Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

At home for the first leg

Thanks! That's probably a positive with VVD out, could possibly play TAA at RB. Would want to take a lead to Munich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The Premier League do clubs no favours when it comes the CL & Europe.

Burnley moved to Sunday 3 days before Bayern.

Ridiculous should have played it on saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Fromvert wrote: »
    Still nearly four weeks away until we play Bayern and if all fit I think we'll go

Gomez - Lovren - Matip - Robertson

Away from home and no VVD, so a little bit more defensive at the back

I would think Fab sits in front of that 4 automatically - gini and henderson in front of him with hendo given a little more freedom to roam when possible, which I would like to see. Im not up to speed on bayerns team weaknesses or strengths so it may not suit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

MD1990 wrote: »
    The Premier League do clubs no favours when it comes the CL & Europe.

Burnley moved to Sunday 3 days before Bayern.

Ridiculous should have played it on saturday

I assume these things are negotiated regularly and we are just one club of a few that gets a large slice of the profit. Money rules the game unfortunately and we're willing participants like every one else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Feb TV Games
    Date Team TV
    4th Feb West Ham (a) Sky Sports
    9th Feb Bournemouth
    19th Feb Bayern München (GER) BT Sports
    24th Feb Man Utd (a) Sky Sports
    27th Feb Watford

March TV Games
    Date Team TV
    3rd Mar Everton (a) Sky Spots
    10th Mar Burnley BT Sports
    13th Mar Bayern München (GER) (a) BT Sports
    17th Mar Fulham (a) Sky Spots
    31st Mar Spurs Sky Spots

Updated Fixtures for Liverpool and Man City
    Date Liverpool Man City
    26th Jan Burnley
    29th Jan Newcastle (a)
    30th Jan Leicester
    3rd Feb Arsenal
    4th Feb West Ham (a)
    9th Feb Bournemouth
    10th Feb Chelsea
    16th Feb FA CUP 5th Round
    19th Feb Bayern München (GER)
    20th Feb Shalke 04 (GER) (a)
    24th Feb Man Utd (a) Chelsea League Cup Final
    27th Feb Watford West Ham
    2nd Mar Bournemouth (a)
    3rd Mar Everton (a)
    9th Mar Watford
    10th Mar Burnley
    12th Mar Shalke 04 (GER)
    13th Mar Bayern München (GER) (a)
    16th Mar Fulham (a) Man Utd (a)/FA CUP QF
    30th Mar Fulham (a)
    31st Mar Spurs
    6th Apr Southampton (a) Cardiff/FA CUP SF
    10th Apr UCL QF 1st Leg UCL QF 1st Leg
    13th Apr Chelsea Palace (a)
    17th Apr UCL QF 2nd Leg UCL QF 2nd Leg
    20th Apr Cardiff (a) Spurs
    27th Apr Huddersfield Burnley (a)
    1st May UCL SF 1st Leg UCL SF 1st Leg
    4th May Newcastle (a) Leicester
    8th May UCL SF 2nd Leg UCL SF 2nd Leg
    12th May Wolves Brighton (a)
    18th May FA CUP Final
    1st June UCL Final UCL Final

* Everton V Man City TBC

Grujic goal tonight & Motm accoding to who scored.

By all accounts he has done very well at Hertha.
    I thought he had no future by he could become a good squad option next season.

With all the money we have spent both Grujic & Wilson will save or generate funds next summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Grujic goal tonight & Motm accoding to who scored.

By all accounts he has done very well at Hertha.
    I thought he had no future by he could become a good squad option next season.

With all the money we have spent both Grujic & Wilson will save or generate funds next summer.

They'll not be good enough for Liverpool, sell them for 40 million and spend that on Hazard*

*this message was bought to you by yourdeadwright ;)

Can't be hoping for any favours from Arsenal based on that shat last night. One of my neighbours is a longstanding Arsenal fan and he's in bloody despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

I assume these things are negotiated regularly and we are just one club of a few that gets a large slice of the profit. Money rules the game unfortunately and we're willing participants like every one else.

So annoyed at this change..had booked flights early Sunday to come back thinking the game was on Saturday at 3 o'clock. All flights on Sunday are booked out now too, so change of flights and extra night accommodation costing nearly 250 quid extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

They'll not be good enough for Liverpool, sell them for 40 million and spend that on Hazard*

Remember the last lad we had on loan (kinda) in Germany, Midfielder ripping up the league far more impressively than Grujic. I along with many other fans thought he would be a superstar here ,but he came into the team at the start of the season and is now a squad player who makes little impact ( to date ) ,

The only man with more passes from Liverpool fans than Jorginho give's to Chelsea players (:D) ,
    Our very own Naby Keita ( ps I hope unleashes the beast now till the summer )

Honestly I hope they both come back Liverpool and become superstar but I wouldn't bet on it ,

I just like to have a realistic view on our players like I do on other teams players, I refuse to big up players just because they are connected to our club,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just like to have a realistic view on our players like I do on other teams players, I refuse to big up players just because they are connected to our club,

If anything you have a pessimisitic viewpoint.

TitianGerm wrote: »

Possibly correct,

Based on the fact we have never had a loanie come back and succeed, I just can't see it happing now,

For instance Wilson who is 22 next month had a great loan at Hull from January last year had 7 goals in 13 games compared to his 10 in 22 at Derby , So he done better with a worse team.

Jurgen who gives young lads a chance decided even thought we have no cover on the wings to still let him go this season ,

Do you really think he will see a spot for him in the squad next season ?

Can he make here ? it could happen ,
    Is it likely ? probably not ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Possibly correct,

Based on the fact we have never had a loanie come back and succeed, I just can't see it happing now,

For instance Wilson who is 22 next month had a great loan at Hull from January last year had 7 goals in 13 games compared to his 10 in 22 at Derby , So he done better with a worse team.

Jurgen who gives young lads a chance decided even thought we have no cover on the wings to still let him go this season ,

Do you really think he will see a spot for him in the squad next season ?

Can he make here ? it could happen ,
    Is it likely ? probably not ,

We already had Lallana, Origi, Sturridge, Solanke for cover, but they're all leaving (probably).

I'd imagine we'll be buying at least 1 senior attacking player, but there should be at least one spot extra, even with Brewster and AOC coming back in.

Hull only had two players capable of scoring - Wilson and Hernandez, Derby's goals are spread about quite a bit.

Hull only had two players capable of scoring - Wilson and Hernandez, Derby's goals are spread about quite a bit.

That's true but hull where fighting the drop so makes it even more difficult,

I just read Gomes injury is more serious than first thought ,Hasn't even started running yet on the training pitch
    Huge miss for the United and Bayern games, Trent really need to get himself fit,

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

TitianGerm wrote: »

Very much so. Keita had not lived up to expectations so far but hasn't been awful, just not too impactful going forward. It is still really early though so there is plenty of time to judge. If by this time next year he hasn't impressed more than to date then it might be time to concede that he won't work out.

We have a great track record with signings recently, both cheap and expensive, so if he doesn't work out we're still well ahead of the curve.

I don't know why you are so fixated on that negative though in a season of so many positives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

5starpool wrote: »
    Very much so. Keita had not lived up to expectations so far but hasn't been awful, just not too impactful going forward. It is still really early though so there is plenty of time to judge. If by this time next year he hasn't impressed more than to date then it might be time to concede that he won't work out.

We have a great track record with signings recently, both cheap and expensive, so if he doesn't work out we're still well ahead of the curve.

I don't know why you are so fixated on that negative though in a season of so many positives.

Ya titiangerm, you're so negative!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ya titiangerm, you're so negative!

No I'm not. See negative again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I'm calling this early....

The bitters to have a sh1te season:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Flights & tickets sorted for Burnley game 10th March. Can’t wait to see the Ginger Mourinho haha.

Roll on Wednesday night against the Foxes on BT. We play after City for 1st time in a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If I’m enjoying this weekend off I’m sure the players are too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

It's a bloody DHL ad !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s a fantastic ad, to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Brilliant ad love the creativity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think no one gets the love for Salah outside of the UK, seems it's immense, not sure we've ever had a player so loved and adored by millions and millions of people.
    To me he's just another player, a special one like the ones that went before, but he's so much more than that to a lot of people worldwide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports in France that Rabiot is holding out signing for Spurs in case Liverpool come in late for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Easter is a critical time, signing Rabiot could be key, I can see the logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

If Liverpool were interested they would have been in already, he's going to spurs or staying at psg but his agent is trying to squeeze a bit more money out of the deal with speculation

Reports in France that Rabiot is holding out signing for Spurs in case Liverpool come in late for him.

Am I missing something thought Barca had signed him. Not mad about getting involved in such deals anyway as in this day and age running down your contract has a real mercenary feel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think no one gets the love for Salah outside of the UK, seems it's immense, not sure we've ever had a player so loved and adored by millions and millions of people.
    To me he's just another player, a special one like the ones that went before, but he's so much more than that to a lot of people worldwide.

Himself and the mma fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov are now huge superstars in the worldwide Muslim community

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Why would a player leave PSG to join Spurs ahead of Barca even with a bomb of money it's a dumb move.
    Wouldn't want Liverpool dealing with his agent/mother as she's "agreed" a deal with more clubs than Ramsay supposedly did.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Why would a player leave PSG to join Spurs ahead of Barca even with a bomb of money it's a dumb move.
    Wouldn't want Liverpool dealing with his agent/mother as she's "agreed" a deal with more clubs than Ramsay supposedly did.

Yeah it's embarrassing really. Don't need a player caught up in that.

Look at Can. Supposedly left to get his game regularly but barely plays for Juve. Made a mint though from the transfer not to mention a few nice fashion deals in Italy so I'm sure he's happy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Look at Can. Supposedly left to get his game regularly but barely plays for Juve. Made a mint though from the transfer not to mention a few nice fashion deals in Italy so I'm sure he's happy out.

Slow start but he was injured in November and out for 4 or 5 matches. Has played 4 90 minute matches of the last 5. Certainly making his way into the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I think can moved to keep his woman happy. I know he got a 14 million signing fee but his salary is considerably less than he would have been offered at Liverpool. Over the length of the contract it was probably a similar amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Am I missing something thought Barca had signed him. Not mad about getting involved in such deals anyway as in this day and age running down your contract has a real mercenary feel.

barca announced de jong last week, signing in summer,similar player,perhaps rabiot isnt needed anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Citys game against everton has been rearranged for the midweek between the arsenal and chelsea fixtures. Better that they play everton now rather than towards the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

garra wrote: »
    So then Bobby Firmino and Colgate?

Klopp and Specsavers

Or

Klopp and "Just for Men"

Or

Klopp and Opel

Or

Klopp and Throat Lozenges

Klopp actually does do Opel! He also does Warsteiner beer I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Rabiot sounds like an absolute pain in the hole to deal with. He could bring a toxic element to the dressing room. I think Liverpool should steer well clear of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

magma69 wrote: »
    Rabiot sounds like an absolute pain in the hole to deal with. He could bring a toxic element to the dressing room. I think Liverpool should steer well clear of him.

Agreed. I'd prefer to see Grujic introduced next season

• Advertisement

Ryan Kent scoring for Rangers, he seems to have settled well there.

Watching Lazio vs Juventus.

Emre Can has been so bad. Looks lost . Lucas & Luis Alberto playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Watching Lazio vs Juventus.

Emre Can has been so bad. Looks lost . Lucas & Luis Alberto playing well.

Nothing changed then for the great Emre can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I don't really have much hope in Everton getting anything from the City game to be honest. And while I do kind of agree that I would rather Everton play City now instead of later as they will be on the beach come April, Everton usually roll over to teams when Liverpool need them to win. That, and Everton's form is atrocious and their season is pretty much over now anyways and the only thing left in their season is to try stop Liverpool winning the league. It will be their trophy if they can take points off of us.

But.

There will be a nice build up of games every 3 days now for City, that will require strong teams out. They play Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea, Shalke over a 2 week period with another game with Chelsea soon after that. Extra games and constantly having to play at a high intensity I would assume. Tire them out. Keep the games coming for them at a high intensity. One league game where they drop points is still massive. City may well beat Arsenal at home, and Everton away but then the game with Chelsea (who have a free week that week) may just be able to get a point from that game now hopefully. If City had played Chelsea after a free week, they definitely would win it IMO.

L'Equipe are still banging the Rabiot drum, this time Spurs are out of the running and it's a four way tussle with LFC, Bayern, Barcelona and Chelsea all in the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

FitzShane wrote: »
    I don't really have much hope in Everton getting anything from the City game to be honest. And while I do kind of agree that I would rather Everton play City now instead of later as they will be on the beach come April, Everton usually roll over to teams when Liverpool need them to win. That, and Everton's form is atrocious and their season is pretty much over now anyways and the only thing left in their season is to try stop Liverpool winning the league. It will be their trophy if they can take points off of us.

But.

There will be a nice build up of games every 3 days now for City, that will require strong teams out. They play Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea, Shalke over a 2 week period with another game with Chelsea soon after that. Extra games and constantly having to play at a high intensity I would assume. Tire them out. Keep the games coming for them at a high intensity. One league game where they drop points is still massive. City may well beat Arsenal at home, and Everton away but then the game with Chelsea (who have a free week that week) may just be able to get a point from that game now hopefully. If City had played Chelsea after a free week, they definitely would win it IMO.

Stop torturing yourself man. Just assume City are going to win every game until the end of the season.

Anything other then that is a bonus.

I'm getting myself ready for losing to United and Everton and listening to their fans harp on about Liverpool being bottlers and they stopped us winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Ardent wrote: »
    Urggh, why did you have to mentioned that name. Worst signing ever.

£20M we paid for that guy and not a SINGLE goal or assist in his debut season. 36 league games he played that season. We'd have gotten better value for money by dressing him up as a mascot.

nearly choked when i saw him at the weekend playing for boro'.. terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭banie01

https://twitter.com/ajansspor/status/1089816002009944064?s=19

Apparently £20million deal done for Abdulkadir Omur, and he stays at Trabzonspor until the end of the season.
    Is this the "Turkish Messi" that was mentioned in the old thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He's 5ft6' and plays mainly as a wide midfielder/winger.

That is about all I know of him.

5ft6', though. Christ, that is smaller than Messi.

Wonder what this means for Wilson if it is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Knex. wrote: »
    He's 5ft6' and plays mainly as a wide midfielder/winger.

That is about all I know of him.

5ft6', though. Christ, that is smaller than Messi.

Wonder what this means for Wilson if it is true.

So he's as tall as Shaqiri then. We just need him to hit the gym, so...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement