Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I hate that Lucas makes me hate Lazio slightly less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Glad to see him doing well in the retirement home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

See Leroy Fer being linked with Aston Villa, that’s quite the fall from when one or two posters on here thought we should sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Vicxas wrote: »
    Could see Everton dropping a buttload of points of they sell Gueye.

Could be good news for us

Considering Liverpool are close to guaranteed 6 points against Everton every year. I don't think Gueye will be that big a game changer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Markovic signs for Fulham on a permanent transfer.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1091130820050468864?s=19

Was never gonna work for him at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

GBX wrote: »

1e291461-3a21-4dda-a96e-3d3411038c21_screenshot.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Interesting... himself and Babel either side of Mitrovic.

Lot of pace there to get in behind and pull back.

If he could sort his head and his fitness out, he has it in him to be a good solid player, like he was for Hull on loan a few years back. Hope he does, seems a waste of a career otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'm sure there was sweet F-all negotiations.

Fulham: "We're interested in Markovic but we're only gonna pay no more than-"

Liverpool: "Sold"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

The crowd issue I wouldn't even put down to a generational thing. Unfortunately it's just a symptom of what happens when tickets are being touted for a couple of thousand pound and you have, to borrow a phrase from Keano, the prawn sandwich brigade going to games.

They demand instant gratification and will get on the player's backs if they don't get it. More worried about having to face rival fans in work the next day than about supporting the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

GBX wrote: »

I hope there is a buy back clause!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Interesting... himself and Babel either side of Mitrovic.

Lot of pace there to get in behind and pull back.

If he could sort his head and his fitness out, he has it in him to be a good solid player, like he was for Hull on loan a few years back. Hope he does, seems a waste of a career otherwise.

Schurrle and Vietto there too.

It's like their transfer strategy is to sign a load of players that were hyped in their youth and never panned out.

Next up, Bojan and Pato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Right I'm back to positivity mode now.
    Lets hope we can go on a nice little run again, with TAA back on Monday and Gomez and Ox in a few weeks things are looking up again.

If January ends up being our blip then we would have came through it as well as any blip. We are now 5 points clear in February. Lets hope we win the next 2 (WestHame and Bournmouth) by which time we should have our real back 4 again for the Utd. game.

Getting exited now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fulham's transfer strategy is just mad but I like it with Marko off the books - they could ended up going down with some strange attacking/defending stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

sideswipe wrote: »
    I hope there is a buy back clause!
    Did we get anything for him?

Sofa Spud wrote: »

Yeah - piece of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

he Club is delighted to confirm the free transfer signing of 24-year-old winger Lazar Markovic from Liverpool on a deal until the end of the season.

Fulham received very good recommendations from Aleksandar Mitrović regarding the player.

Markovic made his breakthrough at Partizan Belgrade where he was a teammate of Mitrović and named in the SuperLiga team of the season in each of his two full – and title-winning – campaigns in the first team.

His form attracted the attentions of Benfica in the summer of 2013 but he was only with the Portuguese giants for one season, as his extraordinary success in their treble-winning campaign prompted Liverpool to part with a reported £20m for his services.

Markovic made 34 appearances for the Reds in his maiden campaign with the club, before taking in four loan spells across four different countries at Fenerbahce, Sporting Lisbon, Hull City and Anderlecht.

Since making his Serbia debut in February 2012 Markovic has scored three goals in 22 outings for his country.

Tony Khan said: “Lazar Markovic is a gifted young player; we’re pleased to welcome him from Liverpool for the remainder of the season. Lazar is known as a great teammate, he has the support of our Manager, and he has the talent to strengthen our attack. Come on Fulham!”

lol Mitrovic basically signed him.

He was decent at Hull 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

As long as it does not bite us on Paddy's day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

As long as it does not bite us on Paddy's day

Guaranteed to. No amount of jinxing and reverse jinxing can stop him.

Fulham are a bit like when a project is going to **** so you just throw more developers at it and hope for the best.

Never works.

Fulham are the National Children's Hospital of football clubs?

More on Marko Grujic

https://www.berliner-kurier.de/sport/hertha-bsc/marko-grujic-bei-jedem-tor-ruft-kloppo-an-31968032?
    Will Grujic stay?

As a real axis grows together with Grujic and Duda. But the problem remains: Grujic is only on loan from Liverpool until the summer. Grujic deals with the situation as elegantly as with the ball when he strokes it with his feet.

Will he stay in the next season? "Liverpool just has enough games and other things to think about. I'm waiting for Liverpool's decision in the summer. I can only say that I am very happy here. That suits everything, "says Grujic.
    He still has regular contact with Liverpool coach Jürgen Klopp. Grujic laughs: "He congratulates me every time I met." Will there be the next Kloppo congratulation tomorrow?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Knex. wrote: »
    Fulham are a bit like when a project is going to **** so you just throw more developers at it and hope for the best.

Never works.

But...we already told the client that's what we were going to do!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Schurrle and Vietto there too.

It's like their transfer strategy is to sign a load of players that were hyped in their youth and never panned out.

Next up, Bojan and Pato.
    Bojan was doing well for stokelona a few years ago. Mark hughes really changed that club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Sofa Spud wrote: »

I'd imagine freeing up some space on the pay roll for new recruits in the summer will be the main benefit of his sale.

Bojan was doing well for stokelona a few years ago. Mark hughes really changed that club

Depends on what you mean by 'well'. Was still not playing well enough to get a move to a bigger team and is still at Stoke!

Dickerty wrote: »
    But...we already told the client that's what we were going to do!?

No Dickerty! (I got to bag it up)

Ah, it's been a while. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Ah, it's been a while. :D

Never gets old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Depends on what you mean by 'well'. Was still not playing well enough to get a move to a bigger team and is still at Stoke!

45 apperances 15 goals isnt that bad 1/3 is good for a team like taht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Trent won't be ready for West Ham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Guaranteed to. No amount of jinxing and reverse jinxing can stop him.

As long as they show up after the international break

Noticed Gomez still has no return date in the latest injury update. It's gone from mid January when he first got injured to hopefully end of January and now there is no firm return date. Bit of a worry. I'd say by the time the first Bayern game comes around it looks like it'll be Lovren/Matip at the back.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Noticed Gomez still has no return date in the latest injury update. It's gone from mid January when he first got injured to hopefully end of January and now there is no firm return date. Bit of a worry. I'd say by the time the first Bayern game comes around it looks like it'll be Lovren/Matip at the back.

Klopp said in the presser just now that there is still no return date.

****s sake. Sometimes Klopp is too soft and lets players go when they should be told they are staying.

Milner expected to play RB at West Ham. Not an easy one for him again as he'll be facing Felipe Anderson.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Never gets old!

Wish I could say the same for me!

Milner expected to play RB at West Ham. Not an easy one for him again as he'll be facing Felipe Anderson.

I'd stick with Hendo, thought he did the job better. Fab definitely in with Gini and James...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

****s sake. Sometimes Klopp is too soft and lets players go when they should be told they are staying.

Yet keeps Sturridge and Lallana who if anyone say boo to they get injured.

This literally only applies to Clyne, and we don't know the reasons for him being allowed to go, other than him wanting games.

Sturridge was loaned out last year, so he's willing to let him go if he sees fit. We had Ings last year in reserve, occasionally. No point in loaning him for his last 6 months at the club really.

Our first choice RB will be back within 2 weeks. We have 3 emergency options in Milner, Hendo and Fab. I think it's ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Dickerty wrote:
    I'd stick with Hendo, thought he did the job better. Fab definitely in with Gini and James...

I'd play Fabinho at right back, centre back and centre mid if it was physically possible.
    Alexander Arnold's backups is essentially 3 potential first choice midfielders or one half of our first choice centre halfs.

TAA might not be the best defender however since his injury it becomes very noticeable how much or attack misses him.

TAA is missed more than Gomez I think myself.

TAA & Robertson are basically our wide players and outlets on the wings and with TAA missing that is one side of our attack greatly weakened.

TAA might not be the best defender however since his injury it becomes very noticeable how much or attack misses him.

TAA & Robertson are basically our wide players and outlets on the wings and with TAA missing that is one side of our attack greatly weakened.

It makes us much harder to predict. Trent crosses from anywhere inside their opposition half, cuts inside more, while Robbo looks for overlaps and gets to the byline more. Makes it very hard on the defence to keep their shape, offside line, watching the 3 attackers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

SO Gomez no chance of being back for Bayern that's Feb 19th and no sing of Trent being back yet either

No good at all,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

SO Gomez no chance of being back for Bayern that's Feb 19th and no sing of Trent being back yet either

No good at all,

Klopp literally said an hour or so ago that he expects him back in full training next week so not sure where this statement is coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I think Milner has a better delivery then Henderson out wide

• Advertisement

As crap as Milner has been when playing right back for us I'd have him there over Henderson any day of the week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was at the game Wednesday and this was very evident, Matip looked very comfortable and when called upon has played well.
    TAA is missed bigtime in attack.

I we get that back 5 and keep them for the rest of the season fit we will win the league.

Allisson,Robbo,VVD,Gomez,TAA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Spurs away form is as good as City's home form with is remarkable. West Ham are equally as average at home as they are away, pretty much exact form, mid table form.
    Man City have only won 7 away games all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

As crap as Milner has been when playing right back for us I'd have him there over Henderson any day of the week.

Me too - Henderson is needed in midfield.

I don't understand that. Milner got murdered for the first Palace goal, he doesn't have the pace to deal with a good winger. And then he gets frustrated and takes yellows. Anderson will go after him. I trust Hendo to control that better.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement