Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Milner or Fab rb Saturday so and Gomez then for Leicester at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Nightmare,

Gini also most likely misses the weekend

Matip needs to get fit and stay move Fab into midfield and Milner right back ?

Gomes should be fit for the Leicester game ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

So we're missing TAA , Gomez & Lovern

VVD, Robbo, Matip, Milner & Fabinho available if needed.

Definitely time to get somebody else in till the end of the season as a back up. Thankfully theres a break in games coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Any chance of a call-back for Clyne? If not, Milner / Fabinho need to step up so.

Palace home Jan 19th
    Leicester home Jan 30th
    West Ham away Feb 4th
    Bournemouth home Feb 9th
    Bayern home Feb 19th

That week with the games against Leicester, West Ham & Bournemouth suddenly looking a bit trickier if we want Milner to play all those games.

I'll be guessing Trent will be targeting the home leg of the Bayern tie, that we are already missing VVD for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

If Milner & Fabinho are playing in defence now, and Gini is injured.

That leaves just Henderson & Keita left in midfield for this next game.

FitzShane wrote: »
    If Milner & Fabinho are playing in defence now, and Gini is injured.

That leaves just Henderson & Keita left in midfield for this next game.

Matip was on the bench for the Brighton game, So hopefully he starts the weekend, Fab in the middle and Milner right back I'd say ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Camacho could play RB as well so can Hoever.

Loaning Clyne was madness really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Don't think anybody here didn't question the decision to let Clyne go, considering the injury situation.

Regretting it by Jan 15th is bit mad though.

Maybe the likes of Curtis Jones and Hoever could get back in quicker than they thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MD1990 wrote: »
    Camacho could play RB as well so can Hoever.

Hoever got a red for the U23s the other day, would that affect starting with the first team?

Edit : lallana got a red for choking some U23s lad and was able to do first team the weekend after iirc so maybe it wouldn't affect them

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Don't think anybody here didn't question the decision to let Clyne go, considering the injury situation.

Regretting it by Jan 15th is bit mad though.

It was strange considering in December he was need for the United game, and after that we had an injury to Matip , so down number's again ,

Now Lovren and Trent its a nightmare ,

Fingers crossed he is back for the Bayern game, as we will be without VVD,

Trent is a big loss for the games we have ahead.

Best attacking RB in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gini would be a huge lose.

Gini would be a huge lose.

I agree keeps us ticking over,
    Don't fancy Milner up against Zaha the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Don't fancy Milner up against Zaha the weekend

Didn't even think of that. Christ.

Could be Fabinho right sided CB as well.

Lovely.

Knex. wrote: »
    Didn't even think of that. Christ.

Could be Fabinho right sided CB as well.

Lovely.

Surely Matip start's if fit ,
    We need Fab in midfield otherwise its Hendo and Keita and no subs for CM , ,

Matip if fit now so Fab can play RB if needed.

Milner, Henderson midfield.

I would put Milner RB before Fabinho.

Needs Fabinho in midfield.

Matip if fit now so Fab can play RB if needed.

Milner, Henderson midfield.

Considering its Zaha left wing id go with that,
    Fab right back and Milner and Hendo In the middle ,

Fab has more legs than Milner and we need someone who can get up and down as our wingers sit in ,

• Advertisement

I would put Milner RB before Fabinho.

Needs Fabinho in midfield.

Id have thought that most weeks but Palace threat is from wide area's ,

There centre midfield won't cause to much problems,

Also we can replace Shaq with Keita for an extra body to help Milner legs out and put Bobby up top and Salah out right ,

id go

Fab Matip VVD Robbo

Hendo
    Milner Keita

Mo bobby Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ya real head scratcher loaning out clyne. Milner had RB as Matip is fit again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Don't see what all the fuss is about, we have injury's and our strong squad is able to compensate plus Gomez and Loveren will be back in a few weeks.

All teams have a injury list "bulge", we are having ours now and our squad can handle it (just about). Looks like Spurs have a bulge now too, not sure how well their squad can handle it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I just don't get the reasoning for leaving Clyne go out on loan, I really dont... its baffling. We're going for the league and CL and we're trimming our squad??? No other team in the top six is doing that...without having a replacement!!! Surely they put in a recall option on the loan.
    Clyne was outstanding v United...got game time against Arsenal at left back (ahead of Moreno)...and the FA Cup would have been perfect to give him some more game time, yet we leave him go when our defence is already decimated.:confused::confused:

Hope this doesnt come back to bite us in the @ss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

rob316 wrote: »
    Ya real head scratcher loaning out clyne. Milner had RB as Matip is fit again.

The Clyne thing surprised me all round – Klopp for leaving him go, especially after starting him against Utd which shows he was needed, and Clyne for agreeing to go when there was always a chance of getting games if there were injuries. Liverpool is a team challenging for the league so you’d think he’d want a piece of that action!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Fieldog wrote: »
    lallana got a red for choking some U23s lad

Haha I'd forgotten about that one. Sounds like some Joey Barton like **** when you read it on it's own like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Maybe, Clyne wanted to go for personal reasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I just don't get the reasoning for leaving Clyne go out on loan, I really dont... its baffling. We're going for the league and CL and we're trimming our squad??? No other team in the top six is doing that...without having a replacement!!! Surely they put in a recall option on the loan.
    Clyne was outstanding v United...got game time against Arsenal at left back (ahead of Moreno)...and the FA Cup would have been perfect to give him some more game time, yet we leave him go when our defence is already decimated.:confused::confused:

Hope this doesnt come back to bite us in the @ss.

No recall option on Clyne.

We will get through this patch of injuries and luckily have a nice run of games before we play Utd in Feb

fyfe79 wrote: »
    The Clyne thing surprised me all round – Klopp for leaving him go, especially after starting him against Utd which shows he was needed, and Clyne for agreeing to go when there was always a chance of getting games if there were injuries. Liverpool is a team challenging for the league so you’d think he’d want a piece of that action!

It'd make you wonder was there any other reason? Falling out with Klopp or the rest of the team? Still makes no sense to send him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

fyfe79 wrote: »

Clyne wanted to go apparently. I know he wasn't playing much but you'd imagine he would have hung around until the end of the season anyway. Klopp probably had to be harder with him and told him that they would let him go at the end of the season but no sooner.

People have said we let him go as he wanted game time,
    The lad has been injured for the best part of 2 years and been paid and looked after by the club In that time,
    Surely he could have gave us 5 months of playing when needed and possible picked up a winner medal , then no doubt he'd be sold in the summer,

It makes zero sense why we let him go ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Did everyone miss these quotes after Clyne left?
    “I am happy to perform and play 90 minutes. I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

“I have gone a whole season-and-a-half without really playing consistent football, which is unusual to me because I am used to playing a lot.

“This opportunity has arisen and hopefully I can play as many games as I can and stay injury-free.

"It is very frustrating. Knowing you are fit and you can go out there and play, but constantly not getting selected for the team is a bit disappointing.

“I am just looking to play and go step by step.

Fair comments - but clearly he just wasn't buying it when Klopp (or whoever else) told him that opportunities would arise. Can you blame him? He had spent practically the entire first half of the season available and wasn't selected until December.

In hindsight, it certainly looks like it is an issue due to our injury concerns but it seems to me like he was dead set on moving after a lengthy spell of not being involved. He's 27 and was very much in danger of being a forgotten man if he didn't get back to playing, really.

Alisson

Fab
    VVD
    Matip

Milner
    Keita
    Henderson
    Robbo

--Salah
    Fun Bobby
    Mane--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Whats everyone on about Milners legs? The lad consistently finishes in the top 3 for distance covered over 90 minutes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Probably not everyone's desired option, but Robbo at right full and Moreno left full.
    We still play with our attack minded full backs so the shape isn't affected so much.

Fab played as more a traditional full back by the looks of things.

Alisson

Fab
    VVD
    Matip

Milne
    Keita
    Henderson
    Robbo

Salah
    Fun Bobby
    Mane

Can't see why we'd go 3 at the back ,
    Fab plays right back for Brazil and Milner has done for us
    Why change shape of the backline when 4 at the back has worked wonders for us and is what our season has been built on ?

I'm not saying your wrong just what is the idea in changing the formation ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

razorblunt wrote: »
    Maybe, Clyne wanted to go for personal reasons?

Better bolivian marching powder in Bournemouth... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

When is Gomez and Matip back fit? Milner can play at RB which helps getting Fab back into Midfield

If he's out for 4 weeks he's back the week of the 11th of Feb and the games we have are Palace, Leicester, West Ham and Bournemouth, just back in time for Bayern on the 19th

Doff wrote: »
    Whats everyone on about Milners legs? The lad consistently finishes in the top 3 for distance covered over 90 minutes.

I don't think people are worried about distance more so the speed,
    He will be up against Zaha the weekend who can move ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

When is Gomez and Matip back fit? Milner can play at RB which helps getting Fab back into Midfield

Matip is back. Gomez end of the month apparently.

If he's out for 4 weeks he's back the week of the 11th of Feb and the games we have are Palace, Leicester, West Ham and Bournemouth, just back in time for Bayern on the 19th

Matip was on the bench for the Brighton game so I would imagine he is ready.

Gomez is due back at the end of the month for the Leicester game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Probably not everyone's desired option, but Robbo at right full and Moreno left full.
    We still play with our attack minded full backs so the shape isn't affected so much.

Fab played as more a traditional full back by the looks of things.

unfortunately i think we'll be seeing more of Moreno in the coming weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Trent is a big loss for the games we have ahead.

Best attacking RB in the league.

I actually think we'll still see the best attacking RB in the league at Anfield this weekend....he plays for Palace :(

And he's someone I'd absolutely love to bring to Liverpool if we could do a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Whose call was it to let Clyne go out on loan? Like he played against Utd in a massive game a few weeks ago. Shambolic decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Whose call was it to let Clyne go out on loan? Like he played against Utd in a massive game a few weeks ago. Shambolic decision

Player wanted game time and felt he could not get that with Liverpool so wanted away, hindsight is a wonderful thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trent out, my god
    Shame us coal man would be good reliable replacement

He was injured before Brighton game, yet played, he looked injured 5 minutes in, yet carried on, and here we are now paying the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Player wanted game time and felt he could not get that with Liverpool so wanted away, hindsight is a wonderful thing

Its not hindsight though, he left about a week ago when we had Lovren, Matip, Gomez all injured, VVD as our only fit CB at the club & Moreno out of favour.

One right back, One left back and one CB back available, and we had to play a CM and a 16yr old in at CB recently.

Clyne wanted to leave and get more game time (no problems with that) and the manger let him. Klopp said in the press conference we had to consider the players as people and it wouldnt be fair to hold them back when they want to play (Clyne and Solanke). Thats all well and good but dont cut off your nose to spite your face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Defence is being decimated.

We're just lucky that fixtures are kind and VVD, Matip, Alisson and Robertson can probably hold it together until the Utd game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Clyne's loan to bmouth could also have been built in to the crazy solanke transfer fee, as was floated around a few weeks back

• Advertisement

Gomez is fit again, just a matter of match fitness with him. Milner could also fill in

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11608017/liverpools-trent-alexander-arnold-faces-two-weeks-out-with-knee-injury

Sky Sports say it's only 2 weeks out. Nothing major, just needs a rest to recover. He might only miss the two home games and be back for West Ham Away

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement