Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There’s a Celtic and Rangers thread for Celtic fans to spout that bullish!t, would be great if this thread didn’t get exposed to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This thread can be bad enough with the sectarian tribalism. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Celtic are irrelevant to the conversation, it's nothing to do with them.

My point is simply that Rangers as a club represents a very right wing, anti Irish sentiment, loyalist sentiment.

It's hard to respect anyone who'd get involved with that sort of organisation irrespective of his achievements on the pitch

Nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

keane-exit.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

No intention of initiating a Celtic/Rangers debate. Have no idea why Celtic were even mentioned.

Plenty can overlook Gazza being a wife beater on the basis of his footballing ability. Understandable that plenty would overlook Gerrard's hard right tendencies too on the basis of his achievements on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Augeo wrote: »
    His link up play with Fowler was often sensational :)

Bolton league cup final was magic to my 12 year old self,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Turtyturd wrote: »
    There’s a Celtic and Rangers thread for Celtic fans to spout that bullish!t, would be great if this thread didn’t get exposed to it.

I have to laugh at my Celtic supporting chums getting great mileage out of Rangers and Stevie G these days, they seem to think I now care about the SPL since Stevie is at the helm, newsflash, I could not give a witches tìt about what happens in Scottish football....

And his daughter's name is Lourdes and Stevie is Catholic since religion matters so much in football...

Insert rolleyes smiley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Newcastle have zero chance of anything tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

shamrock55 wrote: »

I agree it's the hope that kills ya.

Only way I can see any sort of result is if city were to get a man sent off and have a serious bad day in front of goal. Even with 10 men I would fancy city to beat them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Since the defeat to Leicester on Stephen's Day, Man City have won every game they played by an aggregate score of 33-2. The last goal they conceded was Firmino's strike in the 2-1 on January 3.

It has been a nice run of games - and the Burton and Rotherham games inflated the goals for column quite significantly (17/33 came in those 3 games!) - but they look like they can sweep aside everyone at the moment.

I'd love it if Newcastle could get anything out of this one but I'll honestly be stunned if they lose by less than 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I’m just hoping for City to get some injuries in the next few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Would have said the same about Leicester and, especially, Palace in December. I agree it's a very very slim chance, but who knows, even a draw would be brilliant, c'mon Rafa!

I'd love it if Newcastle could get anything out of this one but I'll honestly be stunned if they lose by less than 3.

kevin-keegan-beat-them-iwould-love-it-love-it-newcastle-gif-12493014

We live in hope...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I said that about palace when they went to play City.

But yeah. Holding out 0 hope for tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Thing about Newcastle is they don't concede many, rafa as we know is a bit of a master in defensive tactics, the longer they go keeping city scoreless the better obviously, but if they could get to half time then who knows, all I want is a draw, I'd be thrilled beyond belief with that, its very hard to see it though but still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Anybody expecting anything tonight from Newcastle is letting themselves in for a lot of heart ache

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Put a sneaky tenner on them at 17/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Anybody expecting anything tonight from Newcastle is letting themselves in for a lot of heart ache

If you have no expectations you'll never be disappointed!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

ebbsy wrote: »
    Put a sneaky tenner on them at 17/1.

Ah man!

You should have said you were looking to throw away a tenner. I'd have gladly taken it

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Just one more miracle Rafa please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Newcastle had a good defensive record against the top 6 alright, they didn't lose any game by more than one goal.....until they came to Anfield and got hammered. Got beat by a couple by United then again, but then reverted to type at home to Chelsea and lost the single goal again.

Newcastle got a massive win last time out against Cardiff to get out of the relegation zone, so may just play for the point tonight and failing that, will play to keep the goal difference down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think they will slip up tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Why did we let Clyne go ?
    This is exactly what we needed him for ,
    The chap was class against United and would have easily covered,
    People say he wanted to play but he was injured for best part of 18 months ands got paid and looked after by the club surely he could have gave us an extra 5months of being used as stand by ,With the chance of playing in some really big games,

It was an incredibly stupid thing to do. But he's gone now and we're not allowed to question the decision to leave him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Red Bull striker no not Werner the other one Poulsen in an interview with a Danish paper say he dreams of playing for Liverpool.

Leipzig can turn into our German Southampton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Surely this is one of the joys of following football. It's not deterministic. Hoping, not expecting, that an unlikely result happens is part of the fun. For 20 kicks in the balls and last minute winners for City, Chelsea, Utd etc there will be those golden moments of freak, possibly undeserved results that go your way. And they're magic.

Enjoy caring about every result involving the teams at the top of the table. We don't often get to this point in the season where we do.

So who do we have available for RB? Seeing as Milner, TAA and Gomez are out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Heading over to the game tomorrow,praying for 3 points and weather to hold off.

Vicxas wrote: »

Fabinho

Fabinho

Or young Camacho is a possibility also, would go Fab myself!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Klopp said it could be a full back or a wing back in the match tomorrow.

I reckon he may be toying with the idea of 3 at the back with Camacho as a wing back.
    If not Fab at full back.

I'd go
    Becker
    Fab
    VVD
    Matip
    Robbo
    Gini
    Hendo
    Shaq
    Mane
    Salah
    Bobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Id gladly throw another €75m at koulibaly - only 27 - with himself and the dyke as a 2 pair we would never concede again and both would inspire the confidence we see VD giving the back line and the team. I really think it would be a truly immense pairing and he would be at the very top of the shopping list!

ardinn wrote: »
    Id gladly throw another €75m at koulibaly - only 27 - with himself and the dyke as a 2 pair we would never concede again and both would inspire the confidence we see VD giving the back line and the team. I really think it would be a truly immense pairing and he would be at the very top of the shopping list!

Doubt Napoili would even entertain offers for him in Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Vicxas wrote: »

When are we playing Red Bull..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not true, they have a 100% chance of losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Fieldog wrote: »
    kevin-keegan-beat-them-iwould-love-it-love-it-newcastle-gif-12493014

We live in hope...

Is it snowing there? It's ****ing freezing here.

Hopefully all those high end players will not fancy doing much in that weather on a cold Tuesday night in newcastle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Red Bull striker no not Werner the other one Poulsen in an interview with a Danish paper say he dreams of playing for Liverpool.

Leipzig can turn into our German Southampton.

It might be just me but I never ever want another Poulsen from Denmark representing the club. Still too raw.

His name is Robert Poulson

• Advertisement

VVD declared fit by RTE just now

VVD declared fit by RTE just now

Glad RTE have the inside line on LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd go
    Becker
    Fab
    VVD
    Matip
    Robbo
    Gini
    Hendo
    Shaq
    Mane
    Salah
    Bobby

Bit narrow for my liking ;)

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Bit narrow for my liking ;)

I’d prefer to say it’s an incredibly strong spine of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mosstin wrote: »
    Is it snowing there? It's ****ing freezing here.

Been on and off all day, nothing sticking though as it’s been p!ssing .

Where are the club gonna get €75 million?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Alisson
    Matip--Lovren--VVD
    Fab
    Robbo
    Shaqiri
    Hendo
    Fiminio
    Salah
    Mane

Where are the club gonna get €75 million?

Down the back of couch, the change we have signing Andy Robertson for 8 million, he's now clearly a €83m quid defender....

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've heard that his personal life was not conforming to what the club expected from one of it's employees which is why the club moved him on.

Unless it involved substance abuse, his personal life is his personal life.

• Advertisement

Well that hope lasted all of 25 seconds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement