Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Shop Epos & Software

Options
  • 07-01-2019 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey Guys

I'm looking for new till and software for my book shop. There is a complicated list of things I want. I need to order books that are out of stock. I put away lots of orders everyday for customers away so I need a system to keep track of this for my customers.

I use CBE at the moment. I am looking at some cloud computing system vend. but am slow to go to the cloud.

Anyone any experience advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Bertline is the obvious one for books it's free and let's you order directly from it.

https://www.bertrams.com/BertWeb/index.jsp?s=56

I don't know if any of the newer online systems would be great for books there would be no integration and probably wouldn't be set up to handle ISBN and barcodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DaveJoyce

Cloud based is just as good as any legacy ePOS installed in your store. As long as you have reliable broadband. A lot of them will work off line but they won't send back sales or update prices, collect new products without been online again.

hybrid options are also available where you are using a cloud based ePOS but it is installed in you site and available externally giving you the benefits of both. I have done this for several customers and it is works perfectly

Vend is a good system but I don't the user interface for the POS Screen. I have seen it running in a few QSR sites so it is able to handle the work. Another option would be EposNow, which seems to be running in a lot of eCig Stores.

Dave

Turbo Inventory ERP

Helping you sell more, more often

Advertisement