Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Racing Festival 2019

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

What a day for punters. If u haven’t made money then give up gambling

Yeah Super pick Aidan as usual!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Andrew00 wrote: »
    What a day for punters. If u haven’t made money then give up gambling

:)

Is that you Sting?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Lads I think envoi Allen was in serious trouble there before the other horse ran out , certainly no machine , and I backed him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

aidankkk wrote: »
    Heading both days. So if anyone wants to loose money along with me

12:50 Leopardstown
    I’m not sure I fancy anything near the top of the market here and it really doesn’t look like any of these will be playing a part in March. That said Rhinestone could well have enough improvement in him to play a part here. I though he was a certainty for the bumper last year until the rains came, and this ground here should suit. He was definitely unlucky last time out and I just think he will be steadily improving this year. 14/1 looks a bit of value
    1 Point win 14/1 VC/Coral 12/1 generally
    1:25 Leopardstown
    Petit Mouchoir is one of my horses to follow this year and simply put he is probably as good as anything else in this field if Apples Jade doesn’t perform. 16/1 is certainly too big and worth a small bet just in case.
    1 Point win 16/1 generally
    2:00 Leop
    I’m afraid heart before head here but I still think Jezki has loads to offer even on some of his form this year. Of this mark on good ground he can win. The fav is a silly price. I’m finding it hard to see him in the first 6 here.
    1 Point EW 33/1 Paddy 6 places
    2:35 Leop
    Meticulous didn’t seem to want to battle last time after a few bumps on the way and I think he could well be underrated here at a huge price. I’m not sure there is much between the rest of the field after the FAV and 33/1 looks great value.
    1 Point EW 33/1 Paddy/Betfair
    3:45
    I think Us and Them is being underrated here. He is a superb jumper and if this race is a big burnout which it may well be, he stays well and should be suited by it. He looks to be in the top 3 here to me and 20/1 is bigger than I expected.
    1 Point EW 20/1 paddy/betfair/vc

2-3-2-2-2. And ordinary world w/o min as well . On it the better punting days ;-).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

2-3-2-2-2. And ordinary world w/o min as well . On it the better punting days ;-).

JezkI tho Aido 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Sassy Diva..rated 116 and carries 10 st, was beaten half a length by tintangle giving her 5lb who is now rated 130,was beaten 3ls by Honeysuckle giving her 3lb who is now probably in the the 140s, she tends to find it hard to win but 14/1 seems big price to me based on her last two runs

Lovely jubly, didnt jump or travel great but had a ton in hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

No more bets form me until Cheltenham now, unless its to add to my a/p portfolio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I see the Racing Post reporting attendances were down for the Dublin Racing Festival

26,136 in 2018 v 24,256 in 2019

Perhaps the Leopardstown management need to consider the approach they are taking to the paying customer

The queues were rubbish last year and I saw a repeat on Boxing day

Clearly not prepared for the level of attendance that is coming to the meetings there, it would seem

I didn't come over this year, and when I asked the 4 lads I go racing with, they just referred to last year's farce at the entrance and said give it a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

abarkie wrote: »
    I see the Racing Post reporting attendances were down for the Dublin Racing Festival

More than likely due to the rugby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I know mick o Leary was at the rugby so there’s -1 right there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Rugby was on last year too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

abarkie wrote: »

Perhaps the Leopardstown management need to consider the approach they are taking to the paying customer

The queues were rubbish last year and I saw a repeat on Boxing day

Clearly not prepared for the level of attendance that is coming to the meetings there, it would seem

I didn't come over this year, and when I asked the 4 lads I go racing with, they just referred to last year's farce at the entrance and said give it a miss

I only live down the road and didn't go either day, I wasn't feeling great on Sunday. I don't think a 7% reduction is all that much of a tragedy tbh. The racing was good and from what I am told the event ran well. It will certainly go ahead again next year. I am delighted for all that were involved and I hope everyone got a few winners and Cheltenham pointers out of it.

Your comments about the course not being prepared don't work for me. The track is used to well over 15,000 spectators on Stephens' day each year, sometimes over 20,000. I understand that management are trying to introduce a new ticketing system. This is bound to cause hiccups, but nothing that would stop me going back racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Didn't go last weekend but was there on 27th December and would agree that the place was a struggle to get around, going around parade ring was a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

carq wrote: »
    Rugby was on last year too

Not in Dublin and not against England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Went both days this week and there was no queue for anything either day . Toilets , drink, coffee , entry . All no problems.

They need to better hide the crap to the right under the main stand , it diesnt look great .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

Went both days this week and there was no queue for anything either day . Toilets , drink, coffee , entry . All no problems.

They need to better hide the crap to the right under the main stand , it diesnt look great .

I was there Saturday, a good crowd but it was a racing crowd not 90% young locals who are only there for a piss up like Stephens day!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

1. The rugby
    2. No accommodation that weekend because of the rugby
    3. The potential for snow forecasted for the days leading up to it.

Didn't stop me going and having a good day out!

Advertisement