Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes, of course, it's very simplistic to post the predicted results like that. If I'm being honest I think the most we can afford to drop is 5pts, I'm just hoping city drop more than us.

As stated above there should be losses along the way by both teams and will be interesting to see how far right or wrong I'm at the season's end :D

If we only drop 5 points then we'd finish on 100 points.

City can only reach a maximum of 101 points and I think it's highly unlikely.

Most likely whoever finishes above 95 points will win.

TitianGerm wrote: »

I also think United will beat both us and City. ............

Spurs carved them open several times, they won't keep clean sheets against us and City so I don't see them getting 6 pts in those 2 games :)
    Hopefully we beat them and they beat City :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

robwen wrote: »
    Crystal Palace away for City, Pep fears them very much I remember from the Amazon documentary.

https://twitter.com/lfc_allting/status/1087987922521997315?s=19

He has been vocal in the past towards the Egyptian FA. Its probably related to that. But people put 2+2 together and we all know how that ends up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I just can't wait for the league matches to resume.

Right now we have 60 pts after 23 games which is totally bonkers and 4 pts ahead of City. Can city win all their remaining games and get to 101 pts?
    Yes, they can, but so can we. I don't think either of us will do that, but what do I know :o.

Liverpool has never broken 90pts in a league season, the last time we achieved 90pts was 87/88 season under Kenny.
    We have come close to that with 86pts under Rafa 08/09. It still haunts me to this day. That was the year we SHOULD have won, 2 loses but TWELVE fcuking draws :(.

As much as it pained me I had to give credit to United that year. They took advantage of our slip-ups and did their job, plus 24 clean sheets is a damn good statistic as well :)
    Under Brendan yeah we could have won but sort of fell into the title race. People will say oh the Gerard slip etc but that team wasn't a patch on 08/09 or this current team.

Remaining fixtures and predictions.

Liverpool - 60pts

January

30 – Leicester City (H) W

February

2 – West Ham United (A) W
    9 – Bournemouth (H) W
    23 – Manchester United (A) D
    27 – Watford (H) W

March

2 – Everton (A) D
    9 – Burnley (H) W
    16 – Fulham (A) W
    30 – Tottenham Hotspur (H) D

April

6 – Southampton (A) W
    13 – Chelsea (H) D
    20 – Cardiff City (A) W
    27 – Huddersfield Town (H) W

May

4 – Newcastle United (A) W
    12 – Wolverhampton Wanderers (H) W

Final total: 97 pts

And City's - 56pts

January

29 - Newcastle United (A) W

February

2 - Arsenal (H) W
    9 - Chelsea (H) D
    23 - Everton (A) W
    27 - West Ham United (H) W

March

2 - Bournemouth (A) W
    9 - Watford (H) W
    16 - Manchester United (A) D
    30 - Fulham (A) W

April

6 - Cardiff City (H) W
    13 - Crystal Palace (A) W
    20 - Tottenham Hotspur (H) D
    27 - Burnley (A) W

May

4 - Leicester City (H) W
    12 - Brighton and Hove Albion (A) W

Final total - 95pts

Its gonna be a fascinating few months with some twists and turns along the way.

I have been waiting 29 years to see that league championship paraded at Anfield :)

15 games to go, 15 games for these boys to make history, 15 games to go down as heroes.

Come on redmen , lets do this.

YNWA :)

Thanks for the jinx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

City will beat united, there is no surer thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

City will beat united, there is no surer thing

let-them-fight-emperor-palpatine-meme.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

FitzShane wrote: »
    'Mr Bayern Munich' or basically the lad that knows everything about them like Kovac being new manager / player transfer etc has said this this morning.

Liverpool have talked to Callum Hudson Odoi about a transfer.

https://twitter.com/cfbayern/status/1087991277529022464

Possibly our transfer as cover for the wings in the summer?

Fantastic player. Would surely lead to gavredking closing his account too:pac:. Hes wanted him in the chelsea first xi for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Fantastic player. Would surely lead to gavredking closing his account too:pac:. Hes wanted him in the chelsea first xi for ages

Are we really saying he's that good after less than 90 mins of Prem football?
    When Sterling was 18, he started about 20 games in a row for us, and played 90 mins in most. Why is this guy no closer to the Chelsea first team if he's so good, and if Bayern are really willing to spend £35M on him??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Funny how a couple of weeks before the Champions Leagues games against PSG there was transfer rumours over Fab in the French media.

Now a couple of weeks before the Champions Leagues games against Munich there are transfer rumours linking us to the same player as Munich in the German media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I received this a couple of days ago from one of our users, campo, and reckon it's an amazing cause, and one that many of you would be wanting to potentially get involved with and donate to.

Do what you can, and thanks to campo for making us aware of this.
    As many people will already know but some may not, Sean Cox was brutally assaulted in a completely unprovoked attack outside Anfield Stadium on the 24th of April 2018.

What started out as a regular trip over to see his beloved team play turned into a horrific and life changing night for Sean and his family, we have put together a list of interviews which the LFCDaytrippers have done with ex Liverpool & Irish legends and every cent raised will go to Sean and his family to help them with Sean's rehabilitation.

For all the extra information you need, or if you wish to donate and get access to the interviews you can do all of that via this link

https://lfcdt.com/seancoxsupport/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Under Brendan yeah we could have won but sort of fell into the title race. People will say oh the Gerard slip etc but that team wasn't a patch on 08/09 or this current team.

People love talking about us bottling it that season, we really only went on a good run after Christmas and kept winning, as you said fell into the race.

Same people forget that Arsenal spent 121 days, that's 20 gameweeks, more than half the season and much more than any other team at the top of the table that season and ended up finishing 4th.

And we're the ones who bottled it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's not a big thing in the scheme of er things but Liverpool academy are about to sign ex Lyon "wonderkid" Billy Koumetio a 16 year old defender. Maybe he is the next Heover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I don't think you can call 1 off day bottling it tbh.

I suppose you could extend that to Palace, but we had to win that game 10-0 to have a realistic chance at the title.

If we end up winning the league this season, will City have bottled it for having lost back to back games in December?

A 16 year old is now the next 17 year old :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Given the mix of players Liverpool have in the middle I wonder if Klopp would fancy trying Ox-Cham as a number 10, or would that negate his powerful running?

I'd love it if we went for an all action 4-4-2 diamond in some games next season

Alisson
    TAA----Gomez---VVD---Robbo
    Fabby
    Gini
    Nabby
    Ox-Cham
    Salah
    Mane

or maybe

Alisson
    TAA---Gomez---VVD---Robbo
    Fabby
    ----Ox-Cham----Nabby
    Firmino
    Salah
    Mane

Can't see Ox as a 10 at all to be honest, I don't think it suits his skillset.

I see his main role as an 8 (essentially a centre-mid with more attacking liscence to go forward and roam wide at times if needed) in a 4-3-3 which we are missing a bit at the moment I would say with Keita not quite cutting it and Milner being asked to fill other roles / not quite hitting his peaks of early season.

I also think he could be effective in the formation we are more frequently using, 4-2-3-1, but wide right on the 3 rather than as a 10.

Klopp's formations are very fluid so he could end up in that pocket, but I don't think it's his natural game and I think it will continue to be Firmino who drops inside and deep to play what we naturally think of as a "10" role, or Shaquiri if he's on the pitch.

I think that second bolded formation would work really well, but I'd argue that it is essentially no different than our normal 4-3-3 when in possession even if we might call it a diamond. Firmino usually drops into that pocket and essentially plays as a 10, Salah and/or Mane come inside from wide positions as basically centre-forwards. It's never described or presented as a diamond and I guess it isn't when we don't have the ball as Mane and Salah will come back to defend their wings when neccessary, but on the ball I think it's basically the same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Morzadec wrote: »
    Can't see Ox as a 10 at all to be honest, I don't think it suits his skillset.

I see his main role as an 8 (essentially a centre-mid with more attacking liscence to go forward and roam wide at times if needed) in a 4-3-3 which we are missing a bit at the moment I would say with Keita not quite cutting it and Milner being asked to fill other roles / not quite hitting his peaks of early season.

Totally agree, Ox strong point is breaking the midfield line with strong runs ,
    For a 10 you need to be more technical and happy picking the ball up between the lines often with your back to goal .

Nabby should be what OX was but it hasn't really worked out yet,

We can count Lovren out of the foxes game,
    Seems he his home in Croatia and not in Dubai guessing he is till injured ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Firmino scored Liverpools 1000 Premier League goal at Anfield against Palace, the official youtube channel of LFC have put out a vid of some of their favs from the Premier League era at Anfield to mark the milestone..

Sure they'll left all the best ones out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Sure they'll left all the best ones out!

Aesthetically Hamann one & Gerrard v Boro would be my favs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Couple of Gerrard crackers, loved seeing Riise with his rocket, Sturidge clip was beautiful but Didi all day long for me, you simply cannot meet a ball any sweeter than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Always have a place in my heart for the Fowler goal v. Villa

Emre Can must be up there

Edit, just noticed it's Anfield only

Origi is the winner.

Pickford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

GBX wrote: »
    He has been vocal in the past towards the Egyptian FA. Its probably related to that. But people put 2+2 together and we all know how that ends up

It's actually supposed to related to some campaign about taking a social media break every so often....

I hope he stays off it until May if that's the case :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ballyargus wrote: »
    Always have a place in my heart for the Fowler goal v. Villa

I always remember this as I knew a Villa fan at the time and on the Monday he was moaning he was looking forward to the game all week, it just started, he went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea and empty the washing machine, when he came back they were 3-0 down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Jesus...titi camara was 20 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

retalivity wrote: »
    Jesus...titi camara was 20 years ago

If memory serves me right, every league goal he scored in his first year was the match winning goal?

Also remember his goal a couple hours after hearing his dad died.

Maddock is reporting Fab came through a light training session today in Dubai.

Milner is suspended TAA, Gomez & now Hoever joins the injury hit right back position.

TAA & Gomez should be ready for the West Ham game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Hamman was close to taking Hyypia's head off only for a quick Matrix dodge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Aesthetically Hamann one & Gerrard v Boro would be my favs

Gerrard's v Boro is one of my all time favourites. Jesus he could hit a ball.

If we had him in his prime now it would be something else.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Maddock is reporting Fab came through a light training session today in Dubai.

Milner is suspended TAA, Gomez & now Hoever joins the injury hit right back position.

TAA & Gomez should be ready for the West Ham game.

Seems like it'll be either Camacho for the Leicester game or else Moreno/Robertson will have to switch to the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

5starpool wrote: »
    Seems like it'll be either Camacho for the Leicester game or else Moreno/Robertson will have to switch to the right.

Moreno on his unfamiliar side? What can possibly go wrong...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Moreno on his unfamiliar side? What can possibly go wrong...

Would sooner let McDonald's look after my cow.

We should be in for zaha. It looks like Dortmund will get him for a piddling 50m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ballyargus wrote: »
    We should be in for zaha. It looks like Dortmund will get him for a piddling 50m

He's very good obviously, but at the same time, I don't think he's a patch on Mane.

He looks brilliant against teams that leave a lot of open space for him to attack - but I'm just not really sure how effective he'd be in one of the top teams, where there's simply no space to use his speed.

He'd just face very different challenges, and would need to show very different aspects of play, playing for us than he's really shown.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He's very good obviously, but at the same time, I don't think he's a patch on Mane.

He looks brilliant against teams that leave a lot of open space for him to attack - but I'm just not really sure how effective he'd be in one of the top teams, where there's simply no space to use his speed.

He'd just face very different challenges, and would need to show very different aspects of play, playing for us than he's really shown.

In fairness people said the same about Mané at Southampton when we were in for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Knex. wrote: »
    Gerrard's v Boro is one of my all time favourites. Jesus he could hit a ball.

If we had him in his prime now it would be something else.

Riise against Manchester utd. What a goal. I love those goals that the ball never stop's rising.
    I thought suarez's header vs wba should have been in it for something different to long range shots. Maybe the half volley against Norwich too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

If memory serves me right, every league goal he scored in his first year was the match winning goal?

Also remember his goal a couple hours after hearing his dad died.

I was at that game (Camara goal vs Coventry). Michael Owen tried to claim it - as it brushed off his back on the way in. What a titi....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I was at that game (Camara goal vs Coventry). Michael Owen tried to claim it - as it brushed off his back on the way in. What a titi....

Remember going to a pre-season friendly in versus PSV up in Windsor Park, Titi Camara scored a beauty iirc and we thought he'd become a legend. I loved his name and his few goals but he never amounted to much. Danny Murphy was a boss in the midfield that day.

Firmino scored Liverpools 1000 Premier League goal at Anfield against Palace, the official youtube channel of LFC have put out a vid of some of their favs from the Premier League era at Anfield to mark the milestone..

snip * [/YOUTUBE]

Collymore v Newcastle always wins for me, I went ballistic when that went in

Sterling scoring in the first few minutes at home to City in the Slip season , we had just had a minutes silence for Hillsborough and we where right in the title hunt for the first time in years ,It felt like it was our destiny when that went in ,

Then Phil's goal to win that game felt again like we would go on and win it,

Two of the most recent moments ,and Salah goal away to City in the Champions league last season ,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Peter Moore was quoted in the Echo about the clubs future and he said it's not for sale but they'll take on suitable equity partners. Given the club is notionally valued at about $2bn they could sell a 20% stake and get the cost of buying the club back in one fell swoop! God I wish I was in the money business :D

On Zaha I don't think he'd fit in here,
    To me he seems to do his best work when he has space, catching teams on the counter attack , Being a top 4 Club most of our games are against 2 banks of 4&5 we need players who need very little space to work ,

We could defo do with a Phil like player someone who can beat a man or two in tight spots ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Zaha is one the best dribblers in the league. So he has great close control & can go past players. He keeps the ball close to his feet he isnt a kick & run type winger.

I think despite his poor goal return under Klopp he would be a brillant player.

In terms of bangs for the buck Zaha would be one of the worst buys out there. Palace wouldn't let him go for less than 60m maybe more, Sessegnon who is really a left winger would cost 30m tops as he is out of contract summer 2020 Is he as hard to stop right now? Probably not but there's little doubting his skill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

8-10 wrote: »
    Collymore v Newcastle always wins for me, I went ballistic when that went in

funnily enough I went crazier for Fowler's goal in the samef ixture the following year. a nothing game, 3-0 up at 1/2 time and then Fowler in between two huge centre halves heading home an injury time winner

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    funnily enough I went crazier for Fowler's goal in the samef ixture the following year. a nothing game, 3-0 up at 1/2 time and then Fowler in between two huge centre halves heading home an injury time winner

Didn't see that one live unfortunately. We're so lucky to be able to see every game these days, back then if you didn't have the channel or they weren't showing us you just followed on teletext then saw highlights later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement