Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yeah it seems fairly pointless. In other transfer news rumouring Liverpool are linked with Porto's Brazilian right sided defender Eder Militao. Only a kid 20. Porto are on Freesports every other week so might get the chance to see him this week. The source is apparently a reasonable one for accuracy.

Be great to get rid of Lovren for this kid.

https://esporte.uol.com.br/futebol/ultimas-noticias/2019/01/15/mesmo-com-interesse-do-real-preferencia-de-militao-e-pela-premier-league.htm

edit Porto are on tomorrow evening at 7 PM so we can see him then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So some of the papers today have that Klopp want's to bring a n number 10 and a striker in the summer with Origi and Sturridge both leaving.

So that rules out Fekir and Werner this window so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

So some of the papers today have that Klopp want's to bring a n number 10 and a striker in the summer with Origi and Sturridge both leaving.

Werner was alway going to be summer if it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Seems Origi is doing documentaries about himself these days, a la Karius in LA....

https://streamable.com/e0md5

Be nice to have a live in cook wouldn't it?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'll be stunned if we sign anyone this month. Any well-connected journalist near the club - Pearce, Joyce, etc - have all said that the club is not planning on being active after a big financial splurge in the last 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'll be stunned if we sign anyone this month. Any well-connected journalist near the club - Pearce, Joyce, etc - have all said that the club is not planning on being active after a big financial splurge in the last 12 months.

It's strange at the lack of activity in England this window. Fulham need at least 1 defender, Arsenal & Spurs now have issues too. I'd add Newcastle too but they are trying to pretend a takeover is happening.
    Even Sky aren't pushing the transfer window as much, probably as nobody cares who Cardiff sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Echo report club want to get rid of Markovic this window rather than let him escape for free in June

not a hope he is on 50K a week. he'll ride it out till the summer and can go to whoever he wants. I thought he was good for Hull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A 10?

If we could nab Isco, that'd be greeaaatttt.

ERG89 wrote: »
    It's strange at the lack of activity in England this window. Fulham need at least 1 defender, Arsenal & Spurs now have issues too. I'd add Newcastle too but they are trying to pretend a takeover is happening.
    Even Sky aren't pushing the transfer window as much, probably as nobody cares who Cardiff sign.

Have noticed this - I feel like the fanfare of it all will only kick in in the last few days but, other than that, people seem more interested in actual football at the moment. Even in terms of the soap opera-style 'narrative' that Sky wants to push, there's plenty to choose from - Kane's injuries and how it effects Spurs, the Arsenal behind-the-scenes issues, Liverpool's title challenge, City's title defence, United turning it around under a former pro... Plenty there to discuss before we even mention Bielsa!!

It has been exceptionally quiet, though. I mean, there is arguably about 9/10 sides who need a striker alone - you'd have thought that the likes of Huddersfield, Southampton and others would be taking a chance to ensure that they can avoid the drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Can't see anyone buying him and can't see him missing out on the final 6 months of the wages he has no chance of getting else where ,

Definitely one of the worst signings we ever made. 20 million at the time was big money and he'd accomplished virtually nothing at the time. Shocking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

ERG89 wrote: »

Not that strange, sterling has taken a tumble with brexit so the cost of buying players has gone up and I'd imagine a lot of the players thinking of coming to England might be waiting to see what happens before they uproot their families there.

Also, when you look at Bournemouth wanting 75 million for Wilson... markets gone mad, innit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

DrumSteve wrote: »
    sterling has taken a tumble with brexit

Always said he went down too easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

magma69 wrote: »
    Definitely one of the worst signings we ever made. 20 million at the time was big money and he'd accomplished virtually nothing at the time. Shocking stuff.

I remember he had been linked with Chelsea and we sort of pipped them. Funny thing is they'd be looking to sell him now for 30 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

sweetie wrote: »
    I remember he had been linked with Chelsea and we sort of pipped them. Funny thing is they'd be looking to sell him now for 30 million.

I think it was the opposite iirc.

Chelsea had the first option on signing him for about £10m but decided not to take up the option and paid the full amount. I think there was some complications with agent fees/third party ownership so we ended up paying so much.

Really, seeing Chelsea pull out of any possible transfer should have been the wake up call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Always said he went down too easily.

That's not what all those girlfriends say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Good article on VVD courtesy of the Coaches Voice.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/premier-league-player-watch-virgil-van-dijk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Joyce says Andy's about to sign a new 5 year contract

Joyce says Andy's about to sign a new 5 year contract

Also confirms that Sturridge and Moreno are off in the summer.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/andrew-robertson-set-to-sign-new-five-year-liverpool-contract-sfbgxj6ss
    Moreno has managed just 12 appearances for Liverpool since losing his place through injury and will leave on a free transfer at the end of the season. A return to Spain is likely for the former Seville player.

Daniel Sturridge — who has until February to respond to a FA misconduct charge relating to betting — will also depart with his contract scheduled to run out in the summer.

Also, I had forgotten about Sturridge's betting charge.

EDIT:
    With Moreno, Sturridge and Markovic definitely gone in the summer, Mignolet sure to push for an exit and Origi pretty likely to go too, we will either see quite a few new arrivals in the squad or quite a few youngsters pushing the first team for places. My guess, 2-3 new first team arrivals and a large contingent of youngsters in and around the first team, with the likes of Harry Wilson, etc included in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Moreno leaving is almost as good as winning a trophy

• Advertisement

Mig (someone from Burnley they've got loads of them)
    Moreno - Tierney (or more likely Adam Lewis)
    Strridge/Origi - Werner/Brewster
    Lallana (surely) - Wilson

Sorted ;)

So chuffed with the Andy Robertson news, delighted about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That's the spine of the team on long term contracts. Fantastic news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Best LB in the last 30 years for the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Christ, didnt realise he was only 24 !! Excellent news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Who remembers being underwhelmed by his signing and then feeling proved right when Moreno was keeping him out of the side
    fantastic signing

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1085952464388530182

Pearce banging out the good news today -

Ox could be back starting matches by April...

He will be such a boost to the team!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Mig (someone from Burnley they've got loads of them) £60k
    Moreno - Tierney (or more likely Adam Lewis) £40k
    Strridge/Origi - Werner/Brewster £120k / £55k
    Lallana (surely) - Wilson £65k

Sorted ;)

and £340k in saved wages, so in the current market 1 very good and 2 decent player salaries...

• Advertisement

"But he only cost 8 million and he went down with Hull!"

and "Moreno's been really good so far this season"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,635 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Also confirms that Sturridge and Moreno are off in the summer.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/andrew-robertson-set-to-sign-new-five-year-liverpool-contract-sfbgxj6ss

Also, I had forgotten about Sturridge's betting charge.

EDIT:
    With Moreno, Sturridge and Markovic definitely gone in the summer, Mignolet sure to push for an exit and Origi pretty likely to go too, we will either see quite a few new arrivals in the squad or quite a few youngsters pushing the first team for places. My guess, 2-3 new first team arrivals and a large contingent of youngsters in and around the first team, with the likes of Harry Wilson, etc included in that.
    Thats why I think we could yet see a
    sneaky buy yet. An attacking midfielder / forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    and £340k in saved wages, so in the current market 1 very good and 2 decent player salaries...

Don't get why people worry about player salaries.

They will leave and be replaced by other highly paid players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Wage bill won't know itself in the summer cutting all that fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This post reminded my of an offer I found on Boards this week that you may not have seen.

Unimited access to The Times & The Sunday Times. First month free and €5 per month after that. Link

It's a great offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's harsh, he had a half decent game against Sunderland once.

https://streamable.com/600tq

Do pigeons have feelings?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Saw this on Twitter yesterday and meant to share it - Adrien Rabiot appears to be in a league of his own when it comes to getting the ball forward.

Dw97EuvW0AEcpn0.jpg:large

Original tweet: @FinerMargins: Europe's top central midfielders at progressing the ball...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Kind of just tells us something we already know, PSG dominate the other teams in their division and get the ball forward with ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Interesting that Milner is our midfielder that gets the ball forward most.

• Advertisement

Henderson?

Edit, listed on the Twitter thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Give Fab a few more games and he will change that stat....

Henderson?

I can't find his name on there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Keita gets the ball further forward but does so less frequently.

Talisman wrote: »
    Keita gets the ball further forward but does so less frequently.

Is it not that he carries it forward (~5 times per 90 minutes), whilst Milner passes it forward (~11 times per 90 minutes)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Give Fab a few more games and he will change that stat....

He's played enough minutes to be included in it

Henderson 7.4 pp and 2.4 pc per 90.
    Fabinho 5.7 pp and 2.8 pc per 90.
    Gini 4.1 pp and 2.6 pc per 90.

But he always passes it backwards and sideways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Talisman wrote: »
    Saw this on Twitter yesterday and meant to share it - Adrien Rabiot appears to be in a league of his own when it comes to getting the ball forward.

Dw97EuvW0AEcpn0.jpg:large

Original tweet: @FinerMargins: Europe's top central midfielders at progressing the ball...

Jesus, that looks like long division to me. I haven't an iota what's going on in these graphs, i'm just happy to watch the games as they are and leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Damien360

It is hard to follow that diagram but how much of Rabiot apparent greatness is a function of PSG in a very lop sided league. A quick look at the table and they are very far out in front. Not too many inspiring competitive teams in the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Great news about Robertson, and that we seem to be shifting off the dead wood during the summer. Probably a couple of seasons too late with Sturridge as we probably could have got a decent fee at some stage over the last despite his issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I don't think Sturridge will get a PL club. Doesn't have the physical qualities for the PL anymore.

Probably a move to the MLS.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement