Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bit of a break now until we play Leicester. Time enough to get everybody back fit and refreshed for next run of fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

cjmc wrote: »
    Just seen the score . WTF happened !

Don't ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

superg wrote: »
    Anyway a huge win and a massive test passed but the defending was a big worry. First possible sign of the pressure that.

That just crazy talk. First sign of pressure ye must be joking.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Signs the past few weeks that Milner’s legs might finally be going?

Tough on him today though having to defend Zaha on the wing.

Jaysus i dunno Zaha is up there in the top 5 most difficult players to play against in EPL , fantastic threat always.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That's the mandatory 4-3 win crossed out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Justice prevailed, that’s what happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Milner could not cope with Zaha's wig play, but not many can. It hardly reflects on Milner. Firmino cost Milner his second yellow, a clear ball to him that he let go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

The 2 week break has come at a perfect time. Need Gomez and TAA back after it. And the Ox might not be too long after them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Dcully wrote: »
    Jaysus i dunno Zaha is up there in the top 5 most difficult players to play against in EPL , fantastic threat always.

Not just today though. Looked a bit leggy lately imo. Super fit but eventually the legs don’t get you there as quick as they once did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Wasn't watching the game but given the amount of messages I got at half time and the utter silence now it must have played out like the resurrection in the space of 45 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c435872704d78756b8c347f

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Marty Bird wrote: »
    That just crazy talk. First sign of pressure ye must be joking.

Did yer miss the "possible" bit. We've just conceded 3 goals for the first time in god knows how long. Something was up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

City lost in their home game to Palace btw, lest ye forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good to see the front 3 all score.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wasn't watching the game but given the amount of messages I got at half time and the utter silence now it must have played out like the resurrection in the space of 45 minutes.

Its gas you dont even have to watch the game , can always reply on man u fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Jaysus but me jocks are in smithereens after that!

Great character to come back and win.

Also a shout out for the understanding VVD and Fab in front of him have developed. The latter really is turning into a fantastic buy. I hope the sub for the injury was just precautionary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Send them all off on holiday for the week, come back refreshed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

His legs ran further than any other player on the pitch, he was providing an option and getting crosses in all day, one which lead to 3rd goal.
    He was done by Zaha a few times today, but a 10 year younger Milner would also have suffered in same fashion I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

What a mad mad game. After all this talk in the press about not choking in the title race, we proper sh*t the bed on a couple of occasions and I thought choke is exactly what we were going to do.

Thankfully Speroni did a Karius on it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Missed a bit of calm from Gini in midfield today.

Liverpool off to Dubai now before Leicester game.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Send them all off on holiday for the week, come back refreshed.

Off to Dubai aren't they

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ffs he was up and down the pitch like a blue arse fly, just because a player isn't quick doesn't mean their legs are gone, if those players were told stay on that field till you drop he'd be the last to go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Not just today though. Looked a bit leggy lately imo. Super fit but eventually the legs don't get you there as quick as they once did.

He's too old to play full back. How many 33 years are anymore. In midfield he's still important imo especially with the form/fitness of Lallana, Keita & Oxlade Chamberlain.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=264545

Match highlights

Really wish we had an FA cup game next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Did yer miss the "possible" bit. We've just conceded 3 goals for the first time in god knows how long. Something was up.

It was just a bit of a crazy game.....still came through, got punished from the few mistakes. Definitely not the first time we've been under pressure this season to be fair......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

yup think you are right.... although there's not too many that can handle Zaha..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Christ that was tough. Feel like I played in that game. Worn out.
    Nice to get our defenders all fit again. We got away with it today. Not complaining mind!

Anybody listening to LFC TV commentary. Aldo in the last minute was pure comedy gold

Seems we have winter break every year now, and it's no coincidence. Gives us an advantage in league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

SM01 wrote: »
    Jaysus but me jocks are in smithereens after that!

Great character to come back and win.

Also a shout out for the understanding VVD and Fab in front of him have developed. The latter really is turning into a fantastic buy. I hope the sub for the injury was just precautionary.

Fabinho was very good again alright. Nearly one of the 1st names on the team sheet now.

Felt sorry for Milner today trying to keep with Zaha. He battled hard but it's obvious we need more cover at right back. Hopefully Trent will be back soon

• Advertisement

The blue moon forum is a joy to read. The refs, linesmen and now even opponent's goalkeeper are making sure Lfc win the league :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Thomson’s header VVD and Fab clearly blocked off. And Wickham played a lovely ball for the fourth Matip had good pressure on the ball.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

60 points from 23...unreal....horrible game but a deserved 3 points.

Milner will be out of the next game so hopefully the Fab sub was a precaution and TAA will be back for the next game.....happy out all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

11 days rest now before the next game, but points lead could be down to 1 before Liverpool play again so they will be called bottlers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hopefully Fab isnt too badly injured.

tenor.gif?itemid=10611885

Mane in a few days.

I wonder could Edwards convince Palace to take Sturridge & Origi for Wan-Bissaka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

ricero wrote: »
    The blue moon forum is a joy to read. The refs, linesmen and now even opponent's goalkeeper are making sure Lfc win the league :pac:

A famous man once spoke of the Blue Moon Forum as thus: "You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Charlie19 wrote: »
    To me some officials thrive on giving cards and Moss looks to be one of them.

Maybe so but again, it was deserved...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

crazy match, we took our foot a bit off the pedal after 2 - 1 up, Palace are very good upfront. All in all, job done, however as said before we are crying out for a high quality strong midfielder, it could be the difference between winning and losing the league, i believe Klopp also realises this, i expect a signing very soon! Henderson should be a bit player at best from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

11 days rest now before the next game, but points lead could be down to 1 before Liverpool play again so they will be called bottlers

From 10 points, remember!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

I wonder could Edwards convince Palace to take Sturridge & Origi for Wan-Bissaka.

He could add Moreno to the list.....:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Talk about Zaha is misplaced, he'd cost a bomb and cut up rough when not starting a game. Luxury player really in a top top side.

Wan-Bissaka would be a better buy for this team.

crazy match, we took our foot a bit off the pedal after 2 - 1 up, Palace are very good upfront. All in all, job done, however as said before we are crying out for a high quality strong midfielder, it could be the difference between winning and losing the league, i believe Klopp also realises this, i expect a signing very soon! Henderson should be a bit player at best from now on.

I would be quite shocked if we were to bring in anyone this window

NukaCola wrote: »
    It was just a bit of a crazy game.....still came through, got punished from the few mistakes. Definitely not the first time we've been under pressure this season to be fair......

I didn't mean pressure in the game, I mean pressure of going for what we are going for. The next game is another tough one against a team we haven't had great results against in recent years so I'd like to see calm assurance in that one!

• Advertisement

welcome break, it is apparent some players are feeling it physically and at risk of injury, rest and recuperation withblight training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Maybe so but again, it was deserved...

I agree but all Moss could think of was he's on yellow, I can send him off.

Talk about Zaha is misplaced, he'd cost a bomb and cut up rough when not starting a game. Luxury player really in a top top side.

Wan-Bissaka would be a better buy for this team.

Think both are excellent.....Zaha would cost a fortune but say there is definitely a spot for him here, I'd take him without a second thought....

ricero wrote: »

I would be quite shocked if we were to bring in anyone this window
    we really need to and it would be worth the money for what is at stake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Dcully wrote: »
    Its gas you dont even have to watch the game , can always reply on man u fans.

One replied....seemingly its grand they're going to win the CL.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement