Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

United at old Trafford can beat anyone and its not a surprise
    Plus they may very well be fighting for 4th or 3rd spot ,
    I can see them beating City , wouldn't be surprised either way in that game,

Maybe if De Gea has another incredible game.

Their defence is awful especially down the left hand side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not sure if mentioned but David Duckenfield and some other coppers go on trial today for the Hillsborough disaster. Trial is expected to last four months. Hopefully there will finally be some justice for the families at the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Hate playing Palace ,

There pretty crap but at the same time they have players capable of moments of brilliance,
    We must win all our games up to the United one ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

United at old Trafford can beat anyone and its not a surprise
    Plus they may very well be fighting for 4th or 3rd spot ,
    I can see them beating City , wouldn't be surprised either way in that game,

They can beat anyone?

I dunno about that, they seem fairly light weight at the back at the moment. I can't see aguero and sane missing shots like spurs did yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How many wins do people think we will need from our last 16 games to win it ?

Was only talking about this last night. I think 14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

DrumSteve wrote: »
    They can beat anyone?

I dunno about that, they seem fairly light weight at the back at the moment. I can't see aguero and sane missing shots like spurs did yesterday.

Yes they can beat anyone on there day, beat City last year when City where in better form than this year, Beat Juventus away this season ,

United may be in a poor league position but don't be silly they are capable of beating any side on there day

A bit like us since Klopp took over we can beat anyone but also drop points v anyone up till this year,

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Of course City can win their next 17 league games, but it is extremely unlikely that they will do so, same as we are not going to win our next 16 league games. If we get 95 points and still lose the title then you'd have to tip your hat at the better team, although I'm sure there would still be accusations of bottling, throwing it away, etc. which would be patently ridiculous unless we get to 3 games left (for both teams) and throw away a 5 point lead or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Yep, I think they will win very league match until the end of the season.
    Probably the same in the cups.
    They are an incredible team. The 2 defeats recently were enough of a shock for them to not let it happen again.

It sounds like such a ridiculous assertion at first, but when you really think about it it could definitely happen. As has been noted this is a crazy season in terms of how high the bar has been set. They will be firm favourites for every match from here on out and it looks like they may have ramped up their intensity after those Christmas defeats.

It's probably worth putting a bet on City to win each match and rolling over the proceeds to the next match if you are feeling confident it will happen, you'd end up getting decent odds on a what would essentially be a 17 match accum even if they were very short for almost every match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

With this likely to be Sturridges last season we should be looking at someone like Neal Maupay, he's likely to move in this window and break the Championship transfer fee record. He's clearly better than the league he's in, remind me a bit of Suarez and could replace Sturridge in squad for 15m. He's the type of player Klopp can turn into a superstar. Can score with left, with right, with head, links up well, hold it up well, he can do everything with ease and can pass too. He's only 22 and could be bought for 15m and loaned back to Brentford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Morzadec wrote: »

It's probably worth putting a bet on City to win each match and rolling over the proceeds to the next match if you are feeling confident it will happen, you'd end up getting decent odds on a what would essentially be a 17 match accum even if they were very short for almost every match.

If it's easier for you the likes of Skybet and PP would do a RAB for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I should say that I base my assertions of City as it stands, with personnel, injuries, squad depth/quality, form, momentum.

Like any other team they are susceptible to any number of things, plus a freak result against them.

With this likely to be Sturridges last season we should be looking at someone like Neal Maupay, he's likely to move in this window and break the Championship transfer fee record. He's clearly better than the league he's in, remind me a bit of Suarez and could replace Sturridge in squad for 15m. He's the type of player Klopp can turn into a superstar. Can score with left, with right, with head, links up well, hold it up well, he can do everything with ease and can pass too. He's only 22 and could be bought for 15m and loaned back to Brentford.

Good singing for a Burnley type team
    For Liverpool no chance we are far beyond making these types of singing ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Glad we didn't have that kind of attitude when it came to signing Robbo.

He might not be the right player however that doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking at players in teams well below the level we are now at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned but David Duckenfield and some other coppers go on trial today for the Hillsborough disaster.

There's a lot of warnings on posting about it online because it could prejudice the defendants right to a fair trial.

Just worth noting in case anybody is on Facebook or Twitter etc

He might not be the right player however that doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking at players in teams well below the level we are now at.

Robbo had two years of Prem experience and was a full international when new signed him ,

Just to expanded on what I said,

This guy has had no experience at a higher level , he isn't exactly a young whiz kid either he'd be 23 by the time next season starts, Which is the same age as Timo Werner ,

He's been linked with Boro that's his level not Liverpool .

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just to expanded on what I said,

This guy has had no experience at a higher level , he isn't exactly a young whiz kid either he'd be 23 by the time next season starts, Which is the same age as Timo Werner ,

He's been linked with Boro that's his level not Liverpool .

I know nothing about him, and there is zero indication we will sign him, but if Klopp decided to sign him, I'd be fully on board with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Has a team ever got 90+ points in the league and not won it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Don't think so but City aren't a normal team, they've lost 5 league games since the start of 2017/18 season. 3 of those were to Chelsea, Liverpool and United, its quite ridiculous really how good they have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Utd with 89 in 2012 was the highest ever second place point total

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Morzadec wrote: »
    . As has been noted this is a crazy season in terms of how high the bar has been set. .

City are 9 points worse off than they were at this stage last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

City are 9 points worse off than they were at this stage last season.

But City and Spurs have the highest total so far for teams in 2nd and 3rd at this stage of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think the City points total to last season is a lot closer when comparing the same fixtures - think it's between 0 and 3 points difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Klopp used to buy these type of players though. Young, cheap, skilful, I think for a squad player he'd be a snip at 15m. A true number 9, something we need.

Klopp used to buy these type of players though. Young, cheap, skilful, I think for a squad player he'd be a snip at 15m. A true number 9, something we need.

If he was a snip more than just Boro would be interested,

I can' t see us going near him,

Is he more talented than Solanke or Origi both in and around his age,

This summer we could be champions of England we won't be looking for the Brentford striker because he's cheap .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

If he was a snip more than just Boro would be interested,

I can' t see us going near him,

Is he more talented than Solanke or Origi both in and around his age,

This summer we could be champions of England we won't be looking for the Brentford striker because he's cheap .

It's picking up bargains like Robertson that make record fee's for the vvd s possible

It's picking up bargains like Robertson that make record fee's for the vvd s possible

Again Robbo was the same as Shaq , had a couple of years Prem experience and an international player,
    Totally different than buying a lad who's 22 and never played at the highest level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

ricero wrote: »
    One thing for sure when we play Utd in a few weeks time they won't be parking a bus under Oles leadership

suits us better imo... let them come at us .. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

They will be baying for city to win it,no question

even if they could get top four ?

• Advertisement

Everyone needs to go into the Humor thread and look at Raul Meireles doing the lip sync battle in Portugal.

The only good thing Roy did at Liverpool was signing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Time to bring David Wagner into the backroom team I reckon. :)

He'll go back and get a great job in Germany he really should have taken up one of the many offers he got during the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

mada999 wrote: »
    even if they could get top four ?

most of them would accept us winning the league if it meant getting top 4, few of them would admit it mind

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Mon Wolves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

gimli2112 wrote: »
    most of them would accept us winning the league if it meant getting top 4, few of them would admit it mind

Nah, wouldn't agree with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Not exactly a raucous home crowd for City tonight.

Every little helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Not exactly a raucous home crowd for City tonight.

Every little helps.

I'll shut up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Way to jinx us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

9 mins I lived in hope for. Oh well next week's another game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Wolves have truly **** the bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

They'll prob win forty nil now. Liverpool should just lose every game in the league now and focus on the champions league.

Reckon that might re-jinx the unjinxing jinx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Poor challenge, Kompanys was worse against us!

Same tackle as Kompanys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wolves are about to get a kicking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Same tackle as Kompanys

Kompanys was higher off the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

martyos121 wrote: »
    Time to bring David Wagner into the backroom team I reckon. :)

Huddersfield at home to City next game on Saturday at 12:30pm. I wonder, I just wonder.....

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

Doherty a bit at fault for the goal, but God knows how anyone is meant to track Sané! He must be the quickest player in world football!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

Decent chance for Wolves. If they can keep it at 1-0 you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

tinpib wrote:
    Huddersfield at home to City next game on Saturday at 12:30pm. I wonder, I just wonder.....

I've never been as certain as anything in my life of City beating than them on Sunday. Huddersfield, caretaker manager, no Mooy & they are hopeless anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ozzy78 wrote: »
    Decent chance for Wolves. If they can keep it at 1-0 you never know.

Stop, just stop now. This isn't Rocky.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement