Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Its absolutely going to the last game, we don't do anything the easy way. I think we'll lose a game more than them at some point and there'll be a point in it by the last weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

4 points ahead and four goals behind on goal difference. Hard not to see this going to the last game of the season, hopefully it will be in our own hands.

Plenty of twist and turns to come for both teams I feel. One game at a time is the way to look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I love all this ayew was holding vd crap, ffs why didn't virgil throw him outta the way sweet jesus he's a big boy like, I'm sure he put his hand on fabs back too which stopped fab from jumping, something seriously wrong if a fart like ayew can stop vd from doing anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I love all this ayew was holding vd crap, ffs why didn't virgil throw him outta the way sweet jesus he's a big boy like, I'm sure he put his hand on fabs back too which stopped fab from jumping, something seriously wrong if a fart like ayew can stop vd from doing anything

You mean foul him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

VVD throws Ayew to the ground and the ref awards a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Maybe if he tried going to to a club that's not got shed loads of cash more than anyone else he would get his time to implement his philosophy.

Join everton jose

If Pocahontas did end up at United or Real, Jose and Spurs could be a match made in heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

You wouldn't forget babel is on the pitch, between the hair and three good chances I saw, I haven't watched it all so might be more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

If Pocahontas did end up at United or Real, Jose and Spurs could be a match made in heaven.

Apart from the fact, José loves spending money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You wouldn't forget babel is on the pitch, between the hair and three good chances I saw, I haven't watched it all so might be more

He's looked good.

He didn't have the game intelligence or consistency for the level we wanted to play at but it's often enough at that level to have good technique and be fairly athletic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

VVD throws Ayew to the ground and the ref awards a penalty

Shamrock complains about Van Dijk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Palace are very good against teams who attack them. They sit deep and compact, turn the ball over and break at speed down the wings.

They can't do this against the teams like Burnley, Newcastle etc because they don't venture forward to often and hence it's very hard to counter attack for Palace.
    There is more to it than that because Palace haven't performed in the games where the smaller teams have attacked them.

Palace went 3-0 down in 45 minutes away to Brighton who were playing with 10 men after Duffy was sent off. The players simply didn't show up on the day.

They got an early goal against West Ham, hit the woodwork just before half time and looked to be cruising. West Ham started to attack them in the second half and within 15 minutes Palace were 3-1 down. Conceding 3 goals sparked them into life but it was too little too late.

Palace vs Watford was end to end stuff which Watford won 2-1. Palace never looked like they would score and in fact it was Cathcart scoring an OG that gave them their goal. Similarly Southampton went toe to toe with them early in the season and won 2-0.

They dominated Burnley and Joe Hart made a string of great saves to keep the scoreline respectable at 2-0 but Palace could have had a cricket score from their 29 shots on goal.

On their day, Palace have proven to be a match for the best teams in the league - the players just seem to choose the games where they raise the performance level. Zaha sleep walked through a chunk of games after a bright start to the season and Palace's form follows the same pattern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The good news is that even if we concede, we still have the firepower to get us through.

The next few games, plus the long rest will see us grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Win 14 of the next 15 and it matters not a jot what city do to Huddersfield today.
    Win 10 more games and we reach 90 points - the last time we reached that total was 1988.

This team is on an unbelievable journey and the challenge that Man City pose is unprecedented - any talk of throwing it away etc. is complete bo!!icks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Happened to see the Sunday Supplement this morning on sky- never watched it before. 3 sports writers and a host discussing yesterday’s events. All they could talk about was how Salah has become a diver and needs to be careful or he’ll have a tainted image. Personally I remember watching Salah last season trying to stay on his feet while being fouled to try and score- in one game a commentator said on one occasion ‘Salah should go to ground there!’ I think Salah himself has changed his approach. I say bring it on, next thing we need to do is have players pressure the ref more in certain situations. United did it for years and it was a definite policy. Remember that Company tackle, throw 5 or 6 players looking for red in there and that situation changes. That’s the dark arts for u. Plenty of ex players with medals in their pockets were experts at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He's getting contact and going down, that is not diving, if it was he'd be booked.
    Outside the box players do it all the time, touch them on the back and they fall like they've been hit by a wrecking ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Win 14 of the next 15 and it matters not a jot what city do to Huddersfield today.

That's all! :p

Why is it that whenever we have a very good team, there's another team competing with us who are excellent? Why couldn't we have this Liverpool team in Ferguson's last season? Or during the Leicester season?

Talking of having to win 14 of 15 games, while 4 points clear is just mental when you think about it. But probably true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

In a perfect world Klopp would find a solid (old) right back and sign Werner before this window closes.

OK my dream is over and I am awake again

sideswipe wrote: »
    Happened to see the Sunday Supplement this morning on sky- never watched it before. 3 sports writers and a host discussing yesterday’s events. All they could talk about was how Salah has become a diver and needs to be careful or he’ll have a tainted image. Personally I remember watching Salah last season trying to stay on his feet while being fouled to try and score- in one game a commentator said on one occasion ‘Salah should go to ground there!’ I think Salah himself has changed his approach. I say bring it on, next thing we need to do is have players pressure the ref more in certain situations. United did it for years and it was a definite policy. Remember that Company tackle, throw 5 or 6 players looking for red in there and that situation changes. That’s the dark arts for u. Plenty of ex players with medals in their pockets were experts at it.

Sure they dont know what they want over there at all......all I have to say is Brexit. Country and its press are a mess.....regardless if politics or football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

In a perfect world Klopp would find a solid (old) right back and sign Werner before this window closes.

OK my dream is over and I am awake again

By the next game we will have Gomes , Trent and Fab all availble who can play right back ? Milner is back the next game so thats 4 options no need to buy in this window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For me the moment Salah said fcuk this touch me in the box and I'm going down before you actually injure me and I bet he actually did say fcuk this was after the Bournemouth game in December.

He ran through on goal had his Achilles intentionally raked by Cook but stayed on his feet and scored the goal.

If he had missed that chance the ref wasn't going to call back play and give a penalty and send off Cook.

The ref didn't even book Cook for intentionally raking Salah's Achilles even when he scored the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Anyone know when the next round of tv fixtures will be announced?

For me the moment Salah said fcuk this took me in the box and I'm going down before you actually injure me and I bet he actually did say fcuk this was after the Burnley game in December.

He ran through on goal had his Achilles intentionally raked by Cook but stayed on his feet and scored the goal.

If he had missed that chance the ref wasn't going to call back play and give a penalty and send off Cook.

The ref didn't even book Cook for intentionally raking Salah's Achilles even when he scored the goal.

I thought he was booked for that?

For me the moment Salah said fcuk this took me in the box and I'm going down before you actually injure me and I bet he actually did say fcuk this was after the Burnley game in December.

Thats it...if he stays on his feet they complain...if he goes down they complain. The lad cant win.....

However if Liverpool were 4-5 in the PL no one would be talking about it. I genuinely believe a lot of British press would love to see us slip up. Other clubs also....as the club is being run in the right way and there is no drama behind the scenes coming out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Just looked up when city are playing utd, that will be the weirdest day ever. Every utd fan shouting for city and every Liverpool fan shouting for utd.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I thought he was booked for that?

No he wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

niallo27 wrote: »
    Just looked up when city are playing utd, that will be the weirdest day ever. Every utd fan shouting for city and every Liverpool fan shouting for utd.

Will be deferred if either of them are still in the cup as that’s a cup weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Shamrock complains about Van Dijk.

Let's be honest van djik should not be letting ayew stop him from getting to a cross from a corner, it was poor defending simple as that

No he wasn't.

You're right, just checked. Terrible decision which just shows how referee's really don't make it easy for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So how did Grujic get on, I saw he was subbed at about the 60 mins mark which is understandable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Imagine how weird it will be for united fans haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Really don't think Utd players will be focused on anything other than beating their city rivals at home, especially as they're in with a decent shout of 4th place considering their form and Chelsea and Arsenal continuing to drop points....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Let's be honest van djik should not be letting ayew stop him from getting to a cross from a corner, it was poor defending simple as that

Poor refereeing, he was fouled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

March fixtures confirmed on Jan 25th

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

These are the approximate dates.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/717797

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Speak Now wrote: »
    Poor refereeing, he was fouled.

He certainly was but it was a very clever tactic so we need to be wise to this going forward as others will have taken note of that and I’m sure they will also try this if it takes our best asset out of defending a set piece!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

For me the moment Salah said fcuk this touch me in the box and I'm going down before you actually injure me and I bet he actually did say fcuk this was after the Bournemouth game in December.

I've said it before, Salah is too honest for his own good. I've no doubt that someone has had a word in his ear lately telling him that if he's fouled in the box, go down and stay down. It's doing him no good trying to stay on his feet when the ref is not going to award the foul unless he goes down.

Might sound silly but dont like the fact the team have jetted off to Dubai , surely rest at home and back on the training pitch in Liverpool would be better ?

What the time difference like ?

United spent some time over there and looked nackered aginst Spurs very lucky to get a point let alone the 3 aginst them,

Is this the club trying to use the time off to genrate some extra cash with teip to Dubai for marketing or is it really what the players need ?

Or am i talking rubbish ?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Might sound silly but dont like the fact the team have jetted off to Dubai , surely rest at home and back on the training pitch in Liverpool would be better ?

United spent some time over there and looked nackered aginst Spurs very lucky to get a point let alone the 3 aginst them,

Is this the club trying to use the time off to genrate some extra cash with teip to Dubai for marketing or is it really what the players need ?

Warm weather training much better than staying in Melwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A slightly different more relaxed environment is no harm, knocks respond to warm sun, just a pity it's in a medieval none party theocracy.

• Advertisement

Be looking closely at the energy levels in the game aginst the foxs ,
    United where shot at half time v Spurs but it was away to spurs so a tuff game , travelling through time zones is not ideal for atheletes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

am i talking rubbish ?

Wouldn't be the first time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Should have just gone to the canaries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

retalivity wrote: »
    Should have just gone to the canaries

FFS, East Anglia is just as cold as Liverpool at this time of year. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Be looking closely at the energy levels in the game aginst the foxs ,
    United where shot at half time v Spurs but it was away to spurs so a tuff game , travelling through time zones is not ideal for atheletes

The aren't staying in Dubai until the day before our next game. They'll be home well in advance so travelling fatigue won't be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

4 hour time difference. Start the day at 10 or 11 am instead of 8am and move meals back 3 or 4 hours, they'll hardly need to adjust to the time difference at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

If I remember rightly in Klopp's first full season didn't they go on warm weather training around this time of the year and came back and lost 2-0 to Leicester on the Monday night football! I think the reason utd looked knackered in the second half against spurs was because under mourinho they were not that fit and Ole is trying to build up their fitness levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

They're only there for 3 or 4 days. Next match isn't for 10, from now. Not sure when they're flying out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They need to go to Dubai to throw salt on steaks like all the other footballers duh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Going to be baltic all week going by the forecast so why not go off and train in the sun for a few days. No game until Wednesday week. They'll probably be back in Liverpool by next weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement