Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Takes a lot for Klopp to trust his central players.

Fabinho still hasn't been trusted as a single pivot

OX last year had a number of cameos on the wing before he was trusted centrally

Keita hasn't earned the right to play there yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

christ connacht and lfc is very stressful. when is ox back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

SlickRic wrote: »
    Also, i hate Palace. They're fúcking awkward. Giants at the back, while quick and direct on the break. Perfect against good teams who can over-commit in attack on occasion.

As I say, delighted.

Leaders all over the place. Salah, Firmino, Henderson and most of all, Andy Andy Andy Robertson. Best LB I've seen at the club. There, I said it.

I don't remember Becker making a save today? If he didn't then it means Palace scored with all 6 of their shots on target away to City and Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fabs ball to Milner which resulted in goal number 3 for Salah was fantastic.

Fabinho is starting to really look the buisness the past couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

ricero wrote: »
    Fabs ball to Milner which resulted in goal number 3 for Salah was fantastic.

Fabinho is starting to really look the buisness the past couple of months.

Lets hope his injury is not too serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

15 to go
    Liverpool 60
    Man City -7 with a game in hand
    Spurs -12 with a game in hand
    Chelsea -13
    Arsenal -16
    Man Utd -16
    ===========
    Everton -30 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

15 to go
    Liverpool 60
    Man City -7 with a game in hand
    Spurs -12 with a game in hand
    Chelsea -13
    Arsenal -16
    Man Utd -16

Only 14 needed ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

SlickRic wrote: »
    Also, i hate Palace. They're fúcking awkward. Giants at the back, while quick and direct on the break. Perfect against good teams who can over-commit in attack on occasion.

As I say, delighted.

Leaders all over the place. Salah, Firmino, Henderson and most of all, Andy Andy Andy Robertson. Best LB I've seen at the club. There, I said it.

The way they played today you wonder why they are 14th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Lets hope his injury is not too serious
    Klopp said after the game that it's his hamstring - presumably he'll need a scan to determine how serious it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Matip 10ft back playing Zaha on side for the first, everyone else in line. Never noticed that until now, MOTD

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    The blue moon forum is a joy to read. The refs, linesmen and now even opponent's goalkeeper are making sure Lfc win the league :pac:

Yea Liverpool have had so much luck according to them but in the big game so far the luck was with City

Robertson did incredibly well to keep ball alive for Mane to pull away and score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yea Liverpool have had so much luck according to them but in the big game so far the luck was with City

The new theory is that Speroni was paid off to slap it into his own net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Big AL should do better with the third. I'll let him off cos he's a handsome bastárd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I take it that fan invited to the game survived the experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I know he is local but it is incredible to think that Trent has been at LFC for 14 years

https://twitter.com/trentaa98/status/1086565253394153472

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1086567498655453184

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Go on Robbo nice control.

Shearer has it in for Salah.

No mention of the Palace handballs.

Incredibly. Never saw that, no one did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Turtyturd wrote: »

Shearer is very bitter toward us the past couple of years. The lovren peno against Everton being a great example of his bias.

No mention of Zaha falling over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Woy very ungracious on motd, talking about lucky 2 first goals and wanting goal 4 chalked off because.... I'm not sure really.

For one, if you pack your box with 10 defenders, don't be surprised if it gets a deflection.

Also, re the Salah 'dive'....he got a good kick on the shin from Sakko. Now it wasn't enough to knock him in the way he fell, but it was a foul. The problem with referees like Moss is unless you throw yourself to the ground, you don't get the free/pen when most fouls are committed.

Good balance by the BBC lads, no mention of Zaha diving at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's the holding/blocking for the Palace corner goal that annoyed me the most and that wasn't mentioned either

#agenda

Wasn’t in agreement with bringing Coady back but with 2 OG’s in two games he could be the new Carragher.

Does he lose the head online and spit at kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Feck them and all the "neutrals". I hope we win the league by Mo winning a penalty by diving, missing it, rebound comes to Bobby who passes it to Mo in an offside position an he punches it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Incredibly. Never saw that, no one did.

Had a touch of Henry about it..cheating Scottish bastard who I loveðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Turtyturd wrote: »

He needs to get in line with Jeff Stelling and Richard Keys who probably want him thrown out of their country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Because they decided to show up for the full game today - those Palace players strike me as a difficult lot to motivate or maybe it's the manager is unable to find the words to motivate them.

If you listen to what Hodgson says in the post match interviews it's like he's just going through the motions. After one of the recent games he said something along the lines of "A win and a good performance in one game doesn't give you the right to expect to win the next one." He has no intention of building on a good performance because that might raise expectations for the team.

Hodgson will keep them comfortable in the league and give them a cup run or two but he lacks ambition beyond keeping them safe from relegation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ah it was a bad dive today.

The shin whack fair enough but I doesn't make both legs collapse from under you.

I don't think the Newcastle one was bad tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Great win today.

Woy is doing a very poor job overall at Palace. The should be in the top half with the squad they have.

He probably gets away with it because of how bad De Boer was doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's just funny that Shearer calls Salah an embarrassment and Kane a clever player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Talisman wrote: »
    Because they decided to show up for the full game today - those Palace players strike me as a difficult lot to motivate or maybe it's the manager is unable to find the words to motivate them.

Palace are very good against teams who attack them. They sit deep and compact, turn the ball over and break at speed down the wings.

They can't do this against the teams like Burnley, Newcastle etc because they don't venture forward to often and hence it's very hard to counter attack for Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Would love it for the craic if we bidded for N'Golo Kantno hope most likely no chance, but who know's if we but the bid in it might peak his interest.

• Advertisement

https://www.flightradar24.com/AWC411/1f3bba0a

Milner has never moved so fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

They've only won 6 games this season, I'd say apart from today scoring goals is their main problem

It crazy to think how sh1t Palace really are yet they scored 3 goals in each game against the two best defensive sides the league.

Beating City 2-3 and losing to Liverpool 4-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

It crazy to think how sh1t Palace really are yet they scored 3 goals in each game against the two best defensive sides the league.

Beating City 2-3 and losing to Liverpool 4-3.

Bitta luck. 3 goals , 3 on target. Expected goals today .6

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Bitta luck. 3 goals , 3 on target. Expected goals today .6

To be fair scoring 6 goal against Liverpool and City is more than a bit of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I don't like this 'expected goals' business that pops up everywhere now. It means absolutely nothing to me. Football doesn't go as expected, that's what makes it so much fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's just funny that Shearer calls Salah an embarrassment and Kane a clever player.

That's the British press pro-UK player again. Seen it with Bale/Suarez before. Harry Kane is the golden boy of English football right now - just as it was Lineker and Beckham before him - and the first rule of being a pundit on any British TV show is thou shalt not criticise the golden boy.

That said, it did look like a dive to me. Unlike the other incidents.

Also - the Beeb did mention the Palace handball for a good three seconds.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

That's the British press pro-UK player again. Seen it with Bale/Suarez before. Harry Kane is the golden boy of English football right now - just as it was Lineker and Beckham before him - and the first rule of being a pundit on any British TV show is thou shalt not criticise the golden boy.

But bale is also British....????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

MarkY91 wrote: »
    But bale is also British....????

I thought the poster meant bale got an easy ride in the media, maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

MD1990 wrote: »
    Great win today.

Woy is doing a very poor job overall at Palace. The should be in the top half with the squad they have.

He probably gets away with it because of how bad De Boer was doing

What age are you? Dissing people over a speech impediment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wheety wrote: »
    I don't like this 'expected goals' business that pops up everywhere now. It means absolutely nothing to me. Football doesn't go as expected, that's what makes it so much fun.

Absolutely this, what nonsense. This isnt the stock market ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What age are you? Dissing people over a speech impediment

Completely understandable from someone coming from Dundalk, that whole town has a speech impediment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Completely understandable from someone coming from Dundalk, that whole town has a speech impediment

At one stage this was a football forum not a child’s playground o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

We all probably seen the McAteer and Owen little battle in the International Charity 5 a side tournament but Jason later points out that thing with with The English golden boy treatment and he's dead right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

noodler wrote: »
    Ah it was a bad dive today.

The shin whack fair enough but I doesn't make both legs collapse from under you.

I don't think the Newcastle one was bad tho.

Shearer was spot on. Theres some delicate flowers in here that can't handle that we have player that would drive. Shock horror! A player diving. We are Liverpool. We don't do that! ðŸ™. Bit pathetic like.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement