Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sappy404 wrote: »
    So he's as tall as Shaqiri then. We just need him to hit the gym, so...

what 3-D shape does he most resemble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Thud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Thud wrote: »

Express quoting the rag as a source so doubtful its true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-easier-accept-being-liverpools-15739673?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Mignolet talking in the Echo about his future and this season.
    “We are fighting for the Premier League and the Champions League. I am a Liverpool football player with two years left on my contract and I do will my service for the club in the best possible way I can. Then we will see what happens.

“Definitely, nothing will happen this month and we will see what happens in the summer. Hopefully it will be a story for after we have won the Premier League and the Champions League.”

I like his confidence... :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Knex. wrote: »
    He's 5ft6' and plays mainly as a wide midfielder/winger.

That is about all I know of him.

5ft6', though. Christ, that is smaller than Messi.

Wonder what this means for Wilson if it is true.

Need it get him onto the HGH as soon as possible so, like Messi was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

magma69 wrote: »
    Rabiot sounds like an absolute pain in the hole to deal with. He could bring a toxic element to the dressing room. I think Liverpool should steer well clear of him.

Similar things were said about Shaqiri before he signed. At this stage I'd trust the club to make a good judgement on a players attitude. Haven't signed many bad eggs in the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pearce is reporting there is no deal for the Turkish kid and that club have said they haven't been in talks with him and he is not a target of Klopp's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Pearce is reporting there is no deal for the Turkish kid and that club have said they haven't been in talks with him and he is not a target of Klopp's.

Show's where we are as a club again that agents are trying to use our name to get their players in the news!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I really think we could do with getting in another CB this window as backup. Starting to look thin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

8-10 wrote: »
    I really think we could do with getting in another CB this window as backup. Starting to look thin

I know Gomez will be another few weeks, but we have two first choice fit, Fabinho as back-up and two more back in the coming weeks. Adding another is just another player to integrate, find minutes for when all are fit, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Dickerty wrote: »
    I know Gomez will be another few weeks, but we have two first choice fit, Fabinho as back-up and two more back in the coming weeks. Adding another is just another player to integrate, find minutes for when all are fit, etc.

Its right back where we will struggle,
    Milner was durt there and Fabhino who knows,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

i'm afraid father time is catching Milner now. Hasnt had the best of seasons at all. Shame hes been one of our best players the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Well Fabinho has played there for Monaco and Brazil. So I think he'll be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Dickerty wrote: »

One of our first choice is suspended for the next CL game and Fabinho should be one of our starting midfielders when everybody's fit so I think we lose something with him in defence.

I agree that we have enough cover at the moment, just worse case scenario planning we don't have all that much in reserve. If Klavan was fit I'd suggest trying to bring someone like that in, knows the system and we could get a loan deal cheaply enough you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Rabiot can probably be termed as a world class centre-mid, at only 23 he already has 3 seasons as a regular at the very highest level under his belt.

To compare him to Grujic who is only 1 year younger, and say we'd be happy to go with him instead, is crazy when you consider the level Grujic has played at and the performances he put in for us when given a chance.

On paper they are in totally different tiers. Look at the clubs interested in them. One is capable of starting in a top 10 European team, the other looks like he will ultimately be playing at a midtable club or a squad option at a top 6 club.

If Klopp is interested in Rabiot I'm sure he feels his attitude is fine, and I'm confident Klopp will get the best out of him. Rabiot would have the chance to run the midfield for us, to be the main man in the centre of the park.

It would be a very exciting signing imo, especially shrewd on a free, I can't really understand turning your nose up at Rabiot

Morzadec wrote: »
    Rabiot can probably be termed as a world class centre-mid, at only 23 he already has 3 seasons as a regular at the very highest level under his belt.

To compare him to Grujic who is only 1 year younger, and say we'd be happy to go with him instead, is crazy when you consider the level Grujic has played at and the performances he put in for us when given a chance.

On paper they are in totally different tiers. Look at the clubs interested in them. One is capable of starting in a top 10 European team, the other looks like he will ultimately be playing at a midtable club or a squad option at a top 6 club.

If Klopp is interested in Rabiot I'm sure he feels his attitude is fine, and I'm confident Klopp will get the best out of him. Rabiot would have the chance to run the midfield for us, to be the main man in the centre of the park.

It would be a very exciting signing imo, especially shrewd on a free, I can't really understand turning your nose up at Rabiot

6 international caps at 23 and he is world class ?

Not sure about that, looks good in a PSG team who walk most games with there eyes closed,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Rabiot for 20m. Yes please. Its not like he's going to decrease in value if the transfer goes t*ts up in a year's time say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Wollschied available on a free. He'd do a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Rabiot had looked good at Champions League level and I'd be very, very happy indeed if we went for and got him. He has time on his side too and his value will only increase.

Grujic may get there but he's not near Rabiot quality yet.

His Ma seems a bit of a loose cannon operating as his agent so that might be something to be wary of but otherwise i'd be excited if Klopp targets him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I don't rate Rabiot that highly.

Fabinho a far better player. Rabiot is slow in everything he does. Easy to do well at PSG having 70% possession every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Lovren's been cleared of perjury (pending an appeal from the prosecution), so that's nice.

Gbear wrote: »
    Lovren's been cleared of perjury (pending an appeal from the prosecution), so that's nice.

Don't know how he is getting away with calling himself the best defender in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MD1990 wrote: »
    Don't know how he is getting away with calling himself the best defender in the world.
    unless he does it under oath in a court of law it's just nonsense, not perjury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

UmaLpVK.jpg

The bromance continues.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

Morzadec wrote: »

Rabiot would be a bit of a risk. He's looked out of his depth in the big knock out games in the CL. We should be aiming for a top level midfielder, someone who will definitely be an improvement on what we currently have (Henderson, Fab, Keita, Gini, Milner). I know it's hard to come by such players, but I'd rather wait til the right player becomes available. Someone like Veratti, Isco or perhaps a cheeky bid for an unhappy Kante. If we have another good run in the CL I'm sure top level players will want to join us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

From Melissa Reddy`s recent article..
    Klopp also saw no need to pull Dejan Lovren up on his comments about Liverpool attempting to mirror Arsenal’s ‘Invincibles’ season, understanding it is part of the Croatian’s personality.

It is why the centre-back can declare himself one of the best in the world in his position and can describe how his half-time speech at City in the quarter-finals of the Champions League inspired Liverpool to a 2-1 victory on the night - it is just who he is.

Had it been someone more reserved like Joe Gomez discussing Liverpool going unbeaten in the campaign, it would have been a different case, but as the phrase goes at Melwood: ‘Dejan is Dejan’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

dmigsy wrote: »
    Similar things were said about Shaqiri before he signed. At this stage I'd trust the club to make a good judgement on a players attitude. Haven't signed many bad eggs in the last few years.

It doesn't seem to be his attitude per se rather his team around him that are problematic and seem to be filling his head with notions.

But that's just what I've been reading on the internet. The club know more about it than me obviously so hopefully I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

robwen wrote: »

Fair enough really, every player has their own way of constructing their confidence to get through times of insecurity, and his is clearly based in putting out this persona of strength, as if to convince himself to be that guy. And for the most part it works. He has an awful lot more good performances than bad, and this approach doesn't seem to hurt anyone.. he seems one of the more popular members of the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

robwen wrote: »

Also, it was completely innocuous, and the alternative was basically conceding defeat and saying "no, we can't go the season unbeaten".

A smarter person would just have batted the question away.

Not the biggest deal in the grand scheme of things but he's best off staying away from a microphone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Wijnaldum if fit, and Matip at the back with Camacho right back. Dodgy as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I bet he was as breathing bad air. Aircraft are as bad a hospitals for picking up stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Expecting him to be bullet proof all the time is very foolish by the club. Lovren Matip and Gomez are all injury prone. For me another top class centre half is a must in the summer.

• Advertisement

Getting stretched now. Hopefully he's ok and it doesn't cost us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Us not getting in some defensive cover is actually negligent and could very well cost us the best chance we've had to win the lge in 30yrs

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Us not getting in some defensive cover is actually negligent and could very well cost us the best chance we've had to win the lge in 30yrs

Klopp out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

5starpool wrote: »
    Klopp out.

Wouldn't quite go that far now in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Knowingly how Virgil is he'll play, he'd play in a wheelchair if allowed, and he'd still be better than Lovern

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The club goes to the UAE and it’s star defender and most important player gets a mystery illness.

Conspiracy theory time with the sheikhs of City spraying something on his food. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

A Gallas type player would be the best purchase now. Someone who can play anywhere at the back. Even carra might be worth a phone call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

ballyargus wrote: »
    A Gallas type player would be the best purchase now. Someone who can play anywhere at the back. Even carra might be worth a phone call

q7nvr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

ballyargus wrote: »

Where's kola toure hiding?

Need Van Dijk behind the goal instructing the defence if he can't play.

Have him in the kop in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Gary Cahill Incoming!!!!

Why did we let Clyne go ?
    This is exactly what we needed him for ,
    The chap was class against United and would have easily covered,
    People say he wanted to play but he was injured for best part of 18 months ands got paid and looked after by the club surely he could have gave us an extra 5months of being used as stand by ,With the chance of playing in some really big games,

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

People say he wanted to play but he was injured for best part of 18 months ands got paid and looked after by the club surely he could have gave us an extra 5months of being used as stand by ,With the chance of playing in some really big games,

I've heard that his personal life was not conforming to what the club expected from one of it's employees which is why the club moved him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maybe he just wanted to leave.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've heard that his personal life was not conforming to what the club expected from one of it's employees which is why the club moved him on.

I know there was rumours last season about him but hadn't heard anything this year and you'd think seeing he started v United (huge game) that he was in the mangers good books ,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement