Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Or Ramos.

Ramos intentionally and self admitted got himself suspended for this game thinking they were already through to the next round.
    Nice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Ripping Real apart, delightfully so. I just hope they score again and the camera pans to Ramos's face.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Fair ****s to ajax, delighted for ramos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ha Ramos and Real arrogance came back to bite them big time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

CL is absolutely wide open this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

mosstin wrote: »
    CL is absolutely wide open this year.

If we made it through ( so unlikely ) we'll have a chance. Bayern must be one of the favourites now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Atletico would fancy themselves now even more so after tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If we made it through ( so unlikely ) we'll have a chance. Bayern must be one of the favourites now.

City, Barca and PSG are easily ahead of Bayern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Atletico would fancy themselves now even more so after tonight

If Liverpool get through they would be the team I'd like to avoid, can easily see them frustrating the hell out of us and edging the tie with their in game intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Why do you say that ****e?

One moron out of their fanbase.

noodler wrote: »
    Why do you say that ****e?

One moron out of their fanbase.

One arrested but it was more than one chanting it along with always the victim it’s never your fault during the game in Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Way to go taring all Everton fans with one brush. Cop yourself on.

If a United fan said your a scumbag because some random Liverpool fan sang horrible songs about their tragedy you'd be up in arms about been lumped in with those clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

One arrested but it was more than one chanting it along with always the victim it’s never your fault during the game in Sunday

Sure dont you know rival fans claim that song us about something else completely without actually identifying what that is.

I dont like to band fans together but every club does have a nasty element. A few of the london clubs one in particular has experienced it alot this season. Just something about the football supporters from london who are very pro brexit.

But it is unfair to tarnish the whole support because of a few (relative term) idiots. We have a few of our own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Hate Everton but the salty tears being cried by some Liverpool fans because they were celebrating drawing with us on Sunday is daft. Fully entitled to celebrate as it slightly derails our title bid. ****ty position for them to be reduced to, but we've done it in the past vs United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Burnley at home on Sunday.

I’d like to see both Keita and Shaq start.

Big call but I’d drop Salah to the bench.

At home would expect Liverpool to go all out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Nah, Salah is still doing a hell of a job. He is double marked every game now. Up to others to step up and exploit the space created. Would start Keita and bring on Shaq if needed. Can't help thinking Shaq has fallen out with someone though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Not even one arrested....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Salah has still been pretty good recently at home even though he hasn't been scoring as much. I'd let him play and hopefully he might find his scoring touch again for the run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Care to elaborate?

All clubs have toxic fans. Your generalisation is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Care to elaborate?

What do you expect? Over exaggartion all over the forum,no matter what? Just for kicks i suppose and trying to get a rise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Not even one arrested....

Are you having a go at the police? That crowd was 99.9% fine. It was nearly impossible to identify the 3 or 4 idiots who threw a bottle considering the amount of Pyro

In general though that was a terrific atmosphere and completely harmless but the tabloids as usual wanted to blow it out of all proportion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

8-10 wrote: »
    Are you having a go at the police? That crowd was 99.9% fine. It was nearly impossible to identify the 3 or 4 idiots who threw a bottle considering the amount of Pyro

In general though that was a terrific atmosphere and completely harmless but the tabloids as usual wanted to blow it out of all proportion

Totally writing off a bus is harmless is today’s world?

gstack166 wrote: »

I am saying that the crowd in general was harmless. Somebody threw a bottle against the side window and smashed it. The bus wasn’t written off, where did you read that? It couldn’t be driven until the window was fixed.

As others have posted, all clubs have idiots but it’s a tiny proportion of the fan base and that incident was a good example of it. The media and opposition fans will try to make it out like it was a crowd of scumbags out of control but that wasn’t the reality that evening. Crowd was predominantly people over 30 with plenty of women and a smattering of children all singing and having a good time. Allowing the younger lads climb into the roof of the Arkles with cans was not the best idea.

Care to elaborate?

Everton fans have for years now been using those chants at games so only right they are called out on them.

Man City fans have also been caught on video throwing things at a bus so you can’t take the high road on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

See what you started :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Man City fans have also been caught on video throwing things at a bus so you can’t take the high road on that

Who was? I never do. You cannot deny Liverpool fans were out of line that night is all I saying.

They’re made out that they were choir boys on this thread which isn’t true. Otherwise FIFA wouldn’t of charged them.

Who was? I never do. You cannot deny Liverpool fans were out of line that night is all I saying.

They’re made out that they were choir boys on this thread which isn’t true. Otherwise FIFA wouldn’t of charged them.

Some Liverpool fans were. Not Liverpool fans were.

Like it was pointed out, City fans pelted a United bus full of fans two weeks later. Was it all City fans? No.

Never denied anything what Liverpool fans have done. No body has made them out as choir boys

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Some Liverpool fans were. Not Liverpool fans were.

Like it was pointed out, City fans pelted a United bus full of fans two weeks later. Was it all City fans? No.

I never painted all Liverpool fans with the same brush whatsoever. The post I replied to said ‘the crowd that night was 99.9% fine’

It wasn’t & that’s all I’m saying. Nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Pochettino is banned from the touchline in our game against Spurs

I never painted all Liverpool fans with the same brush whatsoever. The post I replied to said ‘the crowd that night was 99.9% fine’

Yes it was, what are you basing your opinion on? The vast vast majority were perfectly behaved with a small minority who threw something, likely with too much drink taken

• Advertisement

You said Liverpool Fans. That is including all Liverpool fans. You know exactly what you we're saying so don't try play dumb now.

There were probably close to 60k people there that night and most likely less than 100 throwing bottles. That's far less than 0.1% of the fans there.

You said Liverpool Fans. That is including all Liverpool fans. You know exactly what you we're saying so don't try play dumb now.

There were probably close to 60k people there that night and most likely less than 100 throwing bottles. That's far less than 0.1% of the fans there.

If clubs came out & issued statements apologising to the opposition team, managers asked on pre match press conferences, if main talking points before the game & back pages were full because of the actions of ‘less than 0.1% of the fans there’ at the game, then someone has the numbers wrong, & UEFA wouldnt have charged the club.

If clubs came out & issued statements apologising to the opposition team, managers asked on pre match press conferences, if main talking points before the game & back pages were full because of the actions of ‘less than 0.1% of the fans there’ at the game, then someone has the numbers wrong, & UEFA wouldnt have charged the club.

You haven't a clue.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

How many fans were involved then? Enlighten us. If you know if was more than 0.1% then you surely have a more definite amount for this particular incident.

Much much less than 100. I'd estimate it was comfortably less than 10 who threw bottles, with maybe a dozen more throwing something light like an empty can.

I actually didn't personally see any bottle be thrown but my best guess is that's what shattered the window as a can wouldn't do that.

Either way, yes it was definitely a very very small minority of a very large crowd.

Most people in the crowd had their phones out for photos and videos, unsurprising given the social media culture these days. And there were plenty of families and tourists around. It was a great atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why are you indulging this fella? Let's move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Was he singing stupid chants and throwing bottles too? :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why are you indulging this fella? Let's move on.

Better to talk about bottling a bus than bottling the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

8-10 wrote: »
    Much much less than 100. I'd estimate it was comfortably less than 10 who threw bottles, with maybe a dozen more throwing something light like an empty can.

Carefully watching the video on the previous page - The bus got hit approximately 200 times over a long stretch

Comfortably less than 10 :rolleyes:

Ridiculous!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

This is bad news. Their players will be fired up for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

ok there was hundreds throwing things. they were dicks. absolute dopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

In fairness we probably wouldn't still be talking about the bus incident only it had such a detrimental effect on the City players causing them to subsequently lose 3-0 on the night and 5-1 on aggregate.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Carefully watching the video on the previous page - The bus got hit approximately 200 times over a long stretch

Comfortably less than 10 :rolleyes:

Ridiculous!

I was talking specifically bottles which is what I said. As I say there were also cans thrown, I certainly didn't see hundreds of people throwing things though. I didn't watch the video but I will now, just going off memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Then why stalk me & reply to every comment I make if it’s ****e that I talk all the time? I won’t be replying no more to you because you do not but troll posters, I’ve read your posts. I come on here & stayed from day 1 in a city fan and try engaging in chat with my opinions, sometimes I’m wrong yeah, so what? I don’t insult people, try to belittle them, call people who I don’t know as bluffers or liars for the things they say. We can’t be all high and mighty like you with elephants memory.

Take care, I’m pressing the mute button now.

Ah gstack back again :)

This the same poster only a couple of days ago who was crying about being called out on his bull on this thread.

Only response out of him then was to accuse someone of trolling and block them.

The lad is not able to debate lads:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm surprised all teams haven't worked out that throwing bottles at the City bus is the way to beat them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement