Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

tenor.gif?itemid=10320382

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We weren't going to win every game, but that was fúcking shít.

I've never seen the front so static. Firmino had a shocker, and Leicester could just get away with double marking Salah.

Even with that, we should've blatantly had a penalty and been against 10 men. And Leicester got away with some amount of other nonsense too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pepp1989 wrote:
    The anxiety from the fans was so frustrating tonight.

To be fair the players didn't help that. Poor clearances, bad defending & never looking like they would score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Slattsy wrote: »
    After last night's result... at Anfield, against a poor team in Leicester, tonight's performance nothing short of embarrassing.

The same Leicester who beat City and Chelsea a few weeks ago? We weren't brilliant and they were very good today. A few decisions didn't go our way in the McGuire foul, the two offsides against Mane and the stone wall penalty. On another day we win that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

An point up after another round of games. There are some positives.

But city favourites for the league still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I said it last week and people laughed , trip to Dubai was a waste jet lag and vome back to the cold , it was a money making trip ,
    Defence looks shot of confidemce Fabhino has to start in midfeild

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    We weren't ****. We weren't particularly good either though. An average performance. Can't win them all. Should have had a peno and been playing against 10 men for 50 minutes though.

Should have had 2 penos, that was a 100% stone wall penalty on salah by maguire in the first half, no different between that challenge and the one Matip was booked for. I have no idea on earth how the commentators made nothing of it.

Instead of playing against 10 we were playing against 14, ref and both lines men were horrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's how you approach things. On the back of a poor result, we've increased our lead. If we knew in advance that this would be a draw, we'd have expected to be two clear. But we're five clear.

It's a worrying reaction to that Palace match though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Terrible performance all round.

Don’t understand how they can be so fault with 11 days break and then the City result last night.

No urgency or movement whatsoever.

Shaqiri worst player on the pitch closely followed by Salah

Next 3 games will tell a lot, City have it all to do in next 3, we just need to chip away at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Please don't start Keita again please Jurgen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

SlickRic wrote: »
    We weren't going to win every game, but that was fúcking shít.

I've never seen the front so static. Firmino had a shocker, and Leicester could just get away with double marking Salah.

Even with that, we should've blatantly had a penalty. And Leicester got away with some amount of nonsense.

Firmino still had a couple of the best touches in the game, shaqiri s best performances have been coming on for the last half hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Gained a point on City but it feels like we’ve lost points on them.

Nah good point and happy enough with it all things considered. Leicester are a poxy team for us.

I don't want to see that midfield anytime soon. Keita, Shaq and Gini way too soft to be playing against a team like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

We rarely do well against them or Palace so 4 from 6 is decent but there was plenty of worrying things on show in both games which is, well a worry!

Ref and his blind linesmen were a disgrace. People call us lucky, Maguire should be off and Keita one is a clear pen, the mane offside near the end is staggering too.

Still, point gained on City, we'll take it.

Ref and linesman cost us so many decisions tonight, hard to take. On VAR it's a penalty all day long, linesman flagged everything offside and hoped he was right, he was not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Going to have to get a player 2 footed in the area to get a penalty again this season.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Don't understand why we decided to start putting the pressure on in injury time. Pretty sure if we had kept that sort of pressure up for 15/20 mins in the second half we'd have won. A bit of movement saw Lallana get in behind for a cut back, Mane got his second free header from a corner, Robertson got a ball in along the six yard box.

It was just lethargic front to back. No urgency, no movement. Didn't cope with the pressure at all.

I know we're a point better off than we were, but it feels like two points dropped because of the manner of that result. There is a huge difference between 5 and 7 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Trip to Dubai has us all refreshed................... More like jet lagged!

Henderson should've stepped up and flown the plane faster you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Any chance Sarri gets the bullet before City play them, they've decided they're not playing again which means an easy City win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

City vs Palace and Leicester = 0 points

Liverpool vs Palace and Leicester = 4 points

Game week 24 City 0 points, Liverpool 1 point

Just keep accumulating. Focus on the next game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The team blew a massive opportunity to go 7 points clear, tonight feels like a loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Puel often seems to set up his teams well against us. Didn’t even score against them over 3 matches against Southampton a couple years ago.

The snow really slowed the pitch down. It was like playing on a soggy field.

Robbo’s worst moment since he joined. Beyond daft to concede that cheap free right on half time.

Always thought Keita would come good but I’m worrying a bit now to be honest. Anonymous in too many games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Not great, but still gained a point this week.
    Had chances early on to go 2 up, Maguire should have got a red but intimately the pedestrian midfield was the problem. Missing Gomez and TAA badly. Only annoying thing for me was fvcking Sturridge, what is he doing there? Waaay off the pace, glory shooting and not adding any pace of physical threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The team blew a massive opportunity to go 7 points clear, tonight feels like a loss.

Disappointing yes but no way do I feel like we lost. A point gained on City overall is good. Expect City to steamroll Arsenal Chelsea and Everton so we gotta get back to winning ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Looked nakerex and after having such a long time off that pressure couldnt cope with it , Salah was shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Can't win them all lads. Poor performance. Makeshift defence. Dust ourselves off and on to the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ref's in the perfect position for that. Ricardo had been booked 7 minutes prior too so could well have been off.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I said it last week and people laughed , trip to Dubai was a waste jet lag and vome back to the cold , it was a money making trip ,
    Defence looks shot of confidemce Fabhino has to start in midfeild

Well when it’s only half of your 1st team defence and a player playing right back for the first time then yes it is going to be shaky

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Wijnaldum looks like a midfielder who belongs in a title winning team.

• Advertisement

McGuire should have been off
    Should not have been on pitch to score
    We should have had a clear penalty
    We had some great positions flagged off side

Everything was wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Leicester were excellent. They had the better chances, really frustrated Liverpool, kept their shape and their gameplan and their tactic of double-marking Salah worked a treat.

Five points clear at the top with 14 games to go is something anyone would have taken a couple of months ago. Now it's just up to Klopp to get it right for West Ham.

Looked nakerex and after having such a long time off that pressure couldnt cope with it , Salah was shocking

Salah was marked by 2 players the whole game and the one time he did get free Sturridge went for glory

The guy who should not have been on pitch got MOTM
    A JOKE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We aren't going to get all the decisions and we aren't going to win every game. We all have to live with that fact. City wont win every game either. Still a long way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Leicester were excellent. They had the better chances, really frustrated Liverpool, kept their shape and their gameplan and their tactic of double-marking Salah worked a treat.

Five points clear at the top with 14 games to go is something anyone would have taken a couple of months ago. Now it's just up to Klopp to get it right for West Ham.

Absolutely spot on. Some of the comments here are unbelievably defeatist and pessimistic. 5 pts clear at the top going into February... come on lads ffs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

McGuire should have been off
    Should not have been on pitch to score
    We should have had a clear penalty
    We had some great positions flagged off side

Everything was wrong

FA have an agenda against us.......cant have a club being run in a correct manner winning something against the money flushed clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't think it was a red card myself. Mane doesn't have the ball and is chasing it away from goal.

5 points clear 42 to play for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Never underestimate how bad Atkinson can be.

We deserved nothing more than what we got, but that performance from him was utterly diabolical. To get that many decisions for one team wrong is an achievement.

I actually think teams are missing a trick by not attacking us. We've looked fairly vulnerable lately, with Gomez in particular missing beside VVD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

While it does feel somewhat like a defeat, after this round of games, we are a point further ahead. Considering the respective fixtures, I would certainly have taken that beforehand.
    Back to winning ways next time please and a couple of players back from the start hopefully.

Too many players didn't get going at all tonight. Mané the big exception.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Don't think it was a red card myself. Mane doesn't have the ball and is chasing it away from goal.
    50/50 for me.

If it was given he'd have no complaints, but at the same time I can see why it wasn't.

yay !
    BT Ref has back tracked, it was a clear penalty after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,693 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Absolutely spot on. Some of the comments here are unbelievably defeatist and pessimistic. 5 pts clear at the top going into February... come on lads ffs!!

If we were 5 points ahead going into May, we'd still be rightly worried. It's not over till its over.

It's never a red card. People think last man challenges are automatic reds...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The performances vs Palace & Leicester have been noticeably poor. Not having a right back hurts, in particular an attacking one.
    Have to say the last 20 minutes nearly worried me more than the previous 50 as we never looked like scoring. People can shout for pens but we shouldn't need one every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Puel often seems to set up his teams well against us. Didn’t even score against them over 3 matches against Southampton a couple years ago.

Yeah and they were just waiting for their opportunity to hit us on the break. They actually could of put the game out of sight early in the 2nd half too had players made the right decisions.

That's why I'm ok with the team not putting the pressure on until the last few minutes. Playing like that with 20 minutes to go would have left to conceding again. I'm certain of that.

Sometimes you have be cute against these type of teams and take what you can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

TAA and Gomez will walk straight back into the side, none of the cover comes close to what they give us. Is Ox due back any time soon, could do with a bit of drive in CM too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

What’s annoying me isn’t the red card, it’s the fact if you look across, Salah has started to run through the centre and I think he would defo have half a yard on his defender for a squared ball across from Mane instead of Mane shooting and it would have ended up a tap in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

FA have an agenda against us.......cant have a club being run in a correct manner winning something against the money flushed clubs.

Don't feed the trolls! You know they're lurking :pac::pac:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c5220e4646f5662327d16fc

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement