Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Still only 4 points clear in my mind, until City have played on Monday night taking their game in hand as 3 points

Huge win. Very impressive.

That was a huge result from a potential banana skin. Puts the city defeat to bed.

****ing delighted with that!

*cracks open beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Can relax now and enjoy the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Still only 4 points clear in my mind, until City have played on Monday night taking their game in hand as 3 points

That's the wrong thinking, it's points on the board. The pressure is on them we are 7 clear until city kick a ball.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Huge win. Very impressive.

That was a huge result from a potential banana skin. Puts the city defeat to bed.

****ing delighted with that!

*cracks open beer

And our 2 game losing streak 🙄 not sure how 2 games is a streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If the ‘January blues’ mentioned because we hadn’t scored in 20 minutes mean we get similar results in every game this month I’ll gladly welcome them back .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love know if Linda does these or is it he PA.

https://twitter.com/Linda_Pizzuti/status/1084138871095549953

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Solid result from Liverpool in a game I thought they may have struggled against.

The clean sheet speaks volumes in how far they've come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

rob316 wrote: »
    That's the wrong thinking, it's points on the board. The pressure is on them we are 7 clear until city kick a ball.

Thinking of others trying to say Liverpool bottled a 7 point lead when it is not 7 points until city have played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Twitter, BBC, Sky Sports......
    The luxury of a smartphone.

If a player did that to your team would you seriously consult the smart phone before opting to join your fellow supporters? Hmm

Both teams could have gone till midnight and still not score from open play today not that hard to see Brighton fans aggrieved a silly pen cost them a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Keita comes on for 30 seconds, loses the ball because he's fouled and lads are saying his head isn't in the game.

Very disingenuous post.

There was also the failure to head to the corner.

As an aside, not only didn't I not think that was a foul but he practically stopped in claiming for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

A lot of others bitching about the peno...i agree maybe Liverpool got a couple of soft ones recently but that's a foul. Bitterness is still strong I see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

In fairness to fans (of all teams) no matter how blatant the penalty is there's no harm continually booing the player who won it, chanting 'cheat, cheat', and singing '1-0 to the referee'.
    There's no actual downside and as an upside you just might convince a really weak referee that he's dropped a clanger and should consider evening it up.
    The only harm is that you look idiotic, which they did.
    The weakest of refs at that level won’t be affected when it was a clear pen. The fans only ramped it up and up, but the ref still penalized their players when they gave away a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Did they have a shot on target? Not the Alison save,that was going wide.

Still think the odd shot from just outside the box will give teams something else to consider,we rarely do it these days.

If a player did that to your team would you seriously consult the smart phone before opting to join your fellow supporters? Hmm

Both teams could have gone till midnight and still not score from open play today not that hard to see Brighton fans aggrieved a silly pen cost them a point.
    Not immediately, but yeah, I’d check it. Not still boo 20mins later.
    It was also clear and obvious at the time.

Being aggravated that your own player gave away a dumb pen is fine; booing the guy who was fouled for the rest game....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Being aggravated that your own player gave away a dumb pen is fine; booing the guy who was fouled for the rest game....

I'm not really sure that's realistic behaviour when you are supporting your team at a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    A lot of others bitching about the peno...i agree maybe Liverpool got a couple of soft ones recently but that's a foul. Bitterness is still strong I see

Havent seen the peno yet but le Tissier seemed to think it was a stone wall pne

rob316 wrote: »
    And our 2 game losing streak 🙄 not sure how 2 games is a streak

A streak is literally putting together a sequence of consequtive of the same (negative/positive) results. I'm afraid 2 losses is actually a streak by definition not by the view of Rob316.

A streak is literally putting together a sequence of consequtive of the same (negative/positive) results. I'm afraid 2 losses is actually a streak by definition not by the view of Rob316.

You seem to be taking this badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Still 4 points clear, team did a job today against a team who defend very well. Last season we would have taken a point or less.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »

He can find company in this forum though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's on!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

Am I the only one who thought Klopp got this game wrong and that 4-2-3-1 (read 4-2-4) was basically one attacker too many and one midfielder too few? While the formation has served well it clearly comes a bit unstuck against sides that defend deep and persistently so, the side needed a free body to make the runs with the ball from deep so Hendo/Wiji could happily be left to sit besides one another in a non-pivoting shield.

So by not checking immediately you're saying that your views won't be swayed by the reactions of your own supporters in the meantime find that hard to believe really.

Football supporters will grab a scapegoat for scrutiny in almost every game you see, guy won a penalty that he converted it cost the home team he was the obvious choice today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Correct. Liverpool have recovered from their longest losing streak since May 2018 to re-establish a 7 pt lead of EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not a whole lot of highlights today but here's the foul and finish:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Something I mentioned at half time that I figured I might as well take another look at:
    There was one moment at around the 41 min mark, gonna find it when the replay is available because it annoyed me so much.

Robertson is being doubled around the halfway line, passes to Henderson who has about 15 yards of space in front of him in midfield but instead of turning into it he immediately passes it back to Robertson being doubled, who then has to give it back to the CBs.

It's a small moment but it is frustrating.

giphy.gif

Look at how much space Wijnaldum is in if Henderson just takes one touch to turn on the ball and find him instead of just passing it right back to Robbo.

hen.png

Turtyturd wrote: »

Well am I wanted a streak to continue at 3 o clock, I don't want a streak now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

cjmc wrote: »
    Havent seen the peno yet but le Tissier seemed to think it was a stone wall pne

Not even in doubt..even though I'm Liverpool to the core if it's a wrong decision I won't say otherwise....this one isn't even up for debate. Defender was a tool..peno all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Sign of champions winning the odd game that you play very poor in
    Today showed again we need a Phil l8ke player,someone to break through the midfeild , Keita should be it but not working out yet

Want to give a lot of credit to Trent today, he didn't have a particularly good or bad game but he picked up that knock in the warm up and was clearly struggling to start the game, but instead of forcing the team into an early substitution he decided to play through it and eventually jogged it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Literally the first home game this season Brighton haven't scored a goal in and that includes games against Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, and United. We must have done something right.

1st time Brighton didn’t score at home since March. Seeing some comments about it being a very nervy match.
    We were never really in trouble for the entire match. Brighton tried to hit Murray and that was their only outlet.

Zero shots on target says it all for Brighton :)

3 pts and a tough away game completed. 2 home games before we travel to West Ham after the sunshine break

Roll on Palace

YNWA :)

Edit: goal for Rafa :)

• Advertisement

Liverpool were not poor today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Want to give a lot of credit to Trent today, he didn't have a particularly good or bad game but he picked up that knock in the warm up and was clearly struggling to start the game, but instead of forcing the team into an early substitution he decided to play through it and eventually jogged it off.

I thought VVD was going to murder him at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Today games sgiws how far we have come , The player are far more patient and contrillwd than before ,
    People giving out about Henderson amd gini playing safe balls but they do it because they are confident the goal will come and if we dont give Brightin a sniff we win .
    Very mature performance, it used to be we turned teamsmover by 3 or 4 or we drew or lost not now , Now we just need one goal and its done no need to take chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don’t think we were poor either. At full steam? No, but it was controlled for the vast majority. People need to accept that the nature of our front three’s style means there will be days they blow people away and other days where they struggle for fluidity.

We should have scored more than one; they barely threatened for one. I’ll take that. Onwards.

Forgot about Fabinho's block actually, big moment from him.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

So by not checking immediately you're saying that your views won't be swayed by the reactions of your own supporters in the meantime find that hard to believe really.

Football supporters will grab a scapegoat for scrutiny in almost every game you see, guy won a penalty that he converted it cost the home team he was the obvious choice today.
    I said they didn't have to check immediately. 20mins later thought.....

Liverpool were not poor today!

Keita was. Expected a hat trick in his 30 second cameo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Still 4 points clear, team did a job today against a team who defend very well. Last season we would have taken a point or less.

I would hope we were awarded 3pts today for the win, that means we are 7pts clear.

I would hope we were awarded 3pts today for the win, that means we are 7pts clear.

If City win which is expected we are still 4 points clear.

If we had drawn today and City won it would have been 2 points clear.

If we had lost today and City won it would have been 1 point clear.

Now come on Wolves.

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

Look at how much space Wijnaldum is in if Henderson just takes one touch to turn on the ball and find him instead of just passing it right back to Robbo.
    Hendo does think he's about to be closed down by the player behind him. He took a quick glance before the ball gets to him and feels he's about to be challenged by Murray, so plays it back to Robbo. If he took the touch, and lost the ball, they'd be criticism for that.
    Also, Robbo had the chance to play it down the line to Mane who looks for the pass. But Robbo plays it safe and passes backwards. That was the theme of much of the game.

I've no problem with the criticism you make. A top player maybe takes a good touch, feints to go back, but shifts it forward, bypassing the pressure. But that isn't Hendo's strength.
    The only issue I have with the constant Hendo criticism, is that Robbo twice passed backwards in the clip, turned down a chance to pass the ball to Mane in space; but it's only Hendo that gets the abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great win especially with the problems at CB. Not the easiest place to get 3 pts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If City win which is expected we are still 4 points clear.

If we had drawn today and City won it would have been 2 points clear.

If we had lost today and City won it would have been 1 point clear.

Now come on Wolves.

If my auntie had a mickey she’d be my uncle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That was a tough game. The defense shon I think. That TAA backheel interception at the end was huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

great result, fairly comfortable, we need the lads back from injury though. Henderson is a weak link, has some good touches but makes mistakes, makes wrong decisions and is to negative at times, never rated him, i feel we play far better without him. We should of hung on to Clyne too. We need an established midfielder, strong and commanding, could be the difference between winning and losing the league, Keita appears to be not quite ready but i like him, good touch. I expect city to win on Monday, Wolves are good but City at home are just too strong. Anyway, good result.

If my auntie had a mickey she’d be my uncle

Are you a Jenner/Kardashian?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Not sure what game the people who are moaning about the perforcmance were watching, thoroughly professional job done, would have been more comfortable with a touch more composure in front of goal.

I said they didn't have to check immediately. 20mins later thought.....

Yes I know and I'm saying you are not checking immediately so your mind has likely formed the view that is felt by your supporters, its gone over your head no worries.

Yes I know and I'm saying you are not checking immediately so your mind has likely formed the view that is felt by your supporters, its gone over your head no worries.

You’re taking this very badly.

Yes, your ramblings have gone over my head.
    No worries, ignore list +1.

Chelsea must be worse to watch than I thought!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement