Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lingard is probably one of the most underrated players in that squad IMO, makes all the right runs and has enough quality on the ball to play for nearly any side. I think Klopp would really unlock his potential, but no doubt Pochettino will too if he takes over in the summer.

Plenty of players in that team I don’t see anything in, but Lingard isn’t one of them. We’ll never sign him anyway so it’s a moot point. There’s still a few players who play a similar role that I’d rather sign anyway, and none of them would cost even half as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Hendo is basically Carrick only the former didn't have the luxury of playing in a team well suited to him. The last perfectly balanced midfield we had was Masch-alonso-gerrard. As much as I'm willing to praise the current midfield they don't touch those 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

Only ask because I reckon his head could be turned and he has the type of profile that would make Klopp think he could improve him. I mean players are going from Arsenal to Liverpool and Arsenal to Chelsea these days.

HandsomeBob, the weekend is nearly over. You need to put the wacky backy away!!!

United doing us a favour here but still disgusted at Spurs. Perpetual chokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Spurs being Spurs and their star player in recent weeks going off for the Asian Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,592 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's a two horse race now

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Spurs won the 'hit it straight at the keeper' cup today anyway.

Thanks utd, nice one.

Glad we played United when we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Bye Bye Spurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

United still awful at the back , Spurs finishing was awful only one good save from De Gea all game the rest all at him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I don't know, they were ripped apart today. They gave up chance after chance.

We'll sort them in February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

One thing for sure when we play Utd in a few weeks time they won't be parking a bus under Oles leadership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Spurs lose to another mid table club at home, Spurs going be Spurs.

We'll sort them in February.

Good time to play them, gets it out of the way with room to recover if we get beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭fyfe79

United on a great run of form. Their games against us and City might go a long way towards deciding the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

PSG are going to do filthy, filthy things to that defence if they don’t tighten it up soon. And they have three forwards who can aim for the corners, not the goalkeeper’s feet.

Never happy to see that lot win, but it’s nice that it truly doesn’t affect us in any way for once. I didn’t believe Spurs were in the title race before kickoff any less than I believe it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Can't wait for the Manchester derby.

Can't wait for the United fans turmoil that they could hand the title to Liverpool if they win or hand it to City if they lose.

So many sub plots to be played out.

Super-Rush wrote: »

Can't wait for the United fans turmoil that they could hand the title to Liverpool if they win or hand it to City if they lose.

Most likely the Manchester Derby will be a mid week game in April or May as Man City should make it to the FA Cup Quarter Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Super-Rush wrote: »

They will be baying for city to win it,no question

• Advertisement

16 games Left

Liverpool 57
    Man City - 7 (4) if they win
    Spurs - 9
    Chelsea - 10
    Arsenal - 16
    Man Utd - 16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So nothing's changed then. They never had a credible title challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭garra

ricero wrote: »
    One thing for sure when we play Utd in a few weeks time they won't be parking a bus under Oles leadership

Ollie's playing the mobile ones up front, will be interesting to see how we set up against them. Should be entertaining for the neutral, hope we still have a buffer between us and City by then. Only 6 weeks away, will be time to end their honeymoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Irish Utd fans certainly, but Utd fans from Manchester? Not so sure.

That's not a dig at anyone, btw. Would be the same for Liverpool fans if Everton were battling Utd for the title - Irish fans would want Everton to win it, Liverpool fans actually living there would be certainly torn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Tough position to be in though.

Wouldn't like it to be me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Irish Utd fans certainly, but Utd fans from Manchester? Not so sure.

That's not a dig at anyone, btw. Would be the same for Liverpool fans if Everton were battling Utd for the title - Irish fans would want Everton to win it, Liverpool fans actually living there would be certainly torn!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Souness has a good point for once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Souness has a good point for once

What did he say? My Utd loving workmate is going cracked about him!

Blondie919 wrote: »
    What did he say? My Utd loving workmate is going cracked about him!

Pogba stuck his leg out to rake alli with his studs, rednapp said it was fine, souness said it was a red, it looked bad in slow motion but the referee gave a yellow and imo at the time was probably right so they are both wrong.

We're at home to two teams with nothing to play for next, while City are away to two teams in bottom 3 next ( after tomorrows game)
    Could be a swing in next 2 rounds, City have looked shaky in that chasing position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

When was it a three horse race?

Literally only Spurs fans and their London media buddies believed it.

Poch didn't even believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,542 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just happy the team is full of leaders now. Rodgers would cream himself if he could see the character right now.

It worried me he had to scream at TAA five or six times not to bomb forward in stoppage time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ballyargus

SlickRic wrote: »

I still wonder if we're in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

We're at home to two teams with nothing to play for next, while City are away to two teams in bottom 3 next ( after tomorrows game)
    Could be a swing in next 2 rounds, City have looked shaky in that chasing position.

Didn't realise the season was nearly over???? Thought was just half way stage. Still plenty to play for, especially for Palace who are only 4 points of relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,435 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Nice to have 9 of our last 16 matches at home.

SlickRic wrote: »

Kane /sissoko injuries, I wonder if the carabao Cup is a factor in those, son missing for a few games also so they could struggle to get results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

Perfect result for us today. A deflating kick in the nuts for Spurs whilst building up OGS's credentials for the Utd job albeit only qualifying for the long distance UEFA cup at the same time.

What's not to like about that result?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Surely United will aplly themselfs in the City game even if it we ment Liverpool win the Prem ??
    Its what big clubs do worry about there own games ,Liverpool set the example v Blackburn on the final day all them years ago , when they beat a Blackburn team that was a draw from the title and manged by a Liverpool legend Kenny , All Uinted had to do was beat Westham but failed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Nice to have 9 of our last 16 matches at home.

City have the opposite to us 7 at home and 9 away after tomorrows game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Surely United will aplly themselfs in the City game even if it we ment Liverpool win the Prem ??
    Its what big clubs do worry about there own games ,Liverpool set the example v Blackburn on the final day all them years ago , when they beat a Blackburn team that was a draw from the title and manged by a Liverpool legend Kenny , All Uinted had to do was beat Westham but failed

A draw wouldn't have done Rovers that day if Manchester United had won.

Wolves have only lost 3 games away from home all season,and have a + GD away from home. Won't be a pushover for City.

City have the opposite to us 7 at home and 9 away after tomorrows game.

Both have Tottenham at home and Manchester United away. Those fixtures jump of the page but with 16 games remaining we know they'll be twists and turns outside of this.
    Sky must be raging Liverpool and City return game was so soon in new year.

Wolves have only lost 3 games away from home all season,and have a + GD away from home. Won't be a pushover for City.

Dare I say a tough final game of the season for us too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It’s not going to happen.

Arsenal lost, we won, and Spurs lost. That’s a good weekend of results that I’ll take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Talisman

It's swings and roundabouts - heard from a City fan today that their team only needs to keep pace with us for now because the wheels will come off Liverpool if we progress deep into the Champions League as we did last season. The core of his point was that we struggled against Everton, Chelsea, West Brom and Stoke at the tail end of last season and that this season we will face Tottenham, Everton, Chelsea, Wolves and all of the relegation battlers in the final 10 games of this season. His belief is anchored on the fact that we don't have the squad depth to handle both competitions where as Man City do appear to have it provided a certain Brazilian isn't injured.

It's too far away to think about such things now - the only game that matters is the next fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Perfect result for us today. A deflating kick in the nuts for Spurs whilst building up OGS's credentials for the Utd job albeit only qualifying for the long distance UEFA cup at the same time.

What's not to like about that result?

I’m actually starting to get a bit excited that Man U could end up being forced into giving OGS the job full time if they keep this up. Please make it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Talisman wrote: »
    It's swings and roundabouts - heard from a City fan today that their team only needs to keep pace with us for now because the wheels will come off Liverpool if we progress deep into the Champions League as we did last season. The core of his point was that we struggled against Everton, Chelsea, West Brom and Stoke at the tail end of last season and that this season we will face Tottenham, Everton, Chelsea, Wolves and all of the relegation battlers in the final 10 games of this season. His belief is anchored on the fact that we don't have the squad depth to handle both competitions where as Man City do appear to have it provided a certain Brazilian isn't injured.

It's too far away to think about such things now - the only game that matters is the next fixture.

The difference is - last season we were only interested in attaining Top4 in PL to get qualification and then obviously give ourselves the best possible chance of progressing in the CL itself. Our squad was threadbare to say the least at the time too with Can/Lallana both injured.

This season is completely different, the focus will be on the PL to win the remaining games, when going into a spell like that and KNOWING if you win each game (Much like Leicester) you can take the league it makes them games inevitably more winnable.

The EPL is interesting as a whole because it basically goes against winning the Champions league! They make it as tough as possible to win a treble etc due to the fixture congestion. Chelsea/United have all had issues in the past trying to decide which competition to really prioritise and have left the door open for others to steal the league.

I'd actually imagine that City will be more gunning for the UCL so i hope they stay in it until the semis at least! It's a great distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Haven't been on here in a long time.

Anyone else getting nose bleeds for no reason? Waking up at night with cold sweats ???

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Haven't been on here in a long time.

Anyone else getting nose bleeds for no reason? Waking up at night with cold sweats ???

Probably nightmares about that time you were outside the GPO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd happily bomb out of the Champions League if it helped win the Premier League, no question. Man City need to win the big cup much more than Liverpool, indeed I'd reckon on it being the primary target for them so may they thrive in that until they reach Real Madrid in the final! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement