Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Keita was poor last night. Dont know how we can say otherwise. He has an awful tendency to over-run the ball or not play the simple pass.
    I dont think he's making the correct decisions for the team right now.
    Obviously his strength is running with the ball and he did that to great effect in the one-two with firmino that resulted in the penalty claim, but otherwise he's been pretty poor/average whenever he's played.
    Sometimes its takes a player a good while to settle and were seeing that with Naby. Its just disappointing he hasn't hit any kind of form or shown what he capable of after all the youtube videos posted last year and the length of time we spent chasing him etc.

Henderson, Fabinho and wijnaldum are our best CM three at the mo. Hopefully the ox will be back soon to add that drive from midfield.

Worst thing for me last night was the players mindset...they didnt seem to be up for the game at all. Even after going 1-0 up inside two minutes. We should have blown Leicester off the pitch after that, ala the old Rodgers blitz, where was the urgency to get two/three .
    Not too downhearted, we have after all gained a point on city after another round of matches, its just the lingering sense of ..what might have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

5starpool wrote: »
    Keita was far from poor last night. I was disappointed when he was taken off for Lallana. Shaqiri was virtually anonymous last night, and hasn't made much of an impact in recent game yet it hasn't been mentioned much. I'd rather have made the one sub at that point, Fabinho on for Shaqiri, and push Keita a little further forward.

Certainly no need for panic, and the calls for us to deliberately get knocked out of the CL (even though it might well happen naturally) are nonsense. The CL is different fish to the FA Cup and the likes, and the addition of potentially 4 more games (I won't count the final as it is after the end of the PL) shouldn't make the difference between winning and losing the PL. If it came to it, that with 5 PL games left and we're a couple of points clear, for arguments sake, Klopp rested a couple of people in a CL semi final to keep them fresh for a PL game 3 days later, I'd be ok with that if it is what he judged to be the right thing, but there is no way we should be punting the CL in February.

At the business end of the season anyhow, unless players are knackered or carrying a knock, there will be little rotation when we could win 2 comps, and that is as it should be.

Completely agree. I thought Keita was one of our better players in that at least he was trying to make things happen, looking to break lines etc,,

For me, Shaqiri was anonymous and has been absolutely dire since his magic cameo against Utd.

As for Lallana,his day as a Top 6 player is done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

"It’s come to my attention – via a reliable source – that there was a lot more illness in the Reds’ camp last week in Dubai last week than was let on before the game" - Paul Tomkins, possibly explains why they seemed a bit off the pace last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

"It’s come to my attention – via a reliable source – that there was a lot more illness in the Reds’ camp last week in Dubai last week than was let on before the game" - Paul Tomkins, possibly explains why they seemed a bit off the pace last night.

Dodgy lasagna?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Keita has 2 big problems...

1. He hasnt adapted to Liverpools speed of play and the formation.
    2. He hasnt adapted to the physical side of the English game.

Lets hope he is a Klopp special and comes good in his second season.

If you think Keita hasn't adapted ti the speed of play then Id don't know what to say about Lallana & Sturridge. Million miles off the pace

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

vvd lost 2 kg last week through illness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'd take Gray as a forward option in the summer.

He would be like Mane in 2016.

Develop him and he would be very dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Looking at the positives...

After a great first half of the season, we have had plenty of injuries, so if we do become Champions, no one can say we were lucky with injuries.

We are averaging 2.54 points per game which would be 96 points over 38 games. Only City (last year) have done better.

Last nights result felt like a loss to many, but we increased our lead at the top.

We are top of the table.

On paper, we have an easier run in than City.

Last night was one of our poorest games in a long time and we still avoided defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Kyle Walker had to backtrack and delete this.

I hope it comes back to bite him in the ass.

7vy9c5h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

robwen wrote: »
    A faux outrage failure

Yeah, firstly, not the LFC bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I’d say there were one or two on here who had it posted before quickly deleting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

MD1990 wrote: »

Maddison a much better player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dodgy lasagna?

Poisoned by Abu Dhabi sheikhs on a day trip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Seems pretty harmless.

Not sure why.

Maybe Pep gave him an earful. He seems like a very serious man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm not sure Gray is at the level Mané was in 2016 and I've not seen much to suggest he will get there either. Hard worker and a pacy, tricky player for sure but he's not a good finisher.

By way of comparison: at Southampton, in his last season, Mané hit 15 goals in all comps. In his entire career, Gray has managed 16.

I just think there'd be better options than Gray if we were looking for an attacker tbh.

But, it is worth noting that he is just 22 and has had quite a turnover of managers and styles, which probably hasn't helped his development at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Naby was one of our better players last night. Thought Shaq, Firmino and Salah were disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'm not sure Gray is at the level Mané was in 2016 and I've not seen much to suggest he will get there either. Hard worker and a pacy, tricky player for sure but he's not a good finisher.

By way of comparison: at Southampton, in his last season, Mané hit 15 goals in all comps. In his entire career, Gray has managed 16.

I just think there'd be better options than Gray if we were looking for an attacker tbh.

But, it is worth noting that he is just 22 and has had quite a turnover of managers and styles, which probably hasn't helped his development at this stage.

Gray is decent but not good enough for us , He's the type player we'd have singed under Rodgers ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

ebbsy wrote: »
    Yes it was a peno, but Keita should have shot earlier ?

Agreed, he could have taken it right-footed with 2nd touch or left-footed with 3rd touch, instead had to take extra step to take it right-footed on 3rd touch and that allowed the challenge. All happens in a split second but a confident player gets a good effort away there. He seems to be improving but has as many brain farts offensively as Moreno used to have defensively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Liverpool were interested in both him and Chilwell back in 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Keita has been fine as an overall player, not good but not rubbish. My biggest issue with him is his lack of affect in the final third, last night being one of the few times he got himself into a position to affect it and he should have got a peno. He needs to do more of that. He usually gets to play in the more advanced role of the midfield and is in a team that has most of the possession and creates more chances, he's neither creating chances or scoring them. In the League, we've played 24 and he's been involved in 17, two of the sub appearances where for a minute or two so not much he'd do in those games. But he's clearly not affecting the play near enough when we're attacking.

Games - 10 starts, 7 subs, 874 minutes
    Goals - 0
    Assists - 1
    Big Chances created - 1
    Through Balls - 3
    Shots - 19, 8 on target

garra wrote: »
    Agreed, he could have taken it right-footed with 2nd touch or left-footed with 3rd touch, instead had to take extra step to take it right-footed on 3rd touch and that allowed the challenge. All happens in a split second but a confident player gets a good effort away there. He seems to be improving but has as many brain farts offensively as Moreno used to have defensively.

I think he needs to take it on his left and go across goal or high to the nearest post. The outside of the right foot just isn't the right option, his left foot may be weaker but he doesn't need to generate a lot of power from that far out. Yes he should have had a peno but he just seemed to making the wrong decision. There's been a couple of times where he's just waited too long or made the wrong decision when in a good position. One early in the season against Spurs I remember, he's on his left foot maybe 6-8 yards out and instead of shooting he tries to squeeze a pass through players to Mane and the pass is blocked.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Keita has been fine as an overall player, not good but not rubbish. My biggest issue with him is his lack of affect in the final third, last night being one of the few times he got himself into a position to affect it and he should have got a peno. He needs to do more of that. He usually gets to play in the more advanced role of the midfield and is in a team that has most of the possession and creates more chances, he's neither creating chances or scoring them. In the League, we've played 24 and he's been involved in 17, two of the sub appearances where for a minute or two so not much he'd do in those games. But he's clearly not affecting the play near enough when we're attacking.

Games - 10 starts, 7 subs, 874 minutes
    Goals - 0
    Assists - 1
    Big Chances created - 1
    Through Balls - 3
    Shots - 19, 8 on target

His stat's are appalling to be fair,
    Someone said it here best why to descried his time here is Shy .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mane was 24 when we signed him.

Gray still only 22. I think he has huge potential.

Maddison is good but we need another attacker with pace.

I think he needs to take it on his left and go across goal or high to the nearest post. The outside of the right foot just isn't the right option, his left foot may be weaker but he doesn't need to generate a lot of power from that far out. Yes he should have had a peno but he just seemed to making the wrong decision. There's been a couple of times where he's just waited too long or made the wrong decision when in a good position. One early in the season against Spurs I remember, he's on his left foot maybe 6-8 yards out and instead of shooting he tries to squeeze a pass through players to Mane and the pass is blocked.

If he wasn't fouled last night, he may have scored the winner in a big game at the Kop end what a lift it would have given him ,

• Advertisement

If he wasn't fouled last night, he may have scored the winner in a big game at the Kop end what a lift it would have given him ,

Could just as much hit a weak shot wide of the post, we'll never know but he definitely needs something to lift his game. He's shown tiny flashes there's a player who can influence the attack (without getting goals or assists), we just need to see it a lot more.

Could just as much hit a weak shot wide of the post, we'll never know but he definitely needs something to lift his game. He's shown tiny flashes there's a player who can influence the attack (without getting goals or assists), we just need to see it a lot more.

That's why I said he MAY have,
    He's been a let down I don't think anyone can dispute that we all expected more, Hopefully he turns it around ,

The problem with challenging for a title is you can't give players a chance to play there way into form , If there not preforming out of the team they go
    Its a nice problem to have,

The problem with challenging for a title is you can't give players a chance to play there way into form , If there not preforming out of the team they go
    Its a nice problem to have,

I don't think Klopp would have started him last night were it not for Fab's knock, Milner's suspension and Henderson having to fill in at RB.

I'll be shocked if he starts next Monday.

I don't think Klopp would have started him last night were it not for Fab's knock, Milner's suspension and Henderson having to fill in at RB.

I'll be shocked if he starts next Monday.

Have we anyone back on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

7vy9c5h.jpg

That's kinda funny, no? People get outraged about everything these days. Apologies are demanded for everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

mosstin wrote: »
    That's kinda funny, no? People get outraged about everything these days. Apologies are demanded for everything.

Well what's stupid of Kyle Walker is that no, Liverpool didn't assume they'd go 7 points clear but we did go one point clear seeing as HIS team couldn't win the night before.

Pep probably did tell him to take it down because it made him and the club look stupid.

It's the equivalent of a Liverpool player posting sxxt about Man City after the Newcastle game.

Klopp would have killed anyone who posted sxxt like that.

Klopp made a comment about the Dubai trip how it was good in that there was no social media postings from anybody bar 1 video of the Ox in the gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He should have told everyone to **** off and just leave it up. People take too much notice. We live in a mad callout culture.

mosstin wrote: »

Maybe it would be funnier if the caption read, "So basically they thought they were gonna go 7 points ahead but then I obstructed Salah in the box with my elbow, should have been sent off for taken Mane out when he was clear through and then I score the equaliser!"

But yeah it should be left up. Printed out, put in the LFC dressing room and said Man City are taking the piss out of you after that performance!

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Maybe it would be funnier if the caption read, "So basically they thought they were gonna go 7 points ahead but then I obstructed Salah in the box with my elbow, should have been sent off for taken Mane out when he was clear through and then I score the equaliser!"

No way was that peno on Salah ,
    Same as Robbo done to Sterling at City place ,
    Defender does not have to move out of the way

Have we anyone back on Monday

Milner's back from suspension and I'm presuming Fab will be OK to start.

TAA a possibility, which obviously frees up Hendo too

He moved towards Salah with his arm raised and connected with his chin. Salah made a meal of it though.

Robbo got away with that one.

He moved towards Salah with his arm raised and connected with his chin. Salah made a meal of it though.

Robbo got away with that one.

Never peno's you can't expect the defender to disappear or just get out of your way ,

Never peno's you can't expect the defender to disappear or just get out of your way ,

Matip did the exact same thing to Vardy beforehand and got a yellow for it and Leicester a free kick.

Matip did the exact same thing to Vardy beforehand and got a yellow for it and Leicester a free kick.

No he didn't ,
    Matip ran across Vardy's path and made it look like the collided , Salah ran into Maguire there is a difference ,

Infact Maddison was more like Salah's he touched the ball right then ran left into Hendo trying to get a free,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What's the plot, Salah to United, ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Not a Salah pen, and I dont think it was a definite red card for the Mane foul......but the one on Keita was a stone wall pen

What's the plot, Salah to United, ha

Salah and Pogba to Barcelona!! :pac:

Not a Salah pen, and I dont think it was a definite red card for the Mane foul......but the one on Keita was a stone wall pen

I agree , Salah no pen, Mane 50/50 , Naby 100% pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He has to not elbow him in the throat.

Gbear wrote: »
    He has to not elbow him in the throat.

Salah ran into him , no one appealed it
    No mention after the game it wasn't a peno , Sometime there is contact,

Modern footballers, would you have seen Roy Keane and Viera hanging out and sharing an all smiles photo in the middle of a football season.
    Maybe it's a commercial thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Modern footballers, would you have seen Roy Keane and Viera hanging out and sharing an all smiles photo in the middle of a football season.

An Adidas thing

• Advertisement

sportswear shoot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement