Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If only we could get this side of Henderson back we'd be flying;)

You also have to take into account that Gerrard was probably holding him back at that stage of his Liverpool career.

Such an underrated player at the moment, the guy is so disciplined and clearly just follows the instructions from the management to benefit the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Charlie19 wrote: »

You also have to take into account that Gerrard was probably holding him back at that stage of his Liverpool career.

Such an underrated player at the moment, the guy is so disciplined and clearly just follows the instructions from the management to benefit the team.

Henderson is clearly playing to Klopp's instructions. All this 'lateral backwards passing' nonsense that's said against him, he's there to get the ball and keep things ticking over. He's clearly not Iniesta so why do people think he should be splitting defences? That's not his role at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Cringe.

Jordan Henderson 2015-2019: The pointer.

Bonus content includes: How to run your hand through your hair 100 times in 90 minutes.

His transfer to West Ham/Crystal Palace can't come soon enough.

monkey9 wrote: »
    he's there to get the ball and keep things ticking over.

Really?

tick over
    phrasal verb of tick
    (of an engine) idle.
    work or function at a basic or minimum level.

What a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He's thrown the book at you, there. And that book is the dictionary.

Grayditch wrote: »
    He's thrown the book at you, there. And that book is the dictionary.

Saw it on reddit (great site).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Win, lose or draw tomorrow, we also want an Arsenal result. City play Chelsea and Arsenal back to back in few weeks. Need both of them scrapping for fourth when those games happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Negative_G wrote: »
    Cringe.

Jordan Henderson 2015-2019: The pointer.

Bonus content includes: How to run your hand through your hair 100 times in 90 minutes.
    1ais transfer to West Ham/Crystal Palace can't come soon enough.

If there was no "deadwood" in the squad. We would be behind city right now.
    The squad is much stronger with hendo than without him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I’ll take another one nil today with Mo punching the ball into the goal in the 94th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I’ll take another one nil today with Mo punching the ball into the goal in the 94th minute.

Offside aswell surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I’d love if he punched a peno in and got away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I love the way people give out about Hendo when he clearly make our beat XI every time.

Kieta has proved nothing yet. Loads of promise but Hendo is far more reliable. Fabinho is top class but Hendo is more rounded and offers more.

Jordan can make those killer passes. I know he goes to the side and back alot but watch the team ffs. They all do it. Its the tactic! We pass back and baco and back. Drawing on the opposition to make space for a long ball overvthe defence for mo or mane. If the ball is won by the opposition we start pressing fast. If we win the ball in a few seconds we attack an unorganised defence. If we win it back after awhile we start passing backwards again starting again.

When the opposition doesnt come to us it just looks frustrating with Hendo and gini passing back or to the side. Because even though we have to go forward we do still try to drag the opposition out of position for those hollywood balls to mo and mane to get behind the defence.

Yes its easy to blame Hendo. But why do you not also blame gini and millie who clearly do the exact same thing.

Hendo is the new lucas. When he does leave we will talk about how we miss a player like him and how when we lost him in the city game all those years ago thats what cost us the league. He is a very very big player for us like it or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mr.H wrote: »
    I love the way people give out about Hendo when he clearly make our beat XI every time.

Kieta has proved nothing yet. Loads of promise but Hendo is far more reliable. Fabinho is top class but Hendo is more rounded and offers more.

Jordan can make those killer passes. I know he goes to the side and back alot but watch the team ffs. They all do it. Its the tactic! We pass back and baco and back. Drawing on the opposition to make space for a long ball overvthe defence for mo or mane. If the ball is won by the opposition we start pressing fast. If we win the ball in a few seconds we attack an unorganised defence. If we win it back after awhile we start passing backwards again starting again.

When the opposition doesnt come to us it just looks frustrating with Hendo and gini passing back or to the side. Because even though we have to go forward we do still try to drag the opposition out of position for those hollywood balls to mo and mane to get behind the defence.

Yes its easy to blame Hendo. But why do you not also blame gini and millie who clearly do the exact same thing.

Hendo is the new lucas. When he does leave we will talk about how we miss a player like him and how when we lost him in the city game all those years ago thats what cost us the league. He is a very very big player for us like it or not
    Henderson is good & undervalued but he is not more rounded than Fabinho.

Fabinho has everything ,forward passing,excellent in the air & covers a lot of ground. Better close control as well.

He will improve even more when he gets more used to the tempo.
    Since December Fabinho has been one of our best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think our team today will be
    Alisson
    Milner---Matip--VVD--Robertson
    ---Henderson---Fabinho
    Shaqiri----Firmino
    Mane
    Salah

Gini in for Henderon if fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Mr.H wrote: »

Hendo is a sound man and a solid player. I think the problem arises with some fans is that he is captain of the club and I don’t think his playing ability warrants that title. He is also a very limited player. He contributes no goals and very few key passes/assists. Now one could agrue that’s not his role and I would be in agreement but our attack is best when we move the ball to them quickly ,which with Henderson, is very rarely possible as he alway takes three touches before moving the ball forward.

Klopp bought two CM last summer which gives and indication that what we had was not good enough. Henderson is blessed keita is having such a mare this year or I think he would be on his way out in the summer.

As it stands it would be utter madness to ever let Henderson go as he he can contribute massively to team by starting about 30 games a season but make no mistake that next year he won’t be captain, he will be 3rd/4th choice cm .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Had a dream last night, its towards the end of the season, liverpool are ahead of city(just) wth a few games to go. However the club has been struck by a vomiting bug, affects everyone bar a few - vvd is ok as brick walls dont get sick, milner's ribena diet ensures hes not as impacted.
    Upcoming game against newcastle, able to cobble a defence and midfield together, but the front 3 are all out. Sturridge is still made of glass, so Origi only fit first team forward. Neil mellor is unretired out of desperation, but still need another forward. Enter lazar, who is virus free cos he was training with the under 12s. He scores a hattrick to let liverpool win 3-2, applauded off the field, Pool win the league, he leaves a hero on a free in the summer.

Think toby has infiltrated my dreams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think our team today will be
    Alisson
    Milner---Matip--VVD--Robertson
    ---Henderson---Fabinho
    Shaqiri----Firmino
    Mane
    Salah

Gini in for Henderon if fit.

I'd start Kieta instead of Shaqiri. I just think Shaqiri is much better off the bench when teams are tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'd start Kieta instead of Shaqiri. I just think Shaqiri is much better off the bench when teams are tired.

He tore Belgium a new one when playing in a Swiss shirt for 90 mins. I don't think we've seen enough of him playing 90 for us yet to properly cast judgement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

MD1990 wrote: »
    Henderson is good & undervalued but he is not more rounded than Fabinho.

Fabinho has everything ,forward passing,excellent in the air & covers a lot of ground. Better close control as well.

He will improve even more when he gets more used to the tempo.
    Since December Fabinho has been one of our best players.
    I get both your points but Henderson has shown he is more tactically flexible ie can play in the 2 man midfield and also be the base player in the 3. Dont think Fabinho had shown he can play this role yet and not sure he be as effective in the other roles in a 3.

Very difficult to compare as they both doing different roles. I would like to see what Fabinho can do in that holding role of a 3 man midfield though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Expected news presumably 5 years so 2024.

There's been talk that TAA and Gini could well be in the squad today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bowlardo wrote: »
    . He contributes no goals and very few key passes/assists. .

He has averaged a goal every 10 league games across his time at the club. How does that stack against players at other clubs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Expected news presumably 5 years so 2024.

There's been talk that TAA and Gini could well be in the squad today.

Is it unusual for contract stories to break on a match day? The club is really being well managed, keeping all the players on long term contracts, even coutinho having a new contract meant that the best price was got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Hendo is a sound man and a solid player. I think the problem arises with some fans is that he is captain of the club and I don’t think his playing ability warrants that title. He is also a very limited player. He contributes no goals and very few key passes/assists. Now one could agrue that’s not his role and I would be in agreement but our attack is best when we move the ball to them quickly ,which with Henderson, is very rarely possible as he alway takes three touches before moving the ball forward.

Klopp bought two CM last summer which gives and indication that what we had was not good enough. Henderson is blessed keita is having such a mare this year or I think he would be on his way out in the summer.

As it stands it would be utter madness to ever let Henderson go as he he can contribute massively to team by starting about 30 games a season but make no mistake that next year he won’t be captain, he will be 3rd/4th choice cm .

I agree 100% but how would he take losing the captaincy? Bit of an awkward situation to go through. Well, it worked out pretty good when Gerrard took Hyppia's armband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just looking at a PL thing on Sky. Norwich 8 points clear going into the Christmas games, no-one saying the league was over back then.
    That's the calibre you had to beat back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I agree 100% but how would he take losing the captaincy? Bit of an awkward situation to go through. Well, it worked out pretty good when Gerrard took Hyppia's armband.

Hard to argue giving the captaincy to VVD next season. I don’t Henderson is the egotistical so I think he’ll be grand. Also it might soften the blow if he finishes lifting the trophy at the end of the season. Nice footy for the mantelpiece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pretty Much all our best players signed up to long term contracts now. Doesn't mean they'll see out their careers here but it's important Liverpool don't let key assets walk out the door for far below their market value. Everyone happy playing for Klopp not a whisper of a want away player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Hard to argue giving the captaincy to VVD next season. I don’t Henderson is the egotistical so I think he’ll be grand. Also it might soften the blow if he finishes lifting the trophy at the end of the season. Nice footy for the mantelpiece

Hendersons seems like the type of player who would happily vacate the role for the good of the club. I wonder if klopp will change though as Henderson seems like a great person to have off the field in the dressing room etc but you just can't have a captain who is not playing majority of games if not every game*

*Providing he is to become a squad player next season as most people agree on.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Can't see him dropping the captaincy unless he's moving on/demoted to the bench. Klopp would have stripped him off it if he wasn't happy with him.

Tbh, I don't care too much who is captain once we are winning.

But yeah VVD seems the obvious choice for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

fyfe79 wrote: »
    2 words. Markovic. Benfica.

Still at the club :eek:

A win today and we would equal the total points haul for 2015/16, the season Leicester won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,003 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

A true Joy of being a pool fan these days - is players are staying.

I was always in a mild state of panic when someone starting playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

VVD will lead and organise whether captain or not. I wouldn't worry too much about whether he or hendo has the armband. Hendo's captaincy should only come into question if his viability for first team selection becomes overly questionable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Hodgson has never conceded a goal at Anfield (as a visiting manager - don't mention the war).

Time to rectify that stat today. Milner & Matip v Saha would worry me today though.

I'd take 1-0 scrappy win right now!

Salah pen last min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

garra wrote: »
    Hodgson has never conceded a goal at Anfield (as a visiting manager - don't mention the war).

Time to rectify that stat today. Milner & Matip v Saha would worry me today though.

I was there for one of them. A 1-0 home loss to West Brom. Horrible.

garra wrote: »

Palace were the last visiting team to win a league match at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Palace were the last visiting team to win a league match at Anfield.

Yeah I was there. Coutinho beautiful free-kick and then Benteke happens, twice.
    Lightning never strikes twice does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Can't see Coutinho scoring if I'm honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Just arrived here in Leipzig for the BVB game this evening and someone from Liverpool is here to scout a player. Just been told by a member of the press team that the same person will travel to Gelsenkirchen tomorrow to watch another player, wonder if he wants a lift back..... All potential summer moves. Shouldnt expect anything major in Jan. one has said.

On a side note BVB are very interested in a young Fulham player Matt O´Riley...anyone know anything about him. People here claiming he is the next big thing and a potential Sancho....Bundesliga should make him to a superstar. Is he Irish???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

ERG89 wrote: »
    That'll do - glad he's not risking Trent and Gini as there was speculation they could be considered - Millie will be well able for Zaha (no jinxies!) and Robbo can bomb on.- wonder if he'll give Rafa a few mins. Hope Nabby has a good one, do his confidence some good and then let Shaq loose for a while. Can't wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Contracts mean nothing except a higher sale fee, but glad he has signed a new contract without throwing his teddy like Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Just arrived here in Leipzig for the BVB game this evening and someone from Liverpool is here to scout a player. Just been told by a member of the press team that the same person will travel to Gelsenkirchen tomorrow to watch another player, wonder if he wants a lift back..... All potential summer moves. Shouldnt expect anything major in Jan. one has said.

On a side note BVB are very interested in a young Fulham player Matt O´Riley...anyone know anything about him. People here claiming he is the next big thing and a potential Sancho....Bundesliga should make him to a superstar. Is he Irish???

english youth international also eligable to play for denmark and norway seemingly rangers and celtic are interested in him aswell,he is playing for fulhams under 23 team

Wtf happened reddit soccer streams?

Edit: Nothing to see here, crisis over.

I dont like change;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Wtf happened reddit soccer streams?

Still there. Ace is your best bet

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Still there. Ace is your best bet

I just use the top streamer, Buffstreams.

Have it on now and its crystal;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

yeah buff or the baldstreamer are the ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Good article on a once favorite around here
    https://www.the42.ie/richie-partridge-interview-4439365-Jan2019/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's quiet, maybe too quiet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement