, so what? I don’t insult people, try to belittle them, call people who I don’t know as bluffers or liars for the things they say. We can’t be all high and mighty like you with elephants memory.

Poster openly admits that he is wrong in some of his posts and lied(forgot) about other posts he made. Gets mad when other poster points this out to him.

And I think you need to look up the definition of stalking. I being a Liverpool fan post in Liverpool related threads. You're the city lad that is obsessed with everything to do with Liverpool on here. You were laughed out of the united thread when you went in there bítching about Liverpool.

Childish behaviour if you can't hack your bullshít being rightfully called out.

G'luck now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Do you fry your books or oven them?

Tried microwaving them once but they came out scrambled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We need another Maxi,
    Maxi Rodríguez, Suarez and Bellamy were a decent front 3 when we had them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

9 wins in a row are needed IMO. Team is good enough to deliver. 8 wins & 1 draw may not be good enough that's how tight this run in is going to be. Team can deliver 9 in a row, 1st team up Burnley...lets get going again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Maxi Gomez being linked today with Suarez recommending him a £35m price tag.

Also talk about Isco at £50m.

Anyone watch enough Celta Vigo to know if he is ready to step up and not be Iago Aspas v2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone watch enough Celta Vigo to know if he is ready to step up and not be Iago Aspas v2

Watched one game this season with Celta playing I think he is an out and out striker not sure if he can play left or right in a front 3.

I'm sure there are others who would know better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Talk has started already about whether we can hold on to VVD...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Talk has started already about whether we can hold on to VVD...

Talk by who? And no one is shelling out the type of cash it would take for Liverpool to even consider it.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Talk by who? And no one is shelling out the type of cash it would take for Liverpool to even consider it.

Garth Crooks on the BBC website

o-CROOKS-570.jpg?strip=all

He's not all there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

9 wins in a row are needed IMO. Team is good enough to deliver. 8 wins & 1 draw may not be good enough that's how tight this run in is going to be. Team can deliver 9 in a row, 1st team up Burnley...lets get going again!

I don't believe 9 wins will be required as I fully expect that both sides will drop points in the run in. IMO 7 wins from the last 9 games for either side will win them the league. That would leave the title winning mark at 91/92 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Garth crooks doesn't even listen to garth crooks

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Garth crooks doesn't even listen to Garth Brooks

True, and it's a shame

Henderson really wants that Champions League, keeps bringing it up.

“It’s no good talking about it, we have to respond on the pitch. We have a lot of games left to do that so it is down to us.

“There is still a long way to go so we’ll keep fighting.
    “Football is a lot to do with mentality. Obviously talent is important, and we’ve got that in abundance, but what we need to show most in the next nine games – and in the Champions League – is our mentality.

“We can achieve what we want to achieve. It is down to us on the pitch to show that.

“What was missing against Everton? Scoring. We created enough to win the game, and if we’d scored one or two goals it would have been perfect.

“Everyone would have said, ‘It’s a good away performance in a derby’. But when you don’t score, people start analysing ­differently.”

“I think they are used to the pressure while for us it’s new. We just have to make sure that in the last nine games we give our all, and we’ll see what happens.”

0_Everton-v-Liverpool-Premier-League.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

:pac: good to see he's still living up to his reputation.

Real Madrid will be spending cash this year but it'll be on someone who'll put the ball in the net. On track to score about 30 goals fewer in the league than last year and with Bale falling out with everyone, they'll need two or three of them.

And I just can't see someone bidding what it would require to get Liverpool to even take it seriously.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6770971/Gary-Neville-urges-Liverpool-Champions-League-concentrate-PL-title.html

Gary Neville

'I'm going to say it, go out against Bayern Munich, it will be in Liverpool's favour if they have a clean run as they can get everyone fresh. ''

Trying to play mind games, trying to make sure we fail on both accounts.

• Advertisement

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/allardyce-believes-liverpool-have-blown-title-chance-4271354#popup-sso

Big Sap

“The pressure is enormous. Liverpool have only lost one game this season, and it looks to me like the fear of winning the league is as it was with Brendan [Rodgers] a few years ago," Allardyce said

“That is the big hurdle Klopp certainly faces – 'how do I mentally get my team over the line to try and win the league'.

“We thought they'd overcome those jitters in midweek when they won 5-0, but there were one or two moments yesterday where you thought they were going to win the game – but clinically they weren't good enough, a shower of bottlers who are afraid of success,It looks like a little bit of fear to me. Give me a year there and I'd win the league''

Kompany says

“Reaching 100 points - good luck to anyone who wants to do it over again," said the City skipper.

“That stands in isolation as an incredible achievement.

“We're playing as well as we can, nothing is going to take away from that. If Liverpool end up being even better than us, then that's credit to Liverpool.

“It can't be something that we've done wrong in this case, not with the amount of points we've got at this point and the way we've played so far and with the way we've approached every game.

“I think we're doing as good as a team can do but sometimes, if you want to talk about having back-to-back seasons, I'm sure not a lot of teams had to face the sort of opposition we have now with Liverpool.

“Liverpool are having the best season I've ever known them to have since I've been following the Premier League, so it's a strong team and we just need to raise our level every time."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Neil Lennon on soccer am mentioned that Virgil would walk into the Barca and Madrid sides and was surprised that the player wasn't signed up by a big PL club from Glasgow.

We can't score from a freekick, Virgil wins every ball in our box, none in the oppositions box, no midfielder will even shoot let alone go beyond the front 3. It's Mane or Salah or its 0 for us.

Virgil scored two headers less than a week ago;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Charlie19 wrote:
    Virgil scored two headers less than a week ago

We have the most goals from set pieces this season. Not sure how as some games the delivery from dead balls by Arnold, Milner & Salah was so bad I might as well have taken them.

ERG89 wrote: »
    We have the most goals from set pieces this season. Not sure how as some games the delivery from dead balls by Arnold, Milner & Salah was so bad I might as well have taken them.

Dont know why Salah takes so many dead balls especially free kicks, I dont he's ever scored one for us.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Dont know why Salah takes so many dead balls especially free kicks, I dont he's ever scored one for us.

Well I don't really see him getting a head on the end of a free kick to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Charlie19 wrote: »

Its him taking corners that gets me. You want your goal poacher in the box waiting on a breaking ball

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its him taking corners that gets me. You want your goal poacher in the box waiting on a breaking ball

That and he very rarely gets it past the first defender

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Cant bate a battered sausage to take the heat out of an argument. Coola Boola lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

I haven’t bothered reading back since the everton game. Why ? Cause I’m sure it’s all doom and gloom. We are in with a heck of a shout of winning league for first time in 29 years ( I can remember the last one ,and one before that. ) honestly if this current situation was offered to us back in August , how many would have turned it down ???? We need to relax and try and enjoy the ride. The scent of league glory is there. It won’t and hasn’t been easy. But we are in with a heck of a chance. I believe we will win it this season. That’s my opinion granted. It will be grand 😉

Not looking good now at all.

City should be easily mopping up 12 points from their next 4 games. Easily. Their next 3 games must be against the most porous defences in the league.

We have Spurs and Chelsea in our next 5 games. We would be doing well to have 9-11 points after those 5 games.

City could be 3 points clear at that stage with a game in hand.

City do have injuries, with the most important one being Fernandinho and now to a lesser extent KBD, but those injuries have come at a great time in that their fixtures are quite easy. They should cope.

All said it’s been a fantastic season and we are likely to finish in second place with a record league points tally for finishing second. Not much more we could do.

People need to understand the amount of money City are putting in to this ‘project’. Their squad has unbelievable depth. They are benching players that would be nailed-on starters for every other team in the league.

We are lucky to have Klopp but this is a very unfortunate period in league history to have him.

And now Pep is talking about needing to strengthen with 3-4 new players in the summer. Unreal. He won’t stop until he has bought the Champions League which is more difficult than buying the league because of the knockout stages. But he’ll be financially supported to the hilt.

Financial fair play was NEVER going to be a thing and that will allow City to dominate now for as long as the owners are still interested and that could be a very long time. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

ERG89 wrote: »

Invariably, that stat is flashed up on screen just before we smash the ball into the first defender (again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6770971/Gary-Neville-urges-Liverpool-Champions-League-concentrate-PL-title.html

Gary Neville

'I'm going to say it, go out against Bayern Munich, it will be in Liverpool's favour if they have a clean run as they can get everyone fresh. ''

Neville quite clearly trolling Liverpool fans. Throw the biggest club competition in the world? Idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ardent wrote: »
    Neville quite clearly trolling Liverpool fans. Throw the biggest club competition in the world? Idiot.

It was the same advice he had in the group stage iirc.
    If it were having a negative impact on the team it would be something but Liverpool have looked significantly worse after layoffs if anything. Keep waiting for the warm weather training to kick in and the team looks sharp but it hasn't happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Anyone think we should throw in a bid for Youri Tielemans in the summer? 40 m being bandied about this morning.
    I've seen him a few times at Leicester and he's already slotted right in there. Was the next big thing only a year or so ago - only 21 - looks a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Gary Neville

He has been saying Liverpool should go out from the group stage pay no heed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

SlickRic wrote: »
    typical 'protected by Fergie's brilliance' 30-40 year old Utd fan nonsense that I'm hearing all the time now.

Fergie never competed with something like Pep's juggernaut, and when he came up against the closest thing to it (Mourinho's Chelsea in 04/05), he was soundly beaten. City are probably going to hit 100 points and 90+ in two successive seasons. that is a a mental standard for anyone to compete with, but that context doesn't suit the trolling.

unadulterated success for 20 years breeds a special kind of arrogance in some people. win or nothing is the mentality because they were brought up on nothing else. their view of how these things work, and how success is defined, is utterly warped and without context, because for Fergie, most of the time, context didn't matter. he bought substandard personnel more regularly than many would admit, but he was such a genius of a motivator, tactician, and most importantly, in-game psychologist, that it often didn't matter.

as Lloyd said, this team is doing great. we should keep expecting more, because that's healthy, but don't lose sight of how well the team are doing.

Not sure I fully agree with that (though I'm older than 40 so not in the 'protected' bracket. I'm old enough to just about remember the end of Dave Sextons time and the beginning of Ron atkinson)

I do think though that (as with every walk of life in these days of social media, outrage over everything and instant gratification) there is a lot of revisionist history coming into play. Ferguson was a genius and got far more out of a lot of United teams than maybe anybody else could have but he also did it against some pretty damn good teams.

06-07 win the league ahead of Chelsea (CL semi-finalists) and Liverpool (Cl finalists)

07-08 Win the league and Cl ahead of Chelsea (Cl Finalists) and Arsenal with Liverpool also Cl Semi Finalists

08-09 Win the league ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea (Cl semi-finalists) and Arsenal (Cl Semi-Finalists)

hard to argue that the English league in that period wasn't one of the strongest set of players in the world.

Similarly in the 98-01 period there were some really good teams in England though that didn't translate as well into European competition.

However, getting to the main point about this season. I think regardless of who wins the league this year the other team will feel they let it slip. Whether it's the City blip in December or the Liverpool blip in the new year, both teams had chances to get an unassailable lead and failed to do so. I don't think that's bottling anything, it's just the nature of football. Played and managed by humans who make mistakes and can't operate at 100% all of the time.

In saying that, fans of both teams should be delighted with how the season went. The only two real contenders pretty much from the start of the season, playing some absolutely incredible football and both have been a joy to watch (I never want to see Liverpool win but I can be honest and appreciative of fantastic football)

Regardless of who wins the league this year I fully expect that next year both teams will be stronger again and that doesn't bode well for anybody else because the gap is already significant and I can't see how the rest can close it sufficiently in terms of transfers. It could be 3-5 years before any of the chasing pack catch up ala liverpool/everton in the mid 80's utd/arsenal in the 90's or united/chelsea in the '00s

These things are cyclical and Liverpool are in the middle of their best cycle for a long time. Trophies will follow, whether this year or the next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

He has been saying Liverpool should go out from the group stage pay no heed

A few here have also been saying that very same thing....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement