Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We're on course now for a Jeopardising January just like last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Klopp has shown nothing but disregard for the cup since he arrived, and for me it's an insult to the club its supporters and past players and managers

Alex Ferguson destroyed the FA Cup when he pulled Man U out of it nearly 20 years ago and since then no major club gives a sh1t about it.

The majority of those major clubs fans feel the same and don't give a sh1t about it.

The league club is a better competition these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ardent wrote: »
    Hopefully tonight finally puts to bed any ideas that Sturridge offers anything anymore. Completely washed up.

Most know it. Those that don’t definitely won’t be convinced by tonight, they’re going down with the ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

I like a good cup run but it's clear what klopp thinks of both domestic cups and that's not much putting it mildly, a couple of games less is no harm but I'm still disappointed to be going out early doors yet again. If we keep it going as we were in the league nobody will give a fiddlers....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Top teams wana won every throphy they can ,

The fa cup is a nothing cup for many a year now.
    Im glad we dont have it as a distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Could yet work in our favour if Lovren's injury forces Klopp into the transfer market.

a late swoop for Gary Cahill maybe :cool:

Hopefully there’s a fine and a ban for Klopp’s disrespect.

Turtyturd wrote: »

lol ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

robwen wrote: »
    Yeah & he doesn't know the name of our regular left back

Yea, that's a typo that comes with the disappointment of a loss.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think we have a near 2 week break now before we play at home at the end of the month to leicester city but so do they

• Advertisement

Well at least no major injury?

Oh wait is Lovren good now or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Hope we get docked some points in the league too

mightyreds wrote: »
    Hope we get docked some points in the league too

And a transfer ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If we win on sat I'll be completely happy.

I wanted to risk the changes. I really believe a break was warranted for some.

I can't play the foresight card myself.

ricero wrote: »
    I think we have a near 2 week break now before we play at home at the end of the month to leicester city but so do they

We play Brighton on Saturday.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mad how we have only won 1 trophy in 13 years, yet the club and a lot of fans are turning their noses up at the FA cup. What if come May we haven't won the league or the CL
    Yea I can't agree with this idea that we're somehow above the FA cup at all. It's delusional. You can bet many of those writing it off as some sort of distraction would be celebrating in May and bigging it up if we won it.

When you haven't won a trophy in as long as we have you aren't in a position to think you're above any silverware. Even a league cup would be welcome at this stage.

Football all about winning trophies. No medals for coming second. Klopp obviously happy to put all the eggs in the CL and PL baskets. Can't agree with his approach toward the FA cup at all to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's disgusting, but what else would you expect from a German. Sack him now. BREXIT MEANS BREXIT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Could yet work in our favour if Lovren's injury forces Klopp into the transfer market.

Can see it. Even If he does he likes to give players a few months to bed in so it wouldn't help us straight away, did it with most bar VVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I think people are just pissed off by the performance of most of the team,not the actual result of the fa cup loss.

Well,at least that's how I feel. Shows up our 'depth' compared to city.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    The fa cup is a nothing cup for many a year now.
    Im glad we dont have it as a distraction.
    This is 100% pure and utter scutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

ricero wrote: »

11 days between Palace home & Leicester home. Warm weather training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Hopefully tonight finally puts to bed any ideas that Sturridge offers anything anymore. Completely washed up.

The man needed service, the performance was woeful, very frustrating for strikers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Disappointed with the performance rather than the result tbh, all I was afraid of late on was a replay, last thing that was needed.
    Klopp makes the calls, we have a bad cup record with him but that's part of the package. We'd all have expected a better performance from the likes of kieta, sturridge, origi, Shaq et al. The kids looked OK but it's a big task to ask a few teenagers to battle with seasoned pros like that.

The injury to Lovren is a worry, but I thought Fab was good at CB, especially considering he had morono on his left.

Am I imagining it, but have we been bad every January under Klopp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lets ve fair if we do some how win the Prem on noe will care a bit

Again very worried about Keita he just hasnt arrived the same man from Germany , Fab was great and in my opinion looks a strong character

We play Brighton on Saturday.

At the end of this month I should of said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'd rather win the fá Cup final then lose a cl final

Mignolet, Moreno, Sturridge need to go.

We need to bring in a striker.

awec wrote: »

Good man get it off your chest.
    To you maybe, to me id rather not have it as a distraction.
    We were never gonna win it anways :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The man needed service, the performance was woeful, very frustrating for strikers

No excuse for Studge he was awful tonight but him amd Dickov shouldnt be in the same team both need players buzzing around them

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

And he is the most frustrating of strikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

https://twitter.com/SimonBrundish/status/1082367471817052161?s=19

Lovren is far from dependable likewise matip and gomez too. You'd have to imagine klopp is on the market for another centre half.

Mignolet, Moreno, Sturridge need to go.

We need to bring in a striker.
    All three will be out the door soon enough, don't think tonight will have changed anything there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Both Man Utd and Chelsea sacked their managers in recent years straight after winning FA Cup. Wenger winning FA Cups didn't stop the moaning from the Arsenal supporters.

Its been massively devalued.

Also

Hoever Damm he lived up to the hype!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Earlier in the season I really really wanted us to give a good solid tilt at both domestic cups. But at that point I didn't think we had a fiddler's at winning - or even challenging - for the league. So for this year, given where we are, I'm grand with anything that improves our chances.

Can only hope City go far in all 3 of their cups and get stretched a little thin.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Both Man Utd and Chelsea sacked their managers in recent years straight after winning FA Cup. Wenger winning FA Cups didn't stop the moaning from the Arsenal supporters.

Its been massively devalued.
    And what?

We haven't won a trophy in ages. We're above nothing.

If we wins the league or champions league he'll be vindicated. Otherwise, it's just going to be yet another trophyless season. Coming second won't make up for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Updated Fixtures

Date Team TV
    3rd Jan Man City (a) Sky Sports
    5th Jan Wolves (a) BBC
    12th Jan Brighton (a) Sky Ireland
    19th Jan Palace
    30th Jan Leicester BT Sport

Date Team TV
    4th Feb West Ham (a) Sky Sports
    9th Feb Bournemouth
    19th Feb Bayern München (GER) BT Sports
    24th Feb Man Utd (a) Sky Sports
    27th Feb Watford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Alisson, TAA, Robertson, VVD and the front three needed a break or risk injury. Lovren was probably risked and look what happened. Its frustrating but not as frustrating if any of the rested players got injured.

Do we have the squad for all 3? If we lose our 4 point lead and bomb out of the CL would an FA cup run make you happy? Going deep in the FA cup isn't easy either btw. Klopp made a call and its EPL/CL all the way. I'm ok with that.

Also

Hoever Damm he lived up to the hype!

Very impressed. Hopefully he can become a mini VVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Klopp has shown nothing but disregard for the cup since he arrived, and for me it's an insult to the club its supporters and past players and managers
    As has been demonstrated tonight, we just don't have the strength in depth to tackle three different competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Alex Ferguson destroyed the FA Cup when he pulled Man U out of it nearly 20 years ago and since then no major club gives a sh1t about it.

The majority of those major clubs fans feel the same and don't give a sh1t about it.

Hahaha, yeah it's big bad United's fault. Might want to fact check on that one btw.

It was an awful decision from Klopp tonight to go with his 2nd string. City are going for a quadruple and to win everything they can. I can't believe that Klopp would allow any kind of losers mentality to form like that, especially as a former cup winner with Dortmund himself. I almost said so in here earlier that he would surely have more respect than that given he's now set himself up as having to win the CL or league for questions not to be asked.

With plenty of time until the next game, 4 points ahead in league with so many games left and Bayern in the next CL game aren't situations to be throwing away a trophy. Especially given the length of time since anything was won. I'm very surprised he did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Again very worried about Keita he just hasnt arrived the same man from Germany , Fab was great and in my opinion looks a strong character

Anyone read that in Rodgers voice? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If we had played one of the normal front 3 it would have been different game and we'd be in the next round against Stoke or Shrewesbury with a sniff of the trophy with so many premiership teams getting knocked out.

Instead he had to throw the big guns in to draw and secure a replay which defeats the purpose of resting them in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

That's pure and utter scutter you are talking there my friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Must be tiring having to read ever post in the Liverpool super thread just to leap to Manchester Uniteds defence.

And what?

We haven't won a trophy in ages. We're above nothing.

If we wins the league or champions league he'll be vindicated. Otherwise, it's just going to be yet another trophyless season. Coming second won't make up for that.

Its simple, we do not have the squad to have a crack at Premier League,Champions League and FA Cup.
    Some of us are just being realistic, this is our best chance of the holy grail in forever, last thing i want is a silly fa cup distraction.
    If you disagree fair enough but there is validity in both sides of the fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

shamrock55 wrote:
    I'd rather win the fá Cup final then lose a cl final

So would most but nobody knows if either will happen in January so you have to prioritise or get a bigger squad with more quality in depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You're worried about Keita?

First I'm hearing of it.

That's pure and utter scutter you are talking there my friend

You'd know all about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

It is nice to win a trophy but we have a decent chance of winning the league which is the dream.

No FA cup matches and an extra few games for City improves our chances even if just slightly.

The same weekend we beat Wolves away after a week to train towards it, City lost to Palace at home after a midweek league cup quarter final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement