Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Who pissed in your cornflakes

You're gas, especially because you usually post here like a man with a catheter mainlined to his cereal bowl. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

mosstin wrote: »
    You're gas, especially because you usually post here like a man with a catheter mainlined to his cereal bowl. :D

Nothing like that ****e you just posted though, never looked ahead at the fixtures to see how many points you think we might get no... Bull**** you havent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mosstin wrote: »

That's poetry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Nothing like that ****e you just posted though, never looked ahead at the fixtures to see how many points you think we might get no... Bull**** you havent

I watch most games behind the couch so, in fairness, I genuinely haven't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm not really fan of cornflakes tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mada999 wrote: »
    Huge games... lets make sure we win them all and hopefully the others take points off City... Leicester always play well against us !

Next 2 games City will play before us so the pressure will be on as I expect them to cut the lead to a point twice.
    If City win the next 4 fixtures it's a big hurdle for them. Their CL tie is absolutely piss easy too. First leg won't be 9-0 but I expect them to thump Schalke.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Is the team back form Dubai ?

Team arrived back at 11pm Wednesday evening into Liverpool Airport. Quick stop in Budapest for fuel on the way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

marno21 wrote: »
    Team arrived back at 11pm Wednesday evening into Liverpool Airport. Quick stop in Budapest for fuel on the way home.

Why would we need to refuel on an 8 hour flight? Are we just dumping out Markovic there and he can hitch-hike the rest of the way?
    (Yes, I know he didn't travel)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

rob316 wrote: »
    Downing was a horrible signing too

Urggh, why did you have to mentioned that name. Worst signing ever.

£20M we paid for that guy and not a SINGLE goal or assist in his debut season. 36 league games he played that season. We'd have gotten better value for money by dressing him up as a mascot.

• Advertisement

Downing to Carroll several times a game was the plan KK had in mind presumably............ awful concept really even if it worked (as in goals and assists) it would have been stone age stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Match city in the next 3 league games come the 4th game Liverpool would have a chance to go 7 points clear as they play Man Utd and Man City play in the league cup final and have to rearranged a game V Everton

Augeo wrote:
    Downing to Carroll was the plan KK had in mind presumably, awful concept really even if it worked it would have been stone age stuff.

Throw in Adam & Comolli it was an awful time. The latter is out in Fenerbache now who are currently 15th in the 18 team Turkish Super League.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Throw in Adam & Comolli it was an awful time. The latter is out in Fenerbache now who are currently 15th in the 18 team Turkish Super League.

signing Suarez was a masterstroke though :)
    Bellamy and Henderson were/are decent too, even Enrique was good for a while. More misses than hits though unfortunately.

The Bellamy (not Bellamy of course) p1sstake thing on Adam was brilliant......

BknR9I_CMAAGu_U.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just bump this once, in case anyone missed it the first time and would like to help out.

Thanks.
    I received this a couple of days ago from one of our users, campo, and reckon it's an amazing cause, and one that many of you would be wanting to potentially get involved with and donate to.

Do what you can, and thanks to campo for making us aware of this.
    As many people will already know but some may not, Sean Cox was brutally assaulted in a completely unprovoked attack outside Anfield Stadium on the 24th of April 2018.

What started out as a regular trip over to see his beloved team play turned into a horrific and life changing night for Sean and his family, we have put together a list of interviews which the LFCDaytrippers have done with ex Liverpool & Irish legends and every cent raised will go to Sean and his family to help them with Sean's rehabilitation.

For all the extra information you need, or if you wish to donate and get access to the interviews you can do all of that via this link

https://lfcdt.com/seancoxsupport/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Match city in the next 3 league games come the 4th game Liverpool would have a chance to go 7 points clear as they play Man Utd and Man City play in the league cup final and have to rearranged a game V Everton

City play Arsenal and Chelsea in the next three games. You'd be hoping they drop something before we play United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

TitianGerm wrote: »
    City play Arsenal and Chelsea in the next three games. You'd be hoping they drop something before we play United.

Bot hare hoe games for City, I can't see anything but City wins at home ,They always turn up for the big games ,its the lower teams they sometimes seem to take the eye off the ball in ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Augeo wrote: »
    Downing to Carroll several times a game was the plan KK had in mind presumably............ awful concept really even if it worked (as in goals and assists) it would have been stone age stuff.

Jasus no player has enraged me more as an lfc fan than Stuart Downing. An absolute coward of a player who would hide in games and never take his man on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I will be shouting for arsenal and Chelsea in that for more reasons than one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It was Comoli driving it afair. The summer we were signing Downing and Adam this thread was full of articles / stats at how teams the previous season who got the ball in from wide the most were scoring the most. Presumably Comolli and the like were working off power points filled with the same data. The move that fecking sunk that season imo was letting Meireles go. In the first six months of Kenny's return he had been a key performer, knitting things together in the middle of the park. Once he was gone, it all became very physical and programmatic and we struggled through the grind of the league. Getting up for cup games was obviously fine, given the experience of the squad and the quality of individuals to make moments happen But it was turgid week in, week out.

Some people will say that trawling over this stuff makes them sad or that it's pointless or whatever. But nothing illustrates how far we've come. Consider our lineup against Chelsea in the FA Cup Final that year vs the team that played against Napoli in December:

Reina (30) vs Allison (26)

Reina at that point was already on the slide, his consistency gone (Chelsea's opener in that game was super soft). Allison is a world class keeper by comparison, with a whack of the future off him.

Glenn Johnson (28) vs TAA (20)
    Skrtl (27) vs The Man (27)
    Agger (27) vs Matip (27)
    Enrique (26) vs Robertson (24)

Better at every position, though Matip is probably (as a backup) not much better than Skrtl / Agger were at that point. But we get so much more out of the fullbacks and finally have a genuinely dominant world leader in the centre back position. The respective records of these defenses say it all.

Henderson (22) vs Henderson (28)
    Spearing (23) vs Wijnaldum (28)
    Gerrard (32) vs Milner (32)

Even taking Gerrard into account (still very effective on the big day at that point), overall we're in such better shape here. And with Keita, Fabinho, Ox to work in our depth at this position has improved so much in six and a half years. That we started Jay Spearing (and he was a worthy start on the day) tells you more about how we've evolved than any other player here.

Bellamy (33) vs Salah (26)
    Suarez (25) vs Firminho (27)
    Downing (28) vs Mane (26)

Again, as great as Suarez was to be for us, we're younger, faster and far more dynamic. No - one feared that trio of attackers, though Bellamy and Suarez were capable of making things happen. We are now feared.

To save the game that day the great Dirk Kuyt (then 32) and Andy Carroll were wheeled off the bench. To shore us up against Napoli (well, that was the intention on the night!) we brought Fabinho, Keita and Lovren on.

And then you consider the very firm identity that the current team has. The things they do as a matter of course, the additional nuances introduced this year: ultimately a whole squad crafted to fit a style and approach and flowing as a unit with clear directions and drivers. So many decisions - big and small - have been got right over the last three years specifically to get us to where we are. It is tempting to forget where we were, how far off our current level of performance we had sunk.

These are great days, try to live in the moment and savour each one.

ricero wrote: »
    Jasus no player has enraged me more as an lfc fan than Stuart Downing. An absolute coward of a player who would hide in games and never take his man on.

You are forgetting El Hadji Diouf. Never forget El Hadji Diouf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Newcastle away will be tricky as well.

Dickerty wrote: »
    You are forgetting El Hadji Diouf. Never forget El Hadji Diouf.

I haven't seen Konscky (or however you spell it) mentioned. He was brutal.

I haven't seen Konscky (or however you spell it) mentioned. He was brutal.

Christian Poulsen was every worse. Slow, no flair, no mettle, terrible hair!
    A horrible signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭doc_17

Jay Spearing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Julien Dicks and Razor Ruddock.

Summed up the awful transfer policy of Graham Souness of trying to 'toughen up' Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

It was another dimension to the team at the time. We also had Gerarrd & Suárez at the time so there was flair there.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    It was another dimension to the team at the time............

True enough, it just panned out fairly badly but the concept mightn't have been as bad as I made it out to be, all considered :)

signing Suarez was a masterstroke though :)
    Bellamy and Henderson were/are decent too, even Enrique was good for a while. More misses than hits though unfortunately.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/suarez-deal-stalls-as-babel-exits-anfield-26617286.html

Remember when the Suarez deal stalled*, I think I remember being extra annoyed at signing a useless donkey in Andy Carroll for 35 million as we stalled on Suarez as I remember us bidding 16m on him first.
    Downing was brought in for his crossing, I remember something about him crossing balls into a wheely bin to show his skill. Unfortunately the bins had a better first touch than Carroll.

*the article features a whopper of a quote by Ian Holloway, Jesus :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

People getting nostalgic for sh1te players now, probably symptomatic of how well the current team is doing.

sabat wrote: »
    People getting nostalgic for sh1te players now, probably symptomatic of how well the current team is doing.

Nah its both an FA Cup weekend and a weekend without a match.
    FA Cup weekends aren't far off international breaks for me, despise them. Wycombe vs Reading and Milwall vs Scunthorpe oh my!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ERG89 wrote: »
    Nah its both an FA Cup weekend and a weekend without a match.
    FA Cup weekends aren't far off international breaks for me, despise them. Wycombe vs Reading and Milwall vs Scunthorpe oh my!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm generally interested up to the point our involvement ends or as other teams call it, the fourth round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And he is back on Twitter with nice big paycheck for DHL in his back pocket.

https://twitter.com/MoSalah/status/1088776317846331392

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Do they have a sponsorship with utd?

I guess no utd player fit the bill eh :)

Do they have a sponsorship with utd?

I guess no utd player fit the bill eh :)

None of them had being delivering week in week out until recently ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then Bobby Firmino and Colgate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Klopp and Specsavers

Or

Klopp and "Just for Men"

Or

Klopp and Opel

Or

Klopp and Throat Lozenges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

VVD & Fabinho out of training today due to illness while Lovren, Hoever & Woodburn returned to training.

Gomez still a few weeks off full fitness and Klopp say TAA is making good progress from Knee ligament damage.

So then Bobby Firmino and ....

Dutch gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Dutch gold

Nah. Virgil is Dutch Gold

• Advertisement

VVD & Fabinho out of training today due to illness while Lovren, Hoever & Woodburn returned to training.

Gomez still a few weeks off full fitness and Klopp say TAA is making good progress from Knee ligament damage.

Do we expect anyone back for the game next Wednesday ?
    Pretty stretched thin at the back, Vardy will be loving that,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Oussama Assaidi still only 30, another crazy signing, who was responsible for that, Rogers or others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Oussama Assaidi still only 30, another crazy signing, who was responsible for that, Rogers or others.

He cost £2m only, good little player I thought just Rodgers never wanted him. Another victim of the Rodgers vs TC battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wasn't that crazy.

Back in 12/13 we were an upper midtable club.

See Gomes not training yet so that looks like at best Matip & Lovren v Bayern, crucial we get Trent back but that's not looking great either ,

I noticed no pics of Gini training

Double up with Gini...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dickerty wrote: »
    Double up with Gini...

Gini has the best smile in professional sports.

source.gif

Warms the heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Could we go 3 at the back (Matip, VVD, Lovern) and play Robertson and Moreno as wingbacks?

Fab and Wijnaldum in midfield with the usual 3 up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

See Gomes not training yet so that looks like at best Matip & Lovren v Bayern, crucial we get Trent back but that's not looking great either ,

I noticed no pics of Gini training

Still nearly four weeks away until we play Bayern and if all fit I think we'll go

Gomez - Lovren - Matip - Robertson

Away from home and no VVD, so a little bit more defensive at the back

Could we go 3 at the back (Matip, VVD, Lovern) and play Robertson and Moreno as wingbacks?

Fab and Wijnaldum in midfield with the usual 3 up front

Don't see why people always say we could go 3 at the back, we wont change form 4 at the back we have been two solid with it to change (bar palace)

Also with just 3 fit CB we won't start all 3, if one gets injured your changing formation mid game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Fromvert wrote: »
    Still nearly four weeks away until we play Bayern and if all fit I think we'll go

Gomez - Lovren - Matip - Robertson

Away from home and no VVD, so a little bit more defensive at the back
    At home for the first leg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement