Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1091018348207443969

Millar is a good young player. But Probably someone who will be sold in a few years for a decent fee. Should do well in scotland has a lot of pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

No way was that peno on Salah ,
    Same as Robbo done to Sterling at City place ,
    Defender does not have to move out of the way

Cant remember who it was, but in the second half the ref gave a free to Leicester in midfield for the exact same foul .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Never peno's you can't expect the defender to disappear or just get out of your way ,

I expect everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1091018348207443969

Millar is a good young player. But Probably someone who will be sold in a few years for a decent fee. Should do well in scotland has a lot of pace.

The academy could be making space for the increasingly impressive Paul Glatzel at U23 level, I'd not be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I see Virg came out today and tweeted about the crowd from last night. It was discussed here on the thread after the match and, for me, it's a big issue. Klopp has referenced the crowd several times over the last few years. There was the scorn heaped upon him after the WBA match but he's always valued the connection between the fans and the players. I just don't get why Anfield is such an impatient place - "most knowledgeable fans in football" - especially now when we have a massive chance of doing something special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

What's the story with our corners. Shaqiri and Salah should be doing more. VVD and Matip are decent targets but rarely hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

garra wrote: »
    What's the story with our corners. Shaqiri and Salah should be doing more. VVD and Matip are decent targets but rarely hit.

Most team's corners are really poor these days. Really low % of goals come from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Most team's corners are really poor these days. Really low % of goals come from them.

We need to carry more threat from them, we have the players to attack the ball.

Can be doing better than most teams at corners imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mosstin wrote: »
    I see Virg came out today and tweeted about the crowd from last night. It was discussed here on the thread after the match and, for me, it's a big issue. Klopp has referenced the crowd several times over the last few years. There was the scorn heaped upon him after the WBA match but he's always valued the connection between the fans and the players. I just don't get why Anfield is such an impatient place - "most knowledgeable fans in football" - especially now when we have a massive chance of doing something special.

Pretty sure the media asked him a question.

Don't think he tweeted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mosstin wrote:
    I see Virg came out today and tweeted about the crowd from last night.

Fans got nervy when Alisson panicky clearance nearly resulted in an equalizer. While the crowd weren't great they didn't give away that needless free kick, defend like headless chickens & play a midfielder at right back as we loaned out our backup & our first choice one is injured.
    Crowd has been poor but there were more culpable parties last night

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Fans got nervy when Alisson panicky clearance nearly resulted in an equalizer. While the crowd weren't great they didn't give away that needless free kick, defend like headless chickens & play a midfielder at right back as we loaned out our backup & our first choice one is injured.

I only ever raise the crowd issue because it's been an ongoing issue at Anfield for years. I don't blame poor performances on the crowd any more than I'd suggest that we hammered a team because the crowd were up for it. But in recent years, the Anfield crowd sings early and stops. Last night, instead of trusting this team - given how they've delivered so often this season - there were noticeably audible moans and grunts of impatience early into the 2nd half. It adds to the pressure on the players that's already there. I think a supportive crowd can make it feel more like they believe in the players even when things aren't working for them. That wasn't the case last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

garra wrote: »

Really? Because I was ****ting my bags every time Leicester had a corner or set piece. Only for the grace of poor decisions and a great save we got away with it.

It's not normal how unthreatening we seem to be in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Well it didn't so they should get over it.

Fans inside the stadium need to actually get behind the team & stop getting so nervous.
    We are quick to mock City's fans but bar European nights & the crowd is poor.

It is 14 games left do all you can to benefit the team not moan & groan at a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can you blame a quiet crowd on a Wednesday night game at Anfield on tourist fans.

Or was that local real fans being all quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Really? Because I was ****ting my bags every time Leicester had a corner or set piece. Only for the grace of poor decisions and a great save we got away with it.

We have scored 9 goals from corners, joint highest this season. We have conceded 1.

http://www.squawka.com/en/football-team-rankings?c=29&s=100&i=705&st=205,705

Cant verify the accuracy but we seem grand on corners tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

NukaCola wrote: »

We have scored 9 goals from corners, joint highest this season. We have conceded 1.

http://www.squawka.com/en/football-team-rankings?c=29&s=100&i=705&st=205,705

Cant verify the accuracy but we seem grand on corners tbh.
    Jesus trust me to focus on the negative. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don’t think the crowd was much of an issue last night. Singing was almost constant and any of the anxious moments were caused by the actions on the pitch (the Allison moment, Robertson’s Moreno impression, Henderson’s stupid moment where he refused to play in Salah...got fouled but played on by running into a dead end and losing possession...caught out of position so Matip got booked, Sturridge handling the ball and shooting for the corner flag, and other little misplaced simple passes.)

The crowd issue is a generational thing in my opinion where younger people want to record the moment to show to others rather than experience the moment, it’s the same thing if you go to gigs.

One thing I did notice last night was that the clock didn’t show how long was left during the second half. I’ve never noticed it before and did create a bit of confusion as to exactly how long was left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I was watching it and McManaman said at around 60-70 mins that the crowd was doing everything in it's power to help the team but looking at it I couldn't help but do a double take at that as all I heard from the Liverpool fans was groans and moaning.

Then when my stream for some reason switched to NBC you had Beglin going on about 'suck mode' from the Kop. You wonder about these lads sometimes if they all meet up in some ex Liverpool player commentary support group :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

MD1990 wrote: »
    Well it didn't so they should get over it.

Fans inside the stadium need to actually get behind the team & stop getting so nervous.
    We are quick to mock City's fans but bar European nights & the crowd is poor.

It is 14 games left do all you can to benefit the team not moan & groan at a mistake.

Fans hadn't time to moan at a single mistake as it was quickly followed by Vardy nearly catching him out & then Leicester took over for most of the next hour.
    Fans have to have a reason to get excited & there wasn't many last night. Even after we went 1 up after 2 minutes we weren't exactly direct. Just passing around the ball around with the midfield & defence.
    I struggle to think of a Liverpool player who played well last night after around the 20th minute. Even players like Van Dijk, Robertson & Wijnaldum didn't play as well as they have in basically every other other game this season.
    Hoping they will be looking to make up for it next Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

It's hard to tell if you're not in the ground what the fans are like. The producers are the ones deciding how much crowd noise is being put out on the broadcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Is the Anfield crowd really any different than any other crowd in similar situations? Any time I've been there the crowd have been good in different parts of the game, and a few groans and moans also......You'd hope for a huge atmosphere every game, especially now but is it really any different than its always been and in comparison to other crowds? Should it be expected from start to finish when the team are poor for large portions of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

NukaCola wrote: »
    Is the Anfield crowd really any different than any other crowd in similar situations? Any time I've been there the crowd have been good in different parts of the game, and a few groans and moans also......You'd hope for a huge atmosphere every game, especially now but is it really any different than its always been and in comparison to other crowds? Should it be expected from start to finish when the team are poor for large portions of the game?

We're lauded - and it's exaggerated at times - for our famous Anfield atmosphere. Compare the atmosphere for big European nights to your average PL match. They're night and day. Sure, you could argue that a CL match is a one off BUT it's been 29 years, your voice there can genuinely make a difference, you only have, what, maybe 8 more opportunities to roar on a bunch of lads you hope will bring home what's considered the most important trophy of the lot at Anfield. Yet, you go along and grumble and occasionally sing 'The Fields of Anfield Road'. Nah, not good enough.

Fromvert wrote: »
    It's hard to tell if you're not in the ground what the fans are like. The producers are the ones deciding how much crowd noise is being put out on the broadcast.

I've been there and it's often ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I reckon its Milner back in at rb on Monday night with Henderson and Fabinho in the middle with either Shaq, Gini or Keita.

We're lauded - and it's exaggerated at times - for our famous Anfield atmosphere. Compare the atmosphere for big European nights to your average PL match. They're night and day. Sure, you could argue that a CL match is a one off BUT it's been 29 years, your voice there can genuinely make a difference, you only have, what, maybe 8 more opportunities to roar on a bunch of lads you hope will bring home what's considered the most important trophy of the lot at Anfield. Yet, you go along and grumble and occasionally sing 'The Fields of Anfield Road'. Nah, not good enough.

I’ve been there when it’s been flat (early kick offs are notorious for it) and last night was nowhere near that. If anything it was stop start because the play was the same or the ref made some shocking decision which drew the ire of the crowd mid song.

Also don’t know what game people were watching if they thought Leicester controlled it for an hour. It wasn’t a great performance but there’s no need to go overboard.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I’ve been there when it’s been flat (early kick offs are notorious for it) and last night was nowhere near that. If anything it was stop start because the play was the same or the ref made some shocking decision which drew the ire of the crowd mid song.

Also don’t know what game people were watching if they thought Leicester controlled it for an hour. It wasn’t a great performance but there’s no need to go overboard.

The crowd thing's been a bugbear of mine for years - think I'm in the minority but I think it makes a massive difference.
    Anyway, I thought Leicester were very smart last night. Puel's a really good coach. He gets it in the neck because he's not bollocking his players, just not demonstrative enough I guess. We had a lot of the ball but just had one of those performances. Nailed on pen apart, Leicester were decent value for their point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

This disgrace. Fan can do what they like if pay monies. Youu knot in charge of this.

This disgrace. Fan can do what they like if pay monies. Youu knot in charge of this.

Um....................................

.....looking at your username there, you've been on the whiskey and rye, haven't you?

• Advertisement

This is mean that fan go to ground with good or bad intents is still ok. I knot wannt to argue but fan is have rights. Knot to get politic buut I believe have the right to knot be noisey if you understand?

The crowd thing's been a bugbear of mine for years - think I'm in the minority but I think it makes a massive difference.

Like I said earlier it’s a generational thing. All around me last night during You’ll never walk alone it was full of people holding up their phones recording it, likewise at other parts throughout the game. It’s all about capturing it and getting it up on YouTube/Instagram/Snapchat for the online affirmation rather than fully experiencing it firsthand. It annoys me, but then part of me thinks that it could be a once in a lifetime trip for a lot of these people.

I actually find the locals pouring out early to beat the traffic yet complaining about day trippers more annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

You can not judge the crowd by the TV, you hear different on the radio, all about the audio from the TV producer or you are there yourself

I can’t take another poster who posts like that.

Migraines reading the thread theses days.

Have we signed anyone yet?

Sign Reus for right back.

Sign Fekir since he already did the club interview.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Migraines reading the thread theses days.

Theses.

My poor head

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Speaking of which...

Everyone writing them off but Spurs are going to have a massive say in this,
    Next two games at home and very winnable,then will have a few players back, they have to play US and City,
    I think this is a 3 horse race ,

I say that because its us leading, If City where 5 points clear of us and & 7 points clear of Sours id say no chance ,

I love our manger his time here so far has been brilliant but lets not forget we have always fallen at the last hurdle , We MUST change that ,

Normally your er..."typos" drive me nuts but the bolded above is fantastic.

Liverpool under 23's captain Matty Virtue has joined Blackpool on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This is mean that fan go to ground with good or bad intents is still ok. I knot wannt to argue but fan is have rights. Knot to get politic buut I believe have the right to knot be noisey if you understand?

I do knot.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I do knot.

sorrry my grammar. I do think Keitsa need to play better though he muust play better, i know he cann do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Could see Everton dropping a buttload of points of they sell Gueye.

Could be good news for us

Liverpool under 23's captain Matty Virtue has joined Blackpool on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.

also Pedro Chirivella joins Spanish side Extremadura UD on loan. Ben Woodburn who was off to Hull is not and will stay with the side.

At least it’s the end of usual bad January we’ve had over the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I can’t take another poster who posts like that.

o really ?

well

what about

yet ano

ther?

Has it SLAMMED SHUT yet?

I see that Sky Sports earlier asked their Twitter followers (I'm not one) if they were wearing yellow to celebrate deadline day and to send in photos which they'd then share. Football's gone, isn't it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I only ever raise the crowd issue because it's been an ongoing issue at Anfield for years. I don't blame poor performances on the crowd any more than I'd suggest that we hammered a team because the crowd were up for it. But in recent years, the Anfield crowd sings early and stops. Last night, instead of trusting this team - given how they've delivered so often this season - there were noticeably audible moans and grunts of impatience early into the 2nd half. It adds to the pressure on the players that's already there. I think a supportive crowd can make it feel more like they believe in the players even when things aren't working for them. That wasn't the case last night.

Dont forget it was baltic for all the fans there adds to a subdued crowd

o really ?

well

what about

yet ano

ther?

10-S3E9-Nightman.nocrop.w670.h450.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Tilemans and Batshuayi are great signings for Leicester and Palace.

Definitely doesn't look like we'll make any additions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lucas Leiva just knocked Inter out of the Coppa Italia, scored the winning penalty in a shootout. Don’t have anything against Inter or any love for Lazio, but I enjoyed that a lot. :D

Lucas rleally is Lazio legend.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement