Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile signal

Options
  • 07-01-2019 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I signed up to Eir Mobile 2 weeks ago & have problems receiving calls since last week. I am still in my cooling off period so think I may have to go back to my previous provider. Before I do that can someone please let me know how their Eir mobile signal is? I see other posts mentioning outages - has this been resolved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you have problems from particular networks only?

If you can make calls at the same time then its possible its not a signal issue and a routing porting issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Am with eir mobile 2 years now, was with Vodafone before that. Eir has improved dramatically for me in the last 6 months, good coverage everywhere I go now. Previous to that I would regularly have no signal when others with me would have coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KarenOC45

Davy wrote: »
    Do you have problems from particular networks only?

If you can make calls at the same time then its possible its not a signal issue and a routing porting issue.
    Hi Davy, I’m not actually sure if it is from one particular network. This is my business phone so would have people from various networks calling me. Yesterday afternoon no calls came through, tried calling my phone from my landline & it went straight to voicemail (& I also never received a notification to say I missed a call). Had WiFi calling on & it still didn’t work but I was able to ring out. I tried it again this morning, it didn’t connect again!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like a messed up port tbh.

If:
    A) your phone shows "bars"
    B) calls never ring

Then you need to do a test. Call from as many as you can:
    - Eir Mobile
    - Eir landline
    - 3 Mobile
    - Voda Mobile
    - Voda Landline
    - Tesco
    - Lyca

Work out which work and which don't then report it to Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Contact Eir there were intermittent faults recently effecting bill pay stopping calls being received and sent. Its effecting me also and im on Pay as you go. It can take up to 7-8 tries to even get a dial tone, service is normally very good, i also have full bars at all times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

KarenOC45 wrote: »
    Hi Davy, I’m not actually sure if it is from one particular network. This is my business phone so would have people from various networks calling me. Yesterday afternoon no calls came through, tried calling my phone from my landline & it went straight to voicemail (& I also never received a notification to say I missed a call). Had WiFi calling on & it still didn’t work but I was able to ring out. I tried it again this morning, it didn’t connect again!
    It’s definitely a routing issue after porting in, when you port in, the network your porting into has to tell every other network that you are now with EIR, it would seem every other network still thinks you’re with your previous provider.

Advertisement