Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dubai is an incredible place, there is almost zero crime. You could leave your diamond encrusted Iphone on a park bench and come back the next day to see it's still there.
    A place where the women police drive Ferrari's and always have a smile

p02n3fpx-696x348.jpg

A place with over 200 different nationalities of different faiths, sects and cultures and not as much as an argument between them.
    A place where a drunken yob who assaulted a police man only had to say sorry and was released with two roses and a hug

AR-181239852.jpg&MaxW=780&imageVersion=16by9&NCS_modified=20190101053905

Can see why Klopp wants to return again and again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

I hope that is sarcasm Toby. If not, take your head out of the clouds and read some real news. Had a few drinks, funny bone currently missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Damien360 wrote: »
    I hope that is sarcasm Toby. If not, take your head out of the clouds and read some real news. Had a few drinks, funny bone currently missing.

Of course it is what's wrong with you. Thought it was hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Shamrock complains about Van Dijk.

Let's be honest van djik should not be letting ayew stop him from getting to a cross from a corner, it was poor defending simple as that

He was been held and couldn't jump.

That's easy to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

rob316 wrote: »
    Of course it is what's wrong with you. Thought it was hilarious

Yea, like a woman driver..........................:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

https://www.the42.ie/richie-partridge-interview-4439365-Jan2019/

Nice article with onetime wonderkid and now first team physio Richie Partridge. Never knew he was married to Michael Owen's sister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That must be exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

went to marbella last season but it was in Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

retalivity wrote: »
    https://www.the42.ie/richie-partridge-interview-4439365-Jan2019/

Nice article with onetime wonderkid and now first team physio Richie Partridge. Never knew he was married to Michael Owen's sister

Remember him well and all the hype that surrounded him - it's a pitfall for young players is the PL - and more so when you get signed for a "Top" club. Getting a chance is slim enough when they can go out and spend 50mill on a new proven player.

Trent has done brilliantly, Gomez took ages to break through and it was looking like he'd miss the boat at one stage (I know he had injuries but still time doesn't stand still) ... closer to home Conor Masterson has hit the headlines since making the bench a couple times in the last year or so - then Lovren gets injured as well as Matip/Gomez injured and the new 16 year old kid gets the nod ahead of him and Phillips ... opportunity taken!

Centre back must be one of the hardest positions to break through as a youngster - usually shipped out to play at full back first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

went to marbella last season but it was in Feb

Didn’t they head to Dubai?

Fairly sure the main man missed out after that Everton player tried to ruin his career with his fabrications.

• Advertisement

Didn’t they head to Dubai?

Fairly sure the main man missed out after that Everton player tried to ruin his career with his fabrications.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/what-liverpool-stars-up-warm-12039483

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Good to see Ox on the comeback. We need anybody and everybody available. He could be huge in the run in!

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1087291549342408704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Ox was supposed to be back in April but surely if he is back training with the first team it will be sooner than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yeah I think it made sense to go to Spain because they were already in Portugal so didn't come home straight away. Smart move.

We then came back and smashed West Ham 4-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ox was supposed to be back in April but surely if he is back training with the first team it will be sooner than that

Early march you can probably expect him to be getting minutes again. As much as a boost it would be to have him, I hope he isn't rushed back early, he's fairly young still and could play many years at the club.

3 holidays then as they also went away before the champions league final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

GBX wrote: »
    Good to see Ox on the comeback. We need anybody and everybody available. He could be huge in the run in!

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1087291549342408704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Marcelo Bielsa sending spies to Dubai in preparation for their return to the PL next year??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The amount of times I've heard our win over Palace described as 'lucky' is utterly, offensively laughable.

they're all butthurt lads. Media. Rivals. All of them.

It's good to be hated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

SlickRic wrote: »
    The amount of times I've heard our win over Palace described as 'lucky' is utterly, offensively laughable.

It's good to be hated.

There's a way of making your own luck. All 4 of our goals had an element of luck on Saturday: van Dijk's deflected shot leaving Salah free in 6 yd box for the first. Firmino's deflected shot beating the keeper for the second. Speroni flapping a ball backwards into his own net for Salah to poke in for the 3rd, and Robertson's handball not seen by the officials before assiting Mané for the 4th.

But we had all of the ball and kept making chances, that's why these things happen. If you have Milner crossing a ball with pace and the keeper knows that the best striker in the league is behind him of course he's going to flap at it. If Firmino has the ball at his feet in the box of course you're not going to dive in and instead try to block and risk the deflection. Same with Shaqiri v United. They were terrified of us and playing for a draw so packed the box, so of course shots take deflections when you do that. Pickford was terrified of giving us another chance with a corner so didn't knock it over his own bar.

Our attack is putting fear into the opposition. Fear leads to panic, panic leads to mistakes, mistakes lead to suffering. You make your own luck a lot of the time.

• Advertisement

It's good to be hated.

Still trying to figure out what was lucky about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

It's good to be hated.

Sure weren't we hanging on against Roma last year in the second leg?

The ‘luck’ counteracted bad officiating so it’s all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Salah last year was knocked for not being 'clever' enough when fouled in the box. There were so many times he could have gone down and didn't. This year he seems to have copped on that if someone is stupid enough to swing a leg at you, and connect, then go down. I'm delighted he's finally learning its ok to appeal for a penalty when you've been fouled. Its great that other fans are up in arms about it too. Lovin it. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I havent seen one mention of luck but thrn i havent looked for it either...

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Salah last year was knocked for not being 'clever' enough when fouled in the box. There were so many times he could have gone down and didn't. This year he seems to have copped on that if someone is stupid enough to swing a leg at you, and connect, then go down. I'm delighted he's finally learning its ok to appeal for a penalty when you've been fouled. Its great that other fans are up in arms about it too. Lovin it. :D:D

It is breaking Garth Crooks heart lol, it's as if nobody English has ever conned the ref, no ongoing talk when Harry Kane MBE was booked for diving of the Christmas period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

It is breaking Garth Crooks heart lol, it's as if nobody English has ever conned the ref, no ongoing talk when Harry Kane MBE was booked for diving of the Christmas period.

I think people are upset because salah hasnt been caught out or booked. He goes down very easily and dived at the weekend

Hopefully the game v Leicester will go off without any controversy and a Salah left, right, head hat trick.
    Was just looking at the Derby Co forum - two Harry Wilson threads going now! The new one asks if he is their best ever loanee player - the answer seems to be probably yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

In my opinion Harry Wilson is a good player but will end up as a starter for a midtable Prem side and not us,
    That's not a knock on him he is a good player, but I think we are hitting the stage where our squad will be full of great players and wonder kids ,

I imagine we will probably get north of 10 million for him in the summer which will pay the wages for the next big money singing ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1087310816716771328?s=19

Shows how good our front three work for each other.

One time I can recall Salah diving was the Chelsea game (last season??) and Klopp pulled him up on it.

Some Liverpool fans seem to revel in going against the consensus and hate every decision we get while agreeing with everything the opposition get. Makes you wonder.

In my opinion Harry Wilson is a good player but will end up as a starter for a midtable Prem side and not us,
    That's not a knock on him he is a good player, but I think we are hitting the stage where our squad will be full of great players and wonder kids ,

I imagine we will probably get north of 10 million for him in the summer which will pay the wages for the next big money singing ,

You really do like running our players down :pac:

Also if we got £19m for Solanke you'd expect a hell of a lot more for Wilson after his performances in the championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I imagine we will probably get north of 10 million for him in the summer which will pay the wages for the next big money signing

I think you are way off there. He has blown up the Championship, probably the best attacker in that league when fit (remember he has missed 8 games with injury), scoring 12 in 26. That's superb for a non-striker. And they are not tap-ins, some are Coutinho-esque. And he's home-grown, which we will need in the squad as we keep signing non-nationals.

He'd command at least £20M right now, but we won't sell him now...would be a great squad option as cover for Salah on the right in particular.

He is on course to score 20 goals this season (admittedly 20% of them could come v Accrington Stanley on Saturday!) and if he is sold it'll be for a "sort of Championship" record - ie more than James Maddison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I havent seen one mention of luck but thrn i havent looked for it either...

Same.

I really pay very little attention to the media or rival fans. Why bother? Things are going well.

• Advertisement

Still trying to figure out what was lucky about it

One goal with a deflection on Firmino's shot, one from a deflection from VVD's shot into Salah's path, and another from a keeper mistake? We were lucky IMO, on another day we concede two and maybe get two back to draw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dickerty wrote: »
    One goal with a deflection on Firmino's shot, one from a deflection from VVD's shot into Salah's path, and another from a keeper mistake? We were lucky IMO, on another day we concede two and maybe get two back to draw...

So now slight deflections are just luck? If they hadn't gone in then they would have kept attacking.

There was nothing lucky about the win on Saturday and 4-3 was not a true reflection of the game or how they played.

Palace got more lucky in that their few attacks resulted in three shots on target and three goals and that does not normally happen.

murpho999 wrote: »
    So now slight deflections are just luck? If they hadn't gone in then they would have kept attacking.

There was nothing luck about the win on Saturday and 4-3 was not a true reflection of the game or how they played.

Palace got more lucky in that their few attacks resulted in three shots on target and 3 goals and that does not normally happen.

Frank Lampard must be the luckiest player of all time then with the number of deflected goals he got

There is nothing lucky about shooting at goal and scoring, if the shot was heading to the corner flag but got diverted that's lucky. The game itself was really a 4-2 as the Palace third was so late as to be irrelevant and it was won because of hard relentless work rather than anything tactical. Indeed I think Liverpool won the game despite of the manager.

Could you not say Palace were lucky the ref didn't see the foul on VVD for their second goal, or they were lucky the ref gave a free out instead of a penalty for the Townsend handball?

• Advertisement

There is nothing lucky about shooting at goal and scoring, if the shot was heading to the corner flag but got diverted that's lucky. The game itself was really a 4-2 as the Palace third was so late as to be irrelevant and it was won because of hard relentless work rather than anything tactical. Indeed I think Liverpool won the game despite of the manager.

You could say the same about Mané's goal. I think we win 3-2 if he didn't score.

But when 3 out of 4 goals have a deflection or a GK error, you cannot say that's not lucky! Real Madrid were very lucky back in May...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We're lucky to be watching such a good team. That's all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You could say the same about Mané's goal. I think we win 3-2 if he didn't score.

But when 3 out of 4 goals have a deflection or a GK error, you cannot say that's not lucky! Real Madrid were very lucky back in May...

Why did the GK error happen? He was under pressure.

Delections were not massive and you're just being negative.

Liverpool were the best team on the day and deserved their win.

He is on course to score 20 goals this season (admittedly 20% of them could come v Accrington Stanley on Saturday!) and if he is sold it'll be for a "sort of Championship" record - ie more than James Maddison.

How when he isn't owned by a championship team ?

Knex. wrote: »
    We're lucky to be watching such a good team. That's all that matters.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving it! But I disagree that were WEREN'T lucky.
    But I agree that it doesn't matter!

Luck with goalkeeping errors can only be considered if the mistake was unforced - Alisson with his daft rather than deft ball control v Leicester for example.
    How when he isn't owned by a championship team ?

hence my "sort of" - he'd be fetching the price not because he's a Liverpool player but because he played a great season for Derby.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You really do like running our players down :pac:

How's that ?

I said Wilson is good and will be a good Prem player I just I don't think he will good enough to play here , Which is more to do with the direction new are heading than it has with him ,

If you mean my comments about Keita ,then he has hardly proved me wrong has he , I don't think anyone can argue with me saying he has been a let down ,

Why did the GK error happen? He was under pressure.

Ah now - their first or second choice goalkeeper doesn't make that error IMO. It was poor.
    Delections were not massive and you're just being negative.

The Firmino one was enough to avoid the keeper. It looks a pretty innocent shot that I would have expected the keeper to get a hand to otherwise.
    Liverpool were the best team on the day and deserved their win.

We were just about better but still conceded two from pretty straight-forward open play, and one from a regular set piece, and had a man sent off. Was hardly a normal day at the office for us.

It's important that we can be critical when the team is not good enough. I am sure Klopp was delighted with the win, but will have a lot of feedback for why the game was a lot closer than it should have been.

Just to add more weight to what I mean about Wilson .

I don't think you'd have many Chelsea fans are thinking Abraham (who's top scorer ) will have along term future at Chelsea,

I just think there are level's , I can't se these guys making it long term at top 6 clubs,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Agreed - Maddison went to Leicester for £24M + £6M in addons and a 10% sell-on clause.

Wilson is already in the same ball park as Maddison in terms of his goals contribution in the Championship but he has achieved it in half the number of games. I don't think he'll be sold without getting an opportunity in the first team squad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement