Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

not yet wrote: »
    Thoughts on Back 4 for the Bayern game ?

Its nearly a case of who will be fit at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Its nearly a case of who will be fit at this stage

Can see the back 4 being a shambles for home leg..

not yet wrote: »
    Can see the back 4 being a shambles for home leg..

I would be more worried about the west ham and Bournemouth games for the time been

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

TAA Matip Lovren and Robertson to be the back 4 for Bayern Munich. If Trent is not fit then Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I would be more worried about the west ham and Bournemouth games for the time been

At least VVD is available for those games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Clyne didn't have a great day today.

Maybe he's not actually the Messiah.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Maybe he's not actually the Messiah.

He's a very naughty boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Bayern lost 3-1 in the Bundesliga yesterday. This is not the Bayern of recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

ERG89 wrote: »
    Which post is more optimistic???

Randall is 23, he's older than TAA or Gomez :eek:
    I'm surprised he's still at the club right now.

Any port in a storm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I can't wait for the Bayern game. Mainly because you can't beat those sort of nights for atmosphere.

But it the same time it's weird that at this stage of the season it's a bit of a distraction from the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

mosstin wrote: »
    Bayern lost 3-1 in the Bundesliga yesterday. This is not the Bayern of recent years.

They look a very old team lacking the legs. Mueller also suspended for both games and ribery and robben both seem to be out injured.

Keep lewandowski quiet and I think we will progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

ricero wrote: »
    They look a very old team lacking the legs. Mueller also suspended for both games and ribery and robben both seem to be out injured.

They will be up for the CL. Klopp is target number 1 for most of them, they still hate the fact that he took BVB so far and never accepted their offer of a job.

Our front 3 will have to be on fire and our defence will have to be solid as a rock. Bayern are very much a team finding their feet, new trainer, new system and generation change is underway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ricero wrote: »

The strange thing about Munich is that, yesterday excepted, their away form has been better than their home form.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

They will be up for the CL. Klopp is target number 1 for most of them, they still hate the fact that he took BVB so far and never accepted their offer of a job.

Our front 3 will have to be on fire and our defence will have to be solid as a rock. Bayern are very much a team finding their feet, new trainer, new system and generation change is underway.

But this is exactly why this is a good draw for us.

mosstin wrote: »
    But this is exactly why this is a good draw for us.

The problem is they seem to show up for their big games. Its the ones you expect them to win that they dont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I wanted Real in the draw but this was my second preference. Aging team and it shows even in their league. If we are on it they shouldn't be able to live with our pace and movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I'm not a superfan, if I see problems I will say so. All managers have massive ego's and this is expressed in various ways - with Klopp it's his belief he can coach he way out of a personnel crisis -that no matter how thin the squad becomes he can raise it to beat the circumstances. Which would be grand if this side was mid table and didn't actually have anything vital to play for rather than being in the best position to win the league since before mobile phones were common. Sometimes managers needlessly invite potential catastrophe.
    Bayern Munich sold two left backs last summer without signing a replacement. As a result this season they have one left back in their squad, David Alaba. When he's unavailable they have a midfielder, Leon Goretzka or a right back fill in. Maybe it's a crazy German thing!

Klopp has said several times that he doesn't want to sign players just for the sake of signing somebody. In January 2016, he brought in Steven Caulker on a loan to deal with an injury crisis - Lovren, Sakho, Skrtel and Toure were injured. He also recalled Tiago Ilori from loan. That should dispel your notion that the manager believes he can "coach his way out of a personnel crisis". Players are human too and Klopp acknowledges that - he advised Caulker to seek help regarding his mental health which is why the loan agreement was terminated abruptly. The truth about Caulker didn't surface until 18 months later.

Klopp values the versatility of outfield players - if they have the attributes and the intelligence to adapt their game to play another position, he will make use of them before looking for a new player.
    Wijnaldum and Fabinho have shown that they can fill in as central defenders.
    Henderson, Milner and Fabinho can fill in at right back.
    Milner or Moreno can fill in at left back.
    There is also the possibility of using the youth/reserve players, so we have bodies that can fill in defensive roles if needed.

Strengthening the squad is something that Klopp has traditionally done in the summer transfer window while at Liverpool, there's no reason to expect it to be any different because the team were top of the league table in January. Van Dijk is the exception and he is a player that Klopp wanted the previous summer and was also prepared to wait for instead of signing just another defender.

Th managr seems to know what he's doing - having seen the progress that has been made with this group of players people should have a bit of faith in the man. Instead it's lemmings charging towards the sea of despair and Klopp hasn't a clue because of some psychological phenomenon preventing a large group of people from thinking rationally.

"I knew we shouldn't have let Clyne go."
    "I knew we shouldn't have let Klavan go."
    "I knew we shouldn't have let Sakho go - always thought he was a quality player."
    etc.

Anybody that espouses the likes of that needs to come up with a rational answer as to why would the manager would let the players leave and not some slippy tit solution like "To cut the wag bill - FSG out!".

I'm not looking to single you out Harry, I'm just getting tired of the groupthink mentality that seems to be prevailing amongst the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

No point debating about the defensive situation until the result of the decision becomes clearer towards the end of the season.
    Since we're in the title race which ain't exactly an annual thing it could prove to be a big decision if the injury situation gets any worse or hopefully if it clears up v.soon

Talisman wrote: »
    Bayern Munich sold two left backs last summer without signing a replacement. As a result this season they have one left back in their squad, David Alaba. When he's unavailable they have a midfielder, Leon Goretzka or a right back fill in. Maybe it's a crazy German thing!

Klopp has said several times that he doesn't want to sign players just for the sake of signing somebody. In January 2016, he brought in Steven Caulker on a loan to deal with an injury crisis - Lovren, Sakho, Skrtel and Toure were injured. He also recalled Tiago Ilori from loan. That should dispel your notion that the manager believes he can "coach his way out of a personnel crisis". Players are human too and Klopp acknowledges that - he advised Caulker to seek help regarding his mental health which is why the loan agreement was terminated abruptly. The truth about Caulker didn't surface until 18 months later.

Klopp values the versatility of outfield players - if they have the attributes and the intelligence to adapt their game to play another position, he will make use of them before looking for a new player.
    Wijnaldum and Fabinho have shown that they can fill in as central defenders.
    Henderson, Milner and Fabinho can fill in at right back.
    Milner or Moreno can fill in at left back.
    There is also the possibility of using the youth/reserve players, so we have bodies that can fill in defensive roles if needed.

Strengthening the squad is something that Klopp has traditionally done in the summer transfer window while at Liverpool, there's no reason to expect it to be any different because the team were top of the league table in January. Van Dijk is the exception and he is a player that Klopp wanted the previous summer and was also prepared to wait for instead of signing just another defender.

Th managr seems to know what he's doing - having seen the progress that has been made with this group of players people should have a bit of faith in the man. Instead it's lemmings charging towards the sea of despair and Klopp hasn't a clue because of some psychological phenomenon preventing a large group of people from thinking rationally.

"I knew we shouldn't have let Clyne go."
    "I knew we shouldn't have let Klavan go."
    "I knew we shouldn't have let Sakho go - always thought he was a quality player."
    etc.

Anybody that espouses the likes of that needs to come up with a rational answer as to why would the manager would let the players leave and not some slippy tit solution like "To cut the wag bill - FSG out!".

I'm not looking to single you out Harry, I'm just getting tired of the groupthink mentality that seems to be prevailing amongst the fans.

Harsh really. There are probably an equal number of posters on here who realise that there's clearly much more to the Clyne story than meets the eye. That, equally, could be labelled groupthink, but I actually think neither is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Time for Turty to be cheering for Arsenal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I’d be very conflicted at the thought of cheering that lot on to do us a favour here...thankfully they’re so bad it won’t be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can’t rely on them for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Ffs you wouldn't see that on a Sunday morning in the lower dregs of the AUL.
    Arseholes

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I’d be very conflicted at the thought of cheering that lot on to do us a favour here...thankfully they’re so bad it won’t be an issue.

Only took 1 minute.

Imagine having to support them every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Imagine having to support them every week.

Imagine having to tell people you support them every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ha! Sterling doesn't defend - not that he should really in that situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

We have to do our business tomorrow. No excuses.

ebbsy wrote: »
    We have to do our business tomorrow. No excuses.

Doesnt matter what other teams do or dont do.....LFC can only keep topping up points. 1 game at a time, its in our hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Arsenal doing their usual getting pumped by City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

We will see what this Liverpool team is made of tomorrow if they don’t win they will be of top spot come the weekend it’s a must win match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Arsenal gave it a better go than they did against us so you can't be too disparaging I don't think.

Just need to get to winning again and wipe away this ****-stain of a sporting weekend.

The only games that aren't must win are league cup and FA cup games these days.

All league games and Champions League games are must win if you want to be a top team which Liverpool are these days.

I'd rather say must not lose games every point counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Have a bad feeling about tomorrow night, and not as confident about winning the title as before. City look ominous and Spurs are not going away. Any slip ups and we are goosed.

I know people are complaining about our patchwork defence but it’s better than what Arsenal can put out.

We have lost 12 games in the last two and half league seasons and only 1 of them this season.

This Liverpool team under Klopp are hard to beat.

City have lost 12 in the same period 4 of them this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Tomorrow night feels pivotal, hopefully we didn't peek too early. Going to be a nervous one but I think we'll get the win somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ardent wrote: »
    Have a bad feeling about tomorrow night, and not as confident about winning the title as before. City look ominous and Spurs are not going away. Any slip ups and we are goosed.

Got that feeling too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Didn’t expect it but we’re not getting any favours today. Dont think City will drop many if any points at home for the rest of the season. Think they’ll drop some on the road though.

• Advertisement

Negativity brigade gathering a bit of steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Didn’t expect it but we’re not getting any favours today. Dont think City will drop many if any points at home for the rest of the season. Think they’ll drop some on the road though.

I think their next two games are key for them. Everton are ****e currently but it's only 3 days until that game and another 3 to the Chelsea game. Hoping they drop points somewhere there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ardent wrote: »
    I think their next two games are key for them. Everton are ****e currently but it's only 3 days until that game and another 3 to the Chelsea game. Hoping they drop points somewhere there.

Chelsea maybe if they turn up and fancy it. Everton no chance I reckon. Even at Goodison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Need to make a statement after Leicester.

I think we will. West Ham are in poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

It's unreal the last few days everywhere you turn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Over to Everton hopefully they can pull out a Newcastle

MD1990 wrote: »
    Need to make a statement after Leicester.

I think we will. West Ham are in poor form.

Leicester had lost something like 4 out of 5 before we met them but I agree with you we need to make a statement,we fumbled through January,think the next two games will tell a lot mentally where we are facing the last 3rd of the season

Over to Everton hopefully they can pull out a Newcastle

Over to us first,we need to keep winning and then worry about other results

Listening to the match there and pundits saying that if City got 5 or 6 it'd "send a message out to Liverpool." The only message I got from City this week is that they lost to a poor Newcastle side and therefore they're flaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Leicester had lost something like 4 out of 5 before we met them but I agree with you we need to make a statement,we fumbled through January,think the next two games will tell a lot mentally where we are facing the last 3rd of the season

Leicester also were able to put on a good show V another team at the top of the table and beating them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement