Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

Not sure what game the people who are moaning about the perforcmance were watching, thoroughly professional job done, would have been more comfortable with a touch more composure in front of goal.

The vast majority aren't tbf. Probably just a few who didn't even bother watching it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The Reddit Soccer Forum has banned The S*n which is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sign of champions winning the odd game that you play very poor in
    Today showed again we need a Phil l8ke player,someone to break through the midfeild , Keita should be it but not working out yet

Liverpool were by no means poor.

Brighton are very tough to beat at home.

This is the first game at home they have not scored in having scored against Spurs, Arsenal, Everton,Chelsea and Utd.

They played a tightly packed midfield and defence today and were hard to break down.

Liverpool played a controlled game, were patient and won.

Firmino, Shaqiri and Salah all missed great chances and we could have won 3-4 nil.

Henderson in my opinion had a good game despite the campaign by some here.

Today it was most important to get the 3 points after the last two games and onwards and upwards from here.
    All the pressure is on City now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Not a whole lot of highlights today but here's the foul and finish:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Something I mentioned at half time that I figured I might as well take another look at:

It's a small moment but it is frustrating.

giphy.gif

Look at how much space Wijnaldum is in if Henderson just takes one touch to turn on the ball and find him instead of just passing it right back to Robbo.

hen.png

Don't see anything wrong with that whatsoever, if Hendo stopes to look for wij the Brighton player behind him would've been on him, he's facing róbó when he gets the ball and sees róbó is running back into space when he plays it to him, your totally nitpicking now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The Reddit Soccer Forum has banned The S*n which is brilliant.

Great site imo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Don't see anything wrong with that whatsoever, if Hendo stopes to look for wij the Brighton player behind him would've been on him, he's facing rwhen he gets the ball and sees ris running back into space when he plays it to him, your totally nitpicking now

I didn't say he should stop to look for Wijnaldum (also I'm pretty sure he has a decent idea of where Gini is without having to stop moving and have a look around, any good midfielder should know where their partner is) I said he should take a touch into the massive amount of space in front of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You’re taking this very badly.

I dunno it all started when yer man suggested Brighton fans at the game would be best served looking at their smart phones to see if Salah diving had legitimacy.
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Chelsea must be worse to watch than I thought!

It's not been a great watch at all...luckily Newcastle have dropped off second half almost equalised through Rondon though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

A streak is literally putting together a sequence of consequtive of the same (negative/positive) results. I'm afraid 2 losses is actually a streak by definition not by the view of Rob316.

One loss is dot, 2 losses is 2 dots, 2 dots are a line, 3 losses is 3 dots, 3 dots are a trend / streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Not even in doubt..even though I'm Liverpool to the core if it's a wrong decision I won't say otherwise....this one isn't even up for debate. Defender was a tool..peno all day

100% agree and the added benefit is that it will encourage Mo to keep taking on defenders knowing he is likely to beat them and get a shot away or they will foul him and he'll get a peno. The more peno's he gets the more terrified defenders will be to go near him in the box. Win Win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Said it the other day, I'd be delighted with a 1-0 win, and I have to say I am.

Missed the first half, but thought Pool were good after half time, good pace going forward. Mo was brilliant, unplayable. Fab looked OK at CB, wasn't put under much pressure. Thought TAA was poor in the second half, but made a crucial intervention.

I was disappointed not to see Naby start ahead of Shaq, but when he came on (albeit late) he was poor, and gave away the ball twice in poor situations in the time he was on. There is a reason he's not being selected I guess.

Anyway, very important win. Another word for Bobby, I was critical of him early in the season, but during December and again today he was immense. No coincidence our form as a team has coincided with him getting back up to speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Still haven't dropped any points to anyone outside the top 5.

Speak Now wrote: »
    Still haven't dropped any points to anyone outside the top 5.

No dropped points to anyone outside the Top 4 at the time of playing them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    One loss is dot, 2 losses is 2 dots, 2 dots are a line, 3 losses is 3 dots, 3 dots are a trend / streak

Joining 2 dots will get you a line. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

You gotta love 1-0 wins and Andrew Robertson!
    Solid display against a resolute defensive team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Said it the other day, I'd be delighted with a 1-0 win, and I have to say I am.

Missed the first half

Picked the right half to miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Look at how much space Wijnaldum is in if Henderson just takes one touch to turn on the ball and find him instead of just passing it right back to Robbo.

hen.png
    Henderson's role is to recycle the ball and retain possession. In the segment you highlighted Henderson played the ball to Robertson and it drew out the opposition players. At that point the full back had the opportunity to chip the ball forward into the free space created - Henderson even pointed it out to him and Mane was free to exploit that space. Mane was also calling for the ball, for whatever reason Robertson chose not to play the ball forward and it went back to the central defenders.

There's no reason to fault Henderson for that passage of play other than to do so for the sake of doing so.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Palace at home next week followed by a 11 day break before Leicester. That 11 day break will do wonders for recharging the batteries and with so many players coming back from injury.

Leicester also have a similar length break after being knocked out of the cup by Padraig Amond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Great site imo :)

Must look at it more and try to work out how it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Chelsea with 47 would be leading league by 3 points were this season 2015/16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Must look at it more and try to work out how it works

Use the app, and arrange everything by new it’s much neater. I never look at it outside of my phone.

It’s much better for content than actual discussion imo, but the upside is that in discussions those posters who go against the grain just for a bit of attention tend to be downvoted and you don’t see the posts, whereas here they are constantly quoted and you can’t avoid them no matter how much you try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Talisman wrote:
    Henderson even pointed it out to him

He is great at pointing. No denying that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

rossie1977 wrote: »

All a bit mad isn't it? I remember a few seasons ago people said how if you break the 70 point mark you're pretty much guaranteed champions league football and we are currently only 13 points away from that and it's mid January

I didn't say he should stop to look for Wijnaldum (also I'm pretty sure he has a decent idea of where Gini is without having to stop moving and have a look around, any good midfielder should know where their partner is) I said he should take a touch into the massive amount of space in front of him.

No mate read it again you said he should have taken one touch and found wij,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,952 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Use the app, and arrange everything by new it’s much neater. I never look at it outside of my phone.

+1 on this, the app is so much slicker than the desktop.

Not been on the LFC forum over there much but it gives a real worldwide view of the fans.
    So many of them are too young to remember our last title tho!
    At 39 I sometimes feel like an auld phogy over there!

There was a thread recently on your fave Liverpool goal and I posted mine as Barnes Curler in the Everton 4-4 FA cup game...
    That kind of movement on a ball back then was a rarity and TBH before Thomas Hassler in 92 was nearly always flukey...
    Also was KK's last game in charge 1st time round.

I got DMs claiming it didn't count that long ago and other such ****e while younger posters waxed on about Stevie And Xabior Luis...

No mate read it again you said he should have taken one touch and found wij,

Yeah, "to find a player" is an incredibly common piece of football vernacular which means to pass to a player, not to literally stand around trying to look for them.

EDIT: Here's another use of the same term from this thread during the match
    Got free, moved into a nice bit of free space, and it was an easy pass to find him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

For balance I also think Henderson was too Conservative today.

He is supposed to be decent driving forward... St least back in 2013/2014.

Even if he's lost that. There were a couple of gimmies today in terms of forward balls.

I felt, and it could be in my head, that he upped his adventurousness a bit once we were a goal up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was very impressed with Fab as a makeshift CB.

He again showed he has a passing ability that team hasn't had for a very long time.

Yeah, "to find a player" is an incredibly common piece of football vernacular which means to pass to a player, not to literally stand around trying to look for them.

Ah stop would ya, your wrong just suck it up

Ah stop would ya, your wrong just suck it up

this is bizarre

I was very impressed with Fab as a makeshift CB.

He again showed he has a passing ability that team hasn't had for a very long time.

He slotted in well. A few high balls caught him out. Apart from that excellent.

• Advertisement

Anyway let's rejoice in the fact that Liverpool are apparently paying the referees to ehhhhh make the opposition players foul Salah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

klose wrote: »
    rossie1977 wrote: »

All a bit mad isn't it? I remember a few seasons ago people said how if you break the 70 point mark you're pretty much guaranteed champions league football and we are currently only 13 points away from that and it's mid January

Well that's still the primary goal for the season so we're looking good!!

this is bizarre

It's not bizarre at all mate, you can't even read what you yourself wrote, anyway the fact that you posted that clip at shows me the kind of petty minded person you are, hendo had 2 choices to make you say he should have stepped up and played the ball to gini or as you now say midfield but he didn't he played a ball to the man he was facing in robbo who then played a quick ball to vvd and away we go, so what what's the big bloody deal that you had to go posting a clip of hendo, you wouldn't be looking for likes off all the boys who don't like hendo would you?? Bloody pathetic

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Last season we draw that game, we go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Brilliant that we can look forward to a 3rd season in a row of champions league football.

It's not bizarre at all mate, you can't even read what you yourself wrote

What actually happened was you misread a sentence of mine so I clarified what I meant and you told me I was wrong
    anyway the fact that you posted that clip at shows me the kind of petty minded person you are, hendo had 2 choices to make you say he should have stepped up and played the ball to gini or as you now say midfield but he didn't he played a ball to the man he was facing in robbo who then played a quick ball to vvd and away we go, so what what's the big bloody deal that you had to go posting a clip of hendo, you wouldn't be looking for likes off all the boys who don't like hendo would you?? Bloody pathetic

I'm not gonna bother dignifying this stuff with any more of a response than this lone sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

It's not bizarre at all mate, you can't even read what you yourself wrote, anyway the fact that you posted that clip at shows me the kind of petty minded person you are, hendo had 2 choices to make you say he should have stepped up and played the ball to gini or as you now say midfield but he didn't he played a ball to the man he was facing in robbo who then played a quick ball to vvd and away we go, so what what's the big bloody deal that you had to go posting a clip of hendo, you wouldn't be looking for likes off all the boys who don't like hendo would you?? Bloody pathetic

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Can someone let me know when the Gareth Southgate news slips into the United thread. I reckon it might be worth reading then.:D

Dub13 wrote: »
    Last season we draw that game, we go again.
    No last season we win 5-1. 1-0 very poor result - must do better! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

superg wrote: »
    Can someone let me know when the Gareth Southgate news slips into the United thread. I reckon it might be worth reading then.:D

Whats the Gareth Southgate news :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Talisman wrote: »
    No last season we win 5-1. 1-0 very poor result - must do better! ;)

Our away record last season was not great.

Whats the Gareth Southgate news :confused:
    He has been touted as an alternative option for a certain managerial position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

He has been touted as an alternative option for a certain managerial position.

lol, Having not heard the news i was going to say exactly that as a pisstake :pac:

Dub13 wrote: »
    Our away record last season was not great.
    I know - was only messing with you.

The 7 year old grammar nazi hovering on my shoulder observed that your post read like it was written by a kid from their class. Letting them post a response in character probably wasn't the best idea but I did add the smiley. :)

Lads Ryan Babel is back in the Premier League, loan to Fulham. Somehow he only turned 32 last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Lads Ryan Babel is back in the Premier League, loan to Fulham. Somehow he only turned 32 last month.

Babel was a good guy, I'll never forget that goal against arsenal in the 4-2. That was some night.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

there's actually people out legit not the wind up trying to claim that it wasn't a pen on Mo. It's honestly one of the most blatent pens you'll ever see.

If teams want to avoid giving away spot kicks then stoping fouling Salah in the box, it's so very simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

He's been brought back in to the Dutch squad recently and scored a few goals.

Could be a good signing for Fulham!

niallo27 wrote: »
    Babel was a good guy, I'll never forget that goal against arsenal in the 4-2. That was some night.
    Maybe he has finally matured but he wasted his talent and never came close to fulfilling his potential. He experienced disciplinary problems at almost every club he joined.

• Advertisement

Henderson's role is to recycle the ball and retain possession. In the segment you highlighted Henderson played the ball to Robertson and it drew out the opposition players. At that point the full back had the opportunity to chip the ball forward into the free space created - Henderson even pointed it out to him and Mane was free to exploit that space. Mane was also calling for the ball, for whatever reason Robertson chose not to play the ball forward and it went back to the central defenders.

There's no reason to fault Henderson for that passage of play other than to do so for the sake of doing so.

If Johnnny Giles reeled off that clip as analysis he'd be laughed at.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement