Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm emptying my PP account on a Leicester win.

Blue Moon's post match thread is already nearing 100 pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I'm emptying my PP account on a Leicester win.

Blue Moon's post match thread is already nearing 100 pages.

https://imgur.com/XvOCuVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭Thud

I can see City winning all their games until the end of the season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

So both Roy and Rafa beat City this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Thud wrote: »
    I can see City winning all their games until the end of the season...

I saw quite a few people say that before tonight happened. They won't and neither will we.

If you're trying a jinx thing than I don't believe in them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Liverpool trending worldwide.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

DrumSteve wrote: »
    So both Roy and Rafa beat City this year...

But not Jurgen.

Klopp out.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Man City play 1st now every weekend until April including playing one game more after next Wednesday night, can be good so Liverpool now how they did 1st but also put pressure on Liverpool to match the city result

We play Bournemouth on Feb 9th and City play Chelsea the day after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Strange thing is that in City's last 3 defeats have been against unexpected opposition (Newcastle, Leicester & Palace) and also City scored the first goal in each game.

That has to affect their mentality in future games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

What a result that was!

Was over at Anfield for the Palace game last week and must say that the second half felt like a cup final.

The biggest obstacle we will face between now and the end of the season will be the weight of the growing pressure in each game.

Anfield will be like a pressure cooker as the games tick down, but Klopp and the lads proving to be dealing with it fine up to now so no reason to start doubting them.

Leicester at home is our biggest game of the season now. An opportunity to extend our lead that we need to grab with both hands.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Owl. wrote: »
    We play Bournemouth on Feb 9th and City play Chelsea the day after.

And half of the thread will be there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

rafa-benitez-smiling-jurgen-klopp-liverpool-anfield-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

To finish the night off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Lads I'm pissed in Puerto Rico. What a wonderful night, city got beat, utd have had their best ever start for a new manager and have gone from 6th to 6th. **** em all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

When does it begin, when can we show the belief? Like under Rodgers, when every game at Anfield was thunderous on the run in, when the ground outside was like a battlefield for every visiting team to overcome.

I think tommorrow night is the start of it. This isnt the same city side as last year. . all the ducks are in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm not feeling well and went to bed at 8:20 last night, City had scored in the first minute and were cruising. Just woke up and see Newcastle won. Did I die during the night, is this heaven, will the lad who put the tenner on Newcastle back against City for the rest of the season? I wonder if I am dead do I need to go into work?

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm not feeling well and went to bed at 8:20 last night, City had scored in the first minute and were cruising. Just woke up and see Newcastle won. Did I die during the night, is this heaven, will the lad who put the tenner on Newcastle back against City for the rest of the season? I wonder if I am dead do I need to go into work?

You're not dead.

However, you're going to bed early for the rest of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

RRRRAFA BENITEZ RRRRAFA BENITEZ SOLOMON RONDON MATT RICHIE DUBRAVKA.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Also over at the Bournmouth game on the 9th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Well...worst thing that can happen tonight is that we get a free hit in this round of games. Leicester won't be an easy game. I'll reserve losing the head until the game is finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm honestly not sure if I've ever loved Rafa more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

SlickRic wrote: »

Ah i have in fairness, there was this one time.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It's going to be very interesting to compare Liverpool's performance tonight after the 10 day break with Man City's rather tired showing yesterday.

The early cup exits could prove absolutely crucial this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I can't read the general thread, all the angst is making me feel ill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's ok Gimli we've won the league now according to the neutrals. I wonder will they present us with the trophy before the game tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

x43r0 wrote: »
    Ah man!

You should have said you were looking to throw away a tenner. I'd have gladly taken it

This aged badly!

Please tell me you put that tenner on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

City's goal that was disallowed was huge call by ref ! He really helped us out.

cant believe some of them are crying about it. The ref clearly told De Bruyne to wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I’m certainly not getting carried away even though I’m buzzing after last night. It’s a war and each game we play is a battle that could cost us that war. Ignore anyone saying the league is wrapped up, complete shyte only said to give them the chance to turn around and laugh at us if City win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Was a strange sensation watching that last night. At 1-1 it was nearly worse than watching a tight LFC match. Sick in the stomach because you know there is no way Newcastle hold out for the rest of the game. Then the penalty, you jump out of your seat with excitement but the excruciating wait nearly kills you. You know if he misses City are straight up the other end for the winner, season defining moments. Your prayers to Matt Ritchie are answered.

Newcasltle see it out comfortably enough in the end. One ball into the Newcastle box is not chased by any City player and you feel the narrative has changed a bit. You've 2 bottles of Heino flattened on a School night then you realise it is all for nothing unless we beat Leicester. C'mon lads lets keep our foot on their throats. Im sure tonight will be like a Champs league game, it's there for us

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Leave them at it. Let them argue amongst themselves.

• Advertisement

It's hilarious. Apparantly, it's our year. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Rondon has to be the most Rafa signing ever. Of course it has worked briallantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Embrace it, revel in it.

City are clearly still favourites, but the thought of us possibly doing it has them clinging to any excuses they can find, especially the ‘luck’ angle they’re pushing now. A few weeks ago everyone bar Liverpool fans were saying it was wrapped up so they could say it was thrown away if City won it, in a few weeks they’ll have something else.

No matter what happens I’m enjoying the squirming. From the anyone but Liverpool posts, to the ‘I’m gonna close my account’ posts, but especially the ‘I don’t care if they win it’ posts from people who are clearly invested in Liverpool not winning it and spend more time posting about Liverpool than their own team.

It’s glorious.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rondon worked his low lying socks off last night.
    Perez was a real workhorse for them as well.

My prediction from a week or so ago of City not losing another game is blown very quickly.
    I guess I'll say it again, City will win all the rest of their games this season in the league.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Embrace it, revel in it.

City are clearly still favourites, but the thought of us possibly doing it has them clinging to any excuses they can find, especially the ‘luck’ angle they’re pushing now. A few weeks ago everyone bar Liverpool fans were saying it was wrapped up so they could say it was thrown away if City won it, in a few weeks they’ll have something else.

No matter what happens I’m enjoying the squirming. From the anyone but Liverpool posts, to the ‘I’m gonna close my account’ posts, but especially the ‘I don’t care if they win it’ posts from people who are clearly invested in Liverpool not winning it and spend more time posting about Liverpool than their own team.

It’s glorious.

The squirming and backtracking is lovely, it really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

City are clearly still favourites,

Not even close - they're 13/5.

Liverpool are red-hot favourites at 2/7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Dickerty wrote: »
    This aged badly!

Please tell me you put that tenner on!!

Alas, I didn't

However, Leicester @ 14/1 hmmm.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not even close - they're 13/5.

Liverpool are red-hot favourites at 2/7.

City are favourites, trust me.

Now enough of those facts and figures before the wannabe bookmakers of boards come flocking in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

City are favourites, trust me.

Now enough of those facts and figures before the wannabe bookmakers of boards come flocking in.

Hahahaha.

What odds are you giving on Liverpool Turty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

SlickRic wrote: »
    He did ye a real solid last night, congrats lads - it's your year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I just hope to god all the celebrating of Rafa doesn't come back to haunt us,
    We have them away second last game of the season , Lets hope they are safe ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

mada999 wrote: »
    cant believe some of them are crying about it. The ref clearly told De Bruyne to wait...

The quote going round is

'he was punished for his brilliance'...:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Newcastle need around 12-14 more points from the 12 games they have before Liverpool to play IMO.

Currently have 24 points and I reckon around 36 - 38 may keep you up this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

He rolled over on Boxing Day. He'll do the same, they'll be safe by then.

I wonder what the crowd will be like tonight,

Its been such a long wait for us to finish first and now we have a great chance, I just hope there isn't a nervous atmosphere, we need to patient ,

You kind of feel like its different for Liverpool to be in this position than any of the other top 6 as the history and the wait to win may be a weight around our necks, I know its defo the case for the fans but fingers crossed it isn't transferred to the players ,

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    He rolled over on Boxing Day. He'll do the same, they'll be safe by then.

He will if they are safe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Think the fans will be well up for it tonight. Will be like a CL game - mid-week, under the lights...i expect the Kop to be in full voice.
    Pure manic aggression!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think Klopp made reference to it yesterday alright about being a midweek game - hopefully a hint at the people lucky enough to be there to being their A game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Embrace it, revel in it.

It’s glorious.

if we somehow win it, the narrative will go something like this...

'City were not at their best in the League. They wanted the Champions League more, and went deep in all the Cups, and they threw it away. Liverpool sandbagged the cups to only concentrate on the League, so they're not as good as the season suggests. And also, if Mourinho hadn't destroyed us, we'd have had a shot. But with Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal in transition, and Spurs not spending anything, Liverpool didn't really have to beat much.'

City are clearly still favourites............

Liverpool are 1/3
    Man City are 5/2

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement