Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Once agian shows how f*cking stupid it was to let Clyne go
    Keep him and he plays right back amd u have Milner for the midfeild ,
    It one of the worst choices iv seen from top manger in ages ,everyome could see how it cpuld back fire andnit has

I wouldn't say its backfired yet but it definitely appears to have been a bad decision. Hopefully other players raise their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Fcuking hell we're top of the league, having our best season in a long long time and this is how people are reacting to team news.

Keita isn’t the reason we’re top of the league 😂hopefully he can kick on tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

That's an extremely weak midfield. Lallana finishedzl, shouldn't be near the first team. Hopefully Keita can pull one out the bag, due a performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Any chance of recalling Harry Wilson? No depth in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Great Keita starts the useless sh*t

Hopefully this turns out as well as the time you called Firmino a hairdresser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Keita isn’t the reason we’re top of the league 😂hopefully he can kick on tonight

True. But he's not the reason we drew against Leicester. That was Robbo's stupid tackle and bad defending.

He was the only player that created a realistic chance to win that game bar for a bad refereeing decision.

I'm more concerned with Lallana tonight than Keita.

It one of the worst choices iv seen from top manger in ages ,everyome could see how it cpuld back fire andnit has

Absolutely madness but there is a lot of talk round Liverpool the lad has gone of the rails big time no doubt it’s probably pure rumours but have heard it from three Liverpool taxi driver and sure they wouldn’t tell a lie😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Let's be honest we all grimaced when we heard that team news, bad feeling about that midfield, hopefully it won't pan out that way and Lallana and Keita can contribute positively to this game. Injuries killing us at the minute, bench looks abysmal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Well we'll need Lallana and Keita to play some of their best football today, I trust the rest enough to play to the required level but can't have two in the middle playing below average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

We are Liverpool

Remember that folks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Absolutely madness but there is a lot of talk round Liverpool the lad has gone of the rails big time no doubt it’s probably pure rumours but have heard it from three Liverpool taxi driver and sure they wouldn’t tell a lie😂😂

Why play him against United makes no sense , had to the last day of the window to let him go if they wanted a chance to aait and see on Gomez and Trent
    Going for the title every single point and game counts
    Negligence from the manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

For those of you making negative comments about individual players, please make sure you come back for humble pie if proven wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Clyne played 7 games in 2 years, it's unfortunate that we get a load of injuries and suspensions the moment he leaves but the reality is we can't just stockpile players on the off-chance we need them for one or two games a season, the majority of players are gonna want out in situations like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Once agian shows how f*cking stupid it was to let Clyne go Keep him and he plays right back amd u have Milner for the midfeild , It one of the worst choices iv seen from top manger in ages ,everyome could see how it cpuld back fire andnit has

It's like Clyne is a messiah or something. Klopp didn't fancy him, considerable personal issues, and we have Trent, Gomez and Millie as alternate options, unlucky that 2 of these injured. It's not like Clyne is showing anything at Bournemouth.

Sometimes I think that many fans feel players that don't play get proportionately better the less they play - Clyne, Studge, Origi. The manager seeing these guys every day in training surely couldn't be better at judging them.

Not sure clyne is the real issue think Klopp got it wrong against Leicester Fabinho should have started right full has he has played there plenty of times for Brazil

This the kind of game where some of the perceived dead wood at the club can prove themselves. Great motivation to show the club you want to be at the club after the Summer. Give the manager something to think about.

He’s crap and could cost us

The guy that was one of most sought after players in Europe is not crap. He hasn't settled, certainly hasn't played well, but I think he will definitely come good given a certain amount of patience. Looks like a confidence player that needs support rather than condemnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Don't believe anything unless it's on WhatsApp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I expect the main men up front to take the pressure off the rest of the team. C'mon the Pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    The guy that was one of most sought after players in Europe is not crap. He hasn't settled, certainly hasn't played well, but I think he will definitely come good given a certain amount of patience. Looks like a confidence player that needs support rather than condemnation.

Well he's hardly going to be reading this thread.

Ya can’t bate an aul 5-4 win from behind the sofa with the kids tiptoeing round the house cause dads about to have a breakdown 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bloody hell, where has this idea come from that Clyne is the answer to all our problems?

Klopp is not stupid and I would trust his reasoning for letting him go.

One decent performance against a disheartened United team not playing for Mourinho and people go on as if he's a must have.

Did you see how poor he was for Bournemouth against Cardiff on Saturday?

There are still good players in the midfield and I'm confident we'll win tonight as West Ham are not that good and also have injury issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Not inspired with Lallana starting, would have started Jones and told Naby to push on a bit and show us what he can do.

It's like Clyne is a messiah or something. Klopp didn't fancy him, considerable personal issues, and we have Trent, Gomez and Millie as alternate options, unlucky that 2 of these injured. It's not like Clyne is showing anything at Bournemouth.

Sometimes I think that many fans feel players that don't play get proportionately better the less they play - Clyne, Studge, Origi. The manager seeing these guys every day in training surely couldn't be better at judging them.

Clyne is 10x a better right back than Milner is. He's a better defender than Trent at this stage. He's been consistently solid at the back for the club. His flaws have always been his attacking element to his game.

Anyways I've said all I have to say on the matter. Time for me to leave it go a d hope the makeshift right backs do the business.

Once agian shows how f*cking stupid it was to let Clyne go Keep him and he plays right back amd u have Milner for the midfeild , It one of the worst choices iv seen from top manger in ages ,everyome could see how it cpuld back fire andnit has

But Gomes was injured oved a month when we let Clyne go , and Matip was out , Lovren has never played 7 games in a row because of injury , We knew we had injury problems when we sold him
    Hes miles better than Milner or Hemdo back there

• Advertisement

Not inspired with Lallana starting, would have started Jones and told Naby to push on a bit and show us what he can do.

Lallana has a lot more experience than Jones. Sensible choice.

The biggest concern is probably how long will Lallana last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hopefully this turns out as well as the time you called Firmino a hairdresser.

Wrong I called him Gok Wans sister and he texted me later to thank me for the kick up the arse he needed after reading my post on Boards

On the plus side a chance for Naby and Lallana to make point and get places in our starting 11, go earn ur wages lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

magma69 wrote: »
    Clyne is 10x a better right back than Milner is. He's a better defender than Trent at this stage. He's been consistently solid at the back for the club. His flaws have always been his attacking element to his game.

Anyways I've said all I have to say on the matter. Time for me to leave it go a d hope the makeshift right backs do the business.

Funny how players become 10x better when they are injured/out of the team for long periods.

• Advertisement

The biggest concern is probably how long will Lallana last.

That's my concern too.

His match fitness and rustiness.

He was our best player 2 seasons ago but people seem to forget that and have written him off.
    The ability is there but he's just been unlucky with injuries.

Wow, Clyne really is the messiah

magma69 wrote: »

No, he's not.

You're just basing this on 1 game in 18 months.

The downplaying of Clyne is probably as bad as him being the answer to all of our problems.

robwen wrote: »
    Don't believe anything unless it's on WhatsApp

UhgRfZB.jpg

Wow, Clyne really is the messiah

"He's not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy!"

#namethatmovie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Clyne would be the best right back right now and that's what matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Lads we have Bobby, Salah and mane up front. A bit of perspective is needed here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

Lallana? Didn’t see that one coming.

Wrong I called him Gok Wans sister and he texted me later to thank me for the kick up the arse he needed after reading my post on Boards

What's her name, Gok Yung Wan? :D

• Advertisement

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Funny how players become 10x better when they are injured/out of the team for long periods.

10x better than Milner as a right back.

Ah sure you might aswell read it as me saying he's 10x better than Messi. Fill your boots pal.

Clyne would be the best right back right now and that's what matters.

Yeh but hindsight and all that. He was 3rd choice 2 months ago. You cannot keep every 3rd choice payer in a position just in case. We don't even have a 3rd choice LB, it's Milner again. If we lose two attackers, we are starting Sturridge and Origi. You will always lose quality when you lose first choice players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Clyne was awful for Bournemouth against Cardiff on the weekend, people need to relax saying how awful the decision to let him go was. Trust in Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The downplaying of Clyne is probably as bad as him being the answer to all of our problems.

Best post of the night.

He most certainly ins't the answer to our problems but if he wasn't the viable 2nd choice, he probably.. Anyway, you are can still be an supporter and advocate of Klopp while criticising his choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

not the strongest team but it is what it is 3 points is the main thing tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Can we please just let go of Clyne? Klopp has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Would love to see Keita have a stormer tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Would love to see Keita have a stormer tonight.

If he did and scored 2 he would be a great fella here later tonight and tomorrow.

Best post of the night.

He most certainly ins't the answer to our problems but if he wasn't the viable 2nd choice, he probably.. Anyway, you are can still be an supporter and advocate of Klopp while criticising his choices.

Of course you can criticise Klopp's choices but to call one of the worst choices seen from top manager in ages is ridiculous as we don't have his full reasoning behind the decision and sometimes you just have to trust the manager's judgement as he knows the full story, behaviour, attitude and impact on dressing room etc.

Also Klopp probably reckoned that TAA and Gomez woud be back soon and was happy to let him go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Dickerty wrote: »
    "He's not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy!"

#namethatmovie

The Life of Clyne!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement