Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Really wish we had an FA cup game next week.

What's a FA cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Thomson’s header VVD and Fab clearly blocked off. And Wickham played a lovely ball for the fourth Matip had good pressure on the ball.

Teams try that every game though, it usually doesn't work. Fact is we've had something happen today that hasn't for along long time, may have been just one of those days and I'm delighted we got through it. How we react in the next game will be interesting if there's anything in the "pressure" remark. Teams will have a go now themselves to test it and we haven't had great results against Leicester in recent seasons either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I might get a six pack of sPeronni to watch motd tonight.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Talk about Zaha is misplaced, he'd cost a bomb and cut up rough when not starting a game. Luxury player really in a top top side.

Wan-Bissaka would be a better buy for this team.

who would we drop for Wan-Bissaka ? TAA ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

superg wrote: »
    I didn't mean pressure in the game, I mean pressure of going for what we are going for. The next game is another tough one against a team we haven't had great results against in recent years so I'd like to see calm assurance in that one!

Ah right.....we still came through it well I thought, some uncharacteristic mistakes alright but they were few and far between, we basically got punished for the 2/3 we made.

That 4th goal was huge and it will stand to them in the coming games. I dont think we'd have got that 4th in previous seasons. Some big games coming up, if we can show the same confidence and character of today we'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

mada999 wrote: »
    who would we drop for Wan-Bissaka ? TAA ?

TAA still a young lad with the scope and potential to end up playing anywhere on the pitch.

We have a big squad but as illustrated very recently in the FA cup and through injuries not one steeped in quality.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I agree but all Moss could think of was he's on yellow, I can send him off.

Nothing to do with the ref.

Both tackles were bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Signs the past few weeks that Milner’s legs might finally be going?

Tough on him today though having to defend Zaha on the wing.

They have Im afraid. Noticed it a few times in previous games. He is still really fit just getting a bit slower on the turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

crazy match, we took our foot a bit off the pedal after 2 - 1 up, Palace are very good upfront. All in all, job done, however as said before we are crying out for a high quality strong midfielder, it could be the difference between winning and losing the league, i believe Klopp also realises this, i expect a signing very soon! Henderson should be a bit player at best from now on.

Henderson was excellent today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Henderson was excellent today.

Best player on the pitch today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Best player on the pitch today.

I'd argue it was Andy Robertson, and I'd argue he's been our player of the season too.

Milner done well today, I dont think his legs are gone tbf, he's maybe a bit slower but done a great job getting up and down the flank while also covering a blisteringly quick Zaha.....he's not a TAA/Robertson style WB, but he's still very mobile....legs being gone to me is his pace and mobility is an issue game in game out and I just dont see that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Big result, going behind as well as being pegged back to 2 2 the sort of results top teams get can't be perfect all the time but the result is all that matters. The break couldn't come at a better time too Trent and gomez due back soon and ox not a million miles away either just in time for the run in.

I would say over to you city but they're going to absolutely destroy Huddersfield tomorrow so it's still a 4 point lead as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Glad to see Hendo getting some recognition today, as opposed to usual abuse. I thought he was excellent, himself and Fab look really good together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Jesus my heart from that game....worst we've played all season.

Hard to react or analyse it cos of the nature but Keita was sh1te, Salah got big goals, Matip was decent but Speroni was unreal.

Weird cos our heads went but also shows good character at the same time

Up the top of the table reds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

With Fab in the side Henderson really should have ranged forward more, playing a pair of 6s at home is not progressive for my liking.

No word on if Fabby is injured yet, so hopefully it's nothing that some warm medieval sun won't put right.

Linda is going in to therapy

https://twitter.com/Linda_Pizzuti/status/1086669772924829696

With Fab in the side Henderson really should have ranged forward more, playing a pair of 6s at home is not progressive for my liking/

It allows both FBs to push right up the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Good result. Palace are tricky opponents, full of quality. With a better manager they’d be top 10 comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The goals (our goals, I'm not looking at Palace's ever again):

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

And hey just to smooth things over here are some moments from Henderson that I really liked today :pac:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

NukaCola wrote: »
    Milner done well today, I dont think his legs are gone tbf, he's maybe a bit slower but done a great job getting up and down the flank while also covering a blisteringly quick Zaha.....he's not a TAA/Robertson style WB, but he's still very mobile....legs being gone to me is his pace and mobility is an issue game in game out and I just dont see that

I think he’s noticeably been slower on the turn this season. He can still run up and down but the explosiveness is going and ability to move laterally quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Salah back to the top of the scoring charts on 16, with Kane injured its going to be a straight shootout between him and Aubamayang on 14 for the Golden Boot

With Fab in the side Henderson really should have ranged forward more, playing a pair of 6s at home is not progressive for my liking/

It allows both FBs to push right up the pitch.

Yeah cos that's what we wanted from Milner today! :pac:

I think he’s noticeably been slower on the turn this season. He can still run up and down but the explosiveness is going and ability to move laterally quickly.

Well I suppose its to be expected.....I'm not too concerned about it, hopefully he wont need to be used at WB against fast tricky players, 9/10 he'll be grand....I think he's been used quite well this season.....he still has good enough movement to play in our system centrally and doesn't disgrace himself at WB either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

10 days rest...That's good. Nobody is complaining about the cups now.

Another home game then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Salah back to the top of the scoring charts on 16, with Kane injured its going to be a straight shootout between him and Aubamayang on 14 for the Golden Boot

An average of 121 minutes per goal now too. That is a key stat along with 7 assists. Mane 1 assist, he's so greedy in positions we can score from, his 9 goals goes a long way towards everyone tolerating his greed

Another win lads.

Really enjoyed that game even though it was nervy.

With City playing twice before we play it was massive to win.

Loving this season so far.

An average of 121 minutes per goal now too. That is a key stat along with 7 assists. Mane 1 assist, he's so greedy in positions we can score from, his 9 goals goes a long way towards everyone tolerating his greed

Mane is such a bastard and I mean that in the nicest way. He misses stonewall chances but they are only chances created out of his own guile and wonder. We still need a striker all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I thought matip did well today as did fab and hendo I thought Bobby looked a bit lazy at times, milner did as well as he could against zaha

Yeah cos that's what we wanted from Milner today! :pac:

You did see our 3rd goal, right?

• Advertisement

And Palace got their most incisive attacks going past Milner. I'd have taken 3-1 rather than 4-3

And Palace got their most incisive attacks going past Milner. I'd have taken 3-1 rather than 4-3

Trent back the next day? Missed him today bigtime.

Milner may have been at fault for one of the Palace goals, but not either of the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

at 0-1, who was thinking "I'll take a draw" C'mon admit it who?
    15 left
    city's toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

3pts and on we go.
    I thought we were all leggy today. Perhaps a ramp up in training started already this week and will continue in the training camp.
    Plenty to work on, I doubt that a comfy 2-0 today would have left us complacent but a heart-stopping 4-3 win is the best possible win at this time!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    at 0-1, who was thinking "I'll take a draw" C'mon admit it who?
    e

We’ve won 3 of the 5 matches we’ve gone behind in this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

City lost to them at home.
    Utd drew with them at home.

That was a brilliant win.

Balls the size of fúcking bazookas to get through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Henderson was decent today, however that was today, his not good enough, we need somebody reliable and commanding, he does not have that, nor did he ever, people here have some sort of fascination with him, look at the bigger picture, he is not a top player. Our midfield has gaping holes in it which good teams wi exploit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Henderson was decent today
    Stopped reading at this point. He was our best mid and had a really good game.
    When people have a grudge against a player, they’ll just plough on regardless.
    Kieta was our problem in mid, he’d a poor game, esp for what we expected him to come in and do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Henderson stepped up today, no doubt.
    We really saw today how much Gini has being doing and how he is missed.
    Keita was poor, but I'm confident there is a place for him as he will get better.
    Need to see again but I thought Matip could have pushed up earlier to catch him offside for the first.
    All in all, 3 points and hopefully Fabinho is ok for the next match.
    Off for a bit of light training in the heat now, recharge the batteries and go again.

Absolutely loving the way the season is panning out so far. Great time to be a pool fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

We’ve won 3 of the 5 matches we’ve gone behind in this season.

So important

Keita just doesn't have the head to be a success for us I feel. Even before he joined he came across as a head a ball on and off the pitch between the red cards he would pick up and the driving ban.

It's such a shame as he seemed to tick every box so I don't blame Klopp. Sometimes these big signings don't work out the way you'd hope.

Maybe I'm being harsh and he just needs a second season but I'd write him off for this season as someone to depend on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Also, i hate Palace. They're fúcking awkward. Giants at the back, while quick and direct on the break. Perfect against good teams who can over-commit in attack on occasion.

As I say, delighted.

Leaders all over the place. Salah, Firmino, Henderson and most of all, Andy Andy Andy Robertson. Best LB I've seen at the club. There, I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Keita just doesn't have the head to be a success for us I feel. Even before he joined he came across as a head a ball on and off the pitch between the red cards he would pick up and the driving ban.

It's such a shame as he seemed to tick every box so I don't blame Klopp. Sometimes these big signings don't work out the way you'd hope.

Maybe I'm being harsh and he just needs a second season but I'd write him off for this season as someone to depend on.

Far, far, far too harsh. Christ, people have limited patience. He's definitely struggled and looks a little like Morata does every time he takes the pitch for Chelsea these days. Thought the assist might help boost his confidence but he didn't really seem to understand his role in the team, which was concerning. I still don't think we're playing him in his best role, though, and I also think that he'll chip in before the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mosstin wrote: »
    Far, far, far too harsh. Christ, people have limited patience. He's definitely struggled and looks a little like Morata does every time he takes the pitch for Chelsea these days. Thought the assist might help boost his confidence but he didn't really seem to understand his role in the team, which was concerning. I still don't think we're playing him in his best role, though, and I also think that he'll chip in before the end of the season.

Some have been waiting to write him off all season.

noodler wrote: »
    Some have been waiting to write him off all season.

Fabinho was written off too.

If you don't hit the ground running it's a default argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bob your lucky your handsome because you don't appear to be very bright :pac:

He's played feck all. He was fine today. He's playing a new position in a new team in a new country and had a few nigly injuries. But sure why don't we just write him off already, great idea.

I really think Klopp needs to move Keith central at some point soon. You can't turn a natural midfield marauder into a left sided attacker and why would anyone want to? He bought a player for a specific role and yet has hardly used him for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

mosstin wrote: »

That's a good comparison to Morata, looks lost and unsure of his role in the team. I'm happy to give him a season before making final judgement, but so far he has been a disappointment. Doesn't seem to have composure on the ball or any tactical nous.

As for playing in his best role, if he can't perform sitting in front of 2 stable energetic midfielders like Hendo/Fabinho, and surrounded by Mane Salah and Firmino up front, I don't know what kind of role could possibly suit him.

I don't mind the fact he's a bit of headbanger as mentioned by previous poster, as we have seen from Suarez or Gazza it's not an inhibitor for a footballer. What he lacks so far is basic game intelligence - that's what worrys me most about the lad.

• Advertisement

I really think Klopp needs to move Keith central at some point soon. You can't turn a natural midfield marauder into a left sided attacker and why would anyone want to? He bought a player for a specific role and yet has hardly used him for it.

Very true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement