Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Please let this be Moreno's last ever Liverpool game.

Been saying that since the europa league final. Hasn't done me much good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

I think we all knew the game was lost when the line-ups were announced. Hard to get upset by this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nice to see we're getting our bad patch out of the way in the FA Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

NukaCola wrote: »
    Liverpool all over are afraid to say hes been crap since he arrived ,

Afraid of what?

To say Keita been crap , its nonsense sayomg hes up and down hes been a waste of 60 million so far adds noting to our starting 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I fail to see any positive in going out tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well that’s a few weekends freed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

What kind of an injury did lovern get and did it look bad,fairly thin at the back now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

CRISIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some played well some need drumming out and yes Sturridge was pathetic, can't recall him being quite so meek before.Didn't fancy it. Lovren probably made up his thigh strain as well. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Well that was ****.

Some of the young lads played well though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We play a crap side, say we don't care, but when we are losing bring on everyone and chase it. Why not just play the team that started until the end in that case.
    This is happening every year now. Liverpool used to have a great FA Cup tradition..

yourdeadwright has been dead set against Keita since the off it feels like. Or was it Fabinho? Maybe that was someone else.

#agendaposting

No its Keita , its not an agenda its calling what im looking at ,
    im a fan i want him to be a world beater id love it but hes been awful how can u defend it ??
    As i said last 3 game before this he didnt play and wasnt missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Only positive was the performance of that young lad at centre half. I thought he was good.

Camacho was decent also. Keita dire.

For a team that looked like Klopp threw together and didn't give any tactics or formation what can you expect. Wolves a decent side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Can't blame the young lads anyway. Sturridge and Moreno were absolutely disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

murpho999 wrote: »

Hoever was for me, excellent young player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'm not sure an extra few games in the cup would disrupt us that much? That being said domestic cup runs are only good if you go all the way, if you are to go out nows the time......I feel like I can only reflect on this loss at the end of the season, right now 4 points clear in the league and big games in the CL I feel like Klopp may have made the right decision.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm unreasonably angry at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not broken hearted about leaving the F.A Cup, but two losses on the bounce doesn't bode well.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Hoever was for me, excellent young player

That's not what I mean.

I'm talking about not taking the cup seriously, resting key players and now going out.

Team go off demoralised and beaten which is just not the right approach for me.

Klopp's FA Cup record is really awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Moreno probably still wondering why he's not featured in Liverpool's plans for the future. He's dirt and it annoys me he's still with Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly view that as a decent result for both sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Pissed off. Senior players didn’t perform. Another fcuking early cup exit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

One less game now in Jan and Feb and no games to be arranged in March and April

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lost every game this year, knocked out of both domestic cups and we’ve only got once fit centre back left.

The season is in tatters. Time to write it off and focus on the next one.

Not overly upset about that. Knew playing a second string team against wolves would be dangerous

Think Hoever was fantastic. Could be a real prospect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

To be on the pitch with 3 inexperienced teenagers, a midfielder playing as a centre back, and Sturridge, and still managing to be the worst player on the pitch is quite the achievement for Moreno.

I wonder do the first 11 get pissed off a throphy they have a great chance in and its thrown away by picking farce 11's

Its not fair on the kids throwin them into teams with lads who dont wana be there

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Disappointed.

But then I think to myself no Alisson, no VanDijk, no ROBERTSON (!!), no Gini, no Mane, no TAA...

:shrug:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Can't blame the young lads anyway. Sturridge and Moreno were absolutely disgraceful.

Moreno was up chatting to the oppositions goal keeper when they scored the second. He's the most brainless player I've ever seen, Robinson bombs forward WITH THE BALL, Moreno just bombs forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think it was a big mistake by Klopp, losing two in a row is not good, it takes the shine off Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We were a bit unlucky with the draw to be fair. By far the hardest of any of the big clubs and 4 days after Man City away. Very difficult to send everyone out again.

We always knew this was a possibility when the draw was made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

spockety wrote: »
    Disappointed.

But then I think to myself no Alisson, no VanDijk, no ROBERTSON (!!), no Gini, no Mane, no TAA...

:shrug:

all the top clubs played weakened teams in the cup.

We play a crap side, say we don't care, but when we are losing bring on everyone and chase it. Why not just play the team that started until the end in that case.
    This is happening every year now. Liverpool used to have a great FA Cup tradition..

Why he didn't start one of Mané, Salah or Firmino is beyond me.

Thrown together team against a Premier League side.

Yes, star players need a rest and there are bigger fish to fry. But you can manage it better. Pep started Sterling against fúcking Rotherham, and brought on Sané. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Anyone looking at our line-up at the start knew it'd be a struggle as there was nothing to threaten in behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Care even less about losing than I thought I would.

The only negatives for me were the Lovren injury and Keita's non performance.

Hopefully City go to the final with a few big games along the way.

Oh and Hoever is a lovely player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Since Toby came back that's two defeats in a row.

I know who I am blaming if we don't win the league.

One less game now in Jan and Feb and no games to be arranged in March and April

Are you saying you wouldn't enjoy an FA Cup final in May?

I know I remember the Stevie G final and lifting the trophy more than some CL games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Klopp has shown nothing but disregard for the cup since he arrived, and for me it's an insult to the club its supporters and past players and managers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Klopp has shown nothing but disregard for the cup since he arrived, and for me it's an insult to the club its supporters and past players and managers

lol it's a **** banter cup now pal in the context of our league campaign

Blanco100 wrote: »
    all the top clubs played weakened teams in the cup.

Barely any of the better teams had to play anyone like Wolves, and even City started their most effective attacker.

Klopp just needed to respect the game enough to play one of Salah or Mané from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Since Toby came back that's two defeats in a row.

I know who I am blaming if we don't win the league.

Yeah & he doesn't know the name of our regular left back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Hopefully tonight finally puts to bed any ideas that Sturridge offers anything anymore. Completely washed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Keita is a a difficult one to judge on account of injuries and the form of other players. That he's not getting into the (currently) league topping team, where the likes of Gini, Milner and Henderson know the system better and have been playing it longer, is no reflection of his ability.

When I've seen him play he's shown flashes of what I've hoped he'd be but he's lacking consistency, which one would expect with his lack of playing time. He needs time just like Ox, Robertson and Fab all needed time.

Saying he's a waste of a transfer fee at this stage in his lfc career is just bollixology and is a sure sign of someone whose opinion needs to be ignored.

murpho999 wrote: »

3 pts in the league against wolves are preferable to a win tonight .....I read that on reddit (great site) iirc ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Could yet work in our favour if Lovren's injury forces Klopp into the transfer market.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Mad how we have only won 1 trophy in 13 years, yet the club and a lot of fans are turning their noses up at the FA cup. What if come May we haven't won the league or the CL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

When are Gomes and Matip due to return does anybody know?

• Advertisement

Top teams wana won every throphy they can ,

sideswipe wrote: »
    When are Gomes and Matip due to return does anybody know?

19th and 30th Jan according to Physioroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That was too many changes, yes the lovren injury killed us.

Why not start 1 of the front 3? Henderson? A fan from the car park instead of Moreno?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I really hope klopp can foresee the future and knows we will win the league because being knocked out of the cup at this early stage again with the team he put out is nothing short of a disgrace

I say Klopp was looking at it and going want to win league and can so how can we do it best and it was either FA Cup or Champions League to show less interest and to be honest I agree

We better win on Saturday

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement