Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I think that's an excellent point. Doesn't matter where they won, the pressure and the like what be similar.
    It's ramped up now becuase but their experience has ramped up too. So the pressure is all relative and they experienced it.
    Really good post 8-10. I wonder how much each player were involved in these league wins though.
    Sturridge? Was he vital? Shaqiri too?
    That might be a factor. Involved but not vital cogs.

Yeah Sturridge really doesn't belong to be fair. Premier League and Champions League winning medals for being in the vicinity of the team. Shaqiri definitely contributed to Bayern even if he wasn't first choice and was first team for Basel too when they won the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

8-10 wrote: »
    When's the last time we had as many players in our squad who have won a league title elsewhere in their careers? It seems like only a few years ago we were full of players who were signed from mid table PL clubs or younger players from abroad who didn't have experience of winning anything. Right now it seems like we have quite a few players who have won leagues before joining us

van Dijk
    Salah
    Mané
    Shaqiri
    Sturridge
    Fabinho
    Milner
    Wijnaldum
    Alisson
    Lovren
    Keita

And then we had players in the lower divisions in England miss out on league wins but still go through the season to get promoted:

Lallana
    Robertson
    Oxlade-Chamberlain

Yeah I know people will say the Scottish/Dutch/Swiss leagues are lower quality etc but just for sheer experience of being at a club while they battle for a title it's encouraging when you compare it to some of our past squads in the PL era.

Never dawned on me, that. Great point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Wijnaldum captained PSV to their title in 2015 as well. That experience will deffo come in handy in the run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

shamrock55 wrote: »
    He told the s*n?? Well I hope for his sake he didn't speak to them

Why's that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,292 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Why's that?

No need to explain that at all just look at Souness

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why's that?

You're great craic.

5starpool wrote: »
    You're great craic.

You're clearly not.

Shamrock said 'for his sake' - I'm curious to know what he meant by that is all. No need to but in if you're not interested in the questions being posed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

You're clearly not.

Shamrock said 'for his sake' - I'm curious to know what he meant by that is all. No need to but in if you're not interested in the questions being posed.

There's no need to be this deliberately obtuse you're fooling nobody

There's no need to be this deliberately obtuse you're fooling nobody

The super minds on the Liverpool thread have rumbled me ...
    I forgot you're not allowed raise anything on here once it's connected to Hillsborough - lads with their JFT96 tattoos get all uppity ...

I merely wanted to know what the poster thinks would happen to Mane if he did speak to the Sun .... it came across like he was going to organize a mob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

All kinds of twitter guff about Fekir supposedly handing in his 932th transfer request.

Wouldn't be surprised if Spurs made a late move for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I forgot you're not allowed raise anything on here once it's connected to Hillsborough - lads with their JFT96 tattoos get all uppity ...

I merely wanted to know what the poster thinks would happen to Mane if he did speak to the Sun .... it came across like he was going to organize a mob.

Strangely enough I think Klopp banned any of his players from talking to the sun since 2016 due to a Story they wrote about Dejan's wife,

The Club have banned them from the training ground and Anfield since god knows when ,
    Everton have also banned them from there ground and training facilities since Kelvin MacKenzie wrote an article about Ross Barkley andthe people of Liverpool a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,292 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Search Souness and that rag like i said already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Search Souness and that rag like i said already

The only believable thing that in it is the horoscopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Are we still after Nabil Fekir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Chelsea I'll bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lads, it’s fcuking Indykaila.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah Sturridge really doesn't belong to be fair. Premier League and Champions League winning medals for being in the vicinity of the team. Shaqiri definitely contributed to Bayern even if he wasn't first choice and was first team for Basel too when they won the league

To be honest, I only mentioned Shaqiri so it wouldn't look like I was picking on Sturridge. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Would love to take a January punt on Fekir but reckon its clear by now that Klopp wont. Also looking at Klopps transfer history for us he has only ever bought one player in January-VVD which was mainly because of that transfer breaking down the previous summer. It seems for Klopp that he is not keen on players joining the club mid-season. He puts a lot of emphasis on players having a full pre-season to learn his system and their role within it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Would love to take a January punt on Fekir but reckon its clear by now that Klopp wont. Also looking at Klopps transfer history for us he has only ever bought one player in January-VVD which was mainly because of that transfer breaking down the previous summer. It seems for Klopp that he is not keen on players joining the club mid-season. He puts a lot of emphasis on players having a full pre-season to learn his system and their role within it.

Coutinho and suarez were both January transfers (not klopps obviously) and that went well, I would hope for at least one but it looks like we could we getting through the worst of the injury crisis by the end of the month, any update on chamberlain lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah sure the way he brings them in gradual like Robertson , Fabby etc they wouldn't be playing until next season anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah Coutinho & Suarez are stand out January transfers for us. Ive always been of the opinion that if your season is going well in January and you're in a title challenge then you should throw some more chips on the table and go out and buy a player that you would hope will immediately make an impact. In a league with fine margins between winning and losing a good January transfer can help to tip the balance in your favour. Fekir definitely fits that profile for me but as said Klopp seems to have this thing where he wants all signings to be trained in his system which takes 6-8 weeks for some players and even longer for others like Robertson/Fabinho. Klopp is a stubborn fcuker at times too so I cant see him changing tack from previous Januarys and buying in this window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Bit ironic that you're using the word uppity when a throwaway general comment has you all hot under the collar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I think a big signing poses a risk. Could upset the balance of the team bedding in a new player. It worked beautifully with Van Dijk tbf but look at Keita, he's had 6 months at the club and still hasn't fully figured out his role in the team.

I don't see any signings bar maybe a stop gap right back for cover.

Would love to see Coutinho return but it almost certainly won't happen. City or PSG would outbid us and offer him better wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Resigning coutinho wouldn't be good. Bringing back in a player who left and might I add refused to play at one stage. Him taking the place of a players bursting their bollox all season would be bad for morale. Klopp wouldn't entertain the idea of bringing him back anyway, you had your chance good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Today would have been the greatest ever English manager's 100th Birthday.

zzdti91661.jpg

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/334161-liverpool-fc-celebrate-100th-birthday-bob-paisley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Can we sign Bielsa?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Can we sign Bielsa?

The next 007

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah Coutinho & Suarez are stand out January transfers for us. Ive always been of the opinion that if your season is going well in January and you're in a title challenge then you should throw some more chips on the table and go out and buy a player that you would hope will immediately make an impact. In a league with fine margins between winning and losing a good January transfer can help to tip the balance in your favour. Fekir definitely fits that profile for me but as said Klopp seems to have this thing where he wants all signings to be trained in his system which takes 6-8 weeks for some players and even longer for others like Robertson/Fabinho. Klopp is a stubborn fcuker at times too so I cant see him changing tack from previous Januarys and buying in this window.

Newcastle tried that with Tino Asprilla and it really upset their dressing room.

Ended up blowing their lead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Rodney Marsh is blamed for Man City blowing up in the 71-72 season, on the flip side Ronnie Rosenthal scored seven goals in 8 games at the back end of 1990 season winning us the league.
    Hindsight and the internet makes me appear really knowledgeable.

Moanes dabour rumour rumbling without any substance and Origi to spurs one popping up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Harry Wilson on the telly v Soton BBC One. just played a champagne pass which didn't end in a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Can we sign Bielsa?

Have to laugh at the drama involved in all this spygate sh1t. Klopp requested curtains at the BVB training ground years ago, he got trees, later a stand and the club bought a piece of ground close by because it was a hill with a perfect view to their main training pitch. He also expressed his suprise at Melwood not having such facilities after he signed......

bvb-huegel.jpg

Munich and AC Milan amongst others also have curtains which they close for their last session before games. This allows them to practice in a private enviroment. Would say British clubs should cop on, stop crying and move on. Standard practice.....even if they dont want to admit it.

887757_928x522_1oMItm_OXcEgR.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sure couldn't a club just use a drone to counteract the curtains. Leeds have probably bought a few after their fella was caught last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Sure couldn't a club just use a drone to counteract the curtains. Leeds have probably bought a few after their fella was caught last week.

Any football clubs have their training grounds close to Gatwick??? :D:D

All I was trying to say is its a lot of noise for nothing. Clubs have been doing it for years....just havent been caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ShamoBuc wrote: »

You'd have to do it inconspicuously. Maybe put a moustache on the drone.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You'd have to do it inconspicuously. Maybe put a moustache on the drone.

Ian Rush spotted hovering above opposition training ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Harry Wilson on the telly v Soton BBC One. just played a champagne pass which didn't end in a goal.

Was it the back heel? Still provided a goal and an assist. I noticed him willing his teammates on to press the Southampton defence, which I liked.

Yep, it was part of a lovely move, deserved a goal. Wilson played well especially first game back.

• Advertisement

Yep, it was part of a lovely move, deserved a goal. Wilson played well especially first game back.

Yeah it was nice quick move but I only caught maybe the last replay just as I switched it on.

Should really be considering calling him back to Liverpool;)but it looks very unlikely at this stage.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Yeah it was nice quick move but I only caught maybe the last replay just as I switched it on.

Should really be considering calling him back to Liverpool;)but it looks very unlikely at this stage.

What's the point in calling him back when he'll be getting very little game time. He's developing excellently there, why interrupt that? He's never going to get ahead of Shaqiri who's been excellent and even his game time has been limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Have to laugh at the drama involved in all this spygate sh1t. Klopp requested curtains at the BVB training ground years ago, he got trees, later a stand and the club bought a piece of ground close by because it was a hill with a perfect view to their main training pitch. He also expressed his suprise at Melwood not having such facilities after he signed......

bvb-huegel.jpg

Munich and AC Milan amongst others also have curtains which they close for their last session before games. This allows them to practice in a private enviroment. Would say British clubs should cop on, stop crying and move on. Standard practice.....even if they dont want to admit it.

887757_928x522_1oMItm_OXcEgR.jpg

Funnily enough, i've noticed only recently the club seem to have put up screens at Melwood

Kirby will have a moat, a 1 km kill zone and watch towers with laser guns for the drones.

magma69 wrote: »
    What's the point in calling him back when he'll be getting very little game time. He's developing excellently there, why interrupt that? He's never going to get ahead of Shaqiri who's been excellent and even his game time has been limited.

Thats great if everyone stays fit but what happens if we're unlucky and find ourselves with a couple of injuries up front?

The players available at the moment in defence is fairly slim, I dread to think how those sort of numbers would affect us up front. No harm having Wilson back at the club just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Southampton going out of the cup means we will have no rearranged league games due to clashing with the Fa cup.If city make the fa sf. They will have 3 rearranged league games to fit in.

Thats great if everyone stays fit but what happens if we're unlucky and find ourselves with a couple of injuries up front?

The players available at the moment in defence is fairly slim, I dread to think how those sort of numbers would affect us up front. No harm having Wilson back at the club just in case.

He'd effectively be replacing Solanke in the pecking order up front. He played two games this season. It's unlikely we'll hit an injury crisis that severe for him to get significant game time.

Is it really worth ruining the momentum he currently has with Derby? He's a seriously bright prospect and game time at his age is essential to develop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No harm to Liverpool this season, it could well harm Wilson's development and in turn Liverpool in future

Echo report club want to get rid of Markovic this window rather than let him escape for free in June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Echo report club want to get rid of Markovic this window rather than let him escape for free in June

Can't see anyone buying him and can't see him missing out on the final 6 months of the wages he has no chance of getting else where ,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement