Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

They were all fairly lackadaisical the last night against Leicester... which was the most worrying aspect for me.
    Chance to go 7 points up and they never really went for it. Nerves? the snow? Warm weather training in Dubai only to return to Winter in Liverpool ?? Who knows... whatever the case they gotta up the tempo tonight. Starting from the back - especially VVD and whoever partners him. We need that ball being played with pace and not just rolled around from left to right. West Ham are a pure Jekyll and Hyde team but i expect us to close this one out tonight. (fingers crossed!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Too long a gap between games doesn't help I think myself 10 days off before the Leicester game didn't help.

They will have 10 days off before Munich as well.

Better to have a game a week now to keep the momentum going to long of a gap between games can kill any momentum built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Too long a gap between games doesn't help I think myself 10 days off before the Leicester game didn't help.

They will have 10 days off before Munich as well.

Better to have a game a week now to keep the momentum going to long of a gap between games can kill any momentum built up.

Yeah, i think the same. Dunno what the stats are results wise, but i always find its breaks our rhythm having so long between games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Fromvert wrote: »
    have lost their previous three games

I hate playing any team on a losing run like this

But if we're as good as we think we are this season we need to be winning these sorts of games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Flyer29 wrote: »
    It is a slight worry how much we rely on the front 3 to score all our goals.

As for the lack of goals from our midfielders, it’s clearly down to the fact that we simply don’t shoot from outside the box, whether that’s by instruction from Klopp or down to a lack of confidence from the lads in taking a shot on I don’t know.

Agree with this, we definitely are not doing much shooting from outside the box this season. I'm not sure why that is, perhaps its Klopps call but feel that even if a shot is saved we have three speed merchants up front to take advantage of any loose balls in the box. We're not causing the same kind of panic in the oppositions box that we were last season. Klopps more conservative style this year has us top of the table so its hard to question it. But it means we are not tonking teams by 2 or 3 clear goals like last season. What we are getting is a lot of 1-0's, 2-1's which is fine so far but if nerves set into the players (as it felt v.Leicester) then we're in danger of drawing games and dropping points.

Anyway glad to hear Arnoutivic and Nasri are missing tonight, everything goes through them in West Ham attacks so they should be pretty blunt upfront tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

8-10 wrote: »
    I hate playing any team on a losing run like this

But if we're as good as we think we are this season we need to be winning these sorts of games

Which we have been. Leicester were the only dropped points outside of the Top 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

is new french man like ngubu signed or is good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shots from outside the area did someone say?

DyksilYWoAE0aDf.jpg:large

Wilson is ticking over at 1 goal every 2 games (182 mins) which for a player switching between wide right and the No 10 role is excellent no matter which way you slice it. Only two assists looks poor but he has been badly let down by his fellow Derby attackers a number of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

So with the West Ham manager coming out saying he wants to win tonight for Man City do we expect West Ham to lay down on the 27th?

if I was a WH fan I'd be raging if I heard this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Agree with this, we definitely are not doing much shooting from outside the box this season. I'm not sure why that is, perhaps its Klopps call but feel that even if a shot is saved we have three speed merchants up front to take advantage of any loose balls in the box. We're not causing the same kind of panic in the oppositions box that we were last season. Klopps more conservative style this year has us top of the table so its hard to question it. But it means we are not tonking teams by 2 or 3 clear goals like last season. What we are getting is a lot of 1-0's, 2-1's which is fine so far but if nerves set into the players (as it felt v.Leicester) then we're in danger of drawing games and dropping points.

Anyway glad to hear Arnoutivic and Nasri are missing tonight, everything goes through them in West Ham attacks so they should be pretty blunt upfront tonight.

I'd be glad to hear Arnautovic is out too but it would be poor Intel as he's not ruled out, he could play tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Sorry to be the Jonah lads - but it's gonna be my fault that Liverpool dont win tonight.

Limerick walked all over Tipp
    England walked all over Ireland
    New England walked all over the Rams

There's no way I get 4 from 4 and Liverpool walk all over West Ham...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Do you think we will do better away from home tonight as opposed to at home v Leicester? As I seen some mention of the Anfield crowd growing impatient and it could have possibly affected the players performance?

I don't know, maybe the crowd need to try and lift them more often as opposed to grunting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Sorry to be the Jonah lads - but it's gonna be my fault that Liverpool dont win tonight.

PhuckHugh!! :mad:

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Do you think we will do better away from home tonight as opposed to at home v Leicester? As I seen some mention of the Anfield crowd growing impatient and it could have possibly affected the players performance?

I don't know, maybe the crowd need to try and lift them more often as opposed to grunting

The hope would be that teams at home come out and attack Liverpool and not sit deep and counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Wouldn't say New England "walked all over" the rams. If Liverpool warn a narrow victory tonight without walking all over them, I'll be happy.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

2 all draw is my worst estimate for tonight, us scoring 2 from 6 chances and they scoring 2 from 3. If they aren't clinical we have a chance of winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Apparently Arnautovic only has a bruised foot, anyone know of this is the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The over analysis on SSN is doing my head in so I'm watching Return of the Pink Panther on film4 instead.
    I see Bayern tried to appeal Muller's two game European ban, they must be worried about something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The over analysis on SSN is doing my head in so I'm watching Return of the Pink Panther on film4 instead.
    I see Bayern tried to appeal Muller's two game European ban, they must be worried about something

Well anyone would do that, particularly as he has a good disciplinary record...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just saw it there, very Manesque sending off, can see why they appealed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Fieldog wrote: »
    Apparently Arnautovic only has a bruised foot, anyone know of this is the case?

Ye however he has failed a fitness test and is definetly out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Neuer isn't really a major lose to them these days.
    :confused: He's the club captain and they shipped 3 goals in the game he missed at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Go for the reverse jinx - if West Ham win by 7 goals, they'll climb to 8th place in the table - that's the walk over you're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Arnautovic has failed the fitness test and isn't in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

A black cat ran across my path on the way home so we are definitely goosed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Have a feeling we will have a game on our hands later on. Will willingly take 1-0 and a boring game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Talisman wrote: »
    :confused: He's the club captain and they shipped 3 goals in the game he missed at the weekend.

He has let in 26 goals in 27 games this season and only kept 10 clean sheets this season.

He’s not the player he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Lallana :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1092498025124118530?s=21

Hendo and Lovren are out, have a very bad feeling about this lineup.

Really poor bench as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

**** me I can see that midfield being bullied if they don't toughen up

Holy crap, Randall can feel hard done by.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Gini a huge loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Great Keita starts the useless sh*t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Really hope that we don't need to call upon that bench. Good lord

That warm weather training went really well didn't it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Bit worried about this one to be honest. Injuries are having a bit of an affect now.

Lallana and Keita in midfield together away from home I'm not sure about. Hopefully one or both of them step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Fcuking hell we're top of the league, having our best season in a long long time and this is how people are reacting to team news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Fcuking hell we're top of the league, having our best season in a long long time and this is how people are reacting to team news.

He’s crap and could cost us

• Advertisement

Certain players have to show up tonight, that team cant carry anyone...going to have to dig deep to get the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Need a massive performance here from Fabinho. Huge pressure on him sharing the midfield with Keita and Lallana.

On the plus side that's a creative midfield but I worry about us getting overrun.

Bench looks weak too. If the starters aren't doing it, we could be in trouble.

3-2 nervy win is my prediction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Once agian shows how f*cking stupid it was to let Clyne go
    Keep him and he plays right back amd u have Milner for the midfeild ,
    It one of the worst choices iv seen from top manger in ages ,everyome could see how it cpuld back fire andnit has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

magma69 wrote: »
    Need a massive performance here from Fabinho. Huge pressure on him sharing the midfield with Keita and Lallana.

On the plus side that's a creative midfield but I worry about us getting overrun.

Bench looks weak too. If the starters aren't doing it, we could be in trouble.

3-2 nervy win is my prediction.
    A midfield of Noble,Rice(Good player but not quick) & Snodgrass is outrunning no one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Would be great for the front 3 to just land a few quick blows and give us a handy game, otherwise this gonna be a hard watch

Awful statement. Have a word with yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

So is this a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

He’s crap and could cost us

Your comment is crap - what's the cost to this thread?

Seriously though, not necessary...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

No mention of Mane up against Fredericks who’s having his 1st start since September. Just bitching and moaning at who’s playing and the possible negatives.

Mon the Reds!

MD1990 wrote: »
    A midfield of Noble,Rice(Good player but not quick) & Snodgrass is outrunning no one.

Overrun with physicality is what I meant. Rice in particular is strong and tenacious.

Once agian shows how f*cking stupid it was to let Clyne go
    Keep him and he plays right back amd u have Milner for the midfeild ,
    It one of the worst choices iv seen from top manger in ages ,everyome could see how it cpuld back fire andnit has

If we knew the full story behind Clyne and his exit maybe we would think it was a master stroke to get him out the door.

Added to that...the official version....he wanted out. Not much point having someone in the group who doesnt want to be there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement