Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

there is no hindsight involved. Everybody knew at the time it was a dumb deal. He had played against Utd because we were short. The only way that deal went through was in the hope we did not get any more injuries. Which is obviously not a great way to go about things because here we are

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SlickRic wrote: »
    Defence is being decimated.

We're just lucky that fixtures are kind and VVD, Matip, Alisson and Robertson can probably hold it together until the Utd game.

And Moreno:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Palace will have to use there 3rd choice keeper as both Hennessey and Guaita out injured for next month.

Speroni at 39 has played just 12 games in the last 3 and a half seasons.

Que game of his life stopping everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Matip back in please and Fab to midfield. Milner will do fine at RB... Time for Naby to step up, tho if I recall correctly Klopp was recently speaking about Lallana being back in form and fighting fit---- so you could see him back in the line up playing just ahead of Henderson and Fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Matip back in please and Fab to midfield. Milner will do fine at RB... Time for Naby to step up, tho if I recall correctly Klopp was recently speaking about Lallana being back in form and fighting fit---- so you could see him back in the line up playing just ahead of Henderson and Fab.

Yep. This was before the Brighton game. Before Lallana cried off injured....again. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Yep. This was before the Brighton game. Before Lallana cried off injured....again. :mad:

Ah ffs ... I totally missed that.... Ah well, congrats Man City

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Probably not everyone's desired option, but Robbo at right full and Moreno left full.
    We still play with our attack minded full backs so the shape isn't affected so much.

Fab played as more a traditional full back by the looks of things.

As great and defying of expectation as Robertson is, I can't see him being able to play right back or being effective there.

His right foot is fine for a simple pass but he relies heavily on his left, it would be a bizarre decision to move one of our best players and attacking outslets away from where he is so effectively influencing games. I'm not sure he's ever moved over to the right in his whole career - it's not something asked of left backs as it would be for a right back to switch due to the prevalence of right-footed players and the scarcity of left footed players.

Milner to interim right back, and Gomez to come back soon to challenge / provide a different option.

We don't need to rotate for the next 5 matches or so, and I can see Shaq featuring heavily in a 4-2-3-1 given the opposition we're facing over the next month, meaning that having to rely on Fabinho and Milner to plug holes in defence hopefully shouldn't stretch our midfield too thin.

TAA is a top player and this is not ideal but there could have been far worse injuries. I think we'll manage for a month as the schedule is kind. Not being in the cups is certainly making this easier however!

This is not a disaster / crisis and I don't think loaning Clyne out is going to cost us the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

A stat popped up during the city-wolves match last night. It was a table of the teams who had taken most points off the top six. I think wolves were top but Palace, Leicester and I think West Ham were just behind them, just shows the next few games won't be easy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

It goes to show again why getting knocked out of the cups was the best way forward

There are no easy games in the PL, we just make lots of them look sort of easy :)
    It's only in the chat about Trent being out someone mentioned VVD is out for the next CL game, I'd forgotten that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I am so far removed form the Champions League and that Bayern fixture...I dunno maybe I am in the minority but I have one track mind atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Augeo wrote: »
    There are no easy games in the PL, we just make lots of them look sort of easy :)
    It's only in the chat about Trent being out someone mentioned VVD is out for the next CL game, I'd forgotten that :(

Yep VVD is suspended for the 1st leg however Thomas Muller is suspended for both legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I am so far removed form the Champions League and that Bayern fixture...I dunno maybe I am in the minority but I have one track mind atm

Ya feels like a distraction and I love the CL, but the PL is the be all and end all for us fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

rob316 wrote: »
    Ya feels like a distraction and I love the CL, but the PL is the be all and end all for us fans.

I think we all know want we want more,
    If we win the Prem it will be amazing , oh what a summer it would be ,

Long long long way to go but a great chance ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

but the PL is the be all and end all for us fans.

You won't be saying that if you win the champions league :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Not thinking about it much right now, but when it comes around it will feel like a massive game. Because it is! Still want to go deep in the CL, not much that compares to a big knockout game in the CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Morzadec wrote: »
    Not thinking about it much right now, but when it comes around it will feel like a massive game. Because it is! Still want to go deep in the CL, not much that compares to a big knockout game in the CL

it worries me,
    Remember the home game against Stoke last year and westbrom away players looked knackered because of the Champions league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

It goes to show again why getting knocked out of the cups was the best way forward

We will only know that at the end of the season, win the lge then yes, don't win the lge then no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

it worries me,
    Remember the home game against Stoke last year and westbrom away players looked knackered because of the Champions league

Indeed they did, but I do think that Klopp has tried to fight against that this season by moving the press from the front 3 to the midfield 3 this season.

That is why we see a lot more rotation in the midfield this season with the front 3 playing a lot of games, and also a lot of football in these games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Probably not everyone's desired option, but Robbo at right full and Moreno left full.

I’d rather we didn’t bother play a left back than play Moreno

He’s no interest in playing anymore for us. He was by far the worst player on the pitch vs wolves in the cup game(even worse than sturridge)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What's annoying about Clyne is that loan or no loan there was no time pressure, we all knew there were issues so he could have been farmed out on the last day if need be.

As it is

Alisson
    Fab---Matip--VVD----Robbo
    Hendo--Milner(Keita)
    --Shaq--Firmino---Mane
    Salah

will probably be okay. batter than having Zaha running at Milner

What's annoying about Clyne is that loan or no loan there was no time pressure, we all knew there were issues so he could have been farmed out on the last day if need be.

As it is

Alisson
    Fab---Matip--VVD----Robbo
    Hendo--Milner(Keita)
    --Shaq--Firmino---Mane
    Salah

will probably be okay. batter than having Zaha running at Milner

Backline looks good, I think keita should get a start ahead of shaq as shaq seems to shine coming on after the hour of the game is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Clyne knew where he stood in the pecking order even before a good performance against Utd. Getting a few minutes as a sub in the games after to give Andy a rest at LB killed any hopes he may have had for the rest of the season imo. It suggests also that playing with 3 CBs is off the table for Klopp too but personally I like Agent C's suggestion to play this formation. I'd have Camacho in the RB/RWB spot this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ElTel wrote: »
    Clyne knew where he stood in the pecking order even before a good performance against Utd. Getting a few minutes as a sub in the games after to give Andy a rest at LB killed any hopes he may have had for the rest of the season imo. It suggests also that playing with 3 CBs is off the table for Klopp too but personally I like Agent C's suggestion to play this formation. I'd have Camacho in the RB/RWB spot this weekend.

Good shout, I think Klopp said he wanted him to stay on and not go on loan to I think Lisbon or whoever was looking for him...

I thought he looked decent in the cup match against Wolves but not sure others were in agreement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Camacho has been training with the first team for months, as has Hoever, so when injuries push is down the pecking order, they know the team and their job, it's just about the lack of top level experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

One thing I never understood about Clyne was why Moreno was on the bench most weeks instead of him. I'd rather go with a 6 man bench than a 7 with Moreno on it. Even after he ran his mouth about leaving he still gets selected.
    Letting Clyne go looks bad now no way looking at it any other way. Our options are Milner and Gomez who are both coming back from injuries and Fabinho who's currently at centre back(I'd leave him there too ahead of Matip personally & put him in for Henderson when Gomez is fit).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd trust Camacho less than Moreno, unfortunately.

Not ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Knex. wrote: »
    I'd trust Camacho less than Moreno, unfortunately.

Not ideal.

I disagree (and I generally don't with you!) - Palace would know EXACTLY how to get at Moreno and target him, and he's let us down so many times, as recently as last week!
    Camacho will list to the instructions of those around him, and would have the pace to deal with their wide men.

I'd still play Milner though.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Good shout, I think Klopp said he wanted him to stay on and not go on loan to I think Lisbon or whoever was looking for him...

I thought he looked decent in the cup match against Wolves but not sure others were in agreement...

It's hard to praise or knock him given all the changes for the game but I don't want Milner or Fabinho playing RB. Assuming Lovren and Gomez are out we could be relying on Matip, just back from injury to compete with Benteke.

I like the security of Fabinho in a three who can come out with the ball from the back. Hendo and or Milner can give Camacho a dig out when he cheats forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Have to say, Milner all the way for me.

ERG89 wrote: »
    One thing I never understood about Clyne was why Moreno was on the bench most weeks instead of him. I'd rather go with a 6 man bench than a 7 with Moreno on it. Even after he ran his mouth about leaving he still gets selected.
    Letting Clyne go looks bad now no way looking at it any other way. Our options are Milner and Gomez who are both coming back from injuries and Fabinho who's currently at centre back(I'd leave him there too ahead of Matip personally & put him in for Henderson when Gomez is fit).

Clyne might be suited to the weather they are giving next week, plenty of snow.

ERG89 wrote: »

There is more of a wheeler-dealer feel to our transfer dealings with the current owners. It's hard not to connect Clyne's loan (with no recall option as someone earlier posted) with the 20M Solanke deal. This is something we have to accept. Gone are the days when a nominal fee is accepted for a discarded player and a new player signed.

As for reason he was not making the bench; perhaps his back problems are faked to maintain his resale value because he's way down the pecking order?:pac: I've no idea and wouldn't like to speculate but I wish Clyne all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Maybe he was following instructions but against Wolves Camacho was all over the place positionally. He spent most of the game pushed way up on the wing. I think I recall him being in the centre forward position once or twice even

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Alission

van Dijk
    Milner---Fabinho---Henderson---Robertson
    Keita
    Shaqiri
    Salah
    Firmino
    Mane

/Toby

ElTel wrote: »
    There is more of a wheeler-dealer feel to our transfer dealings with the current owners. It's hard not to connect Clyne's loan (with no recall option as someone earlier posted) with the 20M Solanke deal. This is something we have to accept. Gone are the days when a nominal fee is accepted for a discarded player and a new player signed.

As for reason he was not making the bench; perhaps his back problems are faked to maintain his resale value because he's way down the pecking order?:pac: I've no idea and wouldn't like to speculate but I wish Clyne all the best.

I've not seen a single word to suggest the two moves were linked
    x43r0 wrote: »
    Maybe he was following instructions but against Wolves Camacho was all over the place positionally. He spent most of the game pushed way up on the wing. I think I recall him being in the centre forward position once or twice even

Camacho is not a full back really he loves to bomb on and when your nearest CB is 16 you're not going to get much guidance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Final nail gone into Spurs title challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Fielding Moreno is the equivalent of taking dump in your front room and hoping it doesn't smell.

A terrible idea with unrealistic expectations.

Final nail gone into Spurs title challenge.

Still in the cups also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'd rather start someone from this thread than Moreno tbh

Nah, you wouldn't! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Ryan Babel is back folks just signed for Fulham

Headless chicken dribbling and wayward crossing - just what Fulham need right now! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Headless chicken dribbling and wayward crossing - just what Fulham need right now! :pac:

Running fast and hitting the ball really hard at the goal. Could be something to it for a team that's only scored 20 goals.

Not like anyone good's going to be lining up to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Headless chicken dribbling and wayward crossing - just what Fulham need right now!

Thought they took Moreno off us for a second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ryan Babel is back folks just signed for Fulham

Hopefully he can bundle in another winner against United in a few weeks. I was in the main stand when he did it in front of the Kop, one of the best memories of my life. Always loved him since, no matter how inconsistent he was.

Also, the Babelcopter is quality in-joke material. It surely has high standing on Owayn’s list. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Happy for him to be back in the league, looks like his career is having a bit of a resurgence.. Firmly back in the international team, and was scoring regularly for Besiktas.

Never quite lived up to his insane potential, but it's been a good career none-the-less. Has probably done the best of that very highly rated Dutch U-21 side. It's funny to look at the lineups from their match-of-a-million-penalties against England in the semi's actually - Milner was starting for England!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can Clyne not be recalled or would it be considered bad form to take him back for a game when Gomez likely to be back soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

noodler wrote: »
    Can Clyne not be recalled or would it be considered bad form to take him back for a game when Gomez likely to be back soon?

No recall option in the loan deal.

Thought loaning Clyne was strange, now it's a bit of a mess.

We can probably manage just about but any more injuries at the back and we're struggling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Thought loaning Clyne was strange, now it's a bit of a mess.

We can probably manage just about but any more injuries at the back and we're struggling

Why is it a mess....Klopp had a player who wasnt happy and wanted out.

He has Fab, Gomez (once fit) and Milner to fill in in the position. Fabs plays there for Brazil so I would say that is OK cover to have.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement