Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Why not just play Matip at RB with Lovern and Virgil in middle. Matip loves to travel forward with ball, and has a defenders instinct to defend when needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Back 3 with Robbo and Camacho at wing back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Milner will be grand at right back. Anderson is a different type of player to Zaha. I expect jimmy to deal with him no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

We should be keeping an eye on Youri Tielemans while on loan at Leicester, if he can settle into the Premier League he'd be worth buying from Monaco in the summer. He's another versatile midfield player that could be moulded perfectly by Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Spurs away form is as good as City's home form with is remarkable. West Ham are equally as average at home as they are away, pretty much exact form, mid table form.
    Man City have only won 7 away games all season.
    I have no doubt that if Tottenham were in their own stadium, they'd be challenging us at the top of the table. Their away form is better than ours and the 'home' results against Wolves and Man Utd are the reason that they are not second in the table.

Spurs win their early game tomorrow and they're 4 points behind us and one ahead of city. They're having an amazing season...and once again sneaking up on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Do you guys think Klopp will go with Dejan since he’s back or stick with Matip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Spurs win their early game tomorrow and they're 4 points behind us and one ahead of city. They're having an amazing season...and once again sneaking up on the inside.

I keep seeing it they are 100% in the title race, next two games easy home ones, Still have to play City and Liverpool with there big players back,

Also the have yet to draw a single game which is mental

I keep seeing it they are 100% in the title race, next two games easy home ones, Still have to play City and Liverpool with there big players back,

Also the have yet to draw a single game which is mental

Yeah the not drawn a game thing is crazy alright!
    They still have to play us and city, both away from home, but if they can stay in there and get Kane and Alli back...who knows. Everyone saying its between city and Liverpool, but its a three horse race for me. Still a hell of a lot of games to be played yet. I just dont like the way every time you think they're gone, they start coming sniffing round again...not a good sign !!! :p

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Yeah the not drawn a game thing is crazy alright!
    They still have to play us and city, both away from home, but if they can stay in there and get Kane and Alli back...who knows. Everyone saying its between city and Liverpool, but its a three horse race for me. Still a hell of a lot of games to be played yet. I just dont like the way every time you think they're gone, they start coming sniffing round again...not a good sign !!! :p

IF we had of won the other night id say they where out of it , but we let them back in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I hope Edwards slipped in a first refusal on Sessegnon clause in the sale of Markovic to Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

I hope Edwards slipped in a first refusal on Sessegnon clause in the sale of Markovic to Fulham.

I'd say Edwards gave them first refusal on his own wife to take Markovic off our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'd prefer Dejan if I'm honest...

What's going on with Gomez? Should he not be back at this stage, must have had a setback... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If it’s a 3 horse race Spurs will probably finish 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Them 2 will likely be reunited in the first leg vs Bayern.....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Dickerty wrote: »
    I don't understand that. Milner got murdered for the first Palace goal, he doesn't have the pace to deal with a good winger. And then he gets frustrated and takes yellows. Anderson will go after him. I trust Hendo to control that better.

I don't think Hendo would have done any better in that situation though... Zaha just knocked it down to the byline, sprinted after, and pulled it back - if you can't match him for pace at least to some extent, you're ****ed.

Hendo is grand there, but i'd still favour Milner, does about as well back there defensively, but adds more going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If it’s a 3 horse race Spurs will probably finish 4th.

Hopefully they’ll fall at the last hurdle and get sent to the glue factory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Dammit! Sorry about that post

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No sign of lovren or wijnaldum in tonights training photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

According to the Guardian tonight, Gomez may require another operation.

Also Lovren has had a recurrence of his hamstring injury and is almost certain to miss the West Ham game.

Klopp admits Gomez could need surgery as #LFC boss insists he has no regrets over Clyne loan deal.

https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/1091466202092851202

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Also Lovren has had a recurrence of his hamstring injury and is almost certain to miss the West Ham game.
    If true about gomez then thats his season over with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Bad news all around there.

Van Dijk is suspended for the Bayern first leg, right? So, if Alexander-Arnold, Gomez and Lovren are all injured, does that mean we're looking at a back 4 of Milner, Fabinho, Matip and Robertson?

Oof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I despair, meanwhile Klavan and Clyne are allowed to leave with no fuss because they're not needed for the first team this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

8-10 wrote: »
    I despair, meanwhile Klavan and Clyne are allowed to leave with no fuss because they're not needed for the first team this season
    Hope we arrnt talking about klavan and clyne at the end of the season. Shouldnt be what decides or season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reckon we will see a bit more of Fabinho at centre half this season.

ricero wrote: »
    Reckon we will see a bit more of Fabinho at centre half this season.

Yeah looks like there will be no choice but he will be an awful loss in midfield,hope our season doesn't derail because of all these injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Emergency loans are no longer a thing but technically we could still sign a free agent.

However just looking at the players available it's not great, Younes Kaboul or Jonathan Djourou are probably the pick of the lot when it comes to PL-experienced CB's....yeesh

Also freely available to sign: Yaya Toure, Ibrahim Afellay or Alberto Aquilani!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Seriously this is why you keep a squad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Also says that TAA expected back for the Bournmouth game and that Lovren will not be risked for Monday.

Poor Gomez he has had rotten luck with Injuries for such a young and talented player.

ricero wrote: »
    Also says that TAA expected back for the Bournmouth game and that Lovren will not be risked for Monday.

Poor Gomez he has had rotten luck with Injuries for such a young and talented player.

Yeah you would have to feel for gomez,he was having a great season

Milner Matip VVD Robertson.

I'd really prefer to keep Fab in midfield at all costs.

Spend the 100m on Koulibaly in the summer/ Gomez for all his talent is just too fragile and maybe best as 3rd choice squad player.

ricero wrote:

Honestly do Liverpool expect Alexander Arnold to be fit for every game going forward & he won't suffer another reocurrance ever again.
    That Gomez situation looks like someone f**ked up the prognosis. As he was meant to be back by now & looks as far away as ever.
    Klopp saying he doesn't regret Clyne leaving makes him sound like he's blind as our right side has clearly been targeted in the last 2 games for a reason; we're playing players out of position there to cover a clear fumble in our transfer market. Sure Gomez can play there too when he gets fit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

That milner tweet is gas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

The decision to loan Clyne is ****ing outrageous tbh. FFS this should be the easiest reaction to an injury. England FB is injured, let's slot in another England FB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I also worry about Gomez as long term prospect now tbh.

Really thought that ten day break would have fixed alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'm for Fab in midfield too but would prefer him to Hendo or Milner at RB.
    It seems playing 3CBs is off the table, a system where I'd be OK with Fabinho playing as one of the CBs.

Gutted for Gomez. I'd take a chance on Comacho especially if Gomez is likely to miss most of the remaining season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

dmigsy wrote: »
    The decision to loan Clyne is ****ing outrageous tbh. FFS this should be the easiest reaction to an injury. England FB is injured, let's slot in another England FB.

Said at the time that there was no real benefit to letting him go. Should have been told he'd be allowed leave in the Summer.

noodler wrote:
    Really thought that ten day break would have fixed alot.

It was a leg fractured. Not exactly a short term injury or something you can recover quickly from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Seriously this is why you keep a squad.

Along with adding to it when you see the positioning in the table. We're top of the league and the club should've invested during the window to give squad all the help possible to remain top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ERG89 wrote: »
    It was a leg fractured. Not exactly a short term injury or something you can recover quickly from.

Sorry that was a general point. Lovren, TAA, generally players being fresher.

As pretty much everyone predicted lettimg Clyne go will cost us points, Gomes wont be back till April if he geta an op , Lovren hamstring gone again , Bar bones at the back now
    Why oh why did Klopp not wait till deadline day before deciding to let Clyne go , very careless managment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Handsight is a wonderful thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It wasn't hindsight though. If there is one thing you can predict in a team sport it's injuries esp in winter and that they never come in ones. The right back/side centre back position was already known to be a critical one so no one here needed to be Nostradamus to see the risk being taken.

noodler wrote:
    Sorry that was a general point. Lovren, TAA, generally players being fresher.

Lovren I think has only been fit for more than 6 games consecutive twice during his time at Liverpool. Not exactly reliable if he gets injured that often.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Most said at the time why is he being loaned when Trent missed a few games through injury in December.
    Then again he was picking a complete joke of a player in Moreno ahead of him on the bench so there obviously is a pre-existing issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The real problem is at CB. Not replacing Klavan when Matip/Lovren always miss games and Gomez fitness also a question is a bigger error IMO.

Loaning Clyne out has no real benefit to us but I think we can cope without him. Not an ideal position to get ourselves in. I know Clyne wanted to leave for games but he'd probably have played every game in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shirley we must have someone coming through that can step in to bolster squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

As pretty much everyone predicted lettimg Clyne go will cost us points, Gomes wont be back till April if he geta an op , Lovren hamstring gone again , Bar bones at the back now
    Why oh why did Klopp not wait till deadline day before deciding to let Clyne go , very careless managment

Especially mad when you consider Clyne was thrown in the deep-end against Utd and Arsenal right before he left.

Mad from the the club's/Klopp's point of view because obviously Clyne was very close to the starting XI, and mad from Clyne's point of view because he'd just played two league games for the club leading the league, and he knew that his competition is injury-prone. Why would Clyne give up the opportunity of a *POSSIBLE* league winner's medal when surely he knew there was a possibility of playing quite a few games? There must be more to it beyond the platitude of "wanting to play more games".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Have to assume there's something more to the Clyne thing than we're aware of. Whether it's some falling out or whatever, it seems to make sense it wasn't just a nice cosy chat of "Boss, i'd love to nip off and play a bit more football", "No bother kid, off ya go, best of luck!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement