Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ardent wrote: »
    Nice piece on Gini today and how he has become the linchpin of this team. It's amazing how much he has developed as a player since joining us.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11627604/georginio-wijnaldums-importance-to-liverpool-is-underrated

I think other than Virgil he's been our most consistent player for sure, doesn't seem to have bad games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Flyer29 wrote: »
    Gomez out for the foreseeable :(

Quoted from the club website

The defender has been undergoing a rehabilitation programme since suffering the initial break at Turf Moor; however, after further diagnosis, the club’s medical staff believe he will benefit from a further procedure to enable a more complete recovery.

No timescale will be placed on an expected return date for Gomez, though it’s likely he will feature again this season.

Reflecting on the news, Jürgen Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “It’s a blow for the boy and for us - because prior to the injury he was in such fantastic shape.

“But he is too valuable to take any risk with, both for our present and future, so we get this procedure done and he comes back when he’s ready.

Sounds like the original opperation didn't work out and the bone isn't healing correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lord, stuck with Lovren and Matip until the end of the season it looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just hope Fabinho starts in midfield tonight, look far better with him in there. Don't want to see Shaqiri or Keita starting either.

Once Virgil stays fit we should be ok all going well. One of Lovren or Matip can do a 80/90% job 90/90% of the time.

Matip overall probably isn't as good but he's less inclined to mahoosive brain farts although he's not as good as he once was. Lovren can be very good on his day. It is what it is, fingers crossed.

If Trent is back at RB we'll be able to manage with Lovren or Matip I reckon.
    The CL game without Virgil might be interesting though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I just want 4-3-3 - I really dislike 4-2-3-1/4-2-4 as things stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I just want 4-3-3 - I really dislike 4-2-3-1/4-2-4 as things stand.

Will not go back to 4-3-3 until Trent is back, he wants to try and protect that position, and hopefully the bug that was around the team midweek is gone

As good as Gomez is he has rotten luck with injuries, we will need another CB in the summer to partner Virgil. Lovren and Matip are fine, not much between them but I wouldn't like to be depending on them every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd be happy with this team starting.

Alisson

Milner
    Matip
    VVD
    Robertson

Gini
    Fab

Keita

Salah
    Fun Bobby
    Mane

Get a lead and bring on Henderson and Shaqiri with 20 minutes to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'd be happy with this team starting.

Alisson

Milner
    Matip
    VVD
    Robertson

Gini
    Fab

Keita

Salah
    Fun Bobby
    Mane

Get a lead and bring on Henderson and Shaqiri with 20 minutes to go.

Definitely need to get back to a 433 as soon as possible. Although realistically it will be Henderson starting ahead of Keita.

• Advertisement

dogbert27 wrote: »
    ............realistically it will be Henderson starting ahead of Keita.

Yeah, Keita wouldn't start a lawnmower these days.

Definitely need to get back to a 433 as soon as possible. Although realistically it will be Henderson starting ahead of Keita.

I'b be OK with Henderson playing in that Keita role however if he starts he will start in the DM role which means sideways passing and not direct running at defences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Matip I thought was playing excellent before his shoulder injury in December. Thought he was very good against Bournemouth and Napoli. If he can regain that form I think we can manage as long as he and Lovren stay fit beside VVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Hopefully Henderson starts over Keita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Augeo wrote: »
    Yeah, Keita wouldn't start a lawnmower these days.

I dunno, I think kieta is getting a raw deal in here at times. He was doing well v Leicester I thought, started slowly but grew into the game, and was the only one of the midfield that offered anything other than a sideways pass. He was willing and increasingly able to drive at Leicester, and should have been rewarded with a penalty. Was unlucky to be hooked on the night IMHO.
    Overall he's been a disappointment, but he needs to be assessed fairly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Allisson

Milner
    Matip
    VVD
    Robertson

Henderson
    Fabinho
    Wijnaldum

Salah
    Firmino
    Mane

Has to be the side tonite

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Fab, Gini, Naby would be my middle 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Bayern Munich star Manuel Neuer injured ahead of Champions League showdown with Liverpool

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bayern-munich-star-injured-ahead-15775823

Not clear how long he is out for but could be a doubt. Who is the backup - any good?

I dunno, I think kieta is getting a raw deal in here at times. .........................
    Overall he's been a disappointment, but he needs to be assessed fairly too.

I don't think he's getting a raw deal, overall he's been a disappointment as you say and I'd be very surprised to see him start the game tonight.

Neuer isn't really a major lose to them these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

We need to go out and give these guys a good roasting tonight.

Make a statement.

My prediction is 0 - 4 .

Augeo wrote: »
    I don't think he's getting a raw deal, overall he's been a disappointment as you say and I'd be very surprised to see him start the game tonight.

He hasn't done anything terrible. He hasn't lived up to the hype that was generated about him.

The potential is there and it's up to Klopp to get it out of him but he has shown here and there the player he can become.

He needs to be more consistent in his performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Neuer isn't really a major lose to them these days.

Whys that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

On the defender issue. Any decent free agents we could take a punt on?

Whys that?

He missed all of last season and they won the title without him he now back as number 1 this season and is now conceding nearly a goal a game.

Injuries have caught up on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Arnoutavic and Nasri are both out for tonight, thats a lot of their firepower gone

GBX wrote: »
    On the defender issue. Any decent free agents we could take a punt on?

Chris Samba and Efe Ambrose :pac:

The Gomez operation is now being reported to help speed up his recovery and his original return date won't be affected.

He still should be back in early March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Vicxas wrote: »
    Arnoutavic and Nasri are both out for tonight, thats a lot of their firepower gone

Andy Carroll says hello :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Has any one injury created more conflicting reports regarding the return date?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Andy Carroll says hello why I:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

FYP:)

Don't think I've ever really enjoyed Monday night games- ever since Tony Yaboah cracked one in for Leeds. I always remember that as our first MNF on Sky, maybe it wasn't. Maybe another Ghanaian could make a big impression tonight!

Has any one injury created more conflicting reports regarding the return date?

All of Sturridge & Lallana’s one injuries I’d guess when it comes to the Liverpool squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

_________Becker________

____Matip______Dijk_______

______Henderson_________

Milner___________Robertson_

___Georginio__Fabinho_____

________Firmino_________

_Salah___________Mane__

Kill em that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sturridge could do with a start, just to give Firmino another boost. Worked last time he was dropped, he came back determined to score goals and did.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Not tonight no thanks. Bobby starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Allison
    Milner matip vvd robbo
    Hendo wijnaldum fabinho
    Salah firmino mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

mikeym wrote: »
    Dont expect Everton to do us favours.

They are playing very poorly.

Playing nearly as bad as West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Playing nearly as bad as West Ham

City's away record is only slightly better than Everton's home record, so...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So with the West Ham manager coming out saying he wants to win tonight for Man City do we expect West Ham to lay down on the 27th?

So with the West Ham manager coming out saying he wants to win tonight for Man City do we expect West Ham to lay down on the 27th?

I'm having flashbacks to Sam Allardyce and Fergie!!

Next they'll be saying Klopp is beyond the pale!! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

I think that is more down to the club giving Roy the Liverpool job over him after Rafa was sacked.

I think that is more down to the club giving Roy the Liverpool job over him after Rafa was sacked.

I don't forgive the club for that either! :mad:

Although I want to believe it was all part of Purslow's evil genius plan to get rid of the two idiots so I'm not so angry about it, just scarred for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Rafa will send the kids out on the 4th of May ;)

Pellers doesn't do defensive football, Liverpool will cut through them. No fear tonight and I wouldn't be reading too much into the Leicester result, they have been very efficient against the Top 6 this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Allison
    Milner matip vvd robbo
    Hendo wijnaldum fabinho
    Salah firmino mane

I think all agreed this will be preferred team, only issue being which of middle 3 sits deepest - personally hoping its Fab, but expect Hendo

What's the weather like? I think that had the most impact on our play last weak more so than Leicesters tactics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What's the weather like? I think that had the most impact on our play last weak more so than Leicesters tactics

Looks to be fine, no rain forecast either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

West Ham generally give up a lot of chances and can't/won't set up to defend, they've the 7th worst defence in the league and have lost their previous three games (all away) but their recent home record is good (5 PL games, 1 FA Cup)

Played 6 - 4 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss

So they could have a bit about them at home. I'm still confident of a win later but would like to see a bit of a performance put in, defence has looked ragged lately due to injuries/sloppiness but they need to step it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Vicxas wrote: »

Pretty sure West Ham have said Arnoutavic is still in with a chance. Decision before the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'd be astonished if the midfield 3 tonight is anything other than Fabinho, Hendo and Wijnaldum. I just can't see this being the night for Keita or Shaqiri to get a start. Shaqiri has been fairly quiet lately when he starts and Keita well he's just done nothing to justify a starting spot simple as that, 1 assist all season says it all.

Hopefully Alisson is awake from the start tonight, he was very dodgy against Leicester in the first half and just dawdling on the ball and nearly caught out twice, that didn't help the atmosphere imo and I'm again starting to feel nervy anytime he has the ball, you just don't know what he's going to do, not quite a call for Mignolet to come back in however!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement